Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How-to: Spawn an army (spawn_army command: a closer look)

Default Re: How-to: Spawn an army (spawn_army command: a closer look)

Yo house of Ham, you seem like quite the legend in the area of scripting armies. I'm trying to convince some of the RTR team to script a Spartacan revolt or a Caesarian civil war but they've gotten distracted and haven't posted anything on my most recent post, here. It's number 6. If anything in there's not possible tell me I don't mind, I would just like some sort of feedback on it. Sorry to sound so desperate I just get really impatient when I ask a question or post something on the forums that wasn't in the first post and people just sail past it. Many thanks.

HouseOfHam's Avatar Primicerius

I don't see anything that seems outright impossible in the first part of your post, though getting all of that to work would take quite a bit of effort.

About part 2: There are no free faction slots left in RTRVII to use for roman rebels.

My suggestion to you would be to break up your post into bullet points, so they are easier to follow. Most people's attention span doesn't last past a few sentences and reading 2 long paragraphs like that is... well, boring... Keep it short and simple, with the minimum of detail.

In any case, the RTR team must first concentrate on the tasks they have already planned and set priorities for, before taking on any additional requirements. It would be unreasonable to expect them to drop everything to work on your suggestion. At most, you can hope that they take notice and like it enough to put it on their to-do list, and hopefully get to it before release.

ps: Since I've stepped back from the developer role, the RTR team doesn't have a dedicated full-time scripter. PatrianS has taken over scripting duties, but he hasn't done scripting before, plus he has many other duties. More recently, BulletProof has joined the team and he's done scripting for other mods before, so maybe things will move faster with his assistance.
    RTR website/SVN admin

- Settlement coordinate locator -for RTW/M2TW
    - EDB Validator v1.2.8 (Oct 16, 2012) - for RTW/M2TW
    - RTW scripting tutorials
    - n-turns per year script generator

Cheers for that, I can now focus on more important things like sleeping and A levels. I'll give scripting a go when my time clears up a bit more and I get bored of my current campaign and see if I can work on a scripting patch for the Spartacan revolt and maybe some others, let you know how it goes and maybe hand it over to the RTR team with the hope that they adapt it to VII and maybe put as a patch/update (showing up my lack of techknowledge there) for 6.0. Still a bit of a pipe dream atm, but hey, got to start somewhere. Thanks again. =D

all this finds are awesome. just one noob question:

if is possible to spawn character (and if I good understand, spawn character could be adopted to family tree) why is impossible to spawn faction?

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye View Post
    all this finds are awesome. just one noob question:

if is possible to spawn character (and if I good understand, spawn character could be adopted to family tree) why is impossible to spawn faction?
    You can make a faction emergent (speak: spawn it). That is well possible. But If a factions Family Tree is destroyed, It canīt be resurrected - And the family will be destroyed if the faction is destroyed. The only exeption is, if you give a faction no family tree (like the slaves) - then it can re-emerge indefinitly.

Or do you mean a complete new faction? Then there would come the hardcoded limit of 20(+1) factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    You can make a faction emergent (speak: spawn it). That is well possible. But If a factions Family Tree is destroyed, It canīt be resurrected - And the family will be destroyed if the faction is destroyed. The only exeption is, if you give a faction no family tree (like the slaves) - then it can re-emerge indefinitly.
    great. and is possible to spawn this faction to any settlement (or scipted that this settlement garrison will change to new spawn faction)?
    I assume, there must be scripted turn/year when faction will spaxn. but is possible to script conditions for spawning faction (if some settlements are holded by some faction - the spawn faction will spawn)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Or do you mean a complete new faction? Then there would come the hardcoded limit of 20(+1) factions.
    I thought it is 19 + 1.

thanks for answer

great. and is possible to spawn this faction to any settlement (or scipted that this settlement garrison will change to new spawn faction)?
    I assume, there must be scripted turn/year when faction will spaxn. but is possible to script conditions for spawning faction (if some settlements are holded by some faction - the spawn faction will spawn)?
    You could use as condition:
    Code:
    If I_NumberOfSettlements Thrace <3 (if Thrace doesnīt have 3 settlements)
    If SettlementsTaken = 6 (How many settlements did the player capture?)
    IfI_SettlementOwner Segesta = Romans_Julii
    I thought it is 19 + 1.

thanks for answer
    It is 19 + 1, sorry. I sometimes canīt remember numbers well.
    Last edited by Primo; August 19, 2011 at 02:37 AM.

ok. and could I add any settlement to spawn faction? I mean the spawn faction will be not emergent, but it will holds any settlement from spawning. but what with garrison in this settlement?

ok. and could I add any settlement to spawn faction? I mean the spawn faction will be not emergent, but it will holds any settlement from spawning. but what with garrison in this settlement?
    Try it with:
    Code:
     console_command capture_settlement Segesta
    But It may be that then the player gets the city, regardless of the faction. I never used this command, so I donīt know.

so it is not possible to code revolt? example: faction will spawn as emergent in turn 50. in turn 51 will be coded revolt in Segesta (garrison will be kicked off town) and it become settlement of new spawned faction.

so it is not possible to code revolt? example: faction will spawn as emergent in turn 50. in turn 51 will be coded revolt in Segesta (garrison will be kicked off town) and it become settlement of new spawned faction.
    You can let the city revolt, to be slaves. Otherwise, I wouldnīt know what to do.
    Edit: Post 150!

Please keep this on topic. For help with emergent factions, see this wiki article: http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Hording...tions_-_RTW/BI
    RTR website/SVN admin

Great Tutorial

Alright i'm like a stone on water here. I've already followed your guide regarding XTPY script, wich btw works perfectly; however i'm finding myself unable to use your example here. First i tried pasting excatly what you wrote here below the script for XTPY and nothing happened, then i changed it before the XTPY script and my game crashed during the slave turn. So, how and where should i put the script?

- Do not try to spawn an army during the slave turn. It will cause a CTD.
    RTR website/SVN admin

But i'm not trying to spawn it durin the AI turn, your example is set to spawn on the payer's turn right? that's the one i'm using

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Oz View Post
    But i'm not trying to spawn it durin the AI turn, your example is set to spawn on the payer's turn right? that's the one i'm using
    could be that the generic generals name you use is not a valid name from names.txt for that faction...althouh you do not spawn a named character with the army the generals name has to be valid one...if not that causes a crash in slave turn so does every single typo in the units lines, a missed space or other errors...so there is huge potential for failure

as for spawning armys during AI turn..it doesnt really matter...only spawning during AI slave turn will go ctd..spawning armys for other factions or during other factions turn is ok
    Last edited by chris10; January 28, 2012 at 07:57 AM.

I have discovered an working interesting command for a spawn army in a texting ( I didnīt read similar thing can work).
    It is possible a spawn army if one kind of units in the game is less than a number. For instance:

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType romans_julii
    and not I_LocalFaction romans_julii
    and I_TurnNumber = 4
    and I_NumberOfUnits "roman hastati " <30

if I_SettlementOwner Carthago_Nova = romans_julii

console_command create_unit Carthago_Nova "roman hastati" 2

This can make a feed-back for to make an continuous roman invasion (every some turns) in relation with number of troops in the game, not number of provinces, etc...

No such thing.
    RTR website/SVN admin

is it possible to let an emergent faction emerge when a region has been taken over by certain faction? for example, when carthage has been taken by the romans could be possible to have "rebel carthaginians" to spawn right next to the city?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast