Thread: Arse CTD in my new Carthaginian campaign.

Default Arse CTD in my new Carthaginian campaign.

arse CTD,

as carthage with an army composed of 4 Iberian legionaries, 1 Iberian cataphract, 2 bastered cavalry, 2 Iberian skirmish cavalry, and a small contingent of African troops (Libyan hoplites and spearmen)
    when I load the siege battle it CTD's every time, I will have to auto win as despite my advantage in troop quality the apposing general has to many command stars to auto calc, a shame because it looked to be an epic battle

I had the same problem in my last carthage campaign, I also have all of the updates and fixes, I think there is something buggy about Greek cities on the Iberian peninsula.
    "Midway upon the journey of our life
    I found myself within a forest dark,
    For the straightforward pathway had been lost." Dante Alighieri

Default Re: Arse CTD in my new Carthaginian campaign.

Clearly, you don't have all the updates and fixes. Look for the oppida fix, install it, come back when it still doesn't work.

well I did, but perhaps it didn't download properly; I have vista, (shrugs shoulders)

anyway the Lusitanian's took Arse from me while I was campaigning in Sothern Gaul and when I attacked with my Spanish veterans it CTD'd again! looks like I will have to fix this.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

If you have RTW installed in the "Program Files" folder in a system running on Vista, the fixes may be automatically moved, by Vista, to a different location and not work properly.

Though, you shouldn't have it installed to "Program Files", right? Are you sure you put the file in the correct location (in the EB file and not the vanilla one) and overwrote the existing file?
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; March 14, 2008 at 03:48 PM.

Vicarius

I have the same problem with Arse. When the city increases in size, it is then the problem occurs. It has Barbarian Oppida walls, but when it increases in size it is represented as a greek settlement with greek walls on the campaign map.
    Member of S.I.N.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I have the same problem with Arse. When the city increases in size, it is then the problem occurs. It has Barbarian Oppida walls, but when it increases in size it is represented as a greek settlement with greek walls on the campaign map.
    Yes, that is the problem. It is fixed in the oppidia fix in the sticky thread, though. Vista might not let you install the fix, however, if RTW is installed in the "Program Files" directory...

Yup apparently the fix didn't register the first time. I tried it again and it works.

Thanks for the help.