Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Who's still playing?

Default Re: Who's still playing?

I though this was working for me, even though having my computer at 800 x 600 makes the screen look ridiculously big. Unfortunately, the game fell over at 1225.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Best bet is too check this forum and see if you can find anything that might help: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?76
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Is your desktop resolution at 800x600 too?

To be honest, I have stopped changing desktop resolution since the game fell over on me. I think I might try and get hold of an old PC to play Medieval on if I can get hold of one cheap enough

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Why don't you try the Steam edition of Medieval?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

It is steam version that I am talking about

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurMaggot View Post
    Steam version works fine for me. What resolution are you playing at? I hear higher resolutions cause the game to crash.
    That's interesting because I just fixed my steam game by going from the low default resolution 600x? to 1024x768 ! maybe there is a sweet spot?

Still playing! Vanilla version of 1 currently, thru steam. On my MacBook circa 2008-ish. Loads of fun minus the Pope. I haven't been able to sort out how to mod yet. Regardless it's so fun.

My Danish kingdom took Scandinavia quickly. Started raiding the Baltic lands to the east. Mother Russia was defeated this week. The Poles and Scots are allies of the Vikings. I'm actually giving the Scotsman a little coin, hoping they can break up England a bit for me. Plus Scotsman are super cool and the English generally suck. Meanwhile the Holy Roman Empire attacked me at Hamburg, starting a mutlifront nightmare. It's only fun if it's a challenge!

All Hail Lord Ragnar!

Whoops, I meant Medieval Total War 2. Kingdoms is really fun but the vanilla grand campaign offers more freedom for the Norsemen raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Runolfsson View Post
    That's interesting because I just fixed my steam game by going from the low default resolution 600x? to 1024x768 ! maybe there is a sweet spot?
    I play on a CRT and have my campaign map set to 1024x768 and battle map resolution set to 1280x960. It would crash for me at 800x600 as well but once I set the campaign map to my desktop resolution (which is 1024x768), the crashing when mongols arrived finally stopped. I assume you could fix it as well on a flat screen by setting your desktop resolution to 1280x720 as well as campaign map res while keeping battle map resolution at 1920x1080.

Little tip - play with the non-playable factions in the game (just edit the EARLY.TXT), they're a lot of fun.

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Chef_Jimmy's Avatar Libertus

Myself & a clan mate are looking for more people to play MP Lan battles on Tunngle.

Trobalov's Avatar Greek Pride

MTW will always have a place in my heart and the strategy aspect on the map still exceeds many of the newer TW games! Without it I wouldn't have become a part of this great community from it's very beginning!

Total domination can be boring though, hence Glorious Achievements option was always (to me at least) more intriguing, following the actual faction objectives as they were back in the days and re-living it (or making it better depending on the case)!

Life is like Chess, once you make a move you can't take it back.

I still play it regularly and introduce it to my students in my school classroom in a unit on Medieval history.

Still playing - just finished a GA campaign!

I still bounce around my older total war games. I have been playing MTW I a lot lately and am trying to find good mods that are still working for the steam version. I tried redux but it wasn't for me.

I'm still playing this game )= The list of mods and links is available here : https://steamcommunity.com/app/34526...0046873941980/

Steam version is pretty good. It also id DRM free.
    "Its a GUNDAM!"
    "Nope. This is Polish Winged Cavalry."

TW games, particularly Medieval TW and Medieval 2 TW, gave me a passion for archery - so I tend to enjoy shooting a longbow (traditional archery) & also ramping up a bit of MTW for nostalgia and some more fun.

Here I am!!! Campaign with the Byzantine Empire, playing it on these days. For me, the best Medieval (Medieval 2 atmosphere is more kind of Renaissance than Middle Age) and one of the best Total War titles ever. Pure style!