Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: "Insufficient memory" & "CTD" - workaround

Default Re: "Insufficient memory" & "CTD" - workaround

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Shogun2 is more of a stress test. When was the last time you cleaned out the case and checked the vents and fans?
    Are you trying to say i didnt had enough ram, the game runs but after a couple of turns if i open the clan management the game freezes but i can still hear the fx. I only have 2 gb of ram and some settings are on high, what i belive its that the game ran out of ram and crashed similar to the sims 3.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by paladin45 View Post
    Are you trying to say i didnt had enough ram, the game runs but after a couple of turns if i open the clan management the game freezes but i can still hear the fx. I only have 2 gb of ram and some settings are on high, what i belive its that the game ran out of ram and crashed similar to the sims 3.
    Running out of is what I would say. I would nit try it with less than 4gb. I don't have Sims 3 for comparison, though.
    Have you tried a free copy of game booster? It may buy some more time. Keeping everything minimal will help, too, even if it is ugly.

Running out of is what I would say. I would nit try it with less than 4gb. I don't have Sims 3 for comparison, though.
    Have you tried a free copy of game booster? It may buy some more time. Keeping everything minimal will help, too, even if it is ugly.
    Allright thanks for the advise, im close to buying more ram, but that means downlading shogun from steam again. Damn its gonna take a while until i can report how things go. In the mean time i guess i will have to keep playing third age total war.

After you add the ram and you have the retail version of Win 7, install the 64bit disc. It will end many problems.

After you add the ram and you have the retail version of Win 7, install the 64bit disc. It will end many problems.
    I was thinking that, the point is, that some games arent compatible with 64bits, for example borderlands 2, allthough all total war games work on 64 bits, i could be mistaken though.

Borderlands I don't have to find out but if it can run on XP, it will run with a few tweaks.

I have Rome1 and newer on 64bit along with Simcity4, and King's Quest Collection.

Didn't work and i have 4 gigs of ram.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtonMJack View Post
    Didn't work and i have 4 gigs of ram.
    What didn't work? 32bit o64bit Windows?

Hi all,

I'm trying to get Shogun 2 to stop crashing so much and came across this fix. (I have Win7, 32 bit. Graphics driver updated. The game crashes during battles and just before battles are loaded.)

Thing is, I'm not sure whether this fix would be appropriate in my case. For one, I only get a generic 'Shogun 2 has stopped working' error when it CTDs. I never get an error message suggesting I have insufficient memory (but then, I'm not sure whether I would get such a message in the first place, or if it's something I'd have to decode from the error log or something...)

Is this fix worth a shot in my case, or could I mess up more than I could fix?
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Sup everyone,

I'm having an issue where ETW, run through the ACW mod, continually crashes during battles and has now started crashing at the same point during end of turn. I have a sneaking feeling that it is because of a lack of memory, but am not 100% positive. I do know my way around computers, though I am far from an expert and certainly do not know that much regarding the details of how computers and applications utilize RAM and VRAM.

Regardless, here are my relevant specs:

GPU - AMD Sapphire 7950 (3Gb VRAM)
    CPU - AMD Vishera 8350 Black Edition (Resting 4.2 Ghz, mine normally runs at ~4.8)
    RAM - 16GB Dual-Channeled RAM made by Corsair
    Windows 7 64-bit

As you can see, I at least have the potential to eliminate RAM as a problem, but I don't know how and I did not see a link for 64-Bit users to unlock said potential on the initial post. Does anyone have any simple ideas on this? Alternatively, if anyone has a simpler solution to the crash problem without messing with RAM that'd be cool too.

i tend to use up all space on C drive, at which point i cant make a new save,
    so once in a while i have to go to following directory and delete a few dozen saves
    C:\Documents and Settings\UserXP\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Captain Orange's Avatar Libertus

Hi.

I just read this recently. But I'm confused. Does this apply only to 32bit users (from what I understood so far)? If so, what about the 64bit users? I'd really like to try this, but I just want to make sure.

I am using 64bit and the issue persists.

qUERIA SABER SI hay solucion para win 7 32 bits

Hello. I'm having problems with shogun 2 ctding every time i press end turn after a few turns.
    I have shogun 2 +2 dlcs. Gpu - gtx750. Cpu i5 4690. 4 gb ram. Win 7 64. Tried reinstaling, updating, defragmenting - useless.
    Any advice will be welcome! Also, i dont exp any other probs with it...

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Welcome, micgus. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with Shogun II. Unfortunately I don't know the answer. I expect that you have looked for help on the Shogun II technical help forum - if you haven't, I suggest looking there and posting your request for help there, if you cannot find an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Welcome, micgus. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with Shogun II. Unfortunately I don't know the answer. I expect that you have looked for help on the Shogun II technical help forum - if you haven't, I suggest looking there and posting your request for help there, if you cannot find an answer.
    Never mind. I figured out w hy I crushed!!! It was cuz of quick saving!!! If any body quick saves and ctds better try not to and see if that's the reason! Would be nice if posted...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
    Hi.

I just read this recently. But I'm confused. Does this apply only to 32bit users (from what I understood so far)? If so, what about the 64bit users? I'd really like to try this, but I just want to make sure.

I'm confused too - perhaps I read the fix details wrong but it seems to suggest it's only for 32 bit systems...

Quote Originally Posted by tallon View Post
    I'm confused too - perhaps I read the fix details wrong but it seems to suggest it's only for 32 bit systems...
    Same. What do we do if we have a 64 bit system? My game gets to the loading screen then CTD.

Senatorix's Avatar Libertus

Hi all, I do not know where I write. I need your advice, I purchased the original game Empire TW, via Steam. I took the game also because the Czech language. But it happened that, especially names in the game, although Czech, but subtitles are in Spanish. I was desperate because I tried everything, change the language, uninstall, but nothing helps. In doing so, there have only DLC and the game itself. You do not know me advice on this? Anything else, I can not fully edit graphic, just when you open the game - graphics, so the left side of your options - I was just getting to the middle options, it will not let me continue.