Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How to add new building slots upgrading cities - NEW

Default How to add new building slots upgrading cities - NEW

Here is the way to add new slots to cities. I've tested new slots and work o.k. and AI uses them without problems. You can add as many slots as you like but you have to make also the proper city model if you make a new one other than 1, 4 or 5 slots. we are assembling a team to change all cities and verybody is welcome to give a hand since it is going to be a long project.

In this tutorial we shall make Copenhagen a 5 slot city adding a navy-admin slot

Tools:

Esf Editor and esf2xml
    or
    Esf Total Editor

Info: You can make all the changes using only esf2xml tool. I've just used to work fast with the editors that is why I prefer to combine all available tools.

Since some links are broken, I've upload the needed files here (erasmus sheet is included in DataConv sheet): http://www.mediafire.com/download/d2...3/DataConv.zip

Working files:
    startpos.esf, regions.esf.

The changes in regions.esf are exactly the same so I copy this part from previous tutorial. If you had done the same conversion with old method you can just replace the slot_discriptions of your region from old file to your new one.

Moreover if you had not downgrade the x-major (you suppose not to) you can use it as it is.

A. startpos.esf changes:

1. Open startpos.esf with 1.4.5 editor, go in [...]CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIN_MODEL/WORLD/REGION_MANAGER/REGIONS_ARRAY/REGIONS_ARRAY, find the region denmark, right click, copy on REGION_MANAGER/REGIONS_ARRAY/ Denmark |REGIONS_ARRAY (Denmark), right click paste in REGION_MANAGER/REGIONS_ARRAY/ and delete old Denmark |REGIONS_ARRAY. Save and close editor.

2. Open again startpos but this time with 1.5 b. Go in CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIN_MODEL/CAI_INTERFACE/CAI_WORLD/CAI_WORLD_REGIONS, and find Denmark. Then proceed in [..]CAI_WORLD_REGIONS/CAI_REGIONS and note the number for Settlement CAI ID (highlighted in the image below). After that close the file.

3. Now open the file with 1.4.3 for the real heat... Go in REGIONS and open the first one which is Denmark. Go further in REGION/REGION_SLOT_MANAGER/REGION_SLOT_ARRAY/REGION_SLOT_ARRAY/ right click on first REGION_SLOT_ARRAY (army-admin) and clone to make our new slot. Leave the cloned as it is (the green one) we shall work on the first one.

a. In REGION_SLOT first line use a new ID for the new slot. Just use the very next number from the one that is there. Here I enter 586820561.

b. In second line change army-admin to navy-admin.

c. Go further in REGION_SLOT_ARRAY/ SIEGEABLE_GARISSON_RESIDENSE and type in 1st line the new ID.

d. Then go further in REGION_SLOT_ARRAY/ / BUILDING_MANAGER/BUILDING and in second line change the building, in this case I enter admiralty. Your changes should look so far:

If you want to add more slots just repeat step 3. Make sure that you use the right type of buildings slots and types. Look in old tutorial STEP 2.1. about it.

4. Now we have to enter the right coordinates because the city will change formation from square 4slot to cross 5 slot. To do this we need the basic coordinates of the city which can be found in REGIONS_ARRAY/REGION/SETTLEMENT/SIEGABLE_GARISSON_RESIDENCE, 10th (X) and 11th (Y) line. Open the attached erasmus777 spread sheet and enter these values in the first table of the sheet, in B5 and in C5. We have all the coordinates for the 5 buildings, the road and the fortification. You have to enter them (copy/paste) in the REGION_SLOT, in the 5th and 6th line of every building we've made, plus ROAD_SLOT and FORTIFICATION_SLOT, because they also change place a bit after the enlargement of the city. Save the file.

Info: In case of making a 4 slot major city use this attached spread sheet to calculate the coordination of the new 4slot major city.

Up to here the procedure was known at least to those that had tried the former way of conversion. Since the next steps are new we shall save here our file to make the changes in regions.esf and we shall come back to finish with startpos. Save and close the file.

B. Regions.esf changes

Open the file with EsfEditor 1.4.3 and in root/region_data/regions find the region of the city you are converting (Denmark in this case). In regions/settlement_and_slots/slot_descriptions clone the first slot_descriptions. In the first slot_descriptions change the …..: settlement_army-admin in the first and second line with settlement_navy-admin. Repeat the same if you are adding more slots. Now open the erasmus777 spread sheet and enter in B26 and C26 of the second table the basic coordinates. Here, they are in regions/settlement_ and_slots in the first line (X);(Y). Place the coordinates in slot_descriptions 3rd and 4th line (should be the same) of every one of the 5 buildings plus the road and fortification slots.

Save the file.

C. Assigning a new CAI_BUILDING_SLOT in startpos.

Last think is to assign a new CAI_BUILDING_SLOT so new building can be upgraded.

1. Open startpos with 1.4.3 and go in CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIN_MODEL/CAI_INTERFACE/CAI_WORLD/CAI_WORLD_ SETTLEMENT and find your settlement using the ID we've noted in step A.2. In this case it is 2546. Go further in CAI_WORLD_ SETTLEMENT/ CAI_ SETTLEMENT, right click on it, Export, give a name and a location to be exported. I call it CAISET.esf and I export it on my desktop.

2. Proceed in CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS below and go in existing city slots. Since the CAI SETTLEMENT Id is XXXX (2546) then XXXX-1 XXXX-2 should be fortifications and roads slots and XXXX-3, XXXX-4, XXXX-5, XXXX-6 should be the existing 4 building slots, thus 2543, 2542, 2541, 2540. If you upgrade a minor city you'll find only one the XXXX-3. I go in 2540 which is the army slot I've cloned to make the new one (I can see that because in CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS/ CAI_BUILDING_SLOT there is the 9 digit Id 58682056
    0 Step A.3.a).

3. Right click on CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS 2540(not CAI_BUILDING_SLOT), copy, right click on [...]CAI_WORLD/CAI_BUILDING_SLOTS so the copy will be first on the list.

In our new copy CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS I change 2540 to 1002540. I use to place 100 in front of old Ids to produce new unique ones (if I add more slots I use 101XXXX 102XXXX and so on). And in CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS /CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOT I type the right new 9 digit Id58682056

4. Save the file but do not exit. Open it again go on [...]CAI_WORLD/CAI_BUILDING_SLOTS, right click on CAI_BUILDING_SLOTS and export it. I name it CAIBUL.esf and export it on desktop. What we want to do with CAISET and CAIBUL is to convert to xml, make some changes and then import them back to startpos.

5. After I've done with conversions I open CAISET.xml and I add my new CAI building slot entering new CAI Id in the highlighted spot in image below:

Your settlement will be the only one at the end of the xml after the structure if startpos.esf.
    CAIBUL folder will have all cai building slots of startpos in separate folders. But I know I've placed mine first on the list so Open the first folder to make my changes. There are 3 Binary lines that I need changed. All 3 of them have the same number 56042. First one is paired with 0 in line 13 and I delete both. Second is paired with 54292 in line 17 and I delete only 56402. Never delete the second number here because it is connected with the owner faction. Third is in line 24 alone and I delete it also from there.

6. I convert back Xml to esf. I open my startpos and in the same instance CAISET.esf and CAIBUL.esf.

7. I go in CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIN_MODEL/CAI_INTERFACE/CAI_WORLD/CAI_WORLD_ SETTLEMENT I find Denmark (2546). I expand also CAISET.esf, right click on CAISET.esf/ CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS, copy, right click on CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS paste. Right click on CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS/ CAI_SETTLEMENT (the old one) and delete. Repeat for cai building slot: Expand CAIBUL.esf right click in CAIBUL.esf/CAI_BUILDING_SLOTS/CAI_BUILDING_SLOTS (first one 1002540) copy, right click on [...]CAI_WORLD/CAI_BUILDING_SLOTS paste so it is now the first one in list. Delete the second one (it is the old 1002540).

Save the file, make sure that you use the right regions.esf and test.

Make a 4 slot to 5 slot does not require a change to fortifications but if you make a minor major then you have to, so the fortifications are visible. You have to mode main/campaign_map_settlements in ETW/data folder and change the original number of building slot with the converted new one. Download the attached file conversion_patch decompress and copy it to ETW/data. With Pack Manager open data/main.pack and find in campaign_map_settlements the 2 lines of your converted cities (you can export and open TSV with a spread sheet). Open with Pack Manager conversion_patch.pack. In conversion_campaign_map_settlements are the entries for Hannover and Venice that used in the old tutoriall. Replace them with the entries of your city as you found them in data/main.pack.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    In this tutorial is presented the way to convert a minor city to a major one.

The tutorial is based on 22/6 Startpos.esf v1.3.0 Build

Credits
    demis14 tutorial I should not be able to find out the way of this conversion without his work on adding 5th building slot to a 4 slots city.
    erasmus777for his helpful tool and his ideas.
    Just for his editor and koras321, alpaca for the later development.
    All the friends of this thread for their ideas.

Known issues
    None.
    (The new step (5) that added in the tutorial fixes the issue with the fortifications of the converted cities)

Tools
    EsfEditor

erasmus777 spread sheet.
    DataConv spread sheet that I made and is attached in this tutorial. It helps me doing the right changes and since startpos.esf allows copy/paste the cell content to/from a spread sheet it speeds up also the procedure.

Working files
    We shall mod the startpos.esf and regions.esf files so take a backup.
    Startpos.esf can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main. And regions.esf in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaign_maps\global_map.

Main idea
    The main idea is to to convert first a 5 building slot major city to minor and borrow the necessary ID's we need for our new major city.

The procedure

In this example we shall convert the minor city of Hannover to a major one, converting first Venice in a minor city. Let's mod 'n roll....

1. major to minor

STEP 1

The CAI id's for both settlements Hannover and Venice must be found. It will take sometime to find them. Go in CAMPAIN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIN_MODEL/CAI_INTERFACE/CAI_WORLD/CAI_WORLD_REGIONS find the regions that these cities belong to. You can find them by checking the name of the region in CAI_WORLD_REGIONS/CAI_REGION 11th line.In 3rd line there is the CAI Id you are after. For this tutorial suppose that the Id's are 2360 and 2377. Open the datconv sheet and note these values as I've done with Hannover and Venice.

Now we shall fill the data of the lending city (red cells) and we shall have the informations (blue cells) we need for the conversion.

STEP

Open the statpos.esf file and go to CAMPAIN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIN_MODEL/WORLD/REGION_MANAGER/REGIONS_ARRAY/REGIONS_ARRAY and find the region with the lending city (Venice). Here is a list order with all regions thanks to Gerlandric's work.

When you find your region expand the first REGION_SLOT under REGION/REGION_SLOT_MANAGER/REGION_SLOT_ARRAY/REGION_SLOT_ARRAY/. The first region slot is for the army-admin building. The table in the right window has in the first line the building slot ID which you have to copy in C10 of dataconv sheet (it will be appeared also in C4). From the second line copy army-admin in D10. From REGION_SLOT_ARRAY/REGION_SLOT/BUILDING copy army_encampment to E10. Do the same for the 3rd, 4th and 5th REGION_SLOT with culture, navy-admin and ordnance. If everything is o.k. so far the dataconv sheet should look like this:

If any building type is not available (as in Venice there was not admiralty built yet) there will be no sub-record in BUILDING underBUILDING/MANAGER. In this case type the building by yourself. You can find all types of building in main.pack/db/building_levels_tables, using PackManager. Now we have everything we need for our building slots except CAI. Before find them we have still to do some more changes here.

When you are sure that everything is done delete the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th record with the city building slots except that of government (2nd).

Last thing is to change the coordinates of the government building plus ROAD_SLOT and FORTIFICATION_SLOT. To do this copy the basic settlement's coordination from REGIONS_ARRAY/REGION/SETTLEMENT/SIEGABLE_GARISSON_RESIDENCE, 10th (X) and 11th (Y) line to REGION_SLOT of the government building slot in 5th (X) and 6th (Y) line (see pic above). Then copy them in the dataconv sheet in C16 and E16. From there you can copy the coordinates to ROAD_SLOT and FORTIFICATION_SLOT , in 5th (X) and 6th (Y) line.

Save the game.

2. minor to major

STEP 1

This time go to REGION/REGION_SLOT_MANAGER/REGION_SLOT_ARRAY/REGION_SLOT_ARRAY/ of the minor region that is going to be converted (Hannover). Here in the first REGION_SLOT_ARRAY/REGION_SLOT is the only city building slot of a minor city. In the right window, the first line is the building slot ID (as you already know), the second the type of building, the 5th and 6th the coordinates of its place in the city. The 8th line is for the small civilian buildings that surround the city and we shall leave it as it is. If you want to change it must be always the same number in the 5 city buildings, in road, in fortification slots (8th line entry) and in REGION_SLOT_ARRAY/SETTLEMENT in 1st line entry. We need 4 more records for the new buildings, so right click on the 1st REGION_SLOT_ARRAY and clone it 4 times.

Now with help of dataconv sheet we shall make the 5 building slots of our new major city.

1. Government building.
    First we have to change the minor government building to a major one. In the first
    REGION_SLOT leave the slot ID as it is, there is no need to change it. In hannover's case is 696906204. In the second line change only the last word from settlement:hannover:hannover:settlement_minor to settlement:hannover:hannover:settlement_government. In BUILDING_MANAGER/BUILDING change the building type in the second line. I entered governors_mansion.

2. Army building.
    In the second
    REGION_SLOT (first cloned) change ….:settlement_minor to ….:settlement_army-admin (D4).
    Copy the building slot ID from C4 (696954148) to the 1st line.
    In SIEGEABLE_GARISSON_RESIDENSE copy again in the first line army ID slot 696954148 (C4).
    And in BUILDING_MANAGER/BUILDING enter in the second line the army building type you want. I entered army_encampment (E4).

3. Culture building
    Now that you are more familiar with the procedure go to the third slot (second cloned) and make these changes:

.....settlement_minor to ….:settlement_culture (D5).
    REGION_SLOT, building slot ID ID from C5
    SIEGEABLE_GARISSON_RESIDENSE, building slot ID fromC5
    BUILDING_MANAGER/BUILDING:
    opera_house (E5)

4. Navy-admin building
    .....settlement_minor to ….:settlement_navy-admin (D6).
    REGION_SLOT, building slot ID ID from C6
    SIEGEABLE_GARISSON_RESIDENSE, building slot ID from C6
    admiralty (E6)

5. Ordnance building
    .....settlement_minor to ….:settlement_ordnance (D7).
    REGION_SLOT, building slot ID ID from C7
    SIEGEABLE_GARISSON_RESIDENSE, building slot ID from C7
    cannon_foundry (E7)

STEP 2

Now we've made the building slots, we shall place the right coordinates because the city will be bigger and we want to put them in the right place. To do this we need the basic coordinates of the city which can be found in REGIONS_ARRAY/REGION/SETTLEMENT/SIEGABLE_GARISSON_RESIDENCE, 10th (X) and 11th (Y) line. Open erasmus777 spread sheet and enter these values in the first table of the sheet, in B5 and in C5. Now we have all the coordinates for the 5 buildings, the road and the fortification. You have to enter them (copy/paste) in the REGION_SLOT, in the 5th and 6th line of every building we've made, plus ROAD_SLOT and FORTIFICATION_SLOT, because they also change place a bit after the enlargement of the city. Save the file.
    EDIT:
    In case of making a 4 slot major city use this spreed sheet to calculate the coordinations of the new 4slot major city.

STEP 3

Every new BUILDING_SLOT we made by cloning in STEP 3 for the new buildings of the converted major city, must be connected with a unique CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOT to be able to be upgraded (the CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOT of the government building is already in place since it belonged to Hannover). The 4 CAI records of he new buildings exist too, but they are connected with the former owner settlement (Venice 2077). The settlement owner ID must be changed to Hannover's settlement ID (2359). We don't know the CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS ID of the new buildings but we can find them easily.
    In CAMPAIN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIN_MODEL/CAI_INTERFACE/CAI_WORLD/CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS/ every CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS ID has a number that is close to the number of the CAI_SETTLEMENT where it belongs. If you expand one and then click in CAI_BUILDING_SLOT you can see in the right window in the first line the BUILDING_SLOT ID, in the second a code for the type of the building (for city building slots should be always 0), and the CAI_SETTLEMENT ID that belongs to.

So in my case I have first to find the CAI_BUILDING_SLOT's of Venice. I am searching for the CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS records with the closest numbers in 2077.Expanding every near record and left click on the CAI_BUILDING_SLOT I found that CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOT 2069,2070, 2071, 2072, 2073are these I need. They have the right BUILDING_SLOT ID (C3-C7) in first line, 0 in the second and 2077 in the third. The only think that needs to be done is to change 2077(Venice) to 2359 (Hannover), except for the 2070 CAI_BUILDING_SLOT, which we don't change it (Venice's left government building). The same should be happened in the other three borrowed CAI_BUILDING_SLOTS. Change the CAI_SETTLEMENT ID of the old owner settlement with the CAI_SETTLEMENT ID of the city you convert.

