Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lands to Conquer 3.1

Default Re: Lands to Conquer 3.1

Sorry guys but I'm a little bit disappointed by this mod.

The Hotseat doesent work at all as someone prommised and the campaigns are somehow boring. There are little changes and nothing at all they doesent affect anything good.

I tried it out with a friend to play the hotseat but it doesent works. Why is there a hotseat included if it does not work and it says something about picking the scenario out of the list.

I keep waiting for Kingdoms and in the hope that it will be better than this mod. I recommend to everybody to take a spott at the renaissance mod , sicilian vespers and broken crescent.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

If you are playing 3.0 the hotseat is broken in it due to a problem in the installer, if you are playing 3.1 are you using the hotseat mode correctly? All it is, is the ability to select multiple factions on the faction selection screen for each campaign and have multiple people on one pc take turns as different factions. That is it.

There are little changes and nothing at all they doesent affect anything good.
    That is the whole point of my mod, it does not set out to radically change anything, it just aims to make small changes to improve the gameplay. If you are looknig for radical changes mods like DLV, SS and others are for you, not LTC.

I tried it out with a friend to play the hotseat but it doesent works. Why is there a hotseat included if it does not work and it says something about picking the scenario out of the list.
    That would suggest it hasn't installed properly. Are you using 3.0 or 3.1?
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

I'm playing the 3.1 version of the mod. Do you have any suggestion? When i for example start the Hotseat mode, there i can't host any games in the multiplayer section at gamespy. When i start the singleplayer in hotseat mode i play on my own against the AI when it says just 1 human player. I got no idea what to do.

You obviously have not understood what hotseat mode is. It is not multiplayer campaigns, all it does is that it allows for multiple factions to be played in a campaign on a single pc. There is nothing done over the internet or LAN.

And if you want to play as multiple factions in the campaign when you run LTC from the LTC hotseat section you have to select them by clicking on multiple faction symbols on the faction selection screen.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Spartan's Avatar Divus
    Patrician

I find this mod to be a most excellent product. Again your talent shines through Lusted. I was wondering if you plan on adding the Heraldry mods to the next version? It really puts me in mind of the original MTW and is something I have sorely missed with this title.
    "Consular" Spartan, Vassal of Siblesz
    Lord of lt1956, & Vercingetorix, Founder House of Spartae
    §§TWC's Father of Modding§§ §§ RulersoftheSea.com §§
    "The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, & power over nothing" - Herodotus

I just wanted to say great WORK for this great MOD Lusted...
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

EyebrowsMulligan's Avatar Civis

Great mod lusted, it's rekindled my interest in MTW2 which up until now had been acting as a dust gatherer.

Is the Diplomacy better in 3.1 as it is in 2.1.. Cause I really like the Diplomacy aspect of the game when it actully works, unlike the regular medieval II.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pette View Post
    ...and the campaigns are somehow boring. ....
    What aspects of the campaigns do you find boring. I've played two full campaigns (France and HRE) on 3.1 have just started another as Byzantium, and they've been anything but boring. Indeed, I'm only about 20 turns into my current one and I've already been stabbed in the back by those perfidious Venetians (that Doge is definitely going down!).

Another thing to remember is that the whole point of this mod, to my mind, is that it doesn't radically change the basic game. There's plenty of other mods that do that.

The other day somebody (on TWC) likened LTC to an "uber-patch", which, I think, sums it up nicely.

I think this Mod is uber.. Totaly even every things up I sill got some technicel problem maybe u can take a look, copy past this link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118760

It happens with the mod as well but prolly since I install the 1.2 patch first.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Played a couple of days as Spain - lots of fun. The AI is, actually, trying to fight you. As long, as you're not blitzkrieging, they build strong armies. Great job, Lusted, as usual.

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

Are you planning to make Byzantium cmpn in next installement?
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

No, however i am thinking of changing the start date of the Grand Campaign and converting the Norman Prologue tutorial into another Grand Campaign with a later starting date.
    Creator of:

does the new world still exist.

Let's just hope they were fascist communist kittens who were on their way to international fascist communist fair.

yes

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

No, that isn't a banana

If I import units from Kingdoms, will the unit stats be ok? I understand you worked diligently to rebalance them for LTC as well as M2TW Kingdoms - but are the changes similar?

The unit stats in Kingdoms are pretty good anyway, and very similar to Lusted's/Palamedes' balance changes.

They are the balance changes Palamedes worked on with my help. But be aware the balance varies from Kingdoms campaign to Kingdoms campaign - in Teutonic and Crusades cav have +2 to secondary attack and higher cost as a result, in Britannia the spearmen have +2 attack and higher cost, in Americas all units cost less and the New Spain units are smaller +2hp. For the next version of KTC i'm going to be using the balance from the Retrofit as the edu already has the new Kingdoms variables implemented in it.
    Creator of:

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    No, however i am thinking of changing the start date of the Grand Campaign and converting the Norman Prologue tutorial into another Grand Campaign with a later starting date.
    Later, not earlier date?
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

Yes a later date, i will not set it earlier as there are not enough really early units to justify a start date that early.
    Creator of:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast