View Poll Results: Who will be elected president?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bush

31 53.45%
  • Kerry

20 34.48%
  • Nader!!

7 12.07%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will win?

Who will be elected on nov. 4? Bush relected? Kerry win?

Personally I think it will be hard for bush not to take it, but it certainly is a close enough race. Both sides are desperate to mobilize there base to go out and vote, and both sides are really slinging mud. Scare tactics, propaganda, etc. are all being used in full force. 4 Years are going to be decided rather soon, for better, worse, or ultimately indifferent (as I think it honestly will be no matter who wins...)

Bush will win because, IMO, he is the incumbent and while he has a fanatatical base, he has reached out to enough moderate voters (or should I say scared off enough potential kerry voters) to maintain his 49-51% of the popular vote into the end of the election.

Kerry still isnt out by a long shot, after all most of the polling is done to an older audience, and cell phones arent included. So its possible that statistical methods being used are not sufficient to really get accurate results.

Thoughts?

NM

EDIT: And I am predicting a BUSH electoral vote win, not popular vote--thats a whole different ball game...

My official guess: Bush with 278 votes. He will get florida, ohio, slip colorado. Not get any of the great lakes. (too many jobs lost) Get virginia, not get pennslyvania.

I am really pretty sure about him getting florida, but ohio will probably be the florida of this election. And of course, with its 20 electoral votes, if I am wrong about ohio then Kerry will win...
    Former Patron of: Sbsdude, Bgreman, Windblade, Scipii, Genghis Khan, Count of Montesano, Roman American, Praetorian Sejanus

My time here has ended. The time of the syntigmata has ended. Such is how these things are, and I accept it. In the several years I was a member of this forum, I fought for what I considered to be the most beneficial actions to enrich the forum. I regret none of my actions, and retain my personal honor and integrity.
    Fallen Triumvir

I wouldn't be surprised if Bush won... but anything could happen.

I'm not going to vote on this poll! I PROTEST!
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

I protest too !

I demand a vote in the real elections! But I am afraid judge Rehnquist will be deciding the next president as well.
    sic transit gloria mundi

Everyone loses.
    He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool, He that dares not reason is a slave.

Mordhak's Avatar Civitate

Everyone loses.
    Word :

No, seriously, I really don't like it, but Bush will win, mostly because of his advantage in the Electoral (?) College, and Jeb "gouverning" Florida. I predict he'll lose the popular vote by a small minority, and, let's say, something like 272 votes in the College.

Civitate

I think Bush, even though I don't want it. You just get the feeling that Bush has done enough, just, to keep ahead of Kerry. Unfortunately, I would still vote for Boris' monkey as president. :
    Under patronage of: Wilpuri

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Bush
    EDIT: I voted for Kerry though http://www.varjovaalit.com/ :
    Click on the small white text on the bottom of the page if you want to see the results. It's Finns only, you see. :smile
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Necrobrit's Avatar Urbanis Legio

Ahhh, America, the only country in the world where you can get the most votes and still lose...

The Imperial House Of The Wolf
    Son of WBK/Anagennese.
    The second generation of The Imperial Household: Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion, Kagemusha, Muizer, Battle Knight and Asterix
    Father of Zuwxiv, Borsook, PyrrhusIV, and Aristocrat formerly bestowing patronage upon Omnipotent-Q

Originally posted by Necrobrit@Oct 28 2004, 07:46 PM
    Ahhh, America, the only country in the world where you can get the most votes and still lose...
    Bush is losing because he has most votes

The Story of Janosik <>Courtesy of Cracker Monkey and ARCHER29

Methinks Nader should stick to campaigning and stop drawing votes from those likely to achieve his goals whilst in power. Is it only me that&#39;s more worried about electronic voting than hanging chads?
    Under the patronage of Wilpuri;
    Despotic master of ZaPPPa and Rowan11088.

eldaran's Avatar Speshul

I have a feeling Bush is going to win. I&#39;d like Kerry to win, if for no other reason that he isn&#39;t Dubya.

Under the patronage of the original and the best: Wild Bill Kelso

Originally posted by Necrobrit@Oct 28 2004, 02:46 PM
    One of the reaons I think the electoral college should be abolished...which I dont see happening anytime soon sadly.
    Under the patronage of the one and only GodEmperor Nicholas
    Proud patron of OTZ and MadBurgerMaker

Bush&#39;ll probably win, either for this reason, or he&#39;ll have a recount somewhere untill it fits.

In Patronicum sub Smoke
    Patronum Celcum quo Burebista et MareNostrum

Civitate

Originally posted by Last_Crusader@Oct 28 2004, 10:10 PM
    Is it only me that&#39;s more worried about electronic voting than hanging chads?
    Seriously. I can&#39;t believe they&#39;re actually going ahead with some of the electronic voting machines. There were malfunctions in like half the counties that used them in the recall election last year, and that&#39;s just the malfunctions they NOTICED. And even if the machines DON&#39;T screw up this time, whichever side loses will likely claim to be wronged by them, and sue, and toss the whole bloody thing back in the courts again. Why can&#39;t we just have a simple, paper check-the-box ballot or something?

Oh, and I predict Bush will barely squeak by to reelection on the electoral vote. Anti-Bush sentiment is pretty strong, but I fear he has enough supporters in key electoral states to swing it in his favor. Either way, it&#39;s going to be close....and probably litigated ^_^;;
    ~amor vincet omnia~

Civitate

Why can&#39;t we just have a simple, paper check-the-box ballot or something?
    Because that would leave democracy in the hands of the electorate, and any president-in-waiting knows that can&#39;t be allowed to happen. I predict the person with the better lawyer is going to win.
    Under patronage of: Wilpuri

Civitate

Both Bush and Kerry are going to have their heads blown off at the exact same moment in time, down to the minutest degree of a second you could ever conceive.

This will rally everyone in the nation behind Nader, who will then win while the other parties attempt to reorganize. Or maybe Donald Duck will win. Either way, it&#39;ll be a close race.

Mordhak's Avatar Civitate

Please, let Donald Duck win. He has more brains than Bush and Kerry together.

This would probably be funny if it weren’t so serious&#33; The fact that that idiotic, pompous arrogant pea-brained little short ars* has been sitting on the throne for the last four years it a crime against humanity in so many more ways than one.

Please, for the love of all things descent in the world, let somebody, anybody other than Bush, win&#33; Although, it’s not really about winning anyway, is it&#33; They didn’t need to win the last time to get elected. Their little electronic voting machines are going to help muddy the waters this time round, just you wait and see&#33;

Afganistan, Iraq and the rest of the world quite simply cannot take another four years of the criminal abuse this guy and his cronies have been doling out. They are crooks, thieves and gangster on a scale that dwarves anything that precedes them. I am convinced that within 15 to 20 years from now we will see these guys standing trial for the crimes they have and are committing against the rest of the world.

If Bush is allowed to continue then America will be expected to bow it’s head in shame for another four years. The rest of the world expect more from the most powerful nation on earth&#33;

I think Bush will win. For the simple reason people would like one idiot for 4 years better than another for 8 years. :

Burebista's Avatar Electro Artifacts AP

...Ohhhh when I see that Bush will win I get this strange sick feeling in my stomac..... *stopwar* *NTW*
    Modding Arts Inc.

SS City Reinforcement Script - (*SS 6.2 any mod comptible)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast