Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sins and Blessings of the Land (concluded)

Default The Sins and Blessings of the Land (concluded)

Curse of the land - sins and blessings

All has been quiet on earths surface for a billion years, the ground is covered in lush emerald vegatation, rocks scatter the surface of the fertile quarries, with forests all around, with plentiful waterfuls and flowers massing on the lands, awe-aspiring mountains that glistens in the paradise sun can be seen from another planet, the sea is cobalt blue, with hint of white and magic, with pebbles lining the rims of the surf, strong yet young oak trees swerve and delight in the fast warm sweet-scented wind, but this was when Earth was at peace, this was when nature could live undisturbed, untouched, in the essences of tranquility, yet there was always an oddity, a mystery beyond nature, a vile putrid disease that would fill the land, destroy it, with filth and impurities, this growth, disease, curse
    was the human.

From the tallest hill in the land lies the tallest grandest most beautiful tree, with maroon engravements like jagged jewels, the texture and feel of silk, yet the look of a trustworthy trunk, but within it, a rotting core that eventually burst open with remanants of toxins
    gushing out and plaguing the once peaceful nature. Life, real life had been detected, a white limping beast, covered in a thick slimy layer with vicious crimson eyes.....the evil was let out, the death of the planet had already begun....

That day the wind stopped, the flowers died, the trees rotted, the sea dried up, the huge rocks crushed and shattered into microscopic pieces and the surface turned into a wasteland

the year is now 777777

This has happened again, but with the difference that humanity was to blame this time, they set foot onto the earth, only to plight it back to the first phases of evolution, as if the beginning of life was just an unheard warning....

....when life is in its last stages, lust and chastity
    is unvaled through the reminder of shallow waters, gluttony and temperence is activated from surfacing soil deposits, greed and charity is dropped from low lieing clouds, sloth and diligence is forced out of decayed plant-life, wrath and patience is found alive in cave like under-dwellings, Envy and kindness
    erupts from whats left of the debris, the debris of destruction, and pride and humility slithers out from the roots of dead trees.

and so war breaks out

14 players! 7 sinners and 7 blessers!

the balance of good and bad will likely give this game a nice twist, but dont worry, just because 7 are mafia type characters, not many will be able to kill, the 7 'townie' characters will have advantages too...
    please play this, i realise the mafia here isnt too active, im all to happy to start it back up, if you dont no how to play please ask! i believe it will
    be enjoyable, sign up if you will!!! also i have had internet problems, so if im inactive for a while dont worry, i would NEVER abandon this game.

RULES!
    - YOU CAN DISCUSS OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD, AND QUOTE PM'S, YOU CAN FAKE PM'S TO, QUOTE ALL YOU LIKE! BUT THERES NO WAY OF KNOWING IF YOUR TELLING THE TRUTH
    - THE DEAD CAN POST IN THE THREAD, BUT THEY CANT QUOTE PM'S, RECIEVE PM'S ABOUT THE GAME OR REVEAL ANY SECRET PART OF IT IN ANY WAY
    - IF THERE IS A GAME ASPECT THAT YOU WERENT EXPECTING AND IS NOT ALLOWED, I WILL POINT IT OUT, IF I DONT, THEN YOU NO THIS THING IS ALLOWABLE
    - 36 HOUR DAY, 36 HOUR NIGHT, BUT IF ALLOWED WITH MODERATERS, EXTENSIONS MAY BE APPLICABLE IF THERE ARE STILL A FEW VOTES/ACTIONS TO TAKE IN
    - UNLESS I HAVE SPECIFIED OTHERWISE, YOU MUST VOTE, YOU CANT ABSTAIN UNLESS YOU'VE BEEN TOLD YOU CAN PERSONALLY, VOTES IN ADVANCE ARE ALLOWED IF YOU
    CANT MAKE THE 36 HOUR DEADLINE, ACTIONS CAN BE MADE IN ADVANCE IF NEED BE ASWELL
    - NO ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS, YOU CANT USE SCREENSHOTS OF ANYTHING BUT A QUOTE
    - BOLD YOUR VOTE, IF YOU DONT VOTE, BRING ONE FORWARD IN ADVANCE OR JUST HAVE A COMPLETE LACK OF ACTIVITY, I MAY CONSIDER FINDING A REPLACEMENT FOR
    YOUR CHARACTER, UNLESS YOUR INACTIVITY IS STATED IN ADVANCE SO IM AWARE
    - ALL CHARACTER HAVE AT LEAST A SMALL ADVANTAGE, YOUR ALL ENCOURAGED TO GET INVOLVED! THERE WILL BE A FEW HINTS IN THE
    WRITE UPS AS WE PROGRESS, THERE ARE CLASSIC ROLES AND NEW ONES TO MAKE THIS UNIQUE
    -14 ROLES, BUT THE GAME MUST HAVE AT LEAST 10 TO START, OTHERWISE IT WILL HAVE TO WAIT!
    -NO DOUBLE LYNCHS, ONLY ONE LYNCH PER ROUND, IF THERE IS A DRAW IN A ROUND YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR VOTES AND I KNOW WHY!
    - YOU MUST HAVE FUN! IF YOU DONT ENJOY THE MAFIA GAME THEN I MAY HAVE TO BE UPSET WITH YOU
    -WHILE YOU CAN QUOTE YOU CANT QUOTE THE ROLE PM'S OR ANYTHING I SEND YOU PRIVATELY, THAT IS FORBIDDEN
    -ANY OTHER MAFIA GAMES RULES APPLY, IF THERES A RULE I MAY OF MISSED, TELL ME AND ILL SHEAD LIGHT ON IT

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=198438

theres a link to help those new to mafia! with infomation, believe me, its not as differcult as it may/or may not sound!

FULL, NO SLOTS LEFT, THOUGH A RESERVE COULDNT HARM....!
    14/14
    molonthegreat
    Jubal_Barca
    PowerWizard
    eddy_purpus
    scottishranger
    Xavier Dragnesi
    Cfmonkey45
    Skooma Addict
    Elzabar
    Mr. Cursed
    Noremac
    Count Froody
    Confederate Jeb
    justplayon
    Last edited by Thermal; October 20, 2008 at 11:15 AM.

Default Re: The Sins and Blessings of the Land

I'm in.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

/in.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Reporting for duty, Sir.

Note: The OP needs to be cleared up a bit, it's a little bit messy.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    Reporting for duty, Sir.

Note: The OP needs to be cleared up a bit, it's a little bit messy.
    I probably should no but i dont....what does OP stand for? :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by zombie smuggler View Post
    I probably should no but i dont....what does OP stand for? :hmmm:
    original post = first post

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

zs, you now have full moderator rights for this mafia subforum.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca View Post
    zs, you now have full moderator rights for this mafia subforum.
    yes! thank you! thank you!

i've had an idea to get some more interest for this too, is it possible to post an announcement for it, might bring in some interest, though i know some moderators wouldn't think mafia games are particularly important enough for that, what do you think Jubal?
    Last edited by Thermal; October 17, 2008 at 12:55 PM.

this would be my first mafia game , so0o0o0o...
    IM IN !!

Ill play

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Looks interesting. Count me in!

Silence! I kill ya!

edit: I can edit my post.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; October 17, 2008 at 11:13 PM.

cfmonkey45's Avatar Praeses

I'm in

I've been waiting for a game of mafia for a while.

Skooma Addict's Avatar Campidoctor

Skooma is in!

Cursed will participate!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Indefinitely Banned
    You don't know me mutha :wub:a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to join!

Count me in.
    "He is suffering from Politician's Logic: 'Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do it.'"
    - Yes, Prime Minister

I'll play again.

RIGHT! thanks for all your sign-ups, ill do a check list to make sure everyones here! while im sending pms saying this is starting soon, ill sort out role pms and look 4 a final player!

ideally i need one more person, once one is found we can start, however ill start giving role pm's out now, all calculations through out the game will be un biased and likely use random.org, so you no im judging things fairly if anyone knows of someone who would be interested, there welcome to join! one more player needed!
    Last edited by Thermal; October 19, 2008 at 10:41 AM.

the game has officially started!
    the game will start with a day phase! let the discussion and accusations begin!
    start talking and finding clues, and if all else fails, just vote for some random person!

may the 36 hour day begin! (extendable to 48 hours if nessessary)

(also one player short, there actions will be controlled via random org until i get someone)

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast