Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

Icon14 Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

Brief Description of Darth_Battle_AI_Kingdoms:
    ===================================
    -uploaded version 1.2!(Scroll down and download)
    -also available with an automatic installer!
    -this mini-mod will replace the kingdoms vanilla battle AI with a new one based on Darth's battle AI
    -by using this you will get the great battles found in Darth Mod. This means:powerful cavalry, smart AI,unit cohesion,
    great effects...etc(Who played DarthMod knows what I'm talking about)
    -the the new units(Kingdoms specific) were adapted in order to work properly similar to Darth units.
    -play some battles and find out yourself!
    -it is compatible with your saved game. There should be no problems.
    -Enjoy!

Install notes(no need for that. You can just use the new version with the automatic installer.):
    ==========================================================
    -copy the files from the archive in to your Medieval2 root folder(C:\program files\SEGA\Medieval II\)
    -modify the shortcuts for the 4 campaigns. Add the --io.file_first as a parameter. It should look like this:
    C:\program files\SEGA\Medieval II\kingdoms.exe --io.file_first --features.mod=mods/teutonic ->for the teutonic campaign
    Notice the added --io.file_first parameter!
    If you don't add the --io.file_first as a parameter then it won't work!
    -play the game!

Uninstall notes:
    ==============
    -just remove the --io.file_first from the shortcuts.
    -another way is to delete all the text files found in the data folder for all 4 campaigns. But the first one is preffered

Darth_Battle_AI_Kingdoms vers 1.2
    =================================
    -fixed the Jaguar Warrior unit info card bug(for Mayans)
    -added the fear capability for mounted units(like conquiestadores, new world bodyguard), gunpowder units, artilery units.
    Now native warriors are afraid of horses and gunpowder units, just like it should be.
    -fixed the description error for Richard and Saladin
    -tweaked the charge distance for the new units
    -corrected some formations bugs for pikemen. They were tweaked. They should be ok now.
    -fixed the bug of silver-model for some units(some units like Knigths Hospitaliers could upgrade their armor, but there
    were no new models for them)
    -missile units are more powerful now(not too much, +2 or +4 for the missile power). They now have more punch and can deal
    with the enemy.
    -also gunpowder units are more powerful
    -other tweaks.

Darth_Battle_AI_Kingdoms vers 1.1
    -this version has many fixes. The first version of the mod was based more on making Darth AI compatible with Kingdoms
    and the units were tweaked specifically.
    -important changes made for cavalry. They have less defense value, weaker secondary weapon(stat_sec) and more powerful
    charges. Thus they will be more devastating in charges, but will last less and will inflict less damage in melee. So
    it is important to use your cavalry wisely.
    -pikemen units were tweaked. Previously they had a formation(and if defensive mode was used) that was too tight and sometimes they were a wall against
    infantry. Now the formation is a bit looser and thus allow infantry to better infiltrate trhough the pikes and disrupting
    the pikemen lines.
    -I fixed an error were I put too many soldiers per unit(usually a cav unit had 60 men/unit, but in kingdoms the new
    unit size was 45 instead of 60).
    -fixed the soldier size for infantry units for the americas campaign(dismounted conquistadores, sword and buckler men)
    -added 2 hitpoints for some spanish units in the americas campaign. I accidentally left them with 1 hitpoints. Now the
    fewer men from a spanish infantry unit can deal with 2 large size 'american' units, just like it was intended for
    this particular campaign.
    -added missing unit card for Jaguar Warriors for mayans.
    -added missing burning oil to the projectiles file.
    -lots and lots of tweaks for units(formations, attack&defense stats for most of the units) keeping in mind the campaigns ideea(for example mounted knights like
    Knights of Antioch in the Crussades Campaign are a bit less powerful than they should have been. This was done so that the 2 Kingdom of Jerusalem
    and the Kingdom of Antioch will not be too powerful, and giving a fighting chance for the muslim factions)

Darth_Battle_AI_Kingdoms vers 1.0
    ...check the readme found in the mod for more details...

Credits:
    ========
    Credits go to DARTH VADER for his great work with Darth Mod and myself(Tiberiu_R) for my part of the work.

Download it here(VERSION 1.2):
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Automatic Installer (recommended for normal users)
    Attachment 6086 (for advanced users!)

NOTE:
    The automatic installer is recommended for players who experience problems getting the mod working, or for lazy ones .

The automatic installer will:
    -automatically find the correct path(if you the game is correctly installed) and will install the mod, no harm will be done to your game, saved games, configs etc.
    -added 4 new working desktop shortcuts for the 4 campaigns
    -added new splash screens for the 4 campaigns so you know you are using the mod(look for Darth in the upper-right corner when you start the campaign )
    -smooth uninstall which will completely remove the files and will do no harm to your game
    -also there is a link to the uninstaller in the Start Menu.

For the advanced version you will need to follow the instructions posted above and do all the things manually and there are no splash screens which will give you the hint that you are using Darth AI for Kingdoms. But it is smaller in size, and you can download it directly.
    I recommend the automatic version, but you could do it any way you want...

And some extra reputation wouldn't hurt...
    If you like it rep me, if you have some bugs/suggestions post them here and i will try to improve the mod.
    Last edited by Tiberiu_R; October 30, 2007 at 03:06 PM.

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

Default Re: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

Uploaded the first version.
    Download and enjoy.

i ight be a noob but, I don't know whats wrong with kingdoms AI. I thought it wasn't half bad.

I am the bad boy of these forums.

promoting illegal activity
    posting indecent or graphic images
    flaming (insulting other users)
    posting indecent or graphic images
    flaming (insulting other users)

Quote Originally Posted by harm View Post
    i ight be a noob but, I don't know whats wrong with kingdoms AI. I thought it wasn't half bad.
    Play the campaign on vanilla and then on Darth's.

‘gia des kairo pou dialexe o charos na me parei’

WOW this is extacly what I was looking for after kingdoms got released. THX man!

@ Harm: Well, if your primary concern are battles then you will see that the vanilla AI is not that great. There are numerous bugs that are from med2 till kingdoms. A really bad things is that CA didn't do any bug fixing for this expansion.
    I suggest you play some battles with the original campaign AI and then try the Darth AI for kingdoms. There should be a significant difference between them.
    And remember that Darth's AI and formations are used in most mods!! This was also true for Rome. Thank DARTH VADER for this one, mate.

@shonelli
    I'm glad you like it. It is good to get positive feedback for your work.
    Also some bugs are also welcomed. So if you, or anybody else, do find something that they think is not right, then just post them here and i will try to fix them.
    Cheers

PeteSKTemplar's Avatar Ordinarius

Tiberiu_R - honor and glory!!! (aint allowed to add rep yet)
    You made me to go on "second holy pilgrimage" (playing Crusades) after long while and now I am very eager to go with Apachean cavalry hordes again through preires and jungles of America.
    Thanks a lot again (as usually) for great work!
    NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM!
    Those words were on lips of Templars when charging,
    M2TW DarthMod Team member - tester (Imperial Snowtrooper)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteSKTemplar View Post
    Tiberiu_R - honor and glory!!! (aint allowed to add rep yet)
    You made me to go on "second holy pilgrimage" (playing Crusades) after long while and now I am very eager to go with Apachean cavalry hordes again through preires and jungles of America.
    Thanks a lot again (as usually) for great work!
    Thank you, my friend.
    I also started playing the Teutonic campaign and it rocks!
    I will try the apachean tribe later. I want to see what they are made of.
    Cheers

Tiberiu I noticed that you have not changed anything in the new units of Kingdoms EDU...so are not darthed.

I suspect you plan this for the future

Libertus

We have to use the shortcuts to play the game with the new ai or from the autoplay?
    I ask this because i cant get it to run from the shortcuts.It says something about fatal error.
    Last edited by pansoiatr; October 09, 2007 at 03:52 PM.

It is possible to make this mod not compatible with vanilla kingdoms save?

Because in a HotSeat Campaign, who uses this mod will have harder battles but other players can "cheat" and not use the mod to get easy battles!

@Darth: Indeed the new units from kingdoms are not Darthed 100%. This will be done in the future versions.
    @pansoiatr:
    you will have to use the shortucts. I don't know if it works with the autorun.
    What you can do is to go to the desktop, copy and paste one of the shortcuts, so that you now have "Copy of Medieval II Total War Teutonic" link.Rename it to "NEW AI ...." or anything else. Now go to the properties of this new shortcut and add the --io.file_first thing as a parameter.
    It should look like this:
    C:\program files\SEGA\Medieval II\kingdoms.exe --io.file_first --features.mod=mods/teutonic

@PorT_Lobo: I don't know if this is possible. You should tell the other players to use this AI or all of you could use the vanillla AI.
    Read more here. You might find some usefull settings for hotseat.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70942

Libertus

Sorry to trouble you with my questions again but my problem continues.
    I unzip your files and i paste them in my md2 folder as you say.
    I change my shortcuts and then i try to start the game.It doesnt start but a window pops up that says CA_LIB medieval 2 suffered a fatal error and will now exit.
    Any advise would be welcomed.
    Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by pansoiatr View Post
    Sorry to trouble you with my questions again but my problem continues.
    I unzip your files and i paste them in my md2 folder as you say.
    I change my shortcuts and then i try to start the game.It doesnt start but a window pops up that says CA_LIB medieval 2 suffered a fatal error and will now exit.
    Any advise would be welcomed.
    Thank you again.
    The shortcut should look like this:
    C:\program files\SEGA\Medieval II\kingdoms.exe --io.file_first --features.mod=mods/teutonic

Watch the spacings and spelling errors.
    I am afraid that you need to reinstall med2 and kingdoms. Since there are so few people(so far you are the only one) with this problem, it looks like you need to reinstall.

One more thing, your copy of kingdoms, is it in english?
    If not maybe that's the problem.
    But i think you should do a clean install.
    That mean:
    1)uninstall game
    2)delete the directory where the game was installed(make sure you backed up your saved games! Found in the saves directory)
    3)restart your comp
    4)install med 2
    5)install kingdoms (during this procces the game will be pathced to 1.3)
    6)just copy the files from the archive provided to the root folder of Med 2
    7)Do the things with the shortcuts(C:\program files\SEGA\Medieval II\kingdoms.exe --io.file_first --features.mod=mods/teutonic)
    This should do it.
    Good luck and patiance.

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Tiberiu_R; October 10, 2007 at 03:22 PM.

Logik's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello Darth i wanna download your mod but when i go to file front and click on down load i get this message.Any ideas what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.Cheers.
    The file you are attempting to download is not currently available on our servers or is being processed. Please try your download in a few minutes.

PeteSKTemplar's Avatar Ordinarius

So you inserted (the rest is unchanged) to your shortcuts just:
    --io.file_first
    and it keeps crashing??
    NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM!
    Those words were on lips of Templars when charging,
    M2TW DarthMod Team member - tester (Imperial Snowtrooper)

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by PeteSKTemplar View Post
    So you inserted (the rest is unchanged) to your shortcuts just:
    --io.file_first
    and it keeps crashing??
    Yes,the disc starts playing then appears the message i reported in my previous post

i have two questions: I replace the files of the original campaigns with your mod or i put the files's mod in without replacing?

I didn't understand a think of how : Add the --io.file_first as a parameter.

Can you be more clear, i'am not very good in mods and stuff like that.

thanks in advance.

AMMsterz's Avatar Libertus

Icon14 Re: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

WaZaaa!!!

Just wanted to holler many big cheerz ter Tiberiu_R for allowing us M2TW fans ter finally have a go against better custom battle AI.

Did everything as follows, no crashes, but just wondering how could I verify that my Kingdoms is using the new Darth Battle AI... :hmmm: I mean, I've noticed different AI formations, somewhat smarter cavalry, as well as increased effects of cavalry charges on morale but just wanted to double check to make sure I'm using Darth.

Peaceage

Merely a humble advocate of the positively developed mod, "The Fouth Age Total War." ...
    as well as a peaceful proponent of the exhaustedly developing mod, "Broken Crescent."

Quote Originally Posted by AMMsterz View Post
    WaZaaa!!!

Just wanted to holler many big cheerz ter Tiberiu_R for allowing us M2TW fans ter finally have a go against better custom battle AI.

Did everything as follows, no crashes, but just wondering how could I verify that my Kingdoms is using the new Darth Battle AI... :hmmm: I mean, I've noticed different AI formations, somewhat smarter cavalry, as well as increased effects of cavalry charges on morale but just wanted to double check to make sure I'm using Darth.

Peaceage
    You are definitely using Darth AI! The great cav effect gave you away.
    One more thing from where you can you are usign Darth AI are the high defense values for units. Generals should have about 30 defense. 28-30. Somehting similar.
    Embrace the Dark Side

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast