Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 VANDALORVM II DISCUSSION/FEEDBACK

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: IB2 VANDALS DISCUSSION AND REPORT BUGS

spoiler: go into 'advanced' and select (highlight) the picture (or text) that you want in a spoiler and then click the symbol that looks like an exclamation mark.
    resolution: add this line in the [video] section of your mod's CFG file: tga_width = 1440
    stats for ballista: that will be in the export_descr_units file. Should be this line:
    Code:
    stat_sec         55, 3, ballista, 180, 50, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, piercing, none, 25, 1

Boores's Avatar Laetus

Thankssss

The numbers in red are the damage to the buildings,or are the damage in general. I wanna that no make damage to buildings a little damage, but make damage to men. Iīm going to try change the number to 20 for example.

Boores's Avatar Laetus

The number in red, 55, in de txt archive is black, is the amount of damage in general, but in the game the ballista make 10 damage vs buildings. If 10 is the amount of damage against walls, where is the 10 factor?? I donīt find it to neutralize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boores View Post
    The number in red, 55, in de txt archive is black, is the amount of damage in general, but in the game the ballista make 10 damage vs buildings. If 10 is the amount of damage against walls, where is the 10 factor?? I donīt find it to neutralize it.
    Hi Boores
    Thanks for the input and this something we will look at when we revisit the mod very soon

If you go to MTW2 Kingdoms work shop you can do som digging and ask questions there also. You will find a great of resources available there
    Mod Workshop

We may want to use your results so let us know how this goes
    Last edited by Riothamus; March 26, 2011 at 09:48 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Boores's Avatar Laetus

Thank you very much Rio. Iīll go there to learn more over mods and i will try put my little contribution if i could I get two hours making differents attempts but without success.

Iīd like the mods about Dark Ages and the final of the Roman Empire, and your mods are very goods.

Cheers

Thank you very much Rio. Iīll go there to learn more over mods and i will try put my little contribution if i could I get two hours making differents attempts but without success.

Cheers
    Welcome to modding ...keep trying...its the most important asect for modding

Iīd like the mods about Dark Ages and the final of the Roman Empire, and your mods are very goods.

Cheers
    We thank you
    continue to post

Boores's Avatar Laetus

YEahhhh!!!! find it

from descr_projectile.txt

projectile ballista
    effect large_arrow_trail_set
    end_effect large_arrow_explode_set
    end_man_effect man_impact_small_set
    end_package_effect wall_impact_small_set
    end_shatter_effect large_arrow_explode_set
    end_shatter_man_effect man_impact_small_set
    end_shatter_package_effect wall_impact_small_set

damage 10 HERE IT ISSSSS!!!! change this for 1
    damage_to_troops 5
    radius 0
    mass 0.8
    accuracy_vs_units 0.005
    accuracy_vs_buildings 0.05
    accuracy_vs_towers 0.025
    min_angle -30
    max_angle 35
    velocity 60
    ;bounce 0.5 0.6 0.5 0.4
    body_piercing
    display aimed particle_trail invert_model_z
    model data/models_missile/missile_ballista_bolt_high.CAS, 40.0
    model data/models_missile/missile_ballista_bolt_med.CAS, 80.0
    model data/models_missile/missile_ballista_bolt_low.CAS, max

YEahhhh!!!! find it

from descr_projectile.txt

projectile ballista
    effect large_arrow_trail_set
    end_effect large_arrow_explode_set
    end_man_effect man_impact_small_set
    end_package_effect wall_impact_small_set
    end_shatter_effect large_arrow_explode_set
    end_shatter_man_effect man_impact_small_set
    end_shatter_package_effect wall_impact_small_set

damage 10 HERE IT ISSSSS!!!! change this for 1
    damage_to_troops 5
    radius 0
    mass 0.8
    accuracy_vs_units 0.005
    accuracy_vs_buildings 0.05
    accuracy_vs_towers 0.025
    min_angle -30
    max_angle 35
    velocity 60
    ;bounce 0.5 0.6 0.5 0.4
    body_piercing
    display aimed particle_trail invert_model_z
    model data/models_missile/missile_ballista_bolt_high.CAS, 40.0
    model data/models_missile/missile_ballista_bolt_med.CAS, 80.0
    model data/models_missile/missile_ballista_bolt_low.CAS, max
    Niceee Boores!!!

Did you test it at 1?

Boores's Avatar Laetus

Yes. Two ballistas fired all their bolts against the same portion of a wall, and no damage

On the next screen the same configuration against men and Perfect!!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Boores; March 26, 2011 at 01:30 PM.

Foederatus

MAny lods and sprites lacking. It slows down considerably the game

Boores's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Trotski12 View Post
    MAny lods and sprites lacking. It slows down considerably the game

My pc runs very well with the mod, no lag.

Foederatus

doens't mean it should run fine on my computer^^

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Forgot why stopped playng ths mod last year and reinstalled it last night but didn't get past the frst two battles. The battles are just so unrealstic. Lined my Vandals up aganst the enemy and as soon as the battle begins half of them disappear behind a hill to throw javelins at incredble distances no shield wall formaton. This is probably because of the limted actions for javeln troops afforded by MTW2. So hope there are better ones in the Britannia campaign or it will be the same for any unit that throws spears. it would probably have been better to finish ths Vandal campagn off first instaed of leavng it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    Forgot why stopped playng ths mod last year and reinstalled it last night but didn't get past the frst two battles. The battles are just so unrealstic. Lined my Vandals up aganst the enemy and as soon as the battle begins half of them disappear behind a hill to throw javelins at incredble distances no shield wall formaton. This is probably because of the limted actions for javeln troops afforded by MTW2. So hope there are better ones in the Britannia campaign or it will be the same for any unit that throws spears. it would probably have been better to finish ths Vandal campagn off first instaed of leavng it this way.
    You could for several years work on something before you find the correct solution to a problem. So instead we moved on with the intention of fixing such issues when we have become more adapt at dealing with the MTW2 Kingdoms engine. We released the mod as it was for we were not going to twiddle our thumbs for months at a time whenever an issue like this was to arise and thus never get a thing done. So we moved on, did what we could and what we knew how to with the Vandals campaign and released it. Now we are nearly finished with the Britanniae mod with many things learned and we are coming back to add those new things to the Vandals campaign. If you cant understand this then quite frankly, no illl will intended here to you, but you might just need to move on
    Last edited by Riothamus; March 29, 2011 at 02:38 PM.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

I would like to add a small suggestion. Knowing that IB:CB is going to be released soon (Well lets hope so) and the team said on several occasions that the Vandal campaign will be given a face lift, I would suggest the indroduction of some new factions. The reason is that the map is a little empty, expesially the northern portion. Its quite easy as Imperium Occidentalis to criple the Vandals, make the Visigoths your allies and then going to war against the Huns, and the Berbers and Suebi are of no concern. The Burgundians maybe as an emerging faction and the Alemanni in the North will pose a more serious treat to Rome or Ravenna. It would be better if the map of Gaul is enlarged and the Frankish faction included. I so much like Invasio Barbarorum that I would kiss each one of the team on his a..... if these suggestion are included. ( For the Kiss better forget it, for the love for this mod, its true love ).

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    I would like to add a small suggestion. Knowing that IB:CB is going to be released soon (Well lets hope so) and the team said on several occasions that the Vandal campaign will be given a face lift, I would suggest the indroduction of some new factions. The reason is that the map is a little empty, expesially the northern portion. Its quite easy as Imperium Occidentalis to criple the Vandals, make the Visigoths your allies and then going to war against the Huns, and the Berbers and Suebi are of no concern. The Burgundians maybe as an emerging faction and the Alemanni in the North will pose a more serious treat to Rome or Ravenna. It would be better if the map of Gaul is enlarged and the Frankish faction included. I so much like Invasio Barbarorum that I would kiss each one of the team on his a..... if these suggestion are included. ( For the Kiss better forget it, for the love for this mod, its true love ).

Cheers.

Good suggestions and we are discussing the addition of possibly 2 more factions. You will see Atilla make an appearence too. and much more better game play, balance etc.. The size will remain for it is designed as a mini campaign as the next two are suppose to be(Brtianniae we got carried away ) The final mod will be the big bad Momma

I think midnite would also attests to this about himself also but I have learned a great deal in past several months. As a team I think we are all saying that

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    You could for several years work on something before you find the correct solution to a problem. So instead we moved on with the intention of fixing such issues when we have become more adapt at dealing with the MTW2 Kingdoms engine. We released the mod as it was for we were not going to twiddle our thumbs for months at a time whenever an issue like this was to arise and thus never get a thing done. So we moved on, did what we could and what we knew how to with the Vandals campaign and released it. Now we are nearly finished with the Britanniae mod with many things learned and we are coming back to add those new things to the Vandals campaign. If you cant understand this then quite frankly, no illl will intended here to you, but you might just need to move on
    I detect a bit of defensiveness in your reply Rio and yes I did move on, that's why I said it had been many months since playng the mod. However the manner in which your troops behave in a battle, is surely pretty fundamental issue to overcome when playng TW is it not? and especally when what you get varies so very greatly from those of the era you are basing the mod. I know that SigniferOne had problems with getting a classical era mod to play well using MTW2 animations but has come up wth some new ones. It would be nice to now that ths issue had been resolved so that so many of us that did stop playing IB2 can return in eager antcipation.

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    I detect a bit of defensiveness in your reply Rio and yes I did move on, that's why I said it had been many months since playng the mod. However the manner in which your troops behave in a battle, is surely pretty fundamental issue to overcome when playng TW is it not? and especally when what you get varies so very greatly from those of the era you are basing the mod. I know that SigniferOne had problems with getting a classical era mod to play well using MTW2 animations but has come up wth some new ones. It would be nice to now that ths issue had been resolved so that so many of us that did stop playing IB2 can return in eager antcipation.
    Well yes of couse..What did you expect? I felt when reading it, it wasn't constructive. We realize this issue and midnite has made some successful strides in making in game battles better but it has taken time to do so. We realized this from the start and knew we were in for some problems transitioning over the late Roman era to this Kingdoms engine. But again we have made great strides in many aspects and will continue to do so. I think there are many who have stayed with us and followed us, and have seen the progression as displayed with our Britanniae campaign updates that is very soon to be released. I think for many there is an understanding it will be an on going progression due to difficulty the new engine type we are trying to create the mod on and not to mention we are a very small dedicated team...So yes, it certainly bothers me to read in a post of anyone giving up on us. I'm certainly aware the Vandals campaigns limitations and it not in our thoughts to leave it as it is. Its just going to be a bit of process and time to get most things right
    Last edited by Riothamus; March 29, 2011 at 08:09 PM.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

I completely agree with Rio. As a team we have made great strides in our modding abilities in going from vandalorum to conquestus. The size of our team has both benefits and downfalls. Benefits because we are sure of each other's talents and depend on each other to complete various aspects of the mod. Downfalls because there is so much we want to accomplish and simply cannot because of the amout of work needed to be done.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

There is a way to get rid of the Heretics? they are hundreds spread all over my Kingdoms causing continue revolts , is getting a bit painfull .