Thread: Combining SS with LTC

Default Combining SS with LTC

hey guys,

Stainless Stell is a hell of a mod, and one of my favorits. The only thing anoying me is the unit balance and disability of the ki to build proper armies ( faced armies only consisting of crossbows many times)

so it possible to combine this two mods in section unit balance and ai?

Default Re: Combining SS with LTC

what..? what game are you playing anyway, when i was playing byz, hungary, venice, slicily, and papal states SPAMED me with LOADS of knights, altho i destroyed all of the factions i mentioned above cept papal, which is not possible, but that's not that point. , so ya, how is that possible, i swear i think i only saw crossbow man once or twice?

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

milan used to spam me with one wave of pavise crossboman after another.
    and before they have acces to them, they attack me with spearman-only-armies. sicily on the other hand tries to overun me with armies only consisting of cavalry and archers - pretty stupid

anyway i tried LTC again and the balance is near perfect - especially the fact that 2-handers are balanced out. so anyone knows if it possible to combine the mods?

LTC is lands to conquer right..? The battle_model file, if it has any, you'll need to look through the mod workshop.. if you are also switching one of those txt files?? you'll also need this program called WinMerge, it's free and it can merge two txt together, but ya, that's all i know. The rest is up to you

thanks dude - im not really into modding but ill see if i can achieve something

well i think LTC and SS just presents another style of playing and should NOT be combined. While LTC focus more on longer campaign, SS presents dynamic game playing style.

i agree, it's going into two different paths. So you really can't combine that. Manually you can of course, but like BushVecny mentioned, it won't feel right

Shrug I like the economic changes lusted has done; but I really like the map changes of Stainless Steel.

Adding 30-40 provinces is just about right... enough to get some more historical results (ie croatia and serbia being separate areas), but not so much you are fighting over individual buildings

I am always torn between playing the two mods.