4 Turn Year

Uploaded by deadlyshadow187 - April 03, 2009
Author Author deadlyshadow187
File Size File Size 12.4 KB
Downloads Downloads 2,839
+ Download
4 YEAR TURN

General Info:
This is simply a mod i threw together for myself, i simply thought that maybe others would get some joy out of it, though the simplest answer to any negative comments, is simple, don't use it.

Other Info:
I will also be working on a technology stats overhaul, basically i find the current bonuses to low for my tastes, considering the amount of time and effort put into learning the tech, I think it should be a truly game changing situation, again though i will take thoughts and advice, but in the end this is for my own play style, plz keep that in mind.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Basic Log:
files changed include, building_level_required_technology_junctions_tables, building_levels_tables, technologies_tables, technology_required_technology_junctions_tables.

So put simply, any other mods that change these files, will conflict with this mod, if the mod your looking at doesn't say any file names, you can also go by any technology, or technology stats that are changed will conflict with this mod, also any changes with buildings, will also conflict.

Overview:
This mod dble's and triples all tech times, and some even more, example enlightenment, is a good 10 to 20% longer than everything else, i found that these are the techs that truly changed the world, they should take years to fully understand, these were discovery's of the mind, and of the world, not some silly engineering crap.

As far as building times, i simply dbled everything, for the most part i didn't really have an issue with any build times, though if anyone has suggestions on that, don't hesitate to say so.

Also i made the military, easily just barely dble what it was, i also completely restructured the military tree, simply to make light infantry doctrine, and also platoon firing lower in the tree, also completely redid the agriculture,
personally i hated how it felt so random, like they simply threw it together, so i made it all linked, and also made it so to learn the palatal estates, you are required to train another tech for it.

Installation:
This is in mod.pack form, meaning you will be required to use, Lt.Chambers file pack manager Download, also you will be changing, the startpos.esf, so it's best to back that file up.

(You can of course simply copy paste after you unzip the file, I've tried to make it as simple as possible)

Final Thoughts:
i do hope for feed back for the new building/technology times, i will try to get everyones thoughts and opinions on this mod, but in the end, I'm going more for balance and enjoyment, than any kind of realism mod.

Special Thanks: To LT.Chambers for making this all possible, also the modding community, for keeping this game alive, and of course TWC for allowing us to let are imaginations run wild.

Images

None

Comments

ST0MPA
April 13, 2009 at 04:23 PM
SO this has 4 years per turn ?
OSDEA7
April 19, 2009 at 07:16 PM
Sounds interesting but i have no idea what it takes to apply.

MTW II FILES are easy.Some people make auto zips that you just point in the right direction and others make zips to manually cut paste and place in oppropriate folders in the data file.I have no idea what you are referring to.
Archibold
September 09, 2009 at 11:04 AM
I like this mod, I certainly got some joy out of it. Thanks

Fantastic! Cheers
kevcc
January 03, 2014 at 05:31 PM
hi i really want to use this mod but im having problems! ive placed the mod in my data file and when i start the game from my mod manager (with the mod ticked) it starts then just crashes! now im only using 2 mods including this one! any help?