Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Ah, there is a universal failsafe after turn 254. It's in the Calendar Events script, I'd forgotten it was there.
    You! YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    You! YOU!
    I had a moment a while back where I wrote a "latest" date-based trigger for all the reforms, just in case they didn't work for some reason.

So it's working as intended that basically all governors end up with Gourmand (or Glutton)? If not, how do I avoid this? What's the threshold for treasury balance to prevent this? I swear mine was never over 20k for more than a turn or two
    Curses! TWC is blocking my attempts to post the relevant triggers. Go into your EDCT(just search for the word "traits" in your data folder) file and ctrl+f for the word "corruption". It will take you straight to all the money-related corruption triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I had a moment a while back where I wrote a "latest" date-based trigger for all the reforms, just in case they didn't work for some reason.
    It's good that you wrote it. Otherwise, we'd be missing parts of the game for dubious reasons.
    Last edited by Rad; December 20, 2018 at 12:23 AM.

What is the name of the music in the main menu?

Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

btw, what happened to the Leukaspides?.

Were they going to be Italian Greek phalangites?

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post

Arent they the Phalangitai Deuteroi ?

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    Curses! TWC is blocking my attempts to post the relevant triggers. Go into your EDCT(just search for the word "traits" in your data folder) file and ctrl+f for the word "corruption". It will take you straight to all the money-related corruption triggers.
    I think the issue is as follows:
    1. In order to get to the Marian Reforms, one must build Latifunae in Italy, including Rome.
    2. To progress in the Cursus Honorum, family members must spend time in Rome.
    3. One of the triggers for ApicianRomanVice (Gourmand, Glutton, Apician Glutton) is:

Trigger ApicianRomanViceFromLargeAgriculture
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition FactionType f_rome
    and SettlementBuildingExists > farms_five

Affects ApicianRomanVice 1 Chance 2

So once the Latifunae is built in Rome (or either of the land reform farm levels or a Market_Five which has a similar trigger) every family member trying to move up the Cursus Honorum has a 2% chance of getting ApicianRomanVice every turn they spend in Rome. In addition once they get the trait there is a self perpetuating trigger which tends to make the trait worse over time.

No Italic phalanxes planned.

Another question :

What are you working right now and what can we expect in 2.4?

I don't want to pressure you, I just want to know.

Another question :

Right now we're working on identifying and fixing the things (not many) which aren't working right in v2.35. Accordingly, it behooves all you guys to play the heck out of v2.35 and let us know if there's anything wrong.

As for v2.4, well, too early to talk about that.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Thanks for that.

Another question :

As Kull said, fixes to everything that's popped up so far - so the more playtesting people do, the better. I've noticed I've missed the Calendar Events failsafes for the Eastern Migrations scripts, so just put those in. Rewriting the Foreign Colony pools in their entirety, something that didn't quite make it into 2.35's final push.

I'm also working on getting my submod Epeiros-as-Syrakousai updated for 2.35 (though it will also have all the fixes to date in it).

As Rome, I took and sacked Nesactium, but since I sacked it I couldn't recruit the client ruler unit. Meanwhile I upgraded the settlement to Closely Alied Oligarchy, but now I have no choice for the client ruler unit anymore.

I appreciated the continued work on this fantastic mod. In version 2.35 the crashes to desktop on my Pc are considerably reduced... at least on the few factions I have tried the first 20-40 turns or so.
    I haven't found any thread here about the Battle Editor for Europa Barbarorum. Everytime I click on it, it crashes. Is it not ready in this version?

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    As Rome, I took and sacked Nesactium, but since I sacked it I couldn't recruit the client ruler unit. Meanwhile I upgraded the settlement to Closely Alied Oligarchy, but now I have no choice for the client ruler unit anymore.
    The Client Ruler is only available from the Allied State building, if you've upgraded to one of the Allied Government forms, they're no longer available. You'll have to destroy and start again to get a new Client.

Also having sacked the settlement, you may have zero'd the recruitment pool for the region, meaning it will have to refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Davias View Post
    I appreciated the continued work on this fantastic mod. In version 2.35 the crashes to desktop on my Pc are considerably reduced... at least on the few factions I have tried the first 20-40 turns or so.
    I haven't found any thread here about the Battle Editor for Europa Barbarorum. Everytime I click on it, it crashes. Is it not ready in this version?
    It's working in the development build, we used it to make the Historical Battles. So no idea what's going on there.

Hello again.

2 questions :

How do I recruit Caucasian lancers?.

They don't seem appear in the Caucasus or elsewhere.

And how do I recruit one talent torsion catapults and onagers?,

they also don't appear anywhere.

EDIT : Any faction can recruit elephants in Antiocheia as long as the elephant stables are still there?.
    Last edited by NapoleonMaster; December 21, 2018 at 10:25 AM.

I think that the Caucasian lancers are a post reform unit.

Hello again.

2 questions :

How do I recruit Caucasian lancers?.

They don't seem appear in the Caucasus or elsewhere.

And how do I recruit one talent torsion catapults and onagers?,

they also don't appear anywhere.

EDIT : Any faction can recruit elephants in Antiocheia as long as the elephant stables are still there?.
    The Lancers are a late unit, they appear after the ThorakitaiReform in 222BC.

Onagers are a post-Marian reform unit. The 1-talent Lithobolos isn't anywhere, I never got round to coding them.

Only Ptolemaioi, Seleukids, Epeiros, Makedonia (post-reform), Pontos (post-reform), Pergamon and Nabatu (post-reform) can use the elephant stables in Alexandreia. Same set again in Antiocheia.