Save the file, we've done with startpos.esf.

STEP 4

Last step is to make some changes in regions.esf file. Open the file with EsfEditor and in root/region_data/regions find the region of the city you are converting (Hannover). In regions/settlement_and_slots/slot_descriptions clone 4 times the first slot_descriptions. In the first slot_descriptions change the …..: settlement_minor in the first and second line with settlement_government. Repeat the same with the 4 cloned slots you've made, changing settlement_minor to: settlement_army-adminsettlement_ordnance settlement_culture settlement_navy-admin, in both lines of every slot. Now open the erasmus777 spread sheet and enter in B26 and C26of the second table the basic coordinates. Here, they are in regions/settlement_ and_slots in the first line:(X);(Y). Place the coordinates in slot_descriptions3rd and 4th line (should be the same) of every one of the 5 buildings plus the road and fortification slots.

Save the file.

STEP 5

To change the wrong way that fortifications of the converted cities are shown in the campaign map (major city with minor fortifications and vice versa) we have to mode main/campaign_map_settlements in ETW/data folder and change the original number of building slot with the converted new one. Download the attached file conversion_patch decompress and copy it to
    ETW/data. With Pack Manager open data/main.pack and find in campaign_map_settlements the 2 lines of your converted cities (you can export and open TSV with a spread sheet). Open with Pack Manager conversion_patch.pack. In conversion_campaign_map_settlements are the entries for Hannover and Venice that used in this tutorial. Replace them with the entries of your cities as you found them in data/main.pack.
    To activate new mod: a) If you use Mod Manager just mark the box by it's name b) If you don't, then edit the file user.empire_script in C:/Users/Eg/AppData/Roaming/The%20Creative%20Assembly/Empire/scripts/ and add in first available line: mod "conversion_patch.pack"; It wiil not conflict with any other mods.

It looks a little complicated but if you are a little bit careful and patent can be done. If you want also to have activated the emerged port of Hannover in the beginning of the campaign see here. Also you can change one of the towns to be a college. Just go in REGION_SLOT of the town and change the second line of BUILDING to college. In this way you can have the basic facilities that will help you to build your empire. Unfortunately it is not possible to add new towns, production facilities, etc (yet..). Don't forget to keep a back up of the two files (startpos.esf and regions.esf) in case you want to play again in the future with the same faction.

Since some links are broken, I've upload the needed files here (erasmus sheet is included in DataConv sheet): http://www.mediafire.com/download/d2...3/DataConv.zip

Enjoy!
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 20, 2016 at 07:39 AM. Reason: UPDATED

Default Re: How to convert a minor city to a major one

THANK YOU!!!!

Once the bugs you mentioned are fixed this will b great!!

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    in the 6th and 7th line of every building we've made and to ROAD_SLOT and FORTIFICASON_SLOT, because they also change place a bit after the enlargement of the city. Save the file.
    isnt it the 5th and 6th entries?

EDIT: I want to give you rep but I have already

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    Last edited by Pikemen; May 28, 2009 at 11:11 PM.
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

This is great +rep

One thing though, I want to add a unique government building to Hannover instead of the generic (and boring) one - let's say Austria's Hofburg. How is this done?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikemen View Post

isnt it the 5th and 6th entries?
    Yes, I've corrected that, thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by ministry View Post
    This is great +rep

One thing though, I want to add a unique government building to Hannover instead of the generic (and boring) one - let's say Austria's Hofburg. How is this done?
    Probably it can be done but this is a matter of modding the db tables.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 29, 2009 at 03:26 AM.

Hi, thanks for all the good work you've put in here.

I was wondering if you only can change player controlled minor cities to mayor ones. I have a starpos which enables me to play as Norway, but i start with Sweden's home region and the swap it the first turn for Norway to rid off the FOW and no head of state problems.

I then wondered if this has anything to do with me not beeing able to get this thing to work. When I tried your tutorial i only opened my game, saved it at the began editing. So i edit a region which is not my own if you know what I mean. I done i twice and double checked everything.

Would it help if swapped the regions before I start editing or is it just me who is a long lost case?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
    Hi, thanks for all the good work you've put in here.

I was wondering if you only can change player controlled minor cities to mayor ones. I have a starpos which enables me to play as Norway, but i start with Sweden's home region and the swap it the first turn for Norway to rid off the FOW and no head of state problems.

I then wondered if this has anything to do with me not beeing able to get this thing to work. When I tried your tutorial i only opened my game, saved it at the began editing. So i edit a region which is not my own if you know what I mean. I done i twice and double checked everything.

Would it help if swapped the regions before I start editing or is it just me who is a long lost case?

Thanks
    Sorry, I am a bit confused with your informations . You could help me if you post again:
    1. which faction do you play with
    2. what region you want converted

Hi, I play with Norway and would like if Christiania could become a major city.

Hi, I play with Norway and would like if Christiania could become a major city.
    Now I've got it. So, it is the case that has been activated an emerged faction (Norway). Demis14 was successful in his mod about Greece but Athens is already a 4 slot city and only naval building need to be added. Also there the conversion took place in startpos.esf file and not in a saved game. Normally you should be able to do it. Check again the random ID building slots you've created and that you have entered the same ID in REGION_SLOTand SIEGEABLE_GARISSON_RESIDENSE of every building slot in RIGION_ARRAYS. If eveything is o.k. change them (change the last 5 digits to 99999, 99998, etc. You have to change the CAI_BYUILDING_SLOTS also), just to be sure that there is no conflict with an existing ID of other building/faction. The last thing I could propose is to try again in startpos.esf file this time.

Thanks for all your help husserITW.

I've been able to fix the problem and everything is working like a charm. Looks like there might have been a problem with the startpos file I used first, so i got me a "fresh" one.

Would rep you if I could.

Thanks for all your help husserITW.

I've been able to fix the problem and everything is working like a charm.
    I am glad you enjoy it, that's the best rep.

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

I cant figure out why my city looks like this...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    I cant figure out why my city looks like this...
    Probably you have left the 8th entry of the new buildings in region_slot with 0. Enter a number between 1-5. See tutorial STEP 1 at the end of the first paragraph.
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 01, 2009 at 06:14 AM.

Ive changed it . It was set to 1, so i set it to 2 and still the same. Im just going to mess around with it some more

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    Ive changed it . It was set to 1, so i set it to 2 and still the same. Im just going to mess around with it some more
    Have in mind it should be also the same number in road, fortification slots (8th line entry) and in REGION_SLOT_ARRAY/SETTLEMENT in 1st line entry.

doh ..i didint change the settlement one. Ill try that when i get home...thanks

I've noticed that Virginia and Philadelphia CAI_SETTLEMENT IDs are wrong in demis14 list. The right values are Virginia 3336 and Philadelphia 3352. If somebody wants to make Virginia a major city and make another major US city minor will not have the exiting bug. Pm me for more details because the procedure is a little different. I've already made the files for Virginia, Hannover and Copenhagen with admiralty.

1. VIRGINIA 1: I've made Virginia the capitol and Philadelphia a minor city. No exiting bug.
    2. VIRGINIA 2: Just made Virginia a major city
    Both of them are based on Late GC No FOW 8 Turns

3. HANNOVER and DENMARK are based on All Factions Unlocked No FOW

Download and extract the files, make a buck up for future use, put the saved game and region files into their directories, start the game in the game menu load the saved game. Please, feed back.

Thanks for the Virginia file Husserl

EDIT: where do I put the files? I know where to put the Regions file but not the other one, and can I get a copy of the Start pos. you used?

Thanks,
    Roman Legate
    Last edited by Roman Legate; June 02, 2009 at 09:02 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Carthage Must Fall"
    - Cato The Elder

The Unstoppable Roman Legion
    Swords, Spears and Barbarians Historian
    A ETW mod
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've updated the tutorial adding more instructions about finding the saved games folder in WinXp also.

I have noticed that the files you made above are in save. files.. Is it possible to just use the start pos. and not the save file?
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pikemen View Post
    I have noticed that the files you made above are in save. files.. Is it possible to just use the start pos. and not the save file?
    No, because these kind of changes in startpos will lead to crashes. Thats why the tutorial is based in save game file changes and not startpos. All the changes are made before the first turn so there is no difference. Why do you prefer to have several startpos (which is about 20 Mb bigger) than several saved games?
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 03, 2009 at 02:33 PM.

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast