Thread: The Attalids XGM SubMod

Sebulba's Avatar Miles

Default The Attalids XGM SubMod

This little mod add faction Attalids
    some info from wikipedia
    "
    The Attalid kingdom was the rump state left after the collapse of the Kingdom of Thrace.
    The Attalids, the descendants of Attalus, father of Philetaerus who came to power in 281 BC following the collapse of the Kingdom of Thrace, were among the most loyal supporters of Rome in the Hellenistic world. Under Attalus I (241-197 BC), they allied with Rome against Philip V of Macedon, during the first and second Macedonian Wars, and again under Eumenes II (197-158 BC), against Perseus of Macedon, during the Third Macedonian War. For support against the Seleucids, the Attalids were rewarded with all the former Seleucid domains in Asia Minor.
    The Attalids ruled with intelligence and generosity. Many documents survive showing how the Attalids would support the growth of towns through sending in skilled artisans and by remitting taxes. They allowed the Greek cities in their domains to maintain nominal independence. They sent gifts to Greek cultural sites like Delphi, Delos, and Athens. They defeated the invading Celts. They remodeled the Acropolis of Pergamum after the Acropolis in Athens. When Attalus III (138-133 BC) died without an heir in 133 BC he bequeathed the whole of Pergamon to Rome, in order to prevent a civil war."

Would like to thank:
    KAWEH K's FACTION BANNERS AND SYMBOLS

Dime for allowing me to release it under XGM.

KLA for using his models and textures.

Here is the file. Feel free to inform me of any problems, spelling errors or ctds. This is still unfinish.

Well it being now five megs, You will still need to get version 5.5.13 of xgm to play this.

The install instructions are straight forward .

For ease of copying and pasting I would suggest having both the xgm folder and Attalidfolder opened. Do not just copy and paste the folders over or your game of xgm will break!
    http://rapidshare.com/files/71480860/Attalids.rar

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: The Attalids XGM SubMod

I was very excited for this. When I downloaded it I noticed you made the Syracusans and Attalids playable factions. I always wanted to play those two factions in the original XGM style instead of Diadochi. I do however see a couple problems. The Syracusans do not have a campaign description and whenever I try and play as the Syracusans or Attalids I get a CTD without an error message. To my knowledge everything was copy an pasted right so I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone?

Sebulba's Avatar Miles

Please help me about these little mod. I make a 2 new factions Attalids and Maurya Empire. There is a preblem in custom battles ewerything work fine but in campaign when i click on next turn these make CTD. There is an beta version whith based units like general bodyguards. Can somebody help me? here is link http://rapidshare.com/files/75182426/XGM_SUB_MOD.rar
    this is for XGM 5.5.17