Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Wolfgrin's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Suggestions

Something horrible has happened to merchants. In a game which is already financially challenging, I find it unnerving to see my merchants either not gain experience or immediately get loaded with "loyal to coin" and "specializing in exotic wares". SS 5.1 got it right. Any way to go back to that?

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I would like to point out a thread I started regarding the templars and kingdom of jerusalem.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=161871

dj LiTh's Avatar Civis

I'd like to see the city of Pecs added to the Hungarian map, it was in your original 6.0 map preview but taken out for the full release. It was an important strategic city constantly battled for by the austrians/maygars/turks

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

re english map:

reduce size of "Dumnomia" and rename "Cornwall"
    see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Cornwall

increase size of "Hampshire" and rename "Wessex"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wessex

rename London area to "London" or SE England.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Zuma View Post
    i think we must have Jerusalem emergent scipt after succesfull crusade
    and religion conversion script for lithuania too

Next suggest add mali and more stelments to africa

If Jerusalem emerged after a successful crusade, then they would have to attack a faithful Catholic faction to obtain Jerusalem, surely? As Jerusalem would just have fallen to Christians.

Better would be to have them emerge once a crusade was called on Jerusalem...although then a player might be less inclined to join it if they knew that they would almost certainly be beaten to the target by the KoJ.

Icon1 Re: Suggestions

AI cheating:

I think the AI should be able to produce only such amount and quality of armies, that is reasonable compared to its financial status.

For example, I once pushed an enemy down to one city, he had about 4-5 units, but he could produce 2,5 high end full stacks in ONE turn. Checked it with diplomat, and he was BANKRUPT. Excuse me?

Also how could a faction - with only 4 cities and being bankrupt - afford to keep up 8 full stacks of quality troops, meanwhile the human player can only do this with a load of cash and possibly 15-20 settlements?

I know it's all about balancing, and "the AI has money, you have intelligence" thing, but it's often annoying and kills the fun.

It would be great if a few resource locations were tweaked. An example I will give is the textiles just northwest of Genoa. If you place a merchant to trade them he will be standing on the road outside Genoa. Soo.. if you own Genoa and move an army into the city from the north the merchant gets carried with.

I cannot possibly remember to move the silly merchant out from the city every time a force enters Genoa from Milan area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    While I am completely for the removal of Ireland. Removing the scots would give the british islands the same problems it had in RTW, where the faction would Dominate a large swath of provinces uncontested.
    Can you fix this problem by making the Rebels a more aggressive faction a la EB? Make the Irish a rebel stronghold. It'd be a great addition overall and make the game more challenging if you had to worry about rebels attacking you, etc.

Its not really a big deal at all. But many of the boxes that you read still use old vanilla pictures. Im thinking like their/our general is dead is the same for every northern european faction, or middle eastern or whatever it is. If its possible I would like every faction to have its own pictures for these sorts of messages.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Malek's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    This one has to be said in this thread even if it's not possible to be done before SS 9.0.

Please remove Ireland and Scotland for Serbia and Georgia.
    I agree but dont remove scotland only ireland needs to be removed. personally i would prefer serbia over georga as it would provide a decent buffer between Hungary and Byzantium PLUS it would make the balkans more intresting as it seems to be the onlt place on the map where there is small amount of action. iether venice byzantuim or hungary become superpowers and just dominate the area.:hmmm:
    Primal law is the first arbiter and final authority

Default Suggestion: Change Moors name

Moors is the only faction left whose name has not been changed into actual name of an entity from Vanilla. The historical entities it represents are

Almoravid Caliphate 1085-1145
    Almohad Caliphate 1147-1238
    Kingdom of Granada 1238-1492

The faction description implies it is the Almoravids, which makes the most sense being the earliest entity to rule the region.

KK,

Should you every have space for a new unique unit in the EDU, may I suggest Noble Bowmen for Venice. Unlike other italian cities which relied on mercanaries, Venice attempted to maintain a well trained citezenry and require all its young noble men to train in the bow (14th century). These could then help defend the city or travel on ships to defend its fleets.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

merge english peasant archers with english archer militia (for pre longbow total weapon system (TM) bowmen) and add a crossbow unit.

english used crossbowmen for garrison troops in castles etc.

I’m playing late era as the Teutons on h/h, 70 turns. Have not had one spy/assassin attempt on me from another faction. Also, my agents have not met any other faction’s spies/assassins, hope this is not intentional. Generally, would love to see more espionage attempts by other factions.

Also, and I think this has been mentioned before, but turns are taking too long. I have a 3ghz processor and 2g ram it should not be taking a whole 2 minutes to cycle through the factions. I know the no. of factions has been increased but can anything be done to speed up the turn process.

Otherwise, this is the greatest mod for MTW2 I have ever played. Well done KK and team on taking it to the next level, I hope CA are watching!

KK,

Just realised Seljuks do not have access to caravan stops, which is just weird as they prospered by supporting such to aid in bringing in trade from Iran along the Silk Road.

Paul Ehrlich

Is suggestions on fixing the map too irritating for you King Kong? I play as the Kingdom of Norway at the moment and I've found some geographical errors on their coast. I can put in some work if you're intrested. I'm Norwegian so I've got some reason for my observations.

Currently playing as the Kingdom of France on VH/VH.
    Check out my SS AAR:
    La Gloire du Français .

A question about the French roster.
    Dismounted Chivalric Knights is unavailable to Kingdom of France in the campaign. If they are left out on purpose for balancing purposes, I propose that French Mounted Archer be entirely removed. This would make the French slightly better against high-end 2h infantry (esp Halberds) and much worse against light cavalry/horse archers.

Dismounted Noble Knights simply can't hold the line as well as a plate sword-and-shield infantry, and mounted longbowmen is a pure fantasy unit.

i suggest giving the English armored swordsmen there old texture back, because i like the plate armor better

thats all i can think of

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

KK,

Reading alot about Kiev Rus leaders being married to Cuman princesses (did not stop fights), so can this faction have such.

Paul Ehrlich

Quark,

Can the "Crown" ancillaries be changed into traits, with the Factiontype X trigger removed? This would allow one faction to hold crown of another faction if it has conquered the required regions.

E.g. If the Kingdom of England captures Paris, Rheim, Clermot, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Rennes, Caen, Bruges, Metz, Dijon, Lyon, and Marseille, then the English King can claim the Crown of France.

The I_settlementowner x=x triggers would have to be changed so that it checks instead if all the settlement belongs to the same faction (is this possible?) or you would need 10*10=100 separate triggers to cover every crown for every faction.

Changing them from ancillaries to traits is for freeing up ancillary slots, but this obviously is not very necessary. Can the 8 ancillary limit be changed?