Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 77 BC 2 - New Features

Default 77 BC 2 - New Features

These are some of the new features that we have added in the mod following your suggestions:

- An optional script without missions for the SPQR player.

- A new trait for the Roman faction leader, that tells the player the mission that he has to accomplish

- New strat map models by LAca and Riczu:

- New Client Kingdom feature. Now some units will only be available through script

- New battle map lightning by Goth

- Player's formations by Marcus Camillus

- Recruitment of whole armies in a turn, now added to the Barbarian factions. Some of these factions can horde, too.

- New units by LAca:

- New units by Arbaces:

- New units by King Arthur:

- New units by King Louise Assurbanipal:

- And many more units...

Hope you enjoy and do not forget to turn on the advisor

About the mod:

Welcome to the world of 77BC: Twilight of the Republic, a new mod designed to be installed over a clean copy of BI 1.6.
    As you may guess the mod starts in 77BC. Why 77BC? Well the Roman Republic is entering the critical final phase in its long history. An incredible array of characters bestrides the stage as the fate of both Rome and the known world rests in the balance. This is the age of Cicero, Cato, Pompeius Magnus, Mithradates VI Eupator Dionysos, Tigranes the Great and the Marian rebel Quintus Sertorius.
    The Polybian Legions are gone forever and the res publica resorts to recruiting large numbers of proletarii in order to face its many foreign enemies. In the east Mithradates of Pontos is gathering a new army drawn from the peoples of both Europe and Asia, preparing once again to challenge Roman hegemony.
    In the meantime his son-in-law Tigranes the Great of Armenia is forging a huge empire and his armies campaign as far south as the border of the Hasmonaioi. If Tigranes’ power goes unchecked then the balance of power in the region might well tilt decisively against the res publica.
    A resurgent Parthia, fresh from successful campaigns against the Saka, is also a potential danger. Heavily armoured Cataphracts and swift horse archers represent a fearsome if ill-understood threat.
    In the west the migration of the Cimbri and Teutoni remains a terrifying collective memory. Rome warily eyes the peoples of Gallia Comata and the forests of Germania, alert to fresh dangers posed by a new generation of warriors.
    More pressingly internal discord weakens the very fabric of the res publica. Populares and optimates struggle to preserve their own narrow self-interests whilst in Hispania Marian exiles rally around Quintus Sertorius and large tracts of territory are now under their sway.
    What side will you take? Do you prefer to form a new empire and defend your homeland from Rome as the leader of the Arverni? Will you control the destiny of the last members of the Marian cause in Hispania? Do you want to throw the dice one last time for Pontos or will you endeavour to save the res publica with the Legions. So many choices to take, but only ONE faction will control the Mediterranean at the conclusion of 77BC: Twilight of the Republic.

Provisional Acknowledgements list for 77 BC-Twilight of the Republic:

77 BC Team:
    - Bucellarii and Imbecilicus Maximus: for giving historical accuracy to this modification, spending countless hours and making so good suggestions. Half the merit of 77 BC is yours.
    - King Arthur: for his support, his friendship and some state-of-the-art units. The Jews, Gauls and some Dacians are yours, as is the "Hispanic legion".
    - Anallein: master mapper and jack-of-all-trade. And for his support and initial help.
    - Empedocles: for bringing order to chaos.
    - Cloudos88: the most promising modder of this community who has helped a lot in this modification.
    - BadLT, Blokhoodf67, The New Ceasar, Cheerleader, Beanjitsu (list to be updated, sorry if I miss somebody): For restless beta-testing and the best feedback I could have got. And for tolerating with a smile some of my mistakes (Albino camels, anyone? )
    - For historical advice on Armenia and the Eastern Kingdoms and beta-testing: Sarkiss. The first person that ever sent a PM to me. I almost had a heart attack when it popped in my screen.
    - For more historical research: Darth Caesar. Where are you, mate?

- RTR and RTRPE past and present teams: for their superb work and for allowing me to modify it. Special thanks go to current leaders: Dark89 and Marcus Camillus and to Caius Britannicus.

- The FRRE team in general: for giving me shelter and support. And in particular:
    - Stuie: for offering me help and a place to set my camp. Your help in a million modding questions has been priceless. And you cannot imagine how proud I am of the title of "heir of FREE" that you gave to this project.
    - Orb: for the most ambitious modification for RTW: FRRE. And inspiration for this project, which we proudly expect to continue.

- The Europa Barbarorum team, for their inspiration in several subjects, their respect for historical accuracy and the courtesy of letting us use these units: eransahr arshtbara, Nizag Gund, Zhrada Phalavans, steppe foot archer suebishi, early yeuzhi nobles, eastern infantry sampul spearmen. The credit for creating these units must go to this EB Team members: Spartan Warrior, Kali, Alin, Epistolary Richard, Aymar de Bois Mauri. And my particular thanks to Teleklos Archelau for patiently dealing with me and answering so fast.

- LestaT: for making the mod_switch install for this mod. He had much more interesting things to do but he decided to help us. A thousand thanks, mate.

- King Louise Assurbanipal: for some impressive units for this mod. And

- Other great members of this community:
    - Marcus Camilus, again, for letting me use his 4TPY, player formations and Roman trait system.
    - Arbaces: for letting me use his Heirs of Atlantis modification plus some other impressive Dacian units. You are a model to follow, comrade.
    - LAca: for his impressive Numidian units.
    - King Louise Assurbanipal: for his breath-taking units.
    - Candelarius: for his support and some unit skinning.
    - Snake: for letting me use his interface. The Cadillac of interfaces, as someone said.
    - Maced0n: for packing Snake's interface.
    - Goth: for his new battle map lightning system.
    - Florin: for being always around when needed.
    - Ferres, GODzilla and Pinarius: for giving me permission to use their superb legion pack.
    - Attilla_Relloaded: for the superb Parthian units he created for TFT.
    - Epistolary Richard for inspiration with the mercenary script and scripted recruitment.
    - Darth Vader: your formations have been for so long with me that I had forgotten about you. Thanks for improving my battles.
    - Other Skinner's artwork: Warspite, Ferres, Webbird, Abu, Rico
    - HemilcoBarca and Turk: for their help and support. Your mods, Punic Total War and Diadochi Total War are going to rock, friends.
    - Vikrant from TWCenter, for information on India.
    - Mydraal, Epistolary Richard and anyone at totalwar.org and TWCenter.net who ever wrote a tutorial. Without you none of this would be possible.
    - The guys at the Spanish thread, for their support. In particular:
    - Caetratii, for teaching me how to modify the map and for some impressive new Cantabri units that will be previewed one of these days.
    - MonkWarrior: for helping me with "you know who" script and many other things.

- To SEGA and The Creative Assembly, for making this game. And for making it moddable.
    Last edited by Empedocles; July 07, 2007 at 03:16 PM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: 77 BC 2 - New Features

Well, the first one here ... my congrats to you all that you got this child out of the house finally

I'll for sure donwload it to get once more into the Roman mood
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Be sure to get a release announcement on the frontpage!

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Hey, DaVinci, as always I am really grateful for your support. Hope you enjoy the mod.

Looking very,very good

Busy!!!

Grüß Gott DaVinci!

Nice to hear from you again buddy.

Salvor also has a nice surprise up his sleeve that hardcore history buffs will really like

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
    Be sure to get a release announcement on the frontpage!
    I wanted to keep this (the frontpage announcement as a surprise) silent, but well, this is always "ordered" and will appear in a few days.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

That's always good to hear!

Best regards to all!

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

whoops, Been awfully busy lately, I will stop by later, sorry....lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    I wanted to keep this (the frontpage announcement as a surprise) silent, but well, this is always "ordered" and will appear in a few days.
    I will sacrifice a couple bottles of Cardhu at your sake, my friend

Darth, your feedback will be more than welcome whenever you have time

I don't want to be rude... but is it for me a good choice to download it . To be honest I was more a TFT player than a 77BC player.
    Although I think I will.

Q.

well. you will surely like playing it since it will allow you to play with several different roman commanders during the timeframe 77-58bc (and beyond...).

We have something under development that will see the light in few weeks probably that I'm sure you will like.
    It's more on the line of original TFT.... It starts in 58bc...

Quinctius Cincinnatus, I played the entire campaign, and its well worth it, non stop action and coupled with constant work needed on supplying the frontlines, its great.

Im in a bit of a carthage craze right now, I played with rome for too long I think, I still think a Hannibal/scipio mod would rock...lol

Whoops! How did I miss this news? Downloading version 2 now... :-)

Best of luck on the release guys! - just saw it on the front page.

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Excellent work

despite overwhelming obstacles at times, you emerge victorious!

well done

MCM

thank you guys!

all praises should be directed to Mr Salvor Hardin!
    (and everyone who helped in the project!!!)

best regards!
    Last edited by Empedocles; July 12, 2007 at 11:17 AM.

joshmc's Avatar Laetus

the game looks good but there is too much land covered in grey

Teleklos and MarcusCornelius, you honor this thread. Thanks to both of you for letting the FRRE team use many of the RTR and EB features. 77 BC exists thanks to both your work and your inspiration.

Joshmc, what can I say? The world of the late republic is a dark and dangerous place

MAXIMVS's Avatar Libertus

Icon14 Re: 77 BC 2 - New Features

Thanks you lot, what a great mod!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast