Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES

There is a new installer in the Download section now. It's only ~200MB, tested, and works perfectly. It will start the batch file for you...you almost don't have to do anything.

If you are having issues with RS1.5a, this is now the only supported installer. Download it and reinstall
    over a current install and it will fix any issues with the Mod itself. If it doesn't, then there is something wrong with your RTW install.
    Last edited by Squid; July 11, 2008 at 05:45 PM.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Default Re: IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES

thanks DVK that fixed it!
    How did you do it?
    I just installed the same patch with it again. and no more problems
    The new patch does have new stuff on it.
    like the border thing and turn options which are very cool and helpfull.
    I still like the 0 turn gives you a more feel of lots of stacks fighting an arny.
    thanks again

what is this downloader. where is it????
    To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

it is here link download:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65725

only full_install_1.10a...but hotfix114 come very soon!

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear297 View Post
    what is this downloader. where is it????
    Go to the main forum, and look in the 'Download' thread.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

i can t download rome surrectum110a from those 2 links
    pls help

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

That's because there's only 1.10b now, download that one instead.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

sorry i wanted to say from where do i get the Roma Surrectum mod?
    Last edited by sutter; October 17, 2007 at 12:13 PM.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I have 1.10b installed & I love it!

I also installed the 1.5 upgrade. Trouble is, I'm having a lot of crashes & game shut downs during battles. That's the only time there's a problem so I always save before any battle, but it's a pain in the a**!

I downloaded the 1.5 patch & this may seem like a stupid question but, what do I do with the "Data" folder that unzipped??? Do I just overwrite the "Data" folder that already exists or do I just copy the contents across or what?

Thanks for your help.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Install (i.e. extact the files) for 1.5 to the same location you installed 1.10b to.

Hello,

Now i know this technically is not a mod question, but, hear me out, it is directly related to my enjoyment of the 'surrectum mod. Anyway, here it is..

As i was eagerly downloading the new 1.5 sprite pack yesterday, the download was interrupted and stopped at around thirty percent complete. Now, when i try to download the pack again i get the error message "windows explorer cannot download.... the connection with server has been reset" I've tried monkeying around with my internet server settings as i fear this must be where the problem stems from, as i cannot download any other programs at the moment either, but to no avail. Any technical help on this problem would be most welcome. Thank you

Laetus

If your using a router for your internet connection that may be the problem, try downloading using a computer that does not use a router (is connected to phone line directly). If thats not the problem then I have no idea.

Hmm, i do use a wireless router, but it's never been a problem with downloads before. i know a computer whizz-kid so i'll ask him to have a look at it. Thanks for the advice all the same!

Ok, i have the new sprites pack downloading, have my fingers crossed that it's going to work! I didn't quite figure out what the technical issue was but by applying a well thought-out and practical approach to the problem, i kept hitting the download button until it surrendered and started the download, hopefully i'll be playing the version within the hiour. huzzah!

Icon4 Re: IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES

EDIT: Removed old link before other take it by mistake
    This link is not directing me to RS 1.5b!
    Last edited by Squid; July 11, 2008 at 05:47 PM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

First of all because there is no rs1.5b yet. Second because that's not the link in the main installer thread. Use that and install it.

MARK TROTH's Avatar Libertus

Hi all Iam a newby and trying to install my very frist mode
    Iam trying to install RS1.5a and I have just down loaded v1.3 and v1.5 but not shore if I have put them in the write folder. Iput them in my bi folder in RTW is that the write place
    untill I know that I can not go on and download RS1.5a please let me know. thanks all
    Trothy
    Last edited by MARK TROTH; August 03, 2008 at 02:35 AM.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MARK TROTH View Post
    Hi all Iam a newby and trying to install my very frist mode
    Iam trying to install RS1.5a and I have just down loaded v1.3 and v1.5 but not shore if I have put them in the write folder. Iput them in my bi folder in RTW is that the write place
    untill I know that I can not go on and download RS1.5a please let me know. thanks all
    Trothy
    First of all welcome to the forum.

When you install the patches just direct them to your 'game folder'. So, with the following structure the 'game folder' is 'Rome - Total War' (depending upon the version of RTW you have it could be 'The Creative Assembly' or 'Sega' in place of Activision).

C>Program Files>Activision>Rome - Total War

Under the 'game folder' will be a number of different folders (BI, Data etc). Also, in the game folder you should find the 'exes'. Don't direct the install to any of these folders unless the mod install instructions specifically states that is what to do.

The RTW 1.3 and RTW 1.5 patches are executables - you could put them in your game folder and run them from there or put them in a different folder somewhere and run them from there. When they are run the process may ask for the install location or will just patch a default location (if this happens make sure that the patch is applied to your game folder - some of the install messages will show which path is being used).

When you've patched RTW it may be ideal to test each stage by launching the game and making sure that you can start a campaign and start a custom battle. It's not essential to do this but it does mean that you know that step of the patching process has worked. The version number of the game is shown on the top right hand side of the options menu.

During a multiple step patching process I usually take a copy of the patched game into a different folder after each working step. If for some reason the next step fails for any reason and corrupts your install it should be a case of just replacing the corrupt version with the working one.

Once I've got a clean (unmodified) version of RTW 1.5 (and maybe RTW BI 1.6) I take a copy of that folder and apply any new mods to the copy rather than the original. This means that if I ever want to remove a mod I can do so without affecting RTW or other mods that have been applied.

Personally, I've set up a set of folders where I copy all my game downloads to. The following is a typical structure - there are other folders under RTW (as there are other folders under games.

C>UserName>Downloads>Games>RTW>RS

Anyway, hope that helps and gets you playing RS.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

MARK TROTH's Avatar Libertus

Thank you very much Brusilov, I will give it a try and see how I go. thanks again Trothy
    Trothy

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast