Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rebels own the world

DrwHem's Avatar Tiro

Default rebels own the world

ive been playing my venice campaign starting from the early age and am now at 1405. i think you need to remove the money code for rebel cities because in 1405 the vast majority of territories in my world are owned by rebels as soon as you leave the coast of the Mediterranean. its either the moeny or you changed the civic order codes too much because even though france and germany start the early game with their modern borders for the most part, within the first 30 or so turns they all loose control of their core cities and they become independent and no one ever recaptures them. this has already caused the french to die out, the hre to die out, the catalans to die and also the turks and another faction im not familiar with. you need to make those indepented cities easier to take and hole because the game is no fun when you are one of 3 countires with any semblance of national borders or unity.

DrwHem's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: rebels own the world

..i feel like im the only one looking at these forums on a regular basis..well just incase no one understands the extensive rebel control of the world quite clearly here is a screenshot without the fog of war about 20 hours into a game.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

(Couldn't open the thumbnail)

However, we cannot say much about that, as you are indeed the first one who reports it in this form, and if you browse through the SV forum, you 'll see, that a lot people played the SV 2.5 late or early era without issuing this point.

In the meantime, due to the further development (worked over campaigns - internal dev/beta versions), the gameplay has changed anyway. And, there are no such quite drastical rebellions that you describe, though particular rebellions are okay in our gameplay - well, to say it short: Thanks for your observation, we will put an eye on that in the further development, that factions will be able to reconquer lost rebel-regions, it's just a matter of campaign-balance, especially in regard of the garrison-script and cash-flow. Btw., rebels are to understand as native factions as well (the development goal is to have for each region/areas the historical correct native "rebel"-factions, what is at most advanced for the early era as yet).
    Last edited by DaVinci; January 14, 2008 at 03:04 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I haven't experienced that quite yet. I am in the year 1430 something playing as England. I killed off the Scottish and French Kingdoms due to invasion fears, however the HRE in two or three campaigns I have played (not as them) they get either killed off or shrink rapidly to a mere two province realm due to either the French or the Dutch.

renegade765's Avatar Civis

I completely agree with DRWHEM his complaints are mine and the only reason I stopped playing Sicilian Vespers!

Patrician Artifex

As said above, the gameplay with future releases will change a lot.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Btw., i could solve (or at least calm down the rebellions a bit) the adressed issue pretty easy, but i have no 2.5 version anymore on my drives, so if one of you can pm me the following file: export_descr_buildings
    i can make this a hotfix 1.2 soon (saved game compatible), upgrades the version then to 2.5.1.2.

Patrician Artifex

For the issue of this thread-title is another hotfix available, which will decrease unrest in all regions.

Go here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=123024

renegade765's Avatar Civis

Thanks! dling now..

I think I noticed this problem to. In my only campaign I've played so far (it brutally ended when my Windows collapsed a week ago ). It was 1380something when the HRE lost their capital, they didn't die out because of it (they were filthy rich) but they did rapidly shrank and, strangely, they never attempted to recapture it (I'm pretty sure cause I kept an army of agents all over central and western Europe). And, also, by the year 1420 (the year my XP collapsed), too many a faction had disappeared (Hungary; Venice; Angevin/if that's their name; Denmark; Armenia; Timurids; Fatamids; Altan... and France) but I haven't asked myself why 'cause one of those early deaths (Hungary) was caused by me so I thought others must be a result of warfare too. Well, I know for sure that Denmark and France was terminated by England who exploded and whipped them both out one at the time. As for the others, I haven't payed attention but given the German case it could be the loss of Capital that triggered it.
    So, I'll download the recommended fix as soon as I reinstall the game and see what happens in my next campaign...
    Last edited by Војвода Драгути&; February 23, 2008 at 10:19 AM. Reason: gram.

Quote Originally Posted by Palman View Post
    I think I noticed this problem to. In my only campaign I've played so far (it brutally ended when my Windows collapsed a week ago ). It was 1380something when the HRE lost their capital, they didn't die out because of it (they were filthy rich) but they did rapidly shrank and, strangely, they never attempted to recapture it (I'm pretty sure cause I kept an army of agents all over central and western Europe). And, also, by the year 1420 (the year my XP collapsed), too many a faction had disappeared (Hungary; Venice; Angevin/if that's their name; Denmark; Armenia; Timurids; Fatamids; Altan... and France) but I haven't asked myself why 'cause one of those early deaths (Hungary) was caused by me so I thought others must be a result of warfare too. Well, I know for sure that Denmark and France was terminated by England who exploded and whipped them both out one at the time. As for the others, I haven't payed attention but given the German case it could be the loss of Capital that triggered it.
    So, I'll download the recommended fix as soon as I reinstall the game and see what happens in my next campaign...
    This issue seems to be less severe in the kingdoms version (not released yet). In my current test of the late era, only Naples rebelled by 40 turns.

Did you happen to notice if a rebelled character was in the city?

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

In the German case: There was a rebelled character outside the capital when I first acknowledged the rebellion, I cannot confirm that He was inside when the city rebelled, I don't remember him being the master of the Cologne region neither (Cologne was the capital at the time, they switched capitals several times, times to my surprise).
    As for the rest of the rebellions, I haven't payed strict attention, but I can confirm that there were rebel characters around or in rebel settlements here and there...

Hey, having a lot of rebel strongholds allows you take provinces without the risk of being excommunicated. At least its not as bad as Vanilla where the Portugese always took all of western Europe. Wtf.

Patrician Artifex

Our next release (based on a Kingdoms installation though) will have a complete change, also in this regard, but a kind or better said, a little rate of settlement rebellions shall remain, the goal is only that it doesn't hurt the AI factions too much, the human player though shall have a little anger withthis thing
    The same is valid concerning the excommunication options.
    (Portugueses shall have a hard life in the early and high era campaigns, this shall change in the late era a bit, but especially in the renaissance era ... these goals are more valid for the future releases ... it is high unprobable, that we will change the M2 based build a lot).
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 04, 2008 at 12:47 PM.

?No Ottoman Empire On that map in 1412 posted by DrwHem? What the hell happened there? Only Soon to the most powerful empire in the world for 400 years and the largest hullking threat over eastern Europe untill the 18th Century. The Ottoman Empire should always be a threat to all Factions and THE Global Dominate Power in any year after 1453. The Game isn't the fun without having those Big Bullys on the block. AI step it up! THIS IS HISTORY that changed the World.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by KXLO View Post
    ?No Ottoman Empire On that map in 1412 posted by DrwHem? What the hell happened there? Only Soon to the most powerful empire in the world for 400 years and the largest hullking threat over eastern Europe untill the 18th Century. The Ottoman Empire should always be a threat to all Factions and THE Global Dominate Power in any year after 1453. The Game isn't the fun without having those Big Bullys on the block. AI step it up! THIS IS HISTORY that changed the World.
    You are wrong my friend. SV is an era campaign mod. His map shows 1412 started from the early era at 1080 ... the early era starts with a strong Seljuk empire, but not with the Ottomans, of course. The late era starts with the Ottomans (but not very effective, to be honest ... this will be changed with the new kingdoms bbased build as well).

Oh, I see DaVinci but you know what i mean right ...BUT SV kept me playing Total War II. I was so disappointed with Vanila. Even The game play on MTW I was much better. Those idiots at the Creative Assembly need to step it up. I hope they get a chance to look at you Modders work to give them some MUCH better ideas for future projects. They are the ones making all the $money right$ pffff...? Thanks again.
    Last edited by KXLO; March 04, 2008 at 01:01 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by KXLO View Post
    ...BUT SV kept me playing Total War II. I was so disappointed with Vanila. Even The game play on MTW I was much better. Those idiots at the Creative Assembly need to step it up. I hope they get a chance to look at you Modders work to give them some MUCH better ideas for future projects. They are the ones making all the $money right$ pffff...? Thanks again.
    I guess, you won't be disappointed with the upcoming Kingdoms based version, there will be a lot more historical flavor and realism in it, compared to the current SV 2.5. Nearly a whole new game.

DrwHem's Avatar Tiro

so when is the kingdoms version going to be ready for release? cause in my renaissance campaign as venice i am in the year 1505 and all of russia, turkey, and the middle east is just one big rebel state. crusades are so bland and boring this way. the only reason europe isnt all messed up is the closer proximity of the cities. If the kingdoms version is far off is there a way you could hotfix the eastern and russian rebellions? once they rebel the AI dosnt take them back. ive even given the timurids and mamluks 100000 florins each to raise armies and fix their nations and they just waste it on who knows what.

The Kingdoms version is just about ready. I just have a few more thing to do before the release.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast