Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: = Trivium independant Map Editor (TiME) Project =

Nediak, maybe you didn't mark this new mountainiuos area as "mountains" ground type?

could you make be possible to use an actual .jpg map as a background, so one can easily get the outlines of the landmass, the position of cities, mountains, rivers and ground types right?

(I doubt it, but I had to ask^^)

Very good ideas are here, especially the overlay idea is great! I already added that. Region enlarging already works, now I have to cope with those txt-files :cry

Alexei, with the new overlays you will see the borders, cities etc.

Nediak, mountains should work if you change the ground type to mountain (peak). The crash happens when you change the height with the selection mark over the left end of the map. Be careful with this. I already fixed that for the next release.

Yargh, I will add comfort functions when the main functions are finished

MrHide

do you have an estimate of when the region editor version will come out?

I should be ready with the regions by the end of the week.

Mr.Hide - I dunno if this has already been suggested, but an idea regarding the region editing function -
    It would be a fabulous help to us in the business of mass region editing (i.e. the Globus Project) if, while editing regions the regions were overlayed onto a map of the physical features of the Campaign Map. Blah - I could have explained that better, but I think you get my drift. It really is frustrating having your provincial campaign crash because you have unknowingly placed a city on an illegal tile, like a mountain, dense forest or river.

- PS.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal, <u>Satires</u>.

OK its the end of the week&#33;

Originally posted by MrHide@Nov 22 2004, 09:39 AM
    I am currently working on a campaign map editor. Here I will post all new versions and updates.

Current features: Height editing, ground type editing, undo/redo function, region viewer
    Next version features: region editing

Version 0.15
    This is very cool. You da man&#33;

I get an error message every time I try to load anything telling about a lookup text ther isn&#39;t....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

and now that I fixed the lookup text there is nothing showed , there is only a white board and nothing showed....

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

Giving release dates isn&#39;t a good idea
    I hadn&#39;t much time for posting and the work on the editor. So the release delays for some days. There will be updated the next week.

@Praetorian Sejanus: Overlays for ground types and cities will be available for every edit mode.

@PROMETHEUS ts: What isn&#39;t showed? No map or do you mean the toolbox on the right side. There is still a bug which doesn&#39;t update that window. You have to change the tabs to ground types and back, then all is showed.

For infos and screenshots you can also have a look at the Trivium forums

MrHide

Well thanks for the help, but i still have the same problem. I have colored the whole map in desert and then in north western africa i made a nice bit of level land and then made some mountains as a test. I also tried to make some rivers, but I failed

The mountains are all colored and even the peaks have been colored with the peaks color.

webbird's Avatar Senator

Mr. Hide, for sure your Editor will be a blessing for us all but take yourself all the time it needs and seldom was good stuff
    made in a hurry.
    better to wait some days and you are sure that all is right and functioning&#33;
    Greetings&#33;

What isn&#39;t showed? No map
    yes no map at all.....

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Some updates:
    I worked today on that big descr_strat.txt file. Wow, lots of info in there.
    I can already read and resave nearly everything from there. I hope that I can start working on the "adding provinces" feature in the next two days.

@Nediak:
    Strange ... Have you looked if the map_heights.tga changes to white on the higher areas? Maybe the editor doesn&#39;t save in the right directory?&#33; :cry

@Premetheus ts:
    Appeares a loading dialog when you open a campaign? When there are a valid map_heights.tga etc. in the folder, it should work. Could you describe it more detail what you do, contents of the folder, etc.

Greetings, MrHide

Well I load up the folder of sons of mars and appears the little window sayng loading then when finished simply nothing appears in the window and is all white....

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

alman9898's Avatar Centenarius

Will rivers and land features also be edittable?

Prometheus, wait for the next version, it shouldn&#39;t take all too long. I made already changes to the drawing, I hope it will work then.

Alman9898, it will be editable in one of the next versions, but you will still have to wait a while.

Hi Mr Hide,

what is about the resources and other details of a region in the descr_regions? Will you put in an option for it or have I to write that in the descr_regions as usual with the text editor?
    *OD*

That bit of info in the descr_regions.txt will be editable in textfields in the editor. Also the other infos of the descr_strat.txt and later of the other files. I&#39;m ready with the "descr_strat" now and I will start to add the editing features tomorrow.

MrHide