Thread: [RTW AAR] Pontic Wars !(completed)!

Icon7 [RTW AAR] Pontic Wars !(completed)!

"Pontic Wars"

Difficulty:hard/hard
    unit scale:large
    battle time limit:yes
    Player Manages All Settlements:On
    faction:house of Scipii

intro
    It start in 210 BC in the summer,when I declare war upon the Pontic States,
    I have already conqerd Africa know I want to conquer Anatolië thats controled by the Pontic States.
    I will get Antolië for the glory of Rome and the senate,the Pontic states will be destroyed.

story

Pontic wars (part I)

I am know the most advanced faction,
    I can use that for my war agains the Pontic States.

Pergamum is besieged,reinforcements will be there in 2 years,until that time my soldier will defend that city,
    If I can hold Pergamum I can assemble and attack from there.

The attacked my ships to get there port open for trade,I need to stop and block again there ports or else I am never gonna win this war.

Defeat it's hard to accept,but a lose know will be a won battle next time.
    I will need to build more ships to match his navy.

My city is under siege by one huge Pontic army,my soldiers don't fear the enemy the are ready to defend Romen lands,
    but it seems the Pontic States want the city verry badly,the have sent a other army to Pergamum,and know my soldiers are thinging "Can we win this battle ?" I trust my soldiers that are stationd there the will defend that city until the last Scipii soldier is dead.

The reinforcements will be there shortly,wit general Tiberius Tiberius in command of a army that will add Pergamum before it's to late,he is to my grandson.
    Gerneral Tiberius is a young general full of dreams and ideas,but know I need his skills to bead the Pontic enemy,afterall I intrust him with a huge army so I hope he is loyal that he is not gonna get bribed.

This is gonna be a epic battle it seems,2 huge armies vs me a handfull of soldiers thats not fair.
    They Pontic States are stuipit to think the can get the city hahahaha,never my soldiers are save behind there walls my archers will burn them,my soldiers that are waiting insite will have no problem killing hundreds of Pontic soldiers.

the lauched there attack god be with us,I hope the captain in charge is a great tactician.
    I don't have a family member present,they have I will still win I am the defender the mostly win.

Here is there faction leader that gonna lead the army,he has many traits and retinue but he forgot something to bring a worthy army,he is gonna lose I can smell it.

I am gonna defend the plaza,the enemy are with to many to try and defend the walls.
    I have only deployed the archers on the walls to deal with there towers.

more coming soon.
    rep me thanks
    Last edited by webMaster412160; June 01, 2009 at 12:11 PM.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Default Re: [RTW AAR] Pontic Wars

good start but you need bigger pictures.
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

Junius's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

I would suggest you abandon the 'Messenger' and 'Faction Leader' dialogue thing you have going. It does not make for interesting reading. You do not need a story, but adopt a narrative structure, with you giving reasons for your actions. Right now it is a rather poor AAR.
    Proud to be under the patronage of Calvin.
    Patron of Lysimachus

Watercress's Avatar Praeses
    Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions

I have a tip. just before you post it, find a grammar and spelling checker, and paste your entire post into it. it really helps.

SonOfAlexander's Avatar I want his bass!
    Citizen

Yeah, try making it sound a bit more... fluent, yes?

Pics would be nice bigger and I agree with Fergusmck, but it's actually a more original idea than many would give it credit for...
    Please come see the BAARC
    Proud Member of the Critic's Quill & ES content staff
    Under the benificient and omniscient patronage of Carl Von Döbeln
    Bono: "Let me tell you something. I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years, and tell me about the 'Resistance', the 'Revolution' 'back home'. The 'glory' of the revolution, and the 'glory' of dying for the revolution. F *** THE REVOLUTION!!!"
    Ariovistus Maximus: "Google supplieth all."
    [Multi-AAR] Caelus Morsus Luminius

Citizen

Master requested that I give an example of what I meant in my first post. I do not write straight up narratives, I would prefer to develop a story and characters. So, I am going to write both, just because.

1st try:

'My' faction, the Scipii, are the most advanced in the world. Yet, we are not powerful. I decide to upgrade my military buildings, in preparation of the imminent Pontic Campaign. We rule all of Africa, excepting Egypt. The Pontics have control of Asia Minor, having wiped out the Seleucids, the Greek City States and the Macedonians. Since this campaign will be fought from across the Mediterranean Sea, we need a powerful navy to help ferry troops across. I invest my large treasury in ships and military buildings then, and begin recruiting some powerful armies.

The first conflict between the powerful Pontics and Scipii (Scipiones, but I am being pedantic) was at Pergamum. The Pontics advanced with a large army to siege it. I had a veteran force there, but it was too small to sally forth and defeated the Pontics. I decided to wait behind the walls, while I sent reinforcements from other cities near Pergamum. At the same time as this I also went on the offensive against the Pontics, blockading their Black Sea port. They responded with a large navy, and my blockading force, consisting of only one ship, was soundly beaten. I reckoned that I would need to stop the money coming into the Pontic treasury by halting their trade, if I were to win this war. I built up a larger naval force, and once it was ready sent it out to defeat the Pontic ships and stop any sea trade coming into or out of their ports.

--------------------------------------

How I would write it:

The messenger walked into the highly vaulted hall. The Scipii family had risen from their roots as farmers on the Alban Hills to become conquerors and master of Africa. It had started with Carthage, that old enemy of Rome, and as the messengers quick feet echoed off the stone Basillica he thought of the many enemy souls dispatched to the underworld. The Scipii were rightly feared, both as a military and political force. Along with the Julii and the Brutii they ruled Rome. With a dominion stretching from the Atlantic to the banks of the Nile there was only one nation that could stand against the might of the Scipii. All these thoughts fluttered past the messenger as he approached the Tribunal, and walked up the stone steps to the Pater Familias. The white haired man sat there, in the purple lined toga of a Consul, reading dispatches from all corners of his extensive princedom. His skin was wrinkled, and his voice was old, but still his eyes shone with that blue intensity that had wooed many of the young women of Rome when this Cornelius Scipio had been a younger man. The Conqueror of the Carthaginians and the Berbers looked up as the requested messenger reached his seat.

'You come at last' he croaked, before clearing his throat and taking a sip of wine from the always present goblet, 'I have some orders I want you to write up and send to my governors'. His voice was now much clearer, and it had an echo of a childhood spent in the volcanic Alban Hills, among the rustic farmers and shepherds. On this last statement, the messenger, a young man, swung his tablet from his hip, opened it up, and pressed his stylus into the wax, ready to take down whatever this feared and respected elder statesman said. 'The Pontics are acting suspiciously. They would not be so amicable and diplomatic to us, unless they were planning something. I want drill squares constructed, with archery butts and stables for the calvary. If they want a fight, we will give it to them. Their navy is also strong, and they will pay for any war with the money they get from their sea trade. I want dry docks made ready, and ships built, lots of ships. Asia Minor is a rich prize, and if we can take it before that spiteful dullard Junius Brutus, we will be in a much stronger position to secure our hold on Rome.' Cornelius lifted a finger, and the messenger looked up from his tablet. 'You can leave that last bit out', Cornelius grinned at the messenger and gave him a quick wink, he still had some of his youthful playfulness left it seemed.

--------------------------------------

The names are of course made up. If you are going to follow the first idea, here are some pointers. Every decision is not important. You do not need to tell us why you built roads in a certain province. This it the Pontic Wars, so write about the Pontic wars. Battles are important, so try and take screen caps of them and describe what you are doing, and why you are doing it. You should also give names to your generals. This just makes the whole read much 'friendlier' and we can begin to support them. Put your text through a spell checker and grammar checker. Since English isn't your primary language, this is all the more important. It makes it look more professional, and will make reading it easier. Lastly, have fun, and enjoy your campaign/writing. If you enjoy doing it, others will enjoy reading it.
    Patron of Lysimachus

Citizen

The new updated text is good. It shows a willingness to change and revise what you have written. All it takes now is practice, and you'll get better as you continue to write your AAR. I like it.
    Patron of Lysimachus

Pontic wars (part II)

"The battle for Pergamum"

(aim and fire archers)

There siege tower is closing to my wall,I can't set it one fire,dam.

The Pontic soldiers are getting much casualties,because of my fast shooting towers.

The siege tower is know against the wall,
    the archers are firing at the other enemy units.

The Pontic spear men are weak,but effective against the archers.
    The archers at my walls are lost and gett kilt piece by piece.

There morale is gone there broken there fighting for there lives,
    none of them will survive the battle.

A look here my leading general of the battle,he will inspire my troops,
    and rush rooting enemy's down.

There are only 2 way's to enter the plaza,and both of them are well guarded,
    the will never win,the Pontics have already got many casualties.

Look here while my soldiers are waiting to fight,the enemy soldiers are getting kilt piece by piece,
    my towers do a good job here,easy for me.

They soldiers stand ready to charge the enemy.

Here is there faction leader "Aspurgus" a strong and worthy enemy,
    the bodyguard of Aspurgus are strong,the Scipii soldiers are getting much casualies.
    but Aspurgus is losing it his soldiers die around him and soon,

he dies to,the leader of the Pontic States,he was a smart and strong enemy.
    It was unwise,
    to go into battle against me.

There leader is gone but still the are fighting and killing my soldiers,
    the captain moves him and 2 other units so if the enemy got past the battle line,the still would have to deal with him.

The last of the enemy units are rooting out of my city I have won "I told you so",
    know I charge with my calvary to hunt down the last of the surviving enemy's.

A HEROIC VICTORY I kilt 2007 Pontic scum,they kilt 277 Scipii soldiers,I lost good soldiers in this battle.

Here are they reinforcements the are more then welcome,
    Tiberius Tiberius the general of the army also the grandson of the Emperor himself.
    "I have great plans with him"

Here you can see the young general to the left corner of the family tree.
    He is 18 years and is gonna make a great military career.

here you see some traits of him,he is gonna be importent he will keep the morale high in the army.

The Pontic States just lost two big armies,and look two new armies appear,
    hmm where do they come form ? The probably came when I was fighting the battle for Pergamum.can I beat those 2 new armies,they just lost there leader and gain nothing of it.

I will use general Teberius to attack the new enemy armies,
    I have a good feeling he will kill many Pontic soldiers.

(temporally end)
    Last edited by webMaster412160; May 13, 2009 at 10:33 AM.

ReD_OcToBeR's Avatar Senator

I like how you rewrote the AAR willingly. Much better, and I know sometimes its hard to swallow your mistakes because when you finish an update you think to yourself "I did a good job, that took some effort". Then when people comment and some suggest you need to fix what your saying and sometimes you don't understand what they mean it can be discouraging. I got a little frustrated the first time I received this "bat" lol, but I stuck to it. I'd suggest though that you resize your pictures so we can see what is going on better. They are a little too small right now. I would also provide a title for every update you do, as it adds to the feel and maybe a small paragraph explaining what is about to happen.

Pontic wars (part III)

"Tiberius & Eupator"

I have failed to take Sardis,a little setback,but soon it will be mine all of Antolië.

because two large armies for "the battle of Pergamum" have been kilt by my Scipii soldiers the know have a boost to there wealth.
    Not really good,need to block all there ports.

One of the 2 large armies has a family member present,let's take a look.
    he has not many traits just four stars,someone fit to lead a army I would say.

General Eupator army exists olmost only of Eastern Infantry and some falax infantry,it would be riske to attack that army know.

The Pontic Capital Ancyra a wealth city,a city that I would love to conquer,a large garrison is present there,it will be hard to get it to my Empire.
    and my spy has spotted two new armies. "Where the hell to they keep coming from!"

I need to make a diversion,I am gonna use this little army in my ship to try and conquer Halcarnussus.
    Maybe then one of the 2 armies is gonna go and try to take it back,then I can attack the other army with general Teberius.

"going to besiege the city"

I just need one ram and I can rush the gate.

If the Pontic States go and try to save their city,then I can attack the other army.

They are sending every thing the got at me,most of there city's are with 2 units garrisoned.
    I need to change my tactic,my soldiers will never get through those armies.

I can't move far with the artillery it my army,so If I attack one of the 2 armies then the other will attack back,
    I could win against General Eupator and his other allied army,but the casualties will be verry great for both sites.

A look here the Scipii are very liked in the senate,3 family members have just got a office in the senate.

The Pontic States havn't done anything,so I am gonna take the city,easey just 117 men. "hahaha"

"gone rush the gate"

Kill all the enemy's,lief none alive.

Ah,Halcarnassus is know under Roman law. "more city's will follow"

All resistens will be crushed and exterminated,It's not something I like to do in war,it needs to be done.
    "there are 9411 Innocent people that I am about to kill"

If I want the city to be in my control and don't causes unrest or uprisings,I need to kill some of it's population.

Mausoleum at Halicarnassus is a magnificent wonder that know is added to the Scipii Empire.
    "thanks to our brave soldiers"
    I need to reinforce Halcarnassus before the attack it.

I have no other option then to attack one of the Pontic armies,if I would wait the other 2 near Ancyra will come closer,
    then I will have less chance to get a victory.They will capture Pergamum and Halcarnassus then I would have lost my hold on Antolië and the war would be lost and over.

Attacking Captain Thothorses,this will be a battle where I will lose some good soldiers.
    the enemy army is nothing compared to my army,this will be a victory
    "Roma Victoria"

'Ready to fight'

"ending deployment"
    I think the enemy is just gonna rush me with all the got,I have my flanks secure.

I am winning the battle,it's time to finish them of with my Praetorian Cavalry.

The biggest part of the Pontic army is know rooting for their lives,thanks to General Tiberius.
    "he is a gifted general,that will win alot of battles"

leave none alive kill all rooting enemy's

A great victory in a harsh war,the have lost their army.

Trait increase "confident commander",that's good to see.

I have lost some units in that battle against Captain Thothorses,I need to buy some mercenary's,if I don't then I will lose the battle against General Eupator. "if he would attack me"
    I
    With the new soldiers in General Tiberius army we have a good chance of winning a next battle,if attacked.

That's it for know members,more updates will come
    rep me for this,you have my gratitude
    post here what you find of it

Pontic wars (part IV)

"Great Generals"

Pontifex Maximus is the leader in the senate,he has many influence on the people and the senate.
    The brutii are most in favour of the senate and the Scipii seems to be on equal with the Julii,the Scipii need to increase their power in the senate.
    The Scipii will increase their power on the senate when they have conquerd Antolië.
    The Scipii will one day rule the world from out Rome,when that day comes we will defead all how are against Scipii law.

This legion are trained to fight of the Pontic enemy's that occupy most of Antolië.

Reinforcements will be there shortly to defend and support the brave Scipii soldiers that are fighting of the Pontics that want to conquer all of Antolië for there own.

The Scipii genaral Teberius knows that blocking there ports will stop there trade then the enemy will have less wealth to recruit soldiers,this is one of the ways to win a war.

The senate has given a mission to block the port of Nicomedia,the last port that hasn't been blockaded.
    The Scipii leader must accept this mission to increase favor and to prove the Scipii are loyal to the senate.

Admiral Quintis orders his men to attack and destroy the enemy ship.

A Victory,the enemy ship is destroyed.

A new mission from the senate to block the port of Nicomedia,Admiral Quintis orders his men to sail to the port of Nicomedia.
    Senate mission assigned conquer the capital of the Pontic States "Ancyra".
    The Scipii know that if the succeed the will have more power/influence in the senate then ever before.
    General Tiberius is close by he has 5 years from the senate to take Ancyra,he has to fight some battles to get near that city.

The Pontics are desperate to get Halicarnassus back,the Scipii need to defend against the Pontics the will not stop until they have that city,there army is mostly cariots and cavalry.

The Pontics general Eupator attacks the little Scipii army knowing he will win this battle and then soon lay siege to conquer Halicarnassus back.

Both sites know this is a importent battle,Gnaeus Scipio a young general with not much experience has to defend this spot,if he is beaten the way to attack the city is open.
    He has never fight a battle and his first and maybe last battle is against Eupator a Pontic general that is a smart tactician,some one how will kill 10 000 of Roman soldiers to keep his empire alive and powerfull.

The reinforcement that had to aid Gnaeus Scipio are delayed,not a good sign he has to fight without them.
    He orders his men to stay as far away as they can to win time.

they Scipii are ready to fight if the must

The Pontic army hasn't moved,if we remain here and Eupator doesn't attack than this battle will be a victory.

Gnaeus Scipio will win this battle for sure know.

A Close Victory is better then a close defeat,why didn't General Eupator attack with his force the Scipii army ?
    A question that we don't know the answer to maybe one of Eupator tactics.

Gnaeus Scipio trait has increase to confident commander,he seems a promising commander.

Reinforcements have arrived and the soldiers stand ready to fight against the Pontics.
    General Cnaeus march to meet the army of general Eupator.

If the Scipii general Cnaeus mange to kill Eupator and destroy his army,the road to Sardis is free.
    Cnaeus Classicianus was born at the island Sicily and raised there,he wants to fight many battles against the Pontics.

Cnaeus waits until Eupator attacks,the Pontic soldiers march at high speed toward Cnaeus his army.
    cnaeus orders his archers to fire at the falax pike men.
    "The Pontics try to flank the Scipii army"

Cnaeus commands his cavalry to charge the enemy with him,his cavalry gets some casualties,but
    a part of Eupator army is know rooting because of the charge they run in fear.
    Cnaeus his tactic was to fast attack with only calvary and archers causing fear to the enemy units and let the legions stand ready if something went rong.

Eupator is slain,a pontic general that has fought many battles he was a worthy general that lead the pontics to many victorys.

The remains of the army are rooting,Cnaeus sents his cavalry to kill of the rooting soldiers.
    The battle has been won with not many casualties.

Cnaeus orders his cavalry to stand down,the rooting enemy are to far away

The battle is won,a important victory.
    "if Cnaeus had losed then Eupator had done things That he didn't want to think of"

The Scipii general Cnaeus Classicianus is a verry impressive general not only has he won the battle but he kilt the enemy general and kilt 3/4 of the Pontic army,he has a successful carrier ahead of him.

His trait increased to superior commander he will lead Scipii soldiers to many victorys.

The Scipii Empire is large what will increase the chance of revolt.
    In Kydonia are 2943 citizens killed and 114 soldiers,if the city would revolt against Scipii law then they would have no other choice
    to inslave a part of the citizens or to exterminate a huge part of them.

General Cnaeus know march to besiege Sardis,feeling immoral because of his victory against Eupator.

Cnaeus maintains siege,in the summer he will attack Sardis and will try with all his power to conquer Sardis.

Tiberius moves his army to the road east of the city Sardis to make sure the Pontics can't aid their city.

General Cnaeus prepares his assault on Sardis.

The Pontics think they are save behind their walls but they will soon see that a ram and some eager soldiers can change the course of battle.
    The Pontics have many cariots and a mix of soldiers that all have their special use in battle.

The Scipii start the battle and sent the ram to the gate.

Cnaeus orders a battalion of Arcani and militia units to enter the city.

The Pontic soldiers march to defend their city and are fresh and eager to kill us.
    "Scipii soldiers move to charge the Pontics,
    both sites have casualties"

The defending captain Teiranes has fallen,the enemy soldiers are scared and tired.

Cnaeus his men move to the plaza and kill all resistance.

The pontic try to make a stand their Cappadocian Cavalry is killing many Scipii soldiers,but the are shaken and are to the edge of rooting to the plaza like the rest of the Pontic soldiers.

Cnaeus orders his cavalry to charge the Pontics that are broken and exhausted.

The Pontics unit their force and try a last effort to win this battle.
    The Scipii get many casualties.

Cnaeus and 2 battelions of cavalry run or kill the last enemy's on the plaza down.
    49% of Scipii men has died today the will not die invain.
    Cnaeus his men have kilt 98% of the enemys a great achievement.

The Scipii soldiers have fight verry brave and have kilt many enemys.
    "A minute silence for the wans that have died today to capture Sardis"

General Cnaeus has captured the city,his army has kilt all Pontics soldiers that where defending Sardis.

General Cnaeus has orders to exterminate Sardis.
    The 16668 people that are about to be massacred are begging for their lives.
    "Cnaeus looks them in the eye and says dead to supporters of the Pontic States!!!"

In a war hard and awful things happen,the city has been reduced in numbers so a revolt won't happen.

A great wonder captured,this will increas the happiness in all city's,
    and Scipii power in the senate will increas thanks to the capture of the 2 beautiful wonders.

Cnaeus Classicianus has won two important battles,and his retinue and trais has increased.
    "Cnaeus and Teberius are 2 great general that will conquer Antolië together"

Roma Vicoria!!!

more will come

Pontic wars (part V)

"The fall of Ancyra"

Gratida 20 years old,needs a man he is a young promising general a good choice.

A pontic general seems to go with his army to Pergamum to take it,Tiberius marched with his soldiers to intercept the enemy army. "knowing he will kill as many he can"

Tiberius is a experienced general with four golden stars the enemy general Pharsanezs has no experience but he has 1300 men at his disposal he can bring damage to Pergamum.
    Thats why Tiberius decided to attack the Pontic army.

Pharsanzes isn't a real general he laks the experience to lead a army he will be dead in seconds.

Tiberius orders his archers to fire on the Phalanx Pikemen,he wants them dead before they can attack a battalion.
    Phalanx pikemen can defead any legion their spears are so long that the can take down any foe.
    Tiberius knows that the only way to beat them is to flank them and charge from all sides.

The enemy is losing the battle,Tiberius is still alert he waits until the Phalanc Pikemen march closer to his army."the archers try to let them panic with flaming arrows"

The cavalry unit flanks the enemy lines and kills the rooting soldiers.

general Pharsanezs orders his army to retried,The Scipii charge with their cavalry all the remaining soldiers down.

The Pontic army has been crushed,the remaining soldiers are rooting and kilt by the Scipii cavalry.

Continue battle ofcourse the soldiers are eager to kill of the last of the rooting enemy's.

Again a glorious victory by Genral Tiberius 1044 Ponitc scum are dead good,but still we hold a second silence for those soldiers that will never see their wife and sun/daughter back.

Traits has increased to good commander,Tiberius is becoming a verry experienced general.
    Tiberius can match any Pontic army he has never lost a battle.

The Pontic States have olmost no real forces,only remains of their great/big army.

Scippi has know 3 years to take Ancyra,Tiberius has orders to go and take Ancyra and the other forces will clear the road.

They Scippi armies are uniting and assembling,next year Scippi will launch all it's armies right to the Pontic city's.

A some Scippi family members have gotten up in the senate office.
    A good thing more power and influence in the senate.

Placus Tiberius is know Pontifex of the senate,father of the great general Tiberius.

General Augustus has attacked the remains of the Pontic grand army,the will be crushed. "like fly's against water"

They are going into a defense Augustus thinks this is a trap to charge him,but he march with the army,
    He feels comfortable that the flanks are secured.

On all sites the armie is attacked by Pontics,they are causing many resistants,Augustus gains many casualties in his army.
    Pontics are loosing the battle,Scippi cavalry stand ready to charge down the enemy rooting soldiers.

Their captain has fallen,a fool how had died for a falling Empire.
    Pontics aren't eager anymore and are wavering and rooting.

Augustus orders his men to kill all the rooting enemy's

General Pharsanzes has been kilt by Scipii soldiers,he was ones a leading general of 1300 men strong and
    know look at him lying dead one the ground,he died with honour defending his land.

A victory always welcome to the Scipii,the 2 Pontic armies have been crushed.

Augustus recruits some mercenaries to have some more men under his command.
    Augustus knows the road to Ancyra is free,but he to knows their city/capital is full of Pontic soldiers.

A earthquake 4983 people have been kilt,a bad sign of the gods.
    Tiberius:Is it rong that we are fighing of the Pontics and killing/exterminate their city's ?
    father of Tiberius:No we are doing what right for Vulcan,I know we are doing the right thing here.

Gaul destroyed,their leader has been assassinated by one of the briton assassins,they where one a people of power,wealth,dreams
    know the are dead like their ancestors.

Augustus besieges Ancyra,knowing if he captures the Pontic capital the senate mission will be success.
    Then the Scipii will have more power and they will see how loyal we are to the senate.
    "For now we are loyal things can change"

A Spy as spotted a battalion of Bronze Shields,they are verry terrifying the are 120 men strong and with their long spears the are undefinable.
    Only archers can make sure the gain casualties.

Appius Chaeerea seems a good man to marrie Cornelia. "accept"
    A young general with 2 golden stars and with many good Traits.

Macedon,a mighty nation has been destroyed by the Brutii.
    The Brutii are verry strong the have the most regions of all factions,but there wealth anit that much.
    Scippi will never be destroyed,we will live forever,never will our breath stop breading.
    "Scippi Glory!!!"

Captain Leucon his little army seems to go to Sardis or Pergamum.
    "General Tiberius could be rong to where the army is going."

Rioting in Pergamum many buildings are damaged and 1877 citizens are dead because of it.
    Aldo their is a huge number of soldiers present,still the citizens are not happy in Pergamum.

Pergamum could revolt and turn rebellion,a plague stalks the streets and many buildings are damaged all that toghter=
    public order +45%.

Tiberius goes to add the army of Augustus to capture the city Ancyra.
    Scipii has lauched it's invasion force,while Tiberius and Augustus besiege the Pontic capital,the other 2 Scippi armies go via the road to the other remaing Pontic city's,to conquer them or destroy any Pontic resistants

This is a verry importent battle for the Scippi,Tiberius leads the attack on Ancyra and Augustus supports him if anything goes rong.
    If Scipii wins this battle,
    1.the will have a Ancyra the capital of the Pontics
    2.a new region
    3.more wealth
    4.the way open to all other pontic city's

When the Pontic win this battle
    1.their city is preserved
    2.the Scipii casualties will be great
    3.they will finally have a victory and will be eager for the next battle

Scipii soldiers march eager to ram the gate.

Tiberius moves his army closer to the gate.

With a force of 199 men strong soon more,the soldiers march through the gate,the pontics charge directly upon the soldiers,with a big force of soldiers that are tired but matched.
    The soldiers fight eager against their pontic enemy's.

The Pontics root to their plaza,while Scipii soldiers run the enemy rooters dawn.
    This battle seems to be in the favor of the Scipii.

Captain Cotys is dead gone to his ancestors.

Pontics try to make a final stand here some of the soldiers are very tired but still eager,they think the can still win the battle.
    "The can win the battle their reinforcements are almost at the gate"
    Tiberius waits until the enemy are losing hard then he will add his troops.

The enemy general Polemo has fallen he was the governor of Ancyra and the one defending this city,
    he was a worthy enemy,Tiberius has lost many soldiers because of him.

Tiberius is at the plaza his men are beating the last of the remaining soldiers.
    The reinforcements of the Pontics are moving to add their brothers on the plaza.

Some of Tiberius men are rooting,are the Scipii losing their crasp on the plaza ?
    Tiberius waits until the enemy are tired or winded,but he is a little worried about fighting the Phalanx Pikemen.

87% of the enemy's are dead,only 12% of our good,brave soldiers are dead.
    "A clear and good victory"

Tiberius did well he kilt 152 men,he is a great tactician and general.

The Scipii army has won this battle very clearly,they have kilt 1486 of the Pontic soldiers,
    the pontics have kilt 240 soldiers.
    This is a harsh loss for the Pontic States.

Ancyra is unhappy,Tiberius has orders to enslave the citizens.

The mission is successful,Scipii have taken Ancyra and have been rewarded with a "Corvus Quinquireme",
    a strong ship that can handle many battles.

Tiberius retinue expands to body slave,thanks to his experience enslaving Ancyra.

That it foks feel free to post here what you find of it.
    have great week and day,hope you enjoyed it.

Default Re: [RTW AAR] Pontic Wars !(completed)!

Pontic wars (part VI)

"Fall of the Pontic States"

General Augustus attacks a Pontic army with a unit of bronze shields 118 men,he wants to see how strong they are.

Scipii are surrounding the Pontics,Augustus orders his soldiers to attack the bronze shields,during the cavalry attack the bronze shields at front the legion soldiers will flank the Pontics.
    The weakness of the bronze shields are to flank them and attack them at the back or left right from them.

The Pontic army is broken,the pontics are butchered.

Again a victory thanks to Augustus a wise and brave general.

Augustus has just won a battle but he wants more glory he march to the city Sinope,
    To conquer it for the Scipii Empire.

The Pontic States can't stop the assault anymore,the are defending whats left of their empire.

Augustus wants to butcher Sinope,is he becoming bloodthirsty ?
    Or is it simple because he can't stand to see Pontic citizens alive.

General Tiberius knows this is a fair battle for both site the strengt is even,this could be a winning or lost battle how knows.
    Pharsanzes has the same military experience as Tiberius but Tiberius has more professional soldiers and many veterans in his army.

It's just the beginning of the battle and two units are already rooting they have no higher
    morale against the Scipii army.

Pontics try to cause fear by making attacks on all fronts but Scipii morale is never broken or maybe sometimes it is when elephants come along!

Genenral pharsanzes made a attempt to attack with his own bodygurard the Scipii lines,Tiberius saw this as a advantage to fast attack and kill him will cause the enemy army to root faster.

And so the fool of a general Pharsanzes is slain of his dum actions,even General Eupator was a better person to fight with.

The captain has fallen to,they all fall.

Because of the fast dead of the 2 leader of the army,captain thyrsos and general Pharsanzes the Pontic army is broken and is rooting,now they are all running for their lives but it's to late,Tiberius orders his cavalry to charge them down like animals.

9/10 of the army has been crush no reason to continue this battle Tiberius tought.

Again a victory to add to the list of glorious victories of Tiberius.

Nicomedia is now under Scipii control a new city for us,a lost city for the Pontic States.
    They are losing this war faster then expected the senate says in a hearing.

Tiberius gives the order to kill most of the population in Nicomedia.

No one can stand agains our legions all cities will suffer their consistency for chosing the Pontics and not revolting against them.

Augustus sends a spy to see if Sinope is fortified but it appears that their faction leader and just a unit of peasants.
    Augustus goes to the tent where his officers where discussing how to besiege Sinope and tells them the news that their is just a handfull of soldiers present with their faction leader,they all began to laugh.

Tiberius has many traits now thanks to his many victories he is populair with the people we must now call him "Tiberius the Brave".

Sinope will be easy to get with two siege towers and a ram if the ram doesn't go one fire we can get the gate open and storm the plaza of Sinope.

A other Scipii army has marched to Tarsus to a other Pontic city next year the can lay siege but it looks well defended.

General Gnaeus attacks a smale army near Mazaka to get General Akas out of his defended city.
    Out in the open field the Scipii are better prepared to deal with the Pontic scum.

Gneaus sends a cavarly unit to kill the little Pontic army.

A captain has already been kilt now only their general and their morale will drop fast.

Pontics will never get trew the Scipii line Gneaus makes sure the morale of the army stays high.

General Akas is at the back of the army he try to flank the line Gneaus has no other chois then to attack him his cavalry unit is rooting,Genenral Akas bodyguard are few in numbers and are winded,gneaus can win this.

Victory only victory you hear when a Scipii general attacks a Pontic army why is that ?
    Well Romans are not easy to beat the are to disciplined and brave to win from them.

Sinope and Mazaka will be fast to conquer because the have few soldiers to defend it probably but Tarsus has a amount of soldiers to make it a interesting battle a unit of bronze shields is present to.

Cnaeus his army has now besieged Tarsus,ready to kill and conquer a new city for the Scipii Empire.

The Pontic faction leader seems to be a powerfull and wise,mean man and many traits,retinue he will be a worthy enemy to fight against.

Augustus feels comfortable this battle has already been resolved he thinks.

A legion march to capture the gates,so the army can go trew the gate and fight.

The entire army charges to kill the faction leader and his soldiers.

He didn't stood a chance against a Scipii General and his army.

Augustus feels overpowered he wins all the time he has never lost a battle in his live.

Extermination is the only option when a city is overpopulated.

In this city the population has no chance to survive they are kilt like animals.

Gnaeus attack the remaining forces that are holding up in Mazaka.

Gneaus wants that tower destroyed so his soldiers can march inside the city to the plaza without being shot at.

Pontics try to defend the gate entrance,Scipii soldiers are fighting back and killing many Pontics.

Akas the mean has fallen in battle one of the many fallen Pontic general that has died for a dying empire.

The last of the Pontic soldiers are fighting on the plaza for their city,the have lost again.

Clear victory,a new city has been added to the list of conquerd cities,more will come.

A city that is overpopulated must be exterminated to preserve Scipii law.

Reinforcements are coming to add Cneaus in battle because alone he will not stand a chance against the enemy.

With 2 sieg towers and a open gate this will be a easy battle Cneaus tought.

Cnaeus and Herius attack Tarsus this is a battle much in their favor.

The army moves trew the gate now only the plaza where the bronze shields are stationd.

Cavalry is a powerfull thing to have thats why Cnaeus orders to stay alert and ready to attack.

Scipii are flanking the bronze shields and are killing them fast but with many casualties.

Captain Synges had died defending Tarsus,no one will remember him but he was brave to stand against Scipii and their armies.

A good and clear victory just 6 men remain of the ones bigger army.

This city will get no mercy it will have the same faith as Sinope and Mazaka had,exterminate.

Ancyra is now completely under Scipii control,a perfect campaign against the Pontics.

The senate has a new mission for the Scipii "take Artaxarta",Tiberius takes the mission and marched with his army to the last city of the ones Pontic empire.

Eupator their faction leader and last family member he has intersting character he seems a smart and brave general that will die for the Pontic States,if he must.

Tiberius lays siege and then released that ones he conquerd the last Pontic city the Pontic wars where over and they had won,
    only glory for Rome,no enemy can stand against us,Tiberius felt good about him self.

Tiberius and Eupator two great generals,this is a very importent battle,if we win the Pontics will be defeaded and never heard of again.

This legion has it hard surrounded by Pontics,soldiers fight their way trough.

Tiberius saw this a set back his siege tower was destroyed what caused it he didn't know but he just lost many soldiers how the urban cohort.

Eupator and his soldiers have attacked Tiberius and his cavalry one moment the seem to win but in time the Scipii get the uper hand.and ...

Eupator is kilt the last leader of the Pontics a man Tiberius respected because he had the courage to defend the last city against the Scipii that had conquerd in 10 years all of Antolië.

A chariot unit is the last one to kill and then the city is ours.

The last final moments of the Pontic States,Tiberius felt a little bit sad,because he now tought what am I gonna do know ?
    Then he saw he had a great campaign and many people recognize him and maybe he can get a office in the senate.

Artaxarta will to be dealt with.

A successful mission,again we have proved how loyal we are to the senate.

This city has been exterminated to make sure no revolt will come of it.

Faction Pontus destroyed,it feels unreal the are dead all of them dead gone,vanished Scipii are now very strong the have Antolië if the Brutii attack them the will need to be prepared.

This AAR is finshed
    (the end)

I would like it what you find of it thanks realy thanks.
    I hope you enjoyed it.