Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress thread

Default Re: Progress thread

Wow, this keeps looking even more fantastic!

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

@Socal_infidel - Good to hear from you. Chepstow is a good size castle. Its orientation is actually more east west but doesn't really fit that way on the map so I had to modify slightly (artistic licence to put it North south). The models were as accurate as we could get from the info we had.

@Storm - its mostly just me and Makanyane as Kyho says.

@Dragonswarrior - Yes I'll be glad to get it out this year. I want to have a play with the world modifier bits yet and see what I can do on that front (but thats all pretty new to me). Also need to get back to the family trees but not till next month.

@Rufats, Kabudhan - thanks for the compliments.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

The craftsmanship into this mod is just exceptional. You know I'm one of your biggest fans for this mod. I love the aesthetics you have going into this. Work is phenomenal.

KALI's Avatar Senator

Wonderful eye candy,
    shame we're not able to add settlement specific street plans, wall layouts etc. Now that would keep the TW communities busy for a while...
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

Thanks chaps
    Quote Originally Posted by KALI View Post
    shame we're not able to add settlement specific street plans, wall layouts etc. Now that would keep the TW communities busy for a while...
    unfortunately, see
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...166329&page=39
    I think they're getting close to the point where you might be able to at least change some of the battlemap plans....

I say unfortunately because I can visualise the amount of work that would be involved if wilddog decides to try it

DragonsWarrior's Avatar Senator

cor i dunno how wilddog can do most of it on its own must be hard

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsWarrior
    cor i dunno how wilddog can do most of it on its own must be hard
    Makanyane's helped quite a bit - between helping on other mods.

and I'm still hoping you will do some more on the Irish bits - then there will be 3.

i know sorry had a bit of trouble of looking after my mum and coursework

@dragonswarrior - no problem. Just wanted to make sure we were still including you.

KALI's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Thanks chaps

unfortunately, see
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...166329&page=39
    I think they're getting close to the point where you might be able to at least change some of the battlemap plans....

I say unfortunately because I can visualise the amount of work that would be involved if wilddog decides to try it
    Amazing news....... If they manage to iron out all the issue's and prob's I think I'll have to reload 3ds. Wierdly I've recently been researching/collecting medieval city/castle plans.
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kali
    Wierdly I've recently been researching/collecting medieval city/castle plans.
    Do you have any plans for english, scottish, welsh or Irish ones? I'm thinking of visiting a couple of the sites in Wales to try and get a couple of the guides books which cover Montgomery and Dryslwyn in particular.

penmbroke castle is good to see nice and big. are you keeping the kingdoms music on or will u put some new ones

penmbroke castle is good to see nice and big. are you keeping the kingdoms music on or will u put some new ones
    music - I'm not intending to change as I have no knowledge on doing that (or ability to add new music). I would of liked some voice overs for Irish and Welsh but I haven't seen any posted and agaion don't know how to do that.

On the other hand Pembroke castle (by Mak) is in the strat map - I may open a new thread on castles as we have done a few now.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    music - I'm not intending to change as I have no knowledge on doing that (or ability to add new music). I would of liked some voice overs for Irish and Welsh but I haven't seen any posted and agaion don't know how to do that.
    It's, actually, quite easy. I have no knowledge of modding whatsoever and managed to do that.
    On the other hand, Kingdoms' soundtrack is good enough to keep it as it is.

It's not the modding into game aspect that's the problem, it's the finding something more appropriate (that we could get permission to distribute) and beyond that editing tracks to length etc..

since both of us normally play game with music off after first couple of turns to see what it's like, it's not high on the priority list at moment.....

and yep Kingdoms sound track isn't that bad

nice pic you cant beat a good castle

nice pic you cant beat a good castle
    I agree Mkanayane did a great job on that one. She's working on a model of Dover (thought that would slow her down to my pace) .

I spent most of the day fiddling around with settlements to see whether the settlements can be set at a faction level. Frustrating time for me as little results achieved. Too tired when I started and too tired now Didn't really achieve anything. At the moment it looks like we can set settlements possibly at a culture level (Mak's actually testing the culture level out for how many we can use). I was testing faction level and couldn't get anything to work as everything seemed to want specific names which is tied to the .world files as far as I could tell.

End result is we will probably end up using generic ones (mostly from Kingdoms but maybe with some modifications dependent on the world modifier team (Argantonio and KnightErrant)). Its likely to cause a fairly major rewrite of the EDB (again though) particularly if its only at a culture level that we can change them... but we are still experimenting

thats good to hear

Good work on that castle Makan

Keep up the hard work you two, the model is still a hot favourite for me!

Hi
    Decided to open a castles thread with some of the castles.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=264419

I intend to add some more as time progresses.

We've been working mostly on the castles/cities strat map this week and how to associate them with battlemap models as well as trying to understand some of the bits associated with making our own variations (thanks to Argantonio and KnightErrant on the world modifier thread).