Thread: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Default Re: The Great Conflicts main discussion thread. Please post here!

Quote Originally Posted by Begeta View Post
    You can download the alpha version?
    We would all love to test it. But thats not going to happen mate.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

To avoid misunderstandings.
    TGC mod will have the following stages:
    Alpha stage that will contain 80% of the mod's primary material (we are close to 70%).
    Close BETA stage.
    That stage will contain 90% of the primary material and will help us make a public release that will have the minimum possible bugs.
    When that time will come we will "invide" 20 players to test one faction each.
    Their observations will lead us to our 1st release that will be TGC 0.9
    The name 0.9 will be because as 1.0 we wished to have also unique battle map settlements for every culture. By the release we hope that we will recieve help in this matter as well.
    The public release will have -from scratch- the basis for future expansions such minor campaigns and historical battles. Also the fact that we will still have 5-6 available faction slots in the main game
    will allow us to add more emerged Dynasties or factions (see Fatimids example). Our models and faction rosters will be made the way that will help future sub modders create focused campaigns without changing much the warriors apearence.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thank you for giving all that info AnthoniusII.

I hope one day we see map little more stretched to east. So that we can include factions like khazars, armenia, and abbasids being presented with more territories. Or south, to include Nubian faction...or go little more north for poland. I honestly would love map to look something like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Or like this, to portrey umayads and kingdoms of iberian peninsula.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

However, thats just me... Way too much work.

Anyway, i have one question. Will dynasties on similar teritories have different unique units? For example will fatimid roster be different from Aghlabid? Will Kalbids have some unique units?

I have said it before...Espesialy Islamic rosters have the following parts:
    Common (like the Arab origin troops)
    That common parts may include all kind of units , from the poorest to the richest depending on their historical background.
    Unique (like some pallace guards)
    AOR
    Slave/mercenary troops.

Some examples:
    Tulunids and Abbasids have former Turkic origin mercenaries (Ghulams) as their uprissing military ellite class (nobles).
    They both will have "royal" Ghulams too but Abbasids will have some other unique pallace guards.
    Aghlabids instead of Ghulams will have a comilation of ellite Berber and Arabic ellite class and palllace guards.
    Depending of the area each dynasty will control AOR troops may be Armenian nobles or border guards, Beduin tribal warriors or Berber ones.
    Slave markets will give access to humble but cheap slave soldiers but more advanced slave camps will give access to better armed slaves.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    To avoid misunderstandings.
    TGC mod will have the following stages:
    Alpha stage that will contain 80% of the mod's primary material (we are close to 70%).
    Close BETA stage.
    That stage will contain 90% of the primary material and will help us make a public release that will have the minimum possible bugs.
    When that time will come we will "invide" 20 players to test one faction each.
    Their observations will lead us to our 1st release that will be TGC 0.9
    The name 0.9 will be because as 1.0 we wished to have also unique battle map settlements for every culture. By the release we hope that we will recieve help in this matter as well.
    The public release will have -from scratch- the basis for future expansions such minor campaigns and historical battles. Also the fact that we will still have 5-6 available faction slots in the main game
    will allow us to add more emerged Dynasties or factions (see Fatimids example). Our models and faction rosters will be made the way that will help future sub modders create focused campaigns without changing much the warriors apearence.
    Which in September this year will have to download the address?

Quote Originally Posted by ntjfy View Post
    Which in September this year will have to download the address?
    Not gonna happen. Maybe next year imo. Best not to frustrate them with question like that.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

When ever testing is needed I will certainly volunteer. Though no pressure, its awesome what all you do already!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    When ever testing is needed I will certainly volunteer. Though no pressure, its awesome what all you do already!

you, as longtimefollower will properbly know alot of the details need to look for

Hurray!

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    you, as longtimefollower will properbly know alot of the details need to look for
    What about long time followers who suck at MTW 2 ?

this tests are not meant as fun or pre-access to the game.
    it´s an important part of the development and crucial for a solid release. reason behind is 4 eyes see more than 2 + you can only develope in sight of your knowledge (look at legend let´s play - any of us, didn´t think about abusing crusades like this at the beginning of the game...)

Hi. i've been checking campaing map lately . I think delta nile valey have too few regions(3 i noticed).

40oC heat inside my PC room and entire house make work with pc a nightmare and hard for my old "chap".
    We hope more "humain" temperatures will be in the following days and i will show some more progress.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Hi. i've been checking campaing map lately . I think delta nile valey have too few regions(3 i noticed).
    you´re correct in this, but tgc´s map is at maximum and we´ve need to ballance things out.
    we´ve lately switched a region from an agaean island to modern day israel. (you can find the new province in miguels scriptpreview)

@AnthoniusII i feel you, my computer is shuting down all time due to heat...
    @Tartaros I understand, and I am glad to hear that Israel got one more region.

didnt know temperatures could be so high in greece, Anthonius does thessaloniki have considerable temperature variation across the city? becasuse google tells me is at 31 °C but i know that average temperatures for some places in the planet can be almost useless.

t is super hot here in dalmatia to,heat wawe got us all u need a clima so jour comp could work normal

Im in Serbia. Here temperature today is 39...

And i thought such temperatures only happened near the persian gulf, india and desert enviroments, is this normal for balkan countries? or has climate change arrived in force? I live in a tropical country (Colombia) and such temperatures are only seen in our deserts and driests places.

I live in Ohio (Central Eastern U.S.) and it was 33 two days ago.