Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Cross & Rise of the Crescent (FCRC) - General Discussion (until release FCRC 1.0)

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: Fall of the Cross & Rise of the Crescent (possible new campaign)

Sorry, Bull, have removed your post-text, because it will confuse only more /DV
    Sure /Bull
    Last edited by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze; April 08, 2009 at 07:25 AM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I think we will have a new approach. See my former post though, especially the last lines.

However, i guess it will help a lot if we realise a certain working-devision:

- Necro is doing the map changes
    - Bull is doing the testing/balancing
    - Somebody (?) needs to do the researchment for the family tree characters (for the later changes in descr_strat (ds) of the new family characters). If the research-result is there, i can do the needed changes in ds quite quick, means i provide the new family tree code for this campaign.

- I'll provide the new camp file structure, means: the new campaign folder and text folder changes,
    when Necro has delivered the first map file changes as basement for the new camp folder.

- When i have delivered the new working camp folder (what is a quick job for me) you can go ahead with your changes/testing.

@ Necro, just please attach (or a link) the map file changes, then i can provide the file/folder changes.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 07, 2009 at 11:25 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

sounds good to me....

Patrician Artifex

I have just prepared the file/folder structure - it's working.

I need now only the by Necro as of yet changed map files of the camp folder.

Then i'll deliver quick the new provincial campaign: the additional files/changes, as your new playground.

Edit:

I'll also provide the event-message changes for this campaign, as first rough approach.

Edit2:

Any volunteers for the family tree researchment? See first post.

Edit3: @ Necro and Bull

I think we should make the following for the first approach, situation: camp start date 1191

Near-East/Levante
    - Tripoli: Owned by the Franks (France) ... needed to keep the interest of the French AI
    - Acre: Owned by the Norman-English (England) ... plus a stack with Richard's English and stack with Philipp's Frankish army.
    - Cypros: Owned by the Norman-English (England)
    - Antiochia: Owned by Norman-Sicily faction
    - Jerusalem: Owned by the United Caliphate Under Seljuk Rule (Ex Grand Seljuks), plus of course the other regions around, as discussed, Damascus as capital (Fatimid Egypt is only a little realm: one or max two regions in the south of the Egyptian realms)
    - To reflect Friedrich Barbarossa's death (1190) at the start of the camp, i'll add him to the camp script as dying character. A stack of an East-Frankish army could be put into Asia Minor, they will go back to Germany (if AI steered). Another little troop of East-Franks could be put into Acre, too. Probable will also go back (if AI), but can function as initial allied troops.

Rest map
    Of course here we need to provide the historical situation, not anal accurate, but quite historical okay.
    The change here is a longer job, i guess. First we should clear the new Levante situation.

[Additional info: We will need to change unit ownerships. Grand Seljuks (thrace) will be able to recruit the Egyptian units. This is then valid for all 3 campaigns. This change will be done by me later].
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 07, 2009 at 01:37 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

It's Ok, I'm so sorry because I did exactly this for Melitene and did not remember (I've no net connection, so very few time to look to official guides and erased those I downloaded).

It should work perfectly now just wait

Patrician Artifex

Alright, please proceed along post 22 and 24.
    Actually i've prepared everything, i need only the changed map files.

Ok, I've just proceeded to 3 addicts i though interessants (and the ressource needed) :

Dorylee in West-central anatolia, in order to give Rum Seldjuk more power against byzantium

Bassorah, could be interesting if mongols added

Mansourah, in order to protect Kairo

Acre off course

The general Idea is if we reinforce Syria, we should also a little reinforce the muslims because a human player take a greater advantage of only one little supplement city than the IA.

I have just one little problem : i cannot place exactly the city where I would like to, because the coordinates are not the same in the game and in Photoshop/Corel/GIMP (the last one I used)
    And without knowing why, When I tried to launch, I get "could not create a settlement" in descr_strat ... strange.

Eventually, could I send you my region.tga file ?
    Last edited by necroproject; April 08, 2009 at 08:23 AM.

bingo, that's the problem I, too, have (and it's AI, I understand why you put IA though )

Ok, so just try to find a solution to that problem and then I will send you my work.

I hope nobody will shame me for have added Dorylee (Anatolia), Mansourah (Egypt) and Bassorah (Irak) as only 1 add directly for christians : Acre. but, the biggest advantage given by Acre is for christians to have (with Chypre) a city well protected by to other and as a consequence, i think, rarely nor never assieged by muslim forces.

But I thought I was obliged to add one city to Egypt and another one to Irak in order to not make Syria a superpower, considering the small size of this area. Same with anatolia (and historically, there the main fight beetween byzantines and muslims was for this area beetween the coast (Smyrne) and the plateau (Ankara, Iconium).

Patrician Artifex

Well, however your map changes will be tested for this FCRC campaign of course (we won't touch the two other official campaigns though - if you wish to realise those map changes also for the current ChivTW 1.0 design, then it is your personal map mod, and could be offered as well as separate submod by you, of course).

If the Acre settlement position seems to make issues, then just push it to a nearby position, anyway a few settlements aren't 100% accurate positioned, so it doesn't matter if Acre is as well not 100% accurate set on the map. (And, i can imagine that it makes issues if you have not enough land pixels around the settlement, perhaps increase it a little ... but is only a rough assumption).
    -> Please try this first, and then tell us if the problem still remains.
    Then, however you can attach (or a link) the regions.tga file, and i'll look into it.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 08, 2009 at 01:12 PM.

... if I had known that, we would be finished a LOT faster!!

Okm but it is not Acre nor Dorylee but Mansourah which makes pb. I've tried to change the city place about a dozen times without success...I do not know if Bassorah will be another problem...

I'll try to give you a link to my tga file, but later.

Patrician Artifex

Well, however, if those settlements/regions make anger, then let them out. I guess you get "invalid tile" messages (position on mountain, river, sea/lake)?

I think we can live also without them - i really have no time to go into detail investigations for the map files.

Best is, you provide a first working map, and then it is a good base for now.

I pack then the needed provincial camp files and then i pm you with the dl-link - afterwards you can anyway test/check/investigate any settlement/region/border changes and improvements etc., but then just within a new campaign structure.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 09, 2009 at 08:56 AM.

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

If there is anything I can do to help, then I will, but keep in mind that I have 0 modding experience (except for the time I added Elves as mercs in FATW). Id be willing to learn, though.

Formerly Vuvuzela

If you wanna help us, welcome

About a little modding :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by USC_Trojans View Post
    If there is anything I can do to help, then I will, but keep in mind that I have 0 modding experience (except for the time I added Elves as mercs in FATW). Id be willing to learn, though.
    We need researchment of the family tree's for the startdate 1191 for every faction (minimum: faction leader and heir, wife, and other sons and daughters, birthday if available, of these characters is needed).
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 10, 2009 at 09:31 AM.

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    We need researchment of the family tree's for the startdate 1191 for every faction (minimum: faction leader and heir, wife, and other sons and daughters, birthday if available, of these characters is needed).
    Are any factions being changed? Obviously not any majors, but any minor ones?

Formerly Vuvuzela

Patrician Artifex

Only along what you can read in the posts above.

For now:
    - Grand Seljuks is the United Caliphate (under Seljuk Rule), respectively Salah Ad Din as leader.
    - Fatmids are only a very minor rest state, as they were just driven away by the muslim foes (now under Salah Ad Din).
    - Antiochia: is under Norman-Sicily faction ingame, but here you should look for the actual ruler, who governed Antiochia at this time.
    - Moors and Zirid-Berbers: Research for the actual rulers and faction names at this time.
    ... but in principle, we have no real faction changes.

Patrician Artifex

@ Bull and necroproject

Please prepare the following, before you install the upcoming FCRC alpha, which i'll send you soon: I hope you have still enough hd space ...

a. Install ChivTW 1.0 once again into a separate RTW folder, means, you need to have another RTW directory free of a chivalry folder, or see c.

b. The reason is, that the FCRC alpha version comes with a few data files, that aren't saved game compatible (traits and ancs), because the descr_strat basement is the CE campaign of the 1.1 patch with some changed starting ancs and traits and characters.

c. You can also choose to overwrite your current 1.0 version, but then you can't play a saved game anymore properly!

Note: Point a. is helpful anyway, if you wanna have FCRC separate from the still official Chivalry game. While i think, in the end, we will have FCRC in the planned ChivTW Gold version as bonus campaign

already done that (remember that you told me to back up a chiv version for modding?)