Thread: Known Issues version 1

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Known Issues version 1

Some custom maps place units in sea- killing all units - fixed in next patch
    Scottish Glen
    Spanish Plain
    Saharan Sands
    Carpathia
    Mayan Jungle
    Valley of Mexico
    Andalusia

Some empty rebel settlements- Not an issue, intentional

New World Bodyguard has 3 hp- Fixed in patch2 (yet to be released)

Double recuitment slots for Basilisk - Fixed in patch2 (yet to be released)

Freeze during AI turn on hotseat game - AI sometimes takes a long time to make choice, press enter and then spacebar during the AI turn if it seems to have froze, this seems to kickstart the AI into making a choice

delay before Naval battles - Known, never causes any crash, for the moment a case of wait 10 seconds and battle will commence, a little annoying, but not causing any stability issues

destroying papal faction causes CTD at next papal election- Under investigation

Caki - Add on
    Some people are experiencing lags when they have some Romuli units on screen (in battle off course), so it is probably the case of some units being high poly and this is the list of those units:

Legion Auxilia - normal poly
    Legionarii - normal poly
    Legio Caesaris - very high poly
    Praetoriani - very high poly
    Legionarii Arcebusarii - very high poly
    Caesarian Archers - very high poly
    Equites Clibinarii - very high poly
    Equites Sagitarii - very high poly
    Equites Auxilia - very high poly
    Equites Praetoriani - very high poly
    Cataphractarii- very high poly
    Equites Lanciarii - very high poly
    General's Bodyguard - very high poly
    Ceasaris Bodyguard - very high poly
    The Romuli captain and general are also very high poly
    In ver2 the spatan hoplitese will be very high poly and some more new units (I'll post that after the ver2 is released)

If you experience lags, try turning down the detail level on vegatation or other none unit details, this may help offset the high poly count on the units
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; January 20, 2009 at 03:57 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Known Issues

you should put an alternative download site because the filefront one cuts you off for some reason.

around 1200 people have managed to download it, I know during busy times filefront can be a little hit and miss, but that tends to be the case with most upload sites

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

after the 15th time i got it to work

you know what they say about good things and people that wait

hey tried to download this mod, it looks pretty good, but it syas itll take 9 hours to download:hmmm: so i did and it got halfway through and then it froze, saying that the download timed out, is this a prob with the mod, the website, or my comp?? thanks

-Aquila-'s Avatar Campidoctor

it didn't take me 9 hours to download, its probally the websites connection with your pc. What time were you trying to download, try an off peak time.

YATS - Quintus Licinius Cato [31], Plebeian Senator

Icon13 Re: Known Issues

Hey, want to start out on a positive. Great looking mod, I love the town named after Machiavelli, and I can't wait for the uruk nation.

Unfortunately, I'm having a slight problem. I was playing as the chichimec nation (can't remember the name right now) and experiencing some lag, so I went to turn down the unit detail. Nothing happened. Sadly, my computer isn't the fastest so I kind of need that to work or else I get a bit of lag. Now, I don't know if this is mod related, or kingdoms related, or if its just my computer, but I figured I'd give you a heads up and see if you had any advice.

It could be a sprite issue, the sprites from the america campaigns were deleted during the file trimming, this has been corrected for version 2, depending on your knowledge levels, you can copy the sprites folder from your americas/data folder into your thera folder and you should see some improvement.

It was missed, up until a few days agoa, as Ive never expereinced any lag with it, but it has been reported by jingle_bombs,

but many thanks for head up.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; January 18, 2009 at 03:00 PM.

sadly, I'm not quite tech savvy enough for that. I'll just play a gaelic campaign and wait for 2 to start a NA campaign. Thanks for the quick response btw.

Heh well I guess that answers my question about the Romuli =/ but turning down my settings doesn't really affect anything? Also, even with lower poly factions I've got the graphics turned lower than I normally play and still get worse performance - Is this normal or could I have installed something wrong? Would the patch fix that? Because I'm not sure if this is made for 1.4 or 1.5. And changing to settings for Romuli doesn't affect the units details either =/ no matter how low I put the details for them, they still look all the way turned up.
    EDIT - The Romuli do play just fine as long as you stay far away enough so they're not rendered =] I can totally deal with that.
    Meh either way, this is an amazing mod, glad to have found it =] looks like I'll get version 2 as soon as I see it out.
    Last edited by J-Plague; March 12, 2009 at 07:57 AM.