Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Who's still playing?

Default Re: Who's still playing?

Quote Originally Posted by staff123 View Post
    Hi there!

The

http://rapidshare.com/#%21download%7C267l32%7C115211547%7CMTW_Gold_v2.01_CTD_Fix.zip%7C1]

is not available anymore. Is there another working link or can somebody send me a copy of the files?

Thank you in advance!
    have downloaded it from here:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20512...01_CTD_Fix_zip

MTW is still my favourite in the series by far.

I've enjoyed pretty much every TW game released, but there's just something about MTW that keeps drawing me back. I've probably put at least a 1000 hrs into it, compared to the 30-40 hrs I've put into each of the other games.

you can tell from my avatar that is my #1 game fav
    -never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right-

-Azimov

It was the first and only game I had for ages, I've plowed hundreds of hours into it. It bewildered and confused me when I was young, unfortunately it doesn't work very well on Windows 7.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

STILL PLAYING STRONG

Would that I could, I personally enjoy the board game style campaign gameplay over the new one. Unfortunately, the game absolutely refuses to function with my Nvidia 8800GTS.

im still playing i just started a campaign with ireland in viking invasion...but can someone tell me how to force a higher resolution cause the interface only gives me 800x600 and im sure on my old rig i was running at 1280

Ahh MTW was my favourite! This thread has finally given me hope of humanity.

I mean all the buildings and units. Different buildings for spies, assassins, emissaries, armours and weapons, but in RTW all merged into one (market) Love to start in the early period to build my empire slowly. Remembered the first time I got the Chivalric Knights they really changed the tide of the battle. But they needed 4 buildings plus a fortress and it took more than 100 turns to get them all. That meant that this region was gold and you couldn't recruit more than one unit a turn. In MTW2 and onwards you get troops almost immediately that is useful throughout the game and you can recruit in masses if you have money...BORING!

I enjoyed RTW as well but it was sure many steps backwards. And whenever CA says "this new game looks stunning" I puke. I don't care about graphics I need playability and MTW may not be the hardest but the most intelligent game. Harder game doesn't mean smarter and the later titles just have absurd unit bonuses on harder levels to compensate for stupid AI.

But I guess MTW is to much TBS and slow progressing for most people. But hey now I gonna try out the XL mod as Sweden. Hope I enjoy this old baby as much as I used to!

nah, not me. I prefer to stick with RTW and M2TW. They are the only ones I really play anymore. I put in 10 hours on S2TW before I was bored to tears. I put 50 hours on ETW and then the same thing. I didnt even bother getting NTW for this reason....
    The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you.
    Baldwin IV

I still play this. AI is much harder especially the historical battles, which are really a challenge.

Started a new campaign a few nights ago. The game certainly hasn't lost it's charm.

I continue to play (and enjoy!) MTW. I've been playing as the Byzantines (in the Grand campaign) and the Irish (in the VI campaign) all this last week.
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

I am now playing as the Danish in a GA campaign. Having a blast.
    Lawyer by day. Conquering Scottish laird by night.

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

I dont own the game, but really looking to get it soon!
    A proud Latin

Un Puertorriqueño orgullozo!
    A proud Puertorican here!

Gamertag: prdude123

Ahem... I might count myself among the people still playing once again. Got the Gold Edition back in 2006, but by 2009, the computer had been upgraded - including with an Nvidia 8*** series card. For a while, I toyed with the idea of using the minimap in battles to direct my units alongside using custom formations to change unit depth (and 'cancelling' the command everytime I ordered a group of units to take the new formation - they still changed depth, they just didn't move into the overall shape of the formation I had modified). Then, there came the time when the battlemap did not work at all - the screen flickered, there was just not way of doing anything at all, not even starting battles. I gave up on the game.

Just the other day, over at the Org, I noticed that someone had posted their possible solutions to Shogun Total War not working. Another contributor to the thread managed to get MTW: VI working also. I thought that it was worth a shot, not really hoping for anything. Now, bear in mind I'm not the one who built the computer I'm using now - my brother did, for my parents and me, before he moved out with the computer containing the cursed Nvidia 8*** series card. To my surprise, upon installing MTW Gold, it worked just fine (can't change the resolutions for the campaign map or battlemap in-game, though). Better than fine - both the campaign map (with the button fix) and the battlemap were working as they should. Turns out I am using an Nvidia GeForce GT 240 card, so that might explain why (also on Windows 7).

While I have the chance, I'm going to play MTW Gold a bit. I am enjoying SS 6.4 for M2TW Kingdoms, though (mainly only that mod - it's the only reason I've ever given M2TW a chance), and I don't have the same attachment to MTWI as I once did. Nevertheless, gotta enjoy while it lasts...

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

hmm..from a playability perspective the game is still solid, from a graphical side of things its too outdated to capture my attention. Not when we have MTW2 & Kingdoms which is the upgrade!

I still play from time to time, just have to bust out my old pre-windows 7 laptop. That's the only reason I've kept it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    hmm..from a playability perspective the game is still solid, from a graphical side of things its too outdated to capture my attention. Not when we have MTW2 & Kingdoms which is the upgrade!
    agreed , the graphics look kinda shocking now , the rome engine with rs2 enviroments looks like a big step up from it .

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    agreed , the graphics look kinda shocking now , the rome engine with rs2 enviroments looks like a big step up from it .
    Admittedly, very few people who still play would play for the graphics.

It's the feel of the thing that has kept me coming back, though I tend to only play in phases.

yeah i have a long running campaign that i dust off every now and then