Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vatican 'indignant' over Belgium police raids

Default Re: Vatican 'indignant' over Belgium police raids

STOP. SAYING. OUR. BELIEFS. ARE. A. FANTASY...
    do you have any prove that it is NOT
    You are crossing a line, sir. Where's this famed tolerance you ing people wave around so much?!!!
    It stopped, when the church tried, too hide the damm thing
    Islamic, Semetic & Christian posters: We need to stand in solidarity here in order to defend our Faith. Maybe it's time Muslims stopped being the only ones to call Jihad...
    like good old times

Grrrrr...

But Muslims get to start reacting with outrage/call wars on people who say such things about God...Why do we have to sit here and take it from those who want to destroy God and his Church?

Quote Originally Posted by James Cook View Post
    do you have any prove that it is NOT
    like good old times

YOU have no PROOF the Church tried to hide anything!!! How DARE YOU try to ask for proof of God!!!

You are lucky the Inquisition is no longer here....
    Last edited by Darth Red; June 27, 2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: double posting

INQUISITOR - DEUS VULT!

But Muslims get to start reacting with outrage/call wars on people who say such things about God...Why do we have to sit here and take it from those who want to destroy God and his Church?
    by all means do the same, it will only make you look like Shiet, like the muslim nutt heads...be my guest

YOU have no PROOF the Church tried to hide anything!!! How DARE YOU try to ask for proof of God!!!
    yeah how dare I, may my soul burn in HELLLLL

well iam protestant so that BS we laid behind us a long time agoooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Emperador Carlos View Post
    How DARE YOU try to ask for proof of God!!!
    dude, are you for real?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by James Cook View Post
    It's one thing to not tolerate an institution, but another to deny someone an intrinsic right solely because of a belief.

Grrrrr...

Yeah, and look how people take them seriously. I'm not going to lecture you, but your zeal for defending your beliefs will often times hurt your cause than help it. I suggest taking this into the EMM where you can calmly form an argument and support it.

Edit: And for the love of God, STOP making these kind of statements:

I'll stop arguing against God the second I'm disproven'. I'm praying to God I eventually am.

I'm tired of it!

You show extreme disrespect for our views, and say it's free speech!

But when we try to respond to your Anti-theist warmongering, we're called Radicals!

No more. I am declaring war on Anti-theism. If you speak against the God of Abraham, the Lord Jesus, or the prophet Mohammed, I will (debate) you on the forum. I encourage all other defenders of the faith to do so!

I pray for you. I really do...
    Last edited by Darth Red; June 28, 2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: continuity

INQUISITOR - DEUS VULT!

iam most gratefull that you will pray for my soul...thank you

I'm tired of it!

You show extreme disrespect for our views, and say it's free speech!

But when we try to respond to your Anti-theist warmongering, we're called Radicals!

No more. I am declaring war on Anti-theism. If you speak against the God of Abraham, the Lord Jesus, or the prophet Mohammed, I will debate you on the forum. I encourage all other defenders of the faith to do so!

this is a gold mine. hell, this could even be El Dorado!
    Last edited by Darth Red; June 28, 2010 at 01:24 PM.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Quote Originally Posted by KayRim View Post
    It's one thing to not tolerate an institution, but another to deny someone an intrinsic right solely because of a belief.

Yeah, and look how people take them seriously. I'm not going to lecture you, but your zeal for defending your beliefs will often times hurt your cause than help it. I suggest taking this into the EMM where you can calmly form an argument and support it.

Edit: And for the love of God, STOP making these kind of statements:

Maybe you are right...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=369850

Here.

INQUISITOR - DEUS VULT!

Islamic, Semetic & Christian posters: We need to stand in solidarity here in order to defend our Faith. Maybe it's time Muslims stopped being the only ones to call Jihad...

You are 400 years too late, perhaps you should convert to Islam, they still seem to be fond of that century.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Grrrrr...

I bet you complained about the reaction to the Danish cartoon thing, didn't you? Listen to yourself. No need to get pissed off because you have devoted yourself to a fantasy led by a paedophile ring.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    I bet you complained about the reaction to the Danish cartoon thing, didn't you? Listen to yourself. No need to get pissed off because you have devoted yourself to a fantasy led by a paedophile ring.
    He doesn't believe in the Church, he believes in his God. The Church may or may not be a paedophile ring, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't respect Carlos's right to believe in his God. If he chooses to devote himself to the dream of everlasting life, then so be it. It is not up to you or I to judge him for it.

I do however think the Belgian police were justified. At least they didn't break open the tomb.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

The tomb was only searched after someone associated with the Belgian RCC specificallly mentioned the tomb as a likely hiding place. What was the police to do? Simply ignore it?
    The OM would've had their heads for that. And the OM is a bit higher in the legislative hierarchy than the RCC, which is only as high as I am: nowhere.

You just have to hear the numbers involved: over 500 abuse dossiers have been gathered by the Commission Adriaenssens in 2 months. 500!
    How could anyone even expect the OM to ignore that? Even if they're all too old to prosecute, we still need to know who the perpetrators were, to protect future victims.

And this Commission Adriaenssens is quite a farce actually. A Commission of the Church to investigate the Church, which has no legal powers what so ever? How the hell couldn't anyone in the RCC see that wouldn' fly.

cupoftea's Avatar Vicarius

Go Belgian police , we have to show the church that their behaviour can no longer be ignored!

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Yeah, but it's common courtesy to respect other people and their beliefs. If you don't, you're not really fit to live in society...
    No, it's not. It's common courtesy to tolerate them, and I think that the limits of society's tolerance are really being tested here.

Well, they are. There's not really any other way to put it.

Yeah you call your crusades. It's not going to make your beliefs any less incorrect, nor any less a thing of the past.
    I have approximate answers and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and many things I don’t know anything about. But I don’t have to know an answer. I don’t feel frightened by not knowing.
    - Richard Feynman's words. My atheism.

Dr Zoidberg's Avatar A Medical Corporation

No more. I am declaring war on Anti-theism. If you speak against the God of Abraham, the Lord Jesus, or the prophet Mohammed, I will debate you on the forum. I encourage all other defenders of the faith to do so!
    Do as I say or you'll regret it. How very Christian of you.
    Last edited by Darth Red; June 28, 2010 at 01:24 PM.
    Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

You are crossing a line, sir. Where's this famed tolerance you ing people wave around so much?!!!

I tolerate the fantasy just in the same way as I regard mentally ill people as treatable rather than something to be locked away and forgotten about. Just because I recognise it as fantasy doesn't mean I don't tolerate it; I don't discriminate against people because of their imaginary friends; I just privately think less of them but I don't let that manifest itself.

I look forward to the (debate).

This thread is nuts: I'm finding myself agreeing with people whom I try to have as little to do with as I can and now all atheists are having a fatwa declared against them.

This is the way the Catholic Church has been operating as of late: the best form of defence is indeed attack. Accusations of conspiracy theories in line with the Da Vinci Code and calling attacks on the Church akin to anti-Semitism. This débâcle just gets more pathetic with each passing day.
    Last edited by Darth Red; June 28, 2010 at 01:25 PM. Reason: continuity

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

magpie's Avatar Artifex

I find nothing wrong with the Belgium Police raid in the pursuit of possible criminal activities.
    Also any catholic is entitled to believe in what they perceive as the truth.
    Now regarding the present Pope and the Vatican state, Well they are kind of following a tradition of being unquestioned in their actions.
    Its been going on for a long time throughout history.
    They got used to being obeyed by Kings and governments!
    Now time and the modern age has caught up with them.
    It just may be wise when the next Pope is elected that the cardinals ponder this matter a little more deeply.
    Or maybe they will take the long view and think that this society of today is just a passing fad and things will return to the good old days.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Quote Originally Posted by JJDXB View Post
    He doesn't believe in the Church, he believes in his God. The Church may or may not be a paedophile ring, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't respect Carlos's right to believe in his God. If he chooses to devote himself to the dream of everlasting life, then so be it. It is not up to you or I to judge him for it.

I do however think the Belgian police were justified. At least they didn't break open the tomb.
    I respect his right to believe in a God. He just doesn't have any right not to be mocked.

The Catholic Church lost all credibility when it tried to hide what its members had been doing.

They should be treated as any other organization, when it comes to law and stopping criminal activities.
    Sons of Queen Dido, Warriors of Libye (EB AAR)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237765

A Carthagian AAR about the life of a Libyan Phoenician soldier in the army of Carthage, giving his own account and personal opinions of the battles and conquests Carthage undertakes.

I just know the epicness will blow your minds!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast