Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your questions here

Default Post your questions here

Since you're going to have to create new combat animations for at least the romans, I was wondering if you had decided wether the new anims were going to include something like the zweihanders decapitation or are troops going to just stab at each other and fall over?

Default Re: Post your questions here

We certainly won't have decapitations. They look cool, but are about as historical as vanilla.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

I was just using the decapitation as an example of one of the Kill animations, finishing moves... whatever you want to call them. If you want a specific example it would be something like the legionary thrusting his gladius up into his opponets ribcage via the abdomen like they did do historicaly.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Well, we currently lack an animator. We'll have to do some recruiting before any new animations are in EB2.

00Jebus's Avatar Foederatus

Are any of the new agents going to be included?

Say for instance having greek merchants in Britain at the start?

(only I dont see any way priests or princessors could be included)
    someone stole my prefered user name!
    ahwell they got here first

I am Jebus from TWC wiki

Citizen

What agents will be used and how is still under debate. For one thing, if Merchant behaviour cannot be modded, then there is a good chance they won't be included at all. Currently, the AI just wanders the map, using Merchants as Assassins to other Merchants. And the whole concept to putting a merchant in an enemy territory, or putting a merchant in your own territory seems odd.

Aren't the princesses essential to family trees? Rather than erase them, maybe they could simply be prevented from moving but still be able to marry potential suitors, for example. This would of course mean rendering their images...

I agree about the oddity of the merchants, but will that mean adding other features like the extra types of ports in RTR?

My real burning qestion is how will you deal with the papal states and its associated features, i.e. the college of cardinals and crusades?
    Last edited by HawkeyePierce; October 16, 2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

and will it be possible to have a senate? and if yes, would u guys be able to give carthage one to?

Citizen

The pope will almost certainly be completely removed and the faction slot be used for a real faction.

We may use the 'councel of elders' or whathaveyou type of missions to represent some sort of Senate for some factions...

will you use the castle type settlements for Celtic hill forts and the like?
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

What will the 5 cultures be? Considering Kingdoms has Irish, Norweigan etc...
    Could be something for the player to take into accound when attacking a territory. It would be cool to see cultures assimilated, ie, Romanizing a Hellenic settlement

Zaknafien's Avatar Tiro
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

we can have 7 cultures actually.

Rome Total Realism VII Roman Faction Historical Advisor

It is foolish to incur danger for small results; He must be considered a reckless general who would fight before there is any need, while a good one takes risks only in cases of necessity." ---Publivs Cornelivs Scipio Aemilianvs Afrivanvs Numantinvs

Sweet! Forgive me if I take a shot in the dark about the upcoming 7 cultures...

Greek (a minority in several places)
    Roman
    Arab
    Eastern Barbarian
    Western Barbarian
    Phoenician
    Other/misc.

What about the African cultures?

Africa would be covered by Arab, Punic/Phoenician and Other wouldn't it (and Greek if you included Egypt in there as well)?

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

For help with the Battle animations, (when you find an animator) the Legionary kill move was a straight thrust for the groin then another thrust into the head or neck, the whole front normally tried to do it in unison, to, so as to break the enemy's fighting rhythm. The Getai falx units apparently used a "pulling" motion, so you may have to think that through. Celtic swords, as you said in EB1 were swung around the head to increase momentum, so I guess they were also quite widely spaced and would have a rather slow hit rate.

My question is, will you please, please, please, not use Kingdoms?

Why not? It has many more useful features included and will be better/easier to mod. If you are worried about buying the dam thing then I wouldn't worry, I expect by the time this mod is actually released it will have dropped in price (not that its overly expensive now).

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyePierce View Post
    What about the African cultures?
    yes, I agree that there should an african culture in northern africa.

I would propose:

greek
    roman
    african
    semitic (incl. phoenician, arabian and others)
    persian
    western barbarian
    eastern barbarian

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

u forgot the nomadic (steppe) culture

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast