Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1.2/1.3 Community Buglist

Default 1.2/1.3 Community Buglist

So it's that time again ~

Only bugs that can be properly replicated under 1.2 RC, please.

As this list is being posted at both the Org and TWC, and as I'm getting submissions from both sources, I need everyone to check that their post has not already been made at the other forum, and is not on the list already.

Current thread - Org
    Current thread - TWC

Old Thread - Org
    Old Thread - TWC

---------- 
    High Priority
    Campaign Map
    • Autocalc for siege battles is determined as it is for field battles (ie. defenses not taken into account and fight to the death ignored; the AI thinks that the defender can have men remaining after the battle)
    • Experience bonuses from guilds/tourney fields etc. still don't work correctly. Unknown if this only occurs after a reload with the units still in the queue, as previously.
    • The Campaign AI is improved and no longer recklessly attacks; but it still launches naval blockades at inopportune moments and thus gets into wars that it cannot win.
    • Units given move orders over multiple turns will not automatically move around hostile zones of control, and can get 'stuck' next to a city.

Battle Map
    • Army formations often fail to be maintained when ordered to advance by a single left click over a distance of over approximately 100 yards.
    • DEK animation problems: In short, they refuse to attack if clumped very tightly together at times and while they have 4 anims to attack infantry, only 2 of those will actually do anything. As those 2 that are effective are their slow anims, they will hardly ever strike (and strike successfully) at another infantry unit.
      Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
      =FH] Explanation of why DEKs and similar units seem much weaker:

DEKs (DNK, DPK) have 4 attack animations: Pierce (medium), Push (medium), Overhead (slow), Twisting Slash (slow).

Against infantry, they will use all 4. Against cavalry only the first two.
      However, it seems when attacking infantry, the first two animations do not do anything. That is, they have no effect and cannot kill other infantry units. That leaves DEKs with a net 2 slow animations which play even less frequently due to the waste of playing the other two and the pauses in between.
      Further, DEKs will often refuse to attack in melee against infantry at all when clumped too closely together, possibly a collision/attack animation consideration (i.e. hitting friendlies, which non missile units will refuse to do) problem. This is compounded by the observation that DEKs will only attack if very close to the enemy, at a range that is even shorter than that of a short_spear or spear unit.

This is especially evident on walls, where in some tests, I had fully upgraded DEKs defending against unupgraded Ottoman infantry on the walls.
      Each time when an Ottoman got cornered, he managed to kill exceptionally many (up to half my DEKs) units as those would refuse to attack him while he could swing freely and due to faster animation would stop DEK attack animations.

Against cavalry, DEKs fare relatively well as they will only use their medium speed animations, although the delay between attacks is much increased.[/quote]
    • It's almost impossible to properly deploy units in siege battles as the defender.
    • Passive AI remains in siege battles.
    • Reinforcements sometimes do not enter the battle after being issued orders.
    • Siege AI is generally bad, with units waiting in range of wall towers to perform menial tasks. Explanation:
      Quote Originally Posted by FH
      I did some more extensive testing on why the AI would suddenly stop battering my entrance gate only to resume doing so a minute later. It seems that when they are at your gate and you attack one of its units making its way up the ladders/siege towers and have not yet reached the top, the ram will always disengage and then re-engage. So my test was running a few knights into the troops scaling the tower to make them come out and then I withdrew with my knights only to come back a bit later. Each time their ram disengaged when their troops went back to moving into the tower.
      AI against player sallies #2: Artillery pieces the AI carries seem to be affected by some conflicting scripts. Ie. when the AI drops the siege equipment, if it has any artillery units, the artillery will drop equipment, pick it up, drop, pick up etc constantly until enegaged in melee, at which time it will retreat behind its lines without taking the artillery with it and it will not use the artillery against you at all. Again, thats a big minus compared to 1.01 where it would use artillery against you in sallies.
    • Stats are unbalanced in light of 2-handed and shield bug fixes.
    • Unit Cohesion still isn't perfect, and sometimes only the front rank of a unit will charge.

Medium Priority
    AI Cheats
    • The AI appears to be able to ‘see’ the players hidden forces in a sally battle.
    • The AI can fight night battles with captains (you notice this because you are the AI's reinforcement)
    • The AI can 'spawn' generals into captain-led stacks spontaneously
    • The AI does not suffer Crusade/Jihad desertions. This allows them to move said armies drastically off course to attack player-owned cities and yet suffer no penalty for doing so.

Campaign Map
    • AI factions will occasionally fail to attack a crusade target and instead remain a few squares away for turns on end.
    • Alliances remain with destroyed factions, as does the state of war.
    • Checking and then unchecking the ‘night attack’ option can permanently exclude allied reinforcements from the battle.
    • Disasters block the building of forts/watchtowers in a region and decrease movement rate permanently (after a reload on that turn?)
    • If the last family members of a faction are killed sallying from a settlement or in a reinforcement battle for a settlement, the faction is destroyed but the settlement turns rebel and remains under siege with new troops that have jut magically appeared.
    • Man of the Hour event does not trigger properly (you get the "message arrived to a funeral" popup) if the stack moves into a city/castle, as captains do not exist in a settlement. (ie. it does not work for siege/sally/field (one square away) battles)
    • Man of the Hour will never trigger when attacking out of a settlement.
    • Possible issues using diplomacy to gain support in papal elections.
    • Possible save/reload issues.
      Quote Originally Posted by froggy
      I've found that the AI is behaving very differently if I exit and reload the game. In my current campaign (English VH battle, M campaign) I've had two play sessions. In my first everything was peaceful, sensible and logical. AI factions declared war rarely, and when they did it was a sensible choice. I played 52 turns, then finally dragged myself away. In all that time one faction (Danes) declared war on me, and I declared war on nobody but the rebels.

I continued the same game tonight. I played until turn 67, which means 15 turns. I've had the Danes (again, now in reduced form thanks to my taking one of their settlements and killing their troops before making peace the first time), France, Portugal (3 times) and Sicily (twice) declare war on me. The Danes have sent two puny little armies to attack one of my cities. The Portuguese and Sicilians keep dropping tiny little armies on Ireland, which I kill in short order. Then they offer peace, which I accept, and a few turns later they come back and do it all again. France is the only one making anything like a sensible war here ... though I hesitate to call it that, as we've been good friends since turn 2, I’m stronger than them, and France is engaged in multiple wars with other factions and not doing entirely well.

Scotland has also come to life. In my first play session they parked their army outside York and sat there doing nothing the entire time. On loading my save game they immediately moved that army and have been marching restlessly about their lands.

My faction remains strong, rich, respected and pious. It's been peaceful, trading with everyone I can find and only warring with the rebels. While I have gained provinces since the game's start I'm no big bad monster (8 provinces total) and I held all these provinces for a good while before quitting the first time. My armies have grown slightly, but weren’t weak before. I've done nothing threatening. In short, I can see no reason for this abrupt change in AI policy towards me.

I'm not amused. What was an enjoyable campaign has turned into a tedious game of whack-a-mole. It feels like a reverse of RTW's save/load bug.
    • Ransoming back a family member after a battle without also giving at least one member of the generals bodyguard unit will result in the family member’s immediate death, as the unit cannot be displayed without any bodyguards. The family member will be shown to have died peacefully.
    • Ships can sail into and out of blockaded ports freely
    • Some people report campaign map lag.
    • Swordsmith and Woodsmen guild bonuses (at the HQ) still do not apply correctly to both local and global at the same time (ie they only give +2EXP global, not +2 global +1 local).
    • The faction heir is still not given to the right person (eg. will not revert to the king's son when he comes of age)
    • The percentage chance to open a settlement's gates with multiple spies is not calculated correctly (cumulative percentage wise instead of adding probabilities)
    • When defending against a sally, it is possible to exit the battle right at the start and it will result in a draw instead of a loss. Neither side will lose units.
    • When two generals are in a settlement, the one with the higher chivalry will become governor, even when the general's primary attribute is dread (ie. a 1 chivalry general will govern instead of a 8 dread one, even though it results in reduced public order)

Battle Map
    • The 2 AI seige wooden tower bug(for lack of a better name)
      Quote Originally Posted by Generals bodyguard
      Crash Criteria:
      -2 AI armies
      -Siege battles
      -Settlement/castles with wooden defences
      -AI army uses ammo based siege equipment
      -AI army attacks towers that are under control either by you or the other AI!!!
      -The AI army firing the siege weapon havent moved their infantry yet.
    • Cavalry vs cavalry charges are seemingly ineffective (head on). Cavalry also refuse to charge in with secondary weapons, even if explicitly ordered to by the player.
    • It is possible to ‘sally’ and attack enemy artillery in defensive siege battles without the AI responding until it is far too late to save the crews.
    • Missile units will complete animations before fleeing in skirmish mode.
    • Mounted missile units continue to shoot after leaving the battlefield and can still inflict casualties
    • Only siege equipment able to be carried is spawned (ie if you have 6 rams and 2 infantry units, 2 are spawned)
    • Pathfinding issues chasing routers. It appears that these issues are a result of a unit getting ‘spread out’, and as the engine targets your unit at the centre (average) of the enemy unit, stragglers can move this point to a position outside the actual unit mass. This is especially prevalent following an AI sally, where cavalry will usually fail to chase routers, even if they are not split on/off the walls.
    • Routing units locked out of a settlement or otherwise near the gate cannot be attacked effectively.
    • The battlemap on the area near Jerusalem shown is made unplayable by high cliffs: http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6987/00343uu2.jpg
    • Units can become ‘stranded’ half-on, half-off walls in siege battles and fail to respond to orders entirely. They can also become stranded after leaving the wall, often staying in the middle of the street until given further orders.
    • Units in spearwall/schiltrom and archers in melee combat do not properly disengage after defeating the enemy and will lose fatigue attacking thin air.
    • Using two ladders on one section of wall can cause both units to climb the one ladder after placement due to a pathfinding issue.
      Explanation:
      Quote Originally Posted by Foz
      I've seen that too sometimes. I think it happens if the center of the one unit is too close to the ladders of the other unit. Basically the pathfinding AI decides it's actually closer to climb the set of ladders the other guys are already using, so it will send the unit over there. It's not strictly wrong from a pathfinding sense, but it is rather awful for good assault practices. I think if the unit, having placed its ladder, was always required to begin climbing the one they placed, the problem would go away. As it currently stands that unit is disassociated with its ladder as soon as the ladder goes in place, and then it appears that the unit invokes pathfinding to determine the best way to its spot on the wall. Anyway, at least it's not too serious a problem, though somewhat annoying.
    • When the AI attacks with a reinforcement stack, that stack will often take up a defensive position and force you to attack it in order to win a supposedly 'defensive' battle. This is possibly caused by a pathfinding error, as in some cases you can hear the enemy units playing their movement sounds but not moving.
    • While your cavalry is engaged in melee, double click attacking an enemy behind the unit you are fighting that is in charge distance results in your cavalry instantly charging and annihilating the unit they were meleeing with (plus charging into the unit you clicked on).

Low Priority
    Campaign Map
    • Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
      During a crusade, I liberated Rome, the crusade target. The papacy contacted me and asked for Rome. They said if I gave it to them, I would be their closest ally. When I gave it to them, my faction (the Scots) did not get an alliance with the papacy.
    • A general with more command stars than the faction leader will sometimes command when he is present.
    • Adding mercenaries to the retraining queue and removing them from it deplenishes the mercenary pool regardless.
    • Allied spies cause a public order drop in your settlements; but your spies do not cause a similar drop in theirs.
    • British can build military academy and get gunpowder associated traits and retinues before gunpowder is even developed.
    • Demanding 'attack faction x' via diplomacy costs far too much and seemingly has no effect. The price only appears to be reasonable when one of your settlements is under siege; but the AI will still fail to take action regardless of diplomatic success.
    • Diplomacy can be initiated with a besieged town if the order was given before the siege commenced/was sighted.
    • During times of campaign map lag, clicking on a town settlement and then on the settlement again (or another town settlement) before the game updates the town's display info, can sometimes cause a CTD.
    • Factions now hate you for making them your vassal (i.e. after they accept your offer, the diplomat/princess will always trigger the unhappy speech).
      While this in itself is no big deal or could be seen as realistic, the following is not:
      After they are your vassals, if you approach them for any diplomacy, they will be as "welcome ally" stance. But once you ask for anything or even try to gift them something, they will always only barely accept and be annoyed after the transaction, as if they don't want to deal with you. What's worse, I tried gifting my new vassal 2000 florins and it was barely accepted, they were annoyed afterwards and my relations went from so-so down to abysmal....
    • Generals denounced for heresy are now counted as "died in battle" on the family tree instead of "denounced" as it used to be.
    • If you are hiring mercenaries but have not yet completed the transaction (i.e. you have the merc screen open and dragged a few over to the "to hire" section) and then disband any unit from your army, all mercs currently in the "to hire" section vanish and cannot be rehired, meaning that you need to wait another 10-20 turns for the mercs to replenish.
    • In some cases it seems possible to lose a papal election despite your candidate having the most votes. http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3...ge00022gn2.jpg
    • Military access has no effect when marching a crusade through an allied Muslim faction's lands and vice versa with Jihads
    • Moving a group of fast and slow units (i.e. cav with infantry/artillery or infantry with artillery) together and then disbanding all slow units will result in the fast units losing all their remaining movement points down to how much the slow units had left.
    • Papal missions do not expire on the pope's death.
    • Possible alliances bug:
      When having a force in allied territory, you can rarely get a popup during the ally's turn requesting you to aid him in battle.
      If you accept, your force moves automatically in the ally's territory next to the enemy the ally requested help against.
      Once that occurs, the game gets an unspecified error CTD.
    • Priests can be converted to heresy while assigned to an army; and sometimes fail to leave that army when that happens.
    • Ransoming the pope, and having that ransom rejected, can sometimes cause the game to hang.
    • Regicide missions do not expire when the giver dies (and payment is still given as normal)
    • Save/Reload will lead to an immediate papal election even if the pope died that turn.
    • Some mercenaries (Frankish knights, Mercenary Crossbowmen) cannot be retrained if their experience is higher than 4 (1 silver)
    • That means if there are 3 available merc spearmen in a given region and you have one available for retraining in one of your cities, adding/removing that mercenary spearmen unit to the retrainment queue reduces the amount that can be hired down to 2 instead of leaving it at 3.
    • The merchant skill works above 10, even though it is not displayed.
    • The pope likes moving his army around at random.
    • The pope will sometimes give contradictory misssions (ie. "blocade faction x's port" and "do not attack faction x")
    • This is hardly a bug rather an annoyance but when you right click on a priest that has a movement plan for the next turn it deletes it.
    • Units captured in a siege assault cannot be successfully ransomed (the ransom is successful in that you get the cash; but the units are not returned to the other faction).
    • When you win a siege battle, you have the option to ransom/release/execute prisoners, but the choice has no effect since they all die without your reputation going down; sort of an exploit, you always free them and get chivalry and they die anyway.
    • You can't see your army composition in the pre-battle screen.

Battle Map
    • Ballistae have problems targeting units on slopes (possibly unable to shoot below 0 degrees, which makes sense but does not tally with visual representation of range)
    • During battle, if a spear unit has ever entered schiltrom formation and is currently not in schiltrom formation, moving it anywhere will cause it to resume back to a schiltrom-like formation, where they are setup exactly the same way but do not count as an actual schiltrom. I.e. they use a much tighter formation and guard all sides.
    • Elephant Artillery cannon balls can bounce off a settlement's walls and 'return to sender'. Ability to cause damage unknown.
    • Hidden troop locations can be easily spotted if you have a unit selected and hover the mouse over the forest. Where your mouse is not showing a possible movement field but a standard cursor, there is a hidden unit.
    • Normally, when all the attacker's infantry have been routed and not all gates have been breached in a siege, the attacker loses automatically. However, if the attacker has elephants (merc or normal), the siege continues with the attacker unable to get in. This is likely a carryover from RTW, where elephants could batter down gates.
    • Rarely, after a victorious battle where you lose very few units, once the combat results screen appears you may lose some extra units for no reason.
    • Rarely, random infantry "ghosts" through the battlemap and disappear as soon as you pan the camera view. This even occurs when the enemy does not have any infantry and you don't either.
    • The Turks now do not even have one-liner speeches anymore. Just blank and with camera panning as if they were to give a long speech.
    • Tlaxcalan mercenaries have a triangular banner like missile units, but they are actually an infantry.
    • Trebuchets can have trouble fitting through gates in some settlements.
    • Units displayed in the end of battle summary can net a sum total of below zero (possibly due to reinforcements?). http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/9878/0003xt1.jpg
    • Units with the fire_by_rank attribute (gunpowder infantry) will sometimes get stuck in reloading status when given an order to shoot a specific target in range and fire at will mode is turned on. They get stuck as in they have their muskets raised to about half, as if they had just gotten into position and are not yet aiming with their status reading reloading but they will never actually aim and shoot until the closing enemy hacks away at them. Actually they will all release empty volleys on melee impact.

Graphics/Sound
    • Arab factions ambushing an enemy will return an audio that is inappropriate for the situation. The audio returned was as if the ambusher had been ambushed.
    • Armenian Cav refer to themselves as lightcav when they are heavy cav
    • As England, if your forces ambush an enemy army, the sound played is that which should be played when you are ambushed.
    • Free Company Men-At-Arms refer to themselves as heavy cav when clicked when they are heavy infantry
    • Graphical glitch for mercenary arquebusier arm textures.
      It looks like they got an outstanding black frame being carried on the elbow for one type of texture (there are 2 textures for the elbow in total I think)
    • HRE navies winning the battle will at times feedback the retreat message instead of the victory message.
    • If you turn of fire at will for Italian factions, the general will stay "artillery units, hold your fire" even if you don't have any artillery but only normal missiles.
    • Some generals don't receive a death voice over, the camera focuses on their death without speech.
    • Some message triggers, especially in sieges, are bugged (eg. you can get 'our soldiers have broken the enemy gate' when the enemy has in fact done so)
    • Some problems with Latinkon upgraded armour(vertex weighing appears to messed up in some places)
    • Venetian Heavy Infantry and Venetian Archer upgraded armour models are wrong, soldier should look like the heavy billmen upgraded armour soldier but wear brigadine armour instead.
    • When Aztec cities/castles get upgraded to a certain level they end up with Muslim architechture on the battlemap
    • Whenever the AI loses the minimum men required to lift a siege engine (less than 6 for ram/tower/ladder), the player gets the feedback message that the siege engine does not man itself. However, the AI is supposed to get this message.

Game Mechanics
    • If captured troops are executed (without offering ransom) the losing commander still gets the RansomDread trait, similarly RansomChivalry if the troops were released without a ransom
    • LeaderDestroyedFaction condition is not working
    • Priests cannot get above the third level of StrongFaith (missing trigger)
    • With the introduction of the InquisitorSuccess trait, Inquisitors can no longer get a level in GoodDenouncer of 2 or higher. However priests can still. As such, the description of the 5th level of GoodDenouncer is inadequate as it reads "utterly unafraid to even prosecute royalty" or something along those lines. That description would only be applicable to inquisitor characters not priests.
    • Combat bonus vs faction (+X command vs the Milanese) is not working.
    • Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
      Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir
      export_descr_character_traits
      Code:
      ;------------------------------------------
      Trigger sitting_around_town_with_city_barracks
          WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsGeneral
                and EndedInSettlement
                and RemainingMPPercentage = 100
                and SettlementBuildingExists >= library

Affects StrategicSkill  1  Chance  4
      ;-------------------------------------------
      This code obviously has been copied incorrectly somewhere. It should read
      SettlementBuildingExists >= militia_drill_square

The trigger for dads_prim is duplicated as dads_prim and dads_Prim

dads_smoothtalker trigger exists even though the trait is diplomat only

Further improper trait triggers as generals cannot get these to begin with:
      SmoothTalker in random_birth12
      GoodConspirator in random_birth27
      Secretive in random_birth31
      Talkative in random_birth34

Hate traits' 2nd level randomly gives morale or not. Similarly 3rd level randomly decreases morale or not.

birth_with_sanitation, academia, alchemy, religious all lack > at >=
      and no longer consider public_baths and aquecut for births.

Trigger governing9 is senseless as far as I can tell in context. (Why give dread solely because the treasury is >50k)

assassininit7 should be SettlementBuildingExists or otherwise all eastern assassins come out as trained killers even though they weren't trained in a settlement with a hashashins guild.

CA has added some extra trait clearers when priests turn heretic, but still lacking the clearance of TheologiansGuildMember, TheologiansGuildTrained, NaturalPriestSkill, PriestLevel.

export_descr_ancillaries
      handgun ancillary still gives +2 law.

armour_custom ancillary only triggered by armourer but not by levels above when sitting around town.

marco polo ancillary still given to everyone instead of Generals only.

assassininit11 gives handgun if gunsmith present but lacks trigger for c_gunsmith as some factions can train assassins in castles

Description errors: (export_vnvs)
      RansomChivalry description (incorrectly identical to CaptorChivalry)
      Nuerotic (trait level is called Nuerotic and trait display as well - should be Neurotic)
      LenientJustice at level Way_too_leniant (should be lenient)

• Military Assistance trigger problems.
      in file descr_faction_standing.txt there is trigger
      0080_F_Military_Assistance

trigger is supposed to increase global reputation of faction that is PROVIDING military assistance.
      But instead this trigger increases global reputation of faction that is receiving military assistance.

• Trigger "sitting_around_town_with_city_barracks" has the condition "library" instead of the more appropriate "militia_drill_square"
    • There is a problem with the BattleDread/BattleChivalry code that allows generals to possess both traits at once.
    • Trait descripts for FearsEngland/Egypt/HRE level 1 reads "edgey" should be "edgy"

• Merchant's Guild Apprentice trait for Merchants references the presence of an Assassin's Guild, not a Merchant's Guild.

• Another bug: Getting an adoption offer that has the Drink trait on the Drunken_Heathen level results in the avatar having a mysterious permanent boost to command, even after the trait is removed. Details:
      OK, this seems to be a major hardcode bug afterall.

Remember a page back that I said how starting with the Drunken Heathen trait seemed to give a permanent boost to command even after you remove all traits and ancillaries (using plain remove_ancillary/remove_trait without operators)?

Well, it seems piety is also affected and there seems to be a trend: If your general is offered for adoption or coming of age and has traits that give a total negative value for either command or piety (not chiv/dread, but not sure about loyalty), he gets a permanent +2 bonus onto that trait.

This second piece of evidence came as one of the PBM chars came of age with 2 levels in the PublicAtheism trait (-4 piety) (and ReligionStarter 1 (+3 piety)). Well, after removing everything he still had 2 piety from nowhere.
      I should note he also obtained a tutor ancillary (+1 piety), so it could be that its not only if the Attribute value total is negative, but also exactly 0, depending on if ancillaries are giving before or after traits are.

• Swift steed ancillary gives a public health bonus even though its an agent ancillary.

• Nicolau copernicus ancillary gives a subterfuge bonus even though its a general ancillary.
    • Bug - AntiTraits.

Yes, we all thought they have been fixed and they have for the most part, BUT I just had a really weird encounter where my exhausted general was assaulted by a vast byzantine army and routed. After the battle, he had BOTH Brave (level1) and Coward(level2) and Haemophobic (level2).
      Note that Brave has AntiTraits Coward AND Haemophobic and the latter two traits also have brave as AntiTrait.

So...Antitraits work weirdly at times and getting both traits seems more than odd to me as they are supposed to cancel out.

• It seems that Traits with nogoingbacklevels will jump to the nogoingbacklevel, when given an appropriate AntiTrait value.
      For example, Trait Drink with Social Drinker value becomes a Alcoholic when a Sobriety 1 is triggered.
      When that happens, Command is not reduced by 3.

Another test using the Trait Feck with a Strong Language value becomes Foul Mouthed (i.e. the nogoingbacklevel for Feck) when a Prim 1 is triggered.
      When nogoingbacklevels for Feck and Drink was edited out of the traits file, the Feck and Drink were decreased using Prim and Sobriety.
    • AS trebuchets (available only to mongols and timurids) have the main_infantry banner instead of a main_missile banner.
    Last edited by sapi; July 13, 2007 at 05:03 AM.
    Citizen under the patronage of Garb.
    Ex Administrator, Senior Moderator, and Content Editor.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: 1.2 Community Buglist

A suggestion. I think the way i formatted the old TWC buglist made it much easier to read, and the use of spoiler tags to hide the explanations until clicked could help things look more organised.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Yeah.

I'm going to have a look at redoing the format; but I don't plan to number things, as they are sorted into no particular order...

Okay, I've redone the organisation, putting items in alphabetical ordered bullet points under the main headings.

Quotes are [spoiler]ed, and I agree that it does aid reading.

Any more ideas?

I'm not sure i'd include the ai cheats in the bug lsit as they must obviously be designed that way.

The medium cavalry vs cavalry bug description in spoliers is wrong. I believe you mean the one where cavalry stare at one another instead of moving to one side and hitting each other.
    Using two ladders on one section of wall can cause both units to climb the one ladder after placement due to a pathfinding issue.
    That is just the ai going up the ladder that is placed first. i'd reword it to:

Using two ladders on one section of wall can cause both units to climb the ladder that is paced first, they should go up their own ladders.

That means if there are 3 available merc spearmen in a given region and you have one available for retraining in one of your cities, adding/removing that mercenary spearmen unit to the retrainment queue reduces the amount that can be hired down to 2 instead of leaving it at 3.
    I'm not sure what this means or if it is a bug, as retraining a unit does remove a unit from the recruitment pool of the same type as the soldiers have gone into the unit being retrained.

Pausing the game during an in-battle movie causes the game to freeze.
    Not a bug, pressing pause again unfreezes it.
    Sporadic graphical bug on loading.
    That bug sounds like the one you get in 1.2 if you've unpacked but not deleted the 2 geography files. Or at least it's certainly what i encountered when i forgot to do it.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

I'm not sure i'd include the ai cheats in the bug lsit as they must obviously be designed that way.
    I'll have a think about that. I certainly got quite a few reports of them as bugs; I simply categorised them in that way.

The medium cavalry vs cavalry bug description in spoliers is wrong. I believe you mean the one where cavalry stare at one another instead of moving to one side and hitting each other.
    Yep; the auto-alphabetiser in word misplaced it. Will fix shortly.
    Using two ladders on one section of wall can cause both units to climb the one ladder after placement due to a pathfinding issue.
    That is just the ai going up the ladder that is placed first. i'd reword it to:

Using two ladders on one section of wall can cause both units to climb the ladder that is paced first, they should go up their own ladders.
    Actually, the misplaced quote for the cavalry one above refers to that. It appears that the game is judging that units are closer to a ladder other than they placed, and going up that. It seems to appear after coming in at an angle to the wall.

That means if there are 3 available merc spearmen in a given region and you have one available for retraining in one of your cities, adding/removing that mercenary spearmen unit to the retrainment queue reduces the amount that can be hired down to 2 instead of leaving it at 3.
    I'm not sure what this means or if it is a bug, as retraining a unit does remove a unit from the recruitment pool of the same type as the soldiers have gone into the unit being retrained.
    You may be right. I'll dig up the original post and have another look at it.
    Pausing the game during an in-battle movie causes the game to freeze.
    Not a bug, pressing pause again unfreezes it.
    I think the bug refers to the fact that you have to press pause twice - once to unfreeze the movie, and once after that to unfreeze the game.
    Sporadic graphical bug on loading.
    That bug sounds like the one you get in 1.2 if you've unpacked but not deleted the 2 geography files. Or at least it's certainly what i encountered when i forgot to do it.
    That could explain it.

I had discounted that when I first added it to the list because the person who reported it has done a fair bit of modding and I assumed he wouldn't be caught by it, but now that I look back on it it does seem to fit the pattern...

I think the bug refers to the fact that you have to press pause twice - once to unfreeze the movie, and once after that to unfreeze the game.
    Strange, i only have to press pause once to do both.

I had discounted that when I first added it to the list because the person who reported it has done a fair bit of modding and I assumed he wouldn't be caught by it, but now that I look back on it it does seem to fit the pattern...
    I've been caught by the error a few times when doing modding on other pcs, so it shows that even experienced modders can make simple mistakes.
    Creator of:

Strange, i only have to press pause once to do both.
    You're right, of course. I dug up the original submission, and once clarified, the person seemed to be saying that the mouse doesn't move when paused during a cinematic. In retrospect, however, I agree that that isn't a bug (as pressing p unpauses it) and have removed it.

I've been caught by the error a few times when doing modding on other pcs, so it shows that even experienced modders can make simple mistakes.
    I guess so

Quote Originally Posted by sapi
    Yep; the auto-alphabetiser in word misplaced it. Will fix shortly.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by sapi
    You may be right. I'll dig up the original post and have another look at it.
    The bug is referring to the fact that the queue seems to be depleted even if the retraining was not completed; so I've left it.

Will be updated in a second - I've got to replace the Org formatting with the TWC one first

EDIT: Updated
    Last edited by sapi; July 13, 2007 at 05:03 AM.

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

I have a bug to report! I can't select my faction heir
    - What can change the nature of a man?

Not a bug.

Edelward's Avatar Vicarius

When I installed latest patch I begun to receive a warning by Microsoft.Net Framework smth like(translating from Swe) ...non-handled exception in additional program ..When I start playing mods this warning is not appearing ,but in vanilla always does

...Could it be that advertisings and MTW2 news page which appears first being responsible for this ?
    It's good feature and I can live with it just want to understand the nature of report
    Last edited by Edelward; July 13, 2007 at 11:31 AM.
    Fitz Salnarville, Duke William's favourite knyghte,
    To noble Edelwarde his life dyd yielde;
    Withe hys tylte launce hee stroke with thilk a myghte,
    The Norman's bowels steemde upon the feeld.
    Old Salnarville beheld hys son lie ded, 235
    Against Erie Edelward his bowe-strynge drewe;
    But Harold at one blowe made tweine his head;
    He dy'd before the poignant arrowe flew.
    So was the hope of all the issue gone,
    And in one battle fell the sire and son

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I have two bugs to report that are not on the list with pics to prove them.

Ancillaries bug for middle eastern factions.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...&postcount=303

Campaign map bug with ports
    http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...ith-ports.html

Army formations often fail to be maintained when ordered to advance by a single left click over a distance of over approximately 100 yards.
    that was also a problem in rtw, the solution to it still works, ie using groups.
    Rarely, random infantry "ghosts" through the battlemap and disappear as soon as you pan the camera view. This even occurs when the enemy does not have any infantry and you don't either.
    that seems to be caused by faulty sprites, that happened alot when i played unfinished mods for rtw.
    Last edited by Hells Bells; July 13, 2007 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelward View Post
    When I installed latest patch I begun to receive a warning by Microsoft.Net Framework smth like(translating from Swe) ...non-handled exception in additional program ..When I start playing mods this warning is not appearing ,but in vanilla always does

...Could it be that advertisings and MTW2 news page which appears first being responsible for this ?
    It's good feature and I can live with it just want to understand the nature of report
    Yeah - a .NET problem is associated with the game launcher and not the game itself

Ancillaries bug for middle eastern factions.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...&postcount=303
    Noted.

I'm pretty sure that's on the list. I'll have a look.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by sapi View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's on the list. I'll have a look.
    I read the list twice and did not see the port bug on there. The funny things is the number 1 screen shot at gamespy displays this bug.

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/80...g_4048689.html

Also here is the pics for middle eastern Ancillaries that should be used, see second post.

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...-factions.html
    Last edited by Kinjo; July 14, 2007 at 12:39 AM.

I've had the Man of the Hour event happen several times when attacking outside a settlement. I brought this up at the ORG, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    I've had the Man of the Hour event happen several times when attacking outside a settlement. I brought this up at the ORG, too.
    Did your character end the turn in the settlement, though?

I'm not sure if the buglist makes it clear; the bug only effects captains.

Civis

I didn't see this but a dead princess doesn't gray on the family tree.And when under seige by AI with artillery(powder and wood) the AI will still build rams,ladders, and towers.Mongols and Timurids are way overpowered.I don't know if this is a bug but it confuses me when the name of a cardinal is the name at the top of the pope elected pop-up instead of the pope's name.Aztecs have the same voices as the Mongols and Timurids.Gothic Knights,Lancers, and Gendarmes are underpowered but I guess that goes under the stat rebalancement column.Units with heavy mail,like D Feudal Knights have an armor rating of 7 but when you upgrade a unit like the pike militia to heavy mail there armor rating is only 3.Generals don't upgrade to the armored generals bodyguard.It seems like some cities are,for lack of a better word, destined to recieve offers from certain guilds without working for it.Cordoba and Lisbon seem to be hotspots for theives guild when I never use spies and theres no dreaded governors and I only occasionaly upgrade the brothel.I'll think os some more but this is all I got for now.

Edit:Cavalry sometimes change formation when told to charge.If the captain is in an infantry unit that infantry unit will have 2 men alone in the back of the formation even if you put them in a formation without 2 men in the rear.
    Last edited by bamsuls; July 14, 2007 at 03:43 PM.

And when under seige by AI with artillery(powder and wood) the AI will still build rams,ladders
    Why is that a bug?
    Creator of:

Civis

Because they could be knocking down walls from a safe distance.And what would you do if you had artillery...build a ram or 2.But if you disagree then forget I put it there.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast