Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What games should we look at?

Default Re: What games should we look at?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    I wonder if Paradox has a "Paradox" only rule, like CA/SEGA does for TWC?
    Thats irrelevant for for the medium term - the TW affliate status is 100 times more important atm because we have already had it for ages.

There may be argument once the sites been setup about which is more important - other forums or Paradox affliate status (if it even exists), but untill there is enough interest soley in Paradox games, there needs to be 4 or 5 games which conribute to the site to a lesser extent.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

I wonder if Paradox has a "Paradox" only rule, like CA/SEGA does for TWC?
    No, they dont.

Also we dont even know if CA/SEGA has that, its just that people keep assuming without finding out for sure.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Also we dont even know if CA/SEGA has that, its just that people keep assuming without finding out for sure.
    In the criteria for Gold Affiliate status is a requirement to be a dedicated TW fansite.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

This issue should be discussed in other threads - we need to discuss what games (apart from Paradox) should have forums at the Paradox site - it is quite clear that Paradox games alone arnt good enough - there are only three main Paradox series.

I think that new threads should be started to discuss the merits of each game that has been mentioned - then we can put forward detailed reasons for our decisions in the next report.

Obvous games / series to be considered in futher detail are: Starcraft, the civ series, elder scroll oblivion, world in conflict (see thread: the reds are comming - in the CM), Blizzard, and a MMORG.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

I agree we should start a new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

In the criteria for Gold Affiliate status is a requirement to be a dedicated TW fansite.
    Do they count forums in with that as well? I mean we should find out if we have two separate main pages and joined forums if that is ok...

This issue should be discussed in other threads - we need to discuss what games (apart from Paradox) should have forums at the Paradox site - it is quite clear that Paradox games alone arnt good enough - there are only three main Paradox series.
    Paradox is associated with some other games so it would be easy to look at that first.

Sins of a Solar Empire (like a homeworld 3) and Galactic Civilization 2 are good to look at.

We need to discuss games a bit more than 'X looks good' etc - new threads should be started so we can discuss each game in detail.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Elrond
    We need to discuss games a bit more than 'X looks good' etc - new threads should be started so we can discuss each game in detail.
    I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

If you have a game that you think we should discuss on then start a thread on it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234