Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Steam Helpdesk] Chivalry II : Steam user, please read here

Default Re: [Helpdesk] Chivalry II : Steam user, please read here

Insted of constantly have to override settings when changing mods I just use Kingdoms App Launcher .

Works perfectly with every mod that i've used. It's also harder to screw files up.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Default Re: [Steam Helpdesk] Chivalry II : Steam user, please read here

Not sure what went wrong; I installed 3.0 and 3.3 and the hotfix in the M2TW mods folder. I used "kingdoms launcher" to put the Sv in the mods folder for launching. Then I launched the game through the launcher and got to the intro. In all other mods this worked fine, but not with SV. It crashes to the desktop when I select the campaign.

Comments? Suggestions?

Consulo's Avatar Laurifer Invictus

It sounds like you're not using the actual Sicilian Vespers .exe? In it you have to select what campaign you're going to play. Then select the corresponding campaign in the game menu. It won't load the way Stainless Steel will when its in the games list from the Kingdoms Launcher mod menu.

EDIT: If you installed this Via steam I'm not sure if it acts in the same manner.
    Last edited by Consulo; September 15, 2012 at 06:56 PM.

Feel free to add me.

You will need the kingdoms launcher mod

I selected "R" from the CV shortcut and it automatically directed me to the launcher. I started CII-CV and the proper screen loaded up. I opened "Custom Campaign" and and selected the "Renaissance" campaign. I selected my faction and clicked on "start." It started loading normally, but then crashed to desktop.

Too bad. I really wanted to play this one. I have the older, RTW, version on my desktop. It looks like I'll have to stick with that, or Stainless Steal.

Consulo's Avatar Laurifer Invictus

Is your UAC off? I'm assuming it is, with your modding knowledge. Also run as administrator. Have you tried the other campaigns considering the Renaissance is a beta?

Feel free to add me.

I've tried the all, always run as administrator, still the same problem. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps.

Such shame. This is the only mod i'm having trouble with. Nothing seems to work. I'll guess I'll just have to wait for 4.0 and hope that that works.

I installed 3.0 and 3.3 and the hotfix in the M2TW mods folder.
    - This will install two campaign launcher shortcuts on your desktop, I always make sure that I select the 3.3 shortcut.
    - Try to start a different era and see if it works, that way you will know if its just a problem with the renaissance campaign.
    - Like Glorius Gandalf said, I would download and use the Kingdoms Launcher Mod
    - Have you tried my instructions from page 1? i.e. renaming Launcher.exe to Kingdoms etc.

I hope this helps, it was a pain for me to get it working at the start too but you will get there eventually and its worth the trouble.
    Last edited by sputnik; September 16, 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Luck is the residue of design ~ Milton

Well, I've tried every suggestion, but nothing seems to work. It's funny that this is the only mod I'm playing that I have problems with. Like I say earlier, I'll just wait until 4.0 comes out.

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

I'm having the same trouble as others think thers something up with the way it instals, all the files should go in the SicilianVespers fold right? but they dont there all over the place in the mods folder well not all but theres three SV related folders in the Medieval 2 Toal War>mods folder heres what there named *data *SicilianVespers *unistal and it gets more complicated once you instal the patch & hotfix, any idea whats going wrong? i have gotten into the game upto the faction selection screen and the loading screen b4 the the campaign map but it crashed to desktop before finishing loading, this seems to be where the fault is also I chose Dark Ages and it said 1311 in the select faction screen then 1401 on the loading screen thas definatly not right.
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

WarbornUK's Avatar Tiro

I really don't understand the set of instructions at the beginning. Can someone help, please?

*feels like a n00b*

I mean I thought it would be similar to the codes I use for EB (RTW) in the "Launch options" box.... for example ;

"-mod:eb -show_err"
    Last edited by WarbornUK; October 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: adding content

Tried using alot of the methods I found on this thread and still no luck
    Don't forget to rep me if you like something I did/ or not lol

See that green thingy under the Carroburg banner? click it!

Pwning as the Pope on VH/VH Savage AI SS 6.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430026

Well medieval II has changed on steam there is no longer a kingdoms.exe only a medieval2.exe with includes kngdoms as well. The method for getting it to work will need updating it can't be used

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Tried copying and renaming medieval2.exe to kingdoms.exe?

I've done this clean install three times and I keep getting the same issue.

1. I download M2/Kingdoms clean (through steam obviously).

2. I redownload all three SV's (3.0, 3.3, 3.3 hotfix) to my (C:/Program Files (x86)/SEGA/M2TW/Mods/SicilianVespers)

3. I copy the folder Sicilian Vespers. And I paste it in (C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/M2TW/mods)

Now, after I completed the 3rd step, I was able to launch SV from the Steam/SteamApps/common/M2TW folder, using the M2Launcher.exe. (without it being renamed Kingdoms, yet). I got into the game menu, on the era I selected (High Era).

I was ecstatic that I got in. I thought it was smooth sailing... Then, as I clicked to play the Crusader States (Cyprus, effectively), as soon as I attempted to launch, it seemed okay, the cursor spun, while it loaded. Then the game crashed to desktop.

Now, when I attempted to enter the game again, I get:

Failed to start game (missing executable)

I restarted steam, same issue. So, I effectively got into the game upon a fresh install/copy and paste into the correct folder, with the right launch properties, etc, but now I'm unable to get back in...

Why did it let me in in the first place, then as I went to load the game for a faction I picked, the game crashed and this happens? Seriously, this is very annoying :/

I also have a problem with get it running with Steam.

I have Windows 10 and M2TW is installed in D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War
    in same directory i have installed SV 3.0, SV 3.3 and hotfix

Game has only medieval2.exe (not launcher.exe and kingdoms.exe), so i copied medieval2.exe into kingdoms.exe which managed to run the game at least

When I run SV launcher i select era (D in my case), and then i run the game, select Custom campaign > darkage campaign. when i choose faction, game loads for a while and crashed to desktop.
    Now the strange thing is, because i managed to get it running once, and i played france. then i saved the game and exited, made no changes to the filesystem and when i tried to load my previously saved game it crashed (and i can't start new campaign either)

It is frustrating, since i once was able to play this mod and now i can't seem to get it working again.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by 15kol View Post
    When I run SV launcher i select era (D in my case), and then i run the game, select Custom campaign > darkage campaign. when i choose faction, game loads for a while and crashed to desktop.
    The same happens to me every time: I choose the faction, the loading screen appears, after a while the game crashes to desktop.

I've tried to run everything in the Win7 and WinXP_SP2 compatibility modes - in vain.

and...

I've finally found the problem. During installation there're files made "Read only". When removed this attribute, I've finally managed to run the mod.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 26, 2017 at 06:16 AM.

this Helpdesk does make no sense. there is no lancher file in M2TW

This Helpdesk is completely useless.
    I'm assuming when you wrote this:

"Cut the Launcher.exe icon and paste it into the new folder you created for future use"
    You were referring to "Launch_SicilianVespers.exe". I followed every part of the instructions, cutting and pasting the "Launch_SicilianVespers.exe, instead of any non-existent "Launcher.exe" file, which must've been a holdover from an earlier version of Med2 on Steam that existed back in 2008 but doesn't exist anymore.
    I renamed "kingdoms.exe" (which does actually exist in my Med 2 folder on Steam as of 2018, some people seem to think there isn't a kingdoms.exe anymore, only medieval2.exe)

The Command Prompt thingy that lets me select what campaign I want to play pops up after I go into my Backup folder and run the original launcher.
    Then apparently according to the instructions I have to click on my original Med2 icon in order to load Vespers?
    I did that, it loads the Vespers screen for 2 seconds, then crashes to the desktop.
    Tried renaming my medieval2.exe to Launch_SicilianVespers.exe instead of renaming my kingdoms.exe. Go through the same convoluted way of loading the game, still crashes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast