Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 12 turns per year with proper aging

Default Re: 12 turns per year with proper aging

Yeah i'm already using DaC for Third Age but i didn't find any season thing in scripts folder. And SSHIP i'm not really interested. I just want to make SS and DaC 4TPY but i'm not sure how exactly am i supposed to do that.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

OK - let's try to do this step by step. After downloading you need to extract the zipped file which will give you a folder named 'Turns Scripts'. Now browse to the content of the Turns Scripts\4 Turns\Random Winter with Traits\Kingdoms folder. It contains 4 files, for ease of understanding I have added the complete path to their default location in the game:

1. campaign_script - data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    2. export_descr_character_traits - data
    3. export_vnvs - data\text
    4. historic_events - data\text

1. open the file with the same name in your mod. Copy the season file's content form the '1. 12 Turns per year' to just before the 'wait_montors' line into the mod's file - just before the wait_monitor line in there.
    2. open the file with the same name in your mod. Copy the trait section of the season file to the top of the mod's file. Copy the remaining trigger sections to the bottom of the mod's file
    3. open the file with the same name in your mod. Copy the content of the season file underneath the first line (fancy symbol in first line) of the mod's file. Delete the string.bin file of the same name in the data\text folder
    4. exactly the same as 3
    Additional: open the mod's descr_strat file in the same folder as the campaign_script and change the following entries at the top -
    start date - change summer to winter
    time_scale - change number to 0.25

You may find more campaign_script and descr_strat files in the data\world\maps\campaign\custom sub directories

Yay! It works perfectly, thank you a lot for the help
    But i'm curious, can it conflict with e.g Third Age events? Like some of them are scripted to pop out at certain time and we changed the time to elapse slower or sth like that.

Btw. could you check out my post here? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15409767
    Last edited by revar; September 21, 2017 at 04:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Glad you got it working.

An 'interference' with a planned series of events is possible if they are based on turn numbers that assume the original season per year frequency. It should however not disrupt the game play, merely the immersion.

Both mods use a custom battle AI (could be from germanuci5) - it would require some real fancy editing to replace them.
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 21, 2017 at 10:51 PM.

Ok, so i'm ready to play, thanks again

Blog Entries

Ok, I feel stupid now. I just overwrite the campaign script and now all the scripts are gone. I am playing Stainless Steel 6.4 mod. Can someone spare an unedited campaign_script.txt file from the Stainless Steel 6.4, please? I don't feel like reinstalling SS just for a txt file.

EDIT: nevermind, I reinstalled it and realized this doesn't work for Stainless Steel anyway. It's for vanilla only I think.

EDIT 2: On page 22 you can see how to make it work for Stainless Steel if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by FoxXeL; September 27, 2017 at 05:26 PM.

Always backup contents before editing files manually, do not forget, it's important.

This script is awesome. But my campaign events no longer work. Is there anyway to repair this?

Blog Entries

Your events will be turn based (if in the campaign_script file) and the turn numbers need adjusting.
    Or they are in descr_events and will fire at the start of a year - nothing you can do there except maybe move them into the campaign script if you want them to fire at different times.

so after doing 1 single year with this mod, my characters have aged by 3 years, yeah great mod , thanks for screwing up my game

Blog Entries

If you could submit the files you have edited then we could tell you where you screwed up editing them. My bet - the year per turn number entry at the top of descr_strat.

I can confirm it works, I edited it into my own campaign file and it functions fine. Have been using it for a year.

Blog Entries

It's been working for the last 8 years and every mod that has multiple turns per year is using this (or a similar) method Mine certainly do (Rise of three Kingdoms, 1648).

Roman Soldier's Avatar Civis

Thanks a ton!

Can anyone tell me where to put those files???

Ok thanks, I wish the answer of Gigantus could be edit in the first post! Thank you Gigantus!

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

{M2TW}\mods\{mod folder}\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It's been working for the last 8 years and every mod that has multiple turns per year is using this (or a similar) method Mine certainly do (Rise of three Kingdoms, 1648).
    Indeed!, it's been widely used by the TW Modding Community, and I can say for sure that your mods RoTK and 1648 are fantastic and great games (I have played extensively on 1648, and just recently installed RoTK).

I've noticed an issue with this, in that the season often does not set correctly. It still takes 12 turns for a year to pass (which is the important part) but often it will come up as winter in the middle of June.

I'm playing it using Stainless Steel, and also on a hotseat campaign, so one of these two factors might be the problem.