Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich - FAQ & Questions thread

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich - FAQ & Questions thread

Does anyone here use xfire? I ask this because I cant seem to get the in-game rendering to to work (I cant see IMs or take screenshots through xfire).

edit: its not a problem with the mod I was just wondering if anyone knew

Sorry, no experience with xfire.

I use fraps.

Cheers!

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Default what happened to dismounted imperial knights?

Just wondering what building you need to get to start fielding dismounted imperial knights. I cannot build heavy infantry as Austria after 1260 since dismounted feudal knights are no longer available.

Please post all queries and questions in this thread - DerDiskusWerfer
    Last edited by TWoxy; October 12, 2008 at 11:22 AM.

It's a small bug that Dismounted Feudal Knights are available. Both them and Dismounted Imperial Knights should not be available in dHRR at all.

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Will they be available in v0.7?

No. All types of dismounted knights will be removed from the game.

Visit my homepage.

Really? That's a deal breaker for me. Love the mod. Besides the lack of heavy infantry it is perfect. Is there a way to turn on the dismounted knights?

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

i plan to bring back heavy infantry in 0.8, probably in form of a man-at-arms unit. these guys represent the most heavy armed sergeants, very close in equipment to their knightly masters.

Can one of you guys point me towards some instructions on how to add units to the game then? I'd really like to play HRR with dismounted knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Arado View Post
    Can one of you guys point me towards some instructions on how to add units to the game then? I'd really like to play HRR with dismounted knights.
    If I recall correctly, dismounted Feudal Knights will be in v0.7. It would be best just to wait till then.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

nope, they wont. dismounted knights are out of the picture, completely.

Which file do I need to go to add the dismounted knights then?

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    nope, they wont. dismounted knights are out of the picture, completely.
    *insert appropriate Chewbacca mourning cry*

Seriously now, where do I go to add the dismounted knight units back into the game?

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Quote Originally Posted by Arado View Post
    Seriously now, where do I go to add the dismounted knight units back into the game?
    Here's a starting point for you.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106265
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Thanks, guys. Does this mean that I can't simply go to the export_descr_buildings and take away the ";" from the line of the unit? What would happen if I tried to do that?

In 0.6, that will work.

In later versions, they won't be present in the EDB any more as we won't even have any up-to date models for them any more. But as HxM already pointed out, that should be compensated by new units of heavy infantry.

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.

Default tactics and unit strength

I'm new to the MOD and am loving it so far. I am having a little trouble with understanding the troop strengths and tactics for example:

Playing with Saxoney, when looking at the stats for the dismounted German knights they seem very strong yet in battle they seem to be getting there butts kicked by anyone I fight, I sieged a town and had my DGK ladder over the wall, which was defended by crossbowmen, the crossbowmen ended up running with 22 soldiers left in the unit, I had 9 DGK's left why did I loose so many when fighting what should have been a light armoured, weakly armed unit?

2nd battle, still using saxony, I used a German Knight unit, in wedge formation, attacked downhill into a statinary Scout unit. I then had a 6 star Generals Bodygaurd unit wheel around and hit the same scout unit in the right flank while they were already fighting my German Knights. The wedge attack with heavy knights should have been pretty good against a light calvery unit and the flank attack should have been devistating. Both the German Knight unit and the Generals Bodyguard were wiped out completely by the Scout unit and I lost the battle. Even if the Scout unit was an elite unit with armour upgrades (which I doubt since Im only 5 turns into the game) I dont see how this could have been the outcome. Any tips or tactics would be appreciated because obviously im missing something.

Thanks
    The Hound

Default Re: tactics and unit strength

The scene with the Scouts sounds like you fought the Obotrites in their homelands...

They never run away in their core provinces and you should have a HUGE advantage in numbers and/or quality to beat them.

Other than that, I have to say that I don't have much experience using dismounted knights. Maybe they were underpowered in 0.6, but they have been removed from the mod anyway for 0.7.

In addition, we have created a new combat system for the upcoming version that is totally different from 0.6 and (hopefully) much more accurate.

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.

Default Re: tactics and unit strength

cool, It was the Obotrites in there homeland, or well it was there land I took the city but they had a unit still in the region so I attacked them to get them out. I had read that the Obotrites were tough when fighting in the homeland, I guess I just didnt realize the how tough! LOL Now that I understand it.......thats an awesome addition.

...cant wait for 0.7.....but why remove the DGK!?!

thanks
    The Hound