Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Information] Mod Links, Team, & Credits

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Crucible of Kings

Quick feedback!

1) Bows are pretty much useless against armored units, even when shooting from behind. My archers unloaded their quivers into armored axemen from behind them and killed 10-20 of them.

2) Attacking from sea is broken with larger units. when the ship hits shore, soldiers start to unload. The ship then begins to leave shore before all unit hit shore, and 1/5-1/6 of them ends up in water and dies. Playing on ultra unit size with 240 soldiers per melee unit.

EDIT: Sorry, not your mistake but, (AGAIN), terrible shortsightness by CA. When your ship hits the shore you can immediately assume command of the unit on land (you do not have to wait for all of them to unload). BUT, if you do give an order to your troops then the ship immediately leaves shore and ur men end up in water. Ugh, CA...
    Last edited by Nordling; May 18, 2018 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReneTS View Post
    Is there a way to make the norman invasion trigger, depending on fame level instead of date?
    Possibly, although the vanilla invasion script isnt setup for that
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    Quick feedback!

1) Bows are pretty much useless against armored units, even when shooting from behind. My archers unloaded their quivers into armored axemen from behind them and killed 10-20 of them.

2) Attacking from sea is broken with larger units. when the ship hits shore, soldiers start to unload. The ship then begins to leave shore before all unit hit shore, and 1/5-1/6 of them ends up in water and dies. Playing on ultra unit size with 240 soldiers per melee unit.

EDIT: Sorry, not your mistake but, (AGAIN), terrible shortsightness by CA. When your ship hits the shore you can immediately assume command of the unit on land (you do not have to wait for all of them to unload). BUT, if you do give an order to your troops then the ship immediately leaves shore and ur men end up in water. Ugh, CA...
    We will look into bows, although we don't want to make ranged too powerful against armored elite units.

Naval is pretty much messed up in general - even in vanilla I have watched ships sail around for 20 minutes instead of landing. Then they send in their army 1 at a time.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Possibly, although the vanilla invasion script isnt setup for that

We will look into bows, although we don't want to make ranged too powerful against armored elite units.

Naval is pretty much messed up in general - even in vanilla I have watched ships sail around for 20 minutes instead of landing. Then they send in their army 1 at a time.
    Yeaaaaah, CA pathfinding

As for bows, just giving feedback. Im not very into ranged warfare anyways, so its not much of a concern to me. Prefer slashing enemies with a dane axe

EDIT: A propos ranged warfare - I dont know if you have seen the Vikings show. But if you did - dont make rnaged weapons as OP as they were in the show. Its completely ridiculous
    Last edited by Nordling; May 18, 2018 at 03:55 PM.

Update
    - Increased bow damage by a small amount, improved accuracy a bit.
    - Vassals (governors) titles can now level up over time to make them more influential. Based on age and time as a vassal.
    - Increased maximum influence to 20 to allow more room for intrigue and lower likelihood of capping it for the faction leader.
    - Small increase to chance of all characters having children.
    - Some AI bonuses increased a bit at higher difficulties.
    - Changed some invasion locations to lower repetition.

More feedback:

When starting new campaign (at least as sudreyar) your starting units got 160 men cap (aprropriately lowered for skirmishers/cav). All new units get appropriate 240 cap, only those starting ones are affected.

Good unit balance with effective flanking. Even levy archers killed like 30 armored axemen when attacking in melee from behind. I find it realistic given high focus on shield wall formation of the era

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

We, unfortunately, can't change starting unit sizes until we get mod tools. We are aware of the issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    We, unfortunately, can't change starting unit sizes until we get mod tools. We are aware of the issue though.
    They still havent released them? What lazy pieces of.... ! They stated that the tools will be released week after game release. I swear, you guys are the only reason I'm still interested in what CA spits out.

EDIT: Double post

EDIT2: Please upgrade those 2 herring ports in the northern part of Scotland (Viking sea kings). As they are now, they are pretty much useless. I never upgrade them - waste of money. they only give +10 food production / +1 supplies each level. Much better off upgrading fishing villages / other agriculture buildings. Considering they are quite unique (only 2 on the map), they just, ugh, suck. Maybe buff em a bit?
    Last edited by Nordling; May 19, 2018 at 04:30 PM.

Foederatus

This mod sounds very interesting. I like the idea of minor settlements having a small garrison, but I also like CAs idea not to include them. At the moment I think Radious has the best balance only including them at level 3 and not farming ones. The problem though with his mod (not sure about yours as I haven't tried it yet) the AI treats it like a normal battlefield, and doesn't deploy within the settlement.
    Last edited by largejack; May 19, 2018 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by largejack View Post
    This mod sounds very interesting. I like the idea of minor settlements having a small garrison, but I also like CAs idea not to include them. At the moment I think Radious has the best balance only including them at level 3 and not farming ones. The problem though with his mod (not sure about yours as I haven't tried it yet) the AI treats it like a normal battlefield, and doesn't deploy within the settlement.
    I don't think that you can fight within the minor settlement at all (CA deisgn). radious makes things easier than vanilla imo - agriculture buildings give mroe food which makes it much easier to maintain bigger armies. From my experience (DeI player as well) I say - depend on Dresden & his team. They just take the best out of CA's games and really work wonders with the formula of Total War

They still havent released them? What lazy pieces of.... ! They stated that the tools will be released week after game release. I swear, you guys are the only reason I'm still interested in what CA spits out.
    No tools yet We technically could change starting unit sizes and rosters but its a large amount of work to edit an existing startpos, especially when its going to be updated with bug fixes and game updates. So, for now we are waiting to edit the startpos.
    EDIT: Double post

EDIT2: Please upgrade those 2 herring ports in the northern part of Scotland (Viking sea kings). As they are now, they are pretty much useless. I never upgrade them - waste of money. they only give +10 food production / +1 supplies each level. Much better off upgrading fishing villages / other agriculture buildings. Considering they are quite unique (only 2 on the map), they just, ugh, suck. Maybe buff em a bit?
    Ok I will check them out.
    Last edited by Dresden; May 19, 2018 at 07:40 PM.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Darn, okay - was hoping that would work.

But, one note - the effect wouldn't be seen until the next turn (have to end turn on water)
    yeah, I'm also not seeing any changes to ground_types table having any effect in game, even with my own testing.

I wish CA made transports have their own movement entries.

Bug report time:
    gwined are missing two axe units in custom battles
    CoK custom battle screenshot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1391270294
    Vanilla custom battle screenshot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1391270319

don't know about other factions, but will check and post anything soon enough

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Less a bug and more groundwork done in anticipation of having mod tools over a week ago.

Yeah, our plan is to overhaul rosters and we started on custom battles. But, we cant effectively mod campaign rosters without tools. Well, we can, but the time it takes isn't worth it when its undone by a single game update.

Hi Dresden !

The beta patch now live on steam. How compare to CK mod then? The mod working with CA patch too ?
    thx.

Default Re: [Information] Mod Links, Team, & Credits

Yes it should work with the beta patch

Thx. Dude .
    You know about "Rusted PackFile Manager " ? this tool maybe help a bit for your work.
    link:https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...now_with_full/

Update June 18
    - Changed max influence level back to 10 for now due to crash issues
    - Added a lot of variation and some new textures to all units to improve their appearance quality in battles.

Credits
    - Big thanks to RobbStark for help with the variation changes.

Future Changes
    - We will be editing rosters in full but we are waiting on mod tools to get started.

Edit - It seems Steam is giving me issues, I will update Steam when I am able.
    Last edited by Dresden; June 18, 2018 at 05:40 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast