Page 90 of 132 FirstFirst ... 40658081828384858687888990919293949596979899100115 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2640

Thread: Geomod Tool for Mapping

Default Re: Geomod Tool for Mapping

thanks for the help gigantus now i can work without bothering you so much

hey gigantus now that i know what the problem is where can i find where exacly is the problem? i tried checking the log in the geomod folder but its dated back 15 days ago and when i check the geomod log in the folders i am changing there is nothing written. how am i suppose to find a problem that is not in the log or the debugger?
    Last edited by Toho; March 18, 2011 at 08:30 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The problem will be in the descr_strat file, caused by some error in map_region. Your other problem will most likely be that this freeze has messed up the descr_strat file completely - hence my suggestion to start again with your latest back up.

i will but is there anyway to find out what i did wrong? because this is really frustrating, i keep making changes and then one little mistake and i have to start all over. and the thing is i dont even know what the mistake is. il go look at your manual again because all these set backs are getting annoying.

Blog Entries

My guess is written in post #1779 - anything else would need more (time consuming) investigating.

i have a "fatal error in geomod for ETC the only one that makes geomod crash:

Error, Geomod v0.6.18 2011-03-13 16:13:54

Unknown faction or culture '' detected in the EDU at line 164!

the line 164 is that one:
    ownership all,
    i think its because of the all, but i saw in SS in the same file all, and i can open geomod with this one...
    so any idea wat it is ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the updated manual
    Unknown faction or culture detected in the EDU at line xyz
    Check the line for formatting errors, most common is a trailing comma
    Refer to the updated manual for more error solving.

forget...
    too many errores that never are fixed when i fix something the next file says me that my fix was wrong...
    i knowed that would be difficult...
    i will make a tread in the mod forum and ask for the correct (fixed) files for this mod (ETC,1547 campaign), because this mod was not designed with geomod so i couldn´t make all the files to work with geomod...
    thanks anyway

hey gigantus, i finally managed to figure out the problem, some regions didnt have a rebel specification, and thats what was causing the crashes. i have another problem though, i changed some eras that belong to a factions and everything went smoothly in geomod however as soon as i try to test it out in game it crashes. whats interesting about this crash is that all factions including some of them i changed had no problem but the moors(the faction i have trouble with) as soon as i click their icon on the faction selection screen it crashes.
    i personally think its because of the victory conditions, i think i removed a region that was require for the victory condition, where do i go to delete this? because when i went to the victory conditions on geomod it said "Oran_province is missing or something so it will be removed or ignored" i don't think it was removed )even though its not on the list) i think it is bieng ignored, where should i go to delete this province from the victory conditions?
    Last edited by Toho; March 19, 2011 at 05:05 AM.

Blog Entries

They will have a region in their winning conditions (descr_win_conditions) that does not exist anymore. Unfortunately Geomod does not remove regions form this file (yet) when you delete them normally.

hey gigantus i have another delimma, you see SS 6.4 has 2 eras and what the diffrence between these 2 eras(early and late) is that:
    there are 2 new factions
    previous factions now have more starting territories
    the starting year has increased by 100

what i want to know am i suppose to bring my new map that is designed in the early era to the late era, basically i want to be able to get the new map in the late era without making it crash so i can use geomod to make the necessary changes.

also do you mind telling me where in geo mod does it say how many regions i have in total so i don't pass the 200 limit?

thank you

Blog Entries

early moving to late: check which files are present in the custom folder for the late area and replace them with the files from the early area. Don't forget to delete map.rwm

200 regions: I believe Geomod has got that check inbuilt.
    It seems that the maximum number of 199 regions was exceeded!!

hey gigantus i just wanted to thank you for all your help. you are really great.
    i just finished editing all that i needed to do but i have little problem, each time i try to start the campaign with any faction i get send back to the main menu, here is the log.
    i am afraid i can not go back to the previous save, i think the error crash is being caused by the last 2 lines and i really don't know how to fix them.
    Last edited by Toho; March 20, 2011 at 09:25 AM.

Blog Entries

10:20:29.865 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.4/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 4131, column 5
    Settlement specifies port, but this region is not allowed a port - can be ignored,but port building will not be created for settlement!
    A. Check in the descr_strat which region this is (will be needed for error fixing)

B. You have specified a port building in descr_strat but there is no valid port in map_regions. Two possible reasons for the error:

1. There simply is no pixel for a port in that region
    2. The pixel of the port has no connection with a landmass (or no sea)

C. The first problem is easily solved, the second is a bit more involving. Check this chapter "Tool Features – Options-Selection Color" in the manual (page 12) on how to set the selection color - use yellow.
    D. Select the problematic region and switch to 'main maps - heights' - you should now have a yellow outline of the region over the heights. Adjust the regional border to the outline of the heights.
    E. Place\move your port pixel like a normally would.

woot! i have fixed it the only thing left for me to do is changing the unit garrisons, building stats,rebel distribution and a little economy twinking.
    i also seem to be having one small wierd bug in my campaign mini-map when i load it up
    here check out this photo, there is a small "error" written on the left column of the minimap and a small vertical strip of the minimap does not appear.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I got the same problem too. Having trouble fitting the radar map to the mini map box. The text looks like it is written on radar_map background tga though. Could be wrong.

Did you change the scale of your map or the radar maps at all? It looks like your editing a mod so what did the map look like before you started editing the map with geomod?

i didnt resize anything i i just put a rebel army inside an empty rebel city and i got an error at 99%(while saving). i then tried running the game and it worked just fine except this fiasco i just mentioned. i then re ran geomod to fix the army but it has disappeared and the city garrison was empty, when i tried saving again to see if i would get another 99% error, i didn't, everything ran smoothly.
    im really confused about this one. i think its the column art that has disappeared, its not actually the size that has changed but the "error" column is overlapping the minimap, i believe if we can fix that little left side column then everything should be fixed. if the size was changed i would not have been able to move my camera beyond Dublin.

Edit: oh and it appear all of my rebel garrisons have all disappeared.
    Edit2: i am also unable to make core buildings for settlements, lets say i put the population at 1700, i then go to buildings and select core_buildings, and the only choice i have is a building called "hansen" this is very odd considering other towns have "core_building wooden palestile(or wtv)"
    i checked your Gigantus Manual and it does not speak of this problem

thanks a million
    Last edited by Toho; March 20, 2011 at 04:41 PM.

Blog Entries

vertical strip - that is the radarmap restriction from 'vanilla' before you can discover the americas. Add the following to your script in the line below where it says script:
    Code:
        restrict_strat_radar false
    rebel garrisons - you need to create the rebel army first as a regular army and set it on the map and validate. Afterward you change it into a rebel army. It is a (not so well known) bug.

core_buildings - that will be caused by your EDB, nothing to do with Geomod

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    vertical strip - that is the radarmap restriction from 'vanilla' before you can discover the americas. Add the following to your script in the line below where it says script:
    Code:
        restrict_strat_radar false
    rebel garrisons - you need to create the rebel army first as a regular army and set it on the map and validate. Afterward you change it into a rebel army. It is a (not so well known) bug.

core_buildings - that will be caused by your EDB, nothing to do with Geomod
    1) which script file are you talking about? descr_strat?

2) roger, i can do that.

3) how do i fix this problem?

i also seem to be having another issue it seems there is a lot of character traits missing, just look at error log i posted earlier, is there anyway to fix those too?

thank you

Blog Entries

1. imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt
    2. Glad to hear
    3. You will have to know how to add\modify buildings in the EDB

A. Character_traits errors - You will have to know how to add\modify traits in the export_descr_character_traits file

hm... well thats wierd, restrict_strat_radar false is already there, here check it out

Edit: hey Gigantus this might be a little off-topic but do you know where i can read about how to make something like this?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

thanks a lot
    Last edited by Toho; March 21, 2011 at 02:46 PM.