Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.6 beta test

Default Re: Patch 1.6 beta test

I'll be honest I can't get this damn thing to work even after toying with it for two hours lol. I installed Gigantus' easy and pain free instillation exactly as told, downloaded the patch, the fix, and the language file. Ran the installed language file, installed the patch, ran the language file again, installed the fix, ran the language file a 3rd time, installed the new language file, then ran the old language file for a 4th time. Opened the game and it just sits in a small 9x9 window, tried to play regardless but no campaigns will load.
    I removed the game, reinstalled it and this time didn't run the language file until after i installed everything, same errors.
    I removed the game a 3rd time and this time didn't install the patch or fix, game opened as it should in full screen and it also loaded into the campaigns.. However, I get an endless loading icon for every campaign and still can't play.

Rage of the dark gods is working correctly, but I was really hoping to get into 1.6 because it looks really well done. Is there any assistance I can receive?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalous View Post
    I'll be honest I can't get this damn thing to work even after toying with it for two hours lol. I installed Gigantus' easy and pain free instillation exactly as told, downloaded the patch, the fix, and the language file. Ran the installed language file, installed the patch, ran the language file again, installed the fix, ran the language file a 3rd time, installed the new language file, then ran the old language file for a 4th time. Opened the game and it just sits in a small 9x9 window, tried to play regardless but no campaigns will load. I removed the game, reinstalled it and this time didn't run the language file until after i installed everything, same errors.
    I removed the game a 3rd time and this time didn't install the patch or fix, game opened as it should in full screen and it also loaded into the campaigns.. However, I get an endless loading icon for every campaign and still can't play.

Rage of the dark gods is working correctly, but I was really hoping to get into 1.6 because it looks really well done. Is there any assistance I can receive?
    For the window size you can turn off window mode either by changing its value from 1 to 0 in configuration.txt file in your RODG16 folder OR​ by settting your campaign & battle map resolution same as your desktop's resolution

For the spining hourglass you should wait untill the changes take place (for me it takes 10 minutes but usually shorter for other people)

If you have a crash on starting campaigns after installing all fixes, send your log to this thread and explain your problem
    Last edited by TheEmperor; March 01, 2016 at 12:34 AM.

I don't get this, is the 1.6 allready relased? or is it still beta? i cannot find any official informations, like our dear Russians stopped working on this briliant masterpiece .
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Quote Originally Posted by Klierowski View Post
    I don't get this, is the 1.6 allready relased? or is it still beta? i cannot find any official informations, like our dear Russians stopped working on this briliant masterpiece .
    It's still Beta. The dev team regularly issues new builds for a closed team of testers on their Russian forum, while we still get an older public version. 1.6 is very ambitious and it doesn't look like they'll have a final version of it out anytime soon. Hopefully it won't become abandonware.

Just to make a little clarification - not all of us Russians. Its a little reminder, but very important to us, Ukrainians, for example. Okay, some real deal here: we did not stop work on mod, we simply entered a period of somewhat of hybernation. But still, we have somethin to make you a little happy again A new beta version, wich above all also contain a part of End of Times masterpice. Enough words, here it is, new version of 1.6 beta, now fully open for business: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1b6nnt3e08sna8o/1.6beta01.03.16.7z

Some change list:

- Reworked main goals for bright alliance during Storm of Chaos. Ostland dont need to protect Midden, Kislev and Dwarves must protect only Kislev);
    - some new stratmodels added;
    - New Minotaurs, added ogres with handcannons (Big thanks to creators COW: Beginning of The End Times(especially tomdoof, thanks mate ));
    - fixed CTD issues with squigs, Chaos hounds, Dire Wolves (but more tests needed to be sure);
    - new scripts of Great Deamons of Chaos arriaval, new unique scaven general - Queek Headtaker;
    - new icons and infopictures for Scaven, Empire (for Empire big thanks to Ajpav from TWC);
    - New infos for some dwarves units and greenskins;
    - some changes to strategic balance. Empowered Ostermark, Stirland and Kislev; - bugfixes and major polishing.

New update, woo! Just when people started giving up hope, hahaha. I'm glad we've been able to contribute to this wonderful mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Necromancer View Post
    Just to make a little clarification - not all of us Russians. Its a little reminder, but very important to us, Ukrainians, for example. Okay, some real deal here: we did not stop work on mod, we simply entered a period of somewhat of hybernation. But still, we have somethin to make you a little happy again A new beta version, wich above all also contain a part of End of Times masterpice. Enough words, here it is, new version of 1.6 beta, now fully open for business: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1b6nnt3e08sna8o/1.6beta01.03.16.7z

Some change list:

- Reworked main goals for bright alliance during Storm of Chaos. Ostland dont need to protect Midden, Kislev and Dwarves must protect only Kislev);
    - New Minotaurs, added ogres with handcannons (Big thanks to creators COW: Beginning of The End Times(especially tomdoof, thanks mate ));
    - fixed CTD issues with squigs, Chaos hounds, Dire Wolves (but more tests needed to be sure);
    - new scripts of Great Deamons of Chaos arriaval, new unique scaven general - Queek Headtaker;
    - new icons and infopictures for Scaven, Empire (for Empire big thanks to Ajpav from TWC);
    - some changes to strategic balance. Empowered Ostermark, Stirland and Kislev; - bugfixes and major polishing.
    First: Is this an official Update? And if this is official shouldnt this be in the first post or in a new topic.. because after 10 answers no one will see this link again.
    And second are there any russian native speakers who try to give us an english translation? As far as i know there are only rudimantory translations that are in parts wrong translated. Or its not enough translated , for example important messages are still russian.
    As far i know the Beta is tested since 2 years ? So i dont know why no one is able to give a good english translation.

But dont get me wrong i am very thankfull for all the work the modders have done for the Warhammer Community .
    Last edited by godwrote; March 03, 2016 at 10:02 AM.

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by godwrote View Post
    First: Is this an official Update? And if this is official shouldnt this be in the first post or in a new topic.. because after 10 answers no one will see this link again.
    And second are there any russian native speakers who try to give us an english translation? As far as i know there are only rudimantory translations that are in parts wrong translated. Or its not enough translated , for example important messages are still russian.
    As far i know the Beta is tested since 2 years ? So i dont know why no one is able to give a good english translation.

But dont get me wrong i am very thankfull for all the work the modders have done for the Warhammer Community .
    Yes, it's an official update. Lord Necromancer is a member of the CoW team.

There is a official site they use ( Link. ).

Most, if not all members are speaking Russian and there is no official translation nor is there going to be.
    Translations have to be made by the community.

It's been beta tested since 20/10/2015.
    Imperium Romanum

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    It's been beta tested since 20/10/2015.
    Thx for the answer. But the Beta Test Topic is since 23. Dec 2014 ok its not 2 years but its a long time. According to the translation it means we have to wait for someone who has mercy and gives the non russian speaking community a true english translation. I would prefer as a german a german one but to find a german translation will be much harder. Because the most germans translate the english translation...what an ironi

Omg i love this mod so much! I haven't downloaded it yet but i am installing medieval total war as i write this since i am now on my new pc. I use steam, anything i need to know?

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by godwrote View Post
    Thx for the answer. But the Beta Test Topic is since 23. Dec 2014 ok its not 2 years but its a long time. According to the translation it means we have to wait for someone who has mercy and gives the non russian speaking community a true english translation. I would prefer as a german a german one but to find a german translation will be much harder. Because the most germans translate the english translation...what an ironi
    True, should have said public beta tested.

Gigantus is the one who made a fully translated and bug free version of the 1.5.1 version of the mod.
    He included a German translation if I'm not mistaken and he did it again for 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by thesnooper47 View Post
    Omg i love this mod so much! I haven't downloaded it yet but i am installing medieval total war as i write this since i am now on my new pc. I use steam, anything i need to know?
    Hope you'll enjoy it. Use this link for the most stable version with installation instructions: Click.
    Imperium Romanum

Yes Gigantus tries everything to help the Community with that mod i had the chance some weeks ago to chat with him... but he dont do translation, but he fit them to his painfree installation.. he also waits for someone who provides a 100% translation. At the moment we have an english i think 50% translation but the rest 50 % is still russian. And the biggest problem... the 50% english translation dont covers the whole text just short versions and it is in big parts also not good translated. But i think we maybee just have to wait for the man who gets his ass on the seat and translates the whole shhhh into english. Gigantus would do the rest to implement it bug free.

Gents,

On translation - with google-translate you could do a rough-translation into whatever language you'd like yourself -I'm going to warn you though - it will take a few hours to properly copy-past stuff into to google-translate (there's a character limit with the app, hence you'll see why there is no rush to translate lol).

Its easy to do - just will take you some time.

The majority of the text that needs translation is located in the data/text file. Check it out - I'm sure that you can figure out how most of it works. But just in case check out this page: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rces-amp-Tools

Don't get too worked up about it though - how many other people have felt the same when watching Hollywood movies with no local translation? (Or British-English movies - I love "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" for example, but I confess - I have no freaking clue what they're saying half the time - because I'm an illiterate American!

I recommend if you do give it a go - start with the export_buildings.txt or export_units.txt - the patterns there are pretty self-evident. Feel free to pm me as well, I'd be happy to answer questions - along with most people on this website - which is why it exists in the 1st place.

Problem with tomb kings. I have conquered dwarves karak and also orange humans near them.
    But I found 57 cities conquered by chaos!!Against my 14!
    Chaos is arrived to stirland,6/7 human factions are destroyed. I don't know how to contrast them!

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by mikevampiro View Post
    Problem with tomb kings. I have conquered dwarves karak and also orange humans near them.
    But I found 57 cities conquered by chaos!!Against my 14!
    Chaos is arrived to stirland,6/7 human factions are destroyed. I don't know how to contrast them!
    Try prayer or madness, for you have no other options.
    But seriously, wait and see, when the horde comes, divide and conquer, use night attacks over and over and run away a lot. The Empire will take the brunt of the attack.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Kalous View Post
    I'll be honest I can't get this damn thing to work even after toying with it for two hours lol. I installed Gigantus' easy and pain free instillation exactly as told, downloaded the patch, the fix, and the language file. Ran the installed language file, installed the patch, ran the language file again, installed the fix, ran the language file a 3rd time, installed the new language file, then ran the old language file for a 4th time. Opened the game and it just sits in a small 9x9 window, tried to play regardless but no campaigns will load.
    I removed the game, reinstalled it and this time didn't run the language file until after i installed everything, same errors.

I tried hard too... for days now!!

Whatever i do it crashes/freezes all the time ... and the logs contains no error messages except the last one.

Also, with trace ON, they're is thousands of missing files.... which is quite scary...

BETA 1.6 DOESNT WORK! So please, stop adding new content and just fix it first, it's in BETA for more than a year now.

This mod sounds awesome, and very ambitious but i cant get why its so painfully unstabble while TATW is doing so well?

I hope i will play it some day... but now, i'm giving up...

Dark Samurai's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by gaetan.dealmeida View Post
    I tried hard too... for days now!!

Whatever i do it crashes/freezes all the time ... and the logs contains no error messages except the last one.

Also, with trace ON, they're is thousands of missing files.... which is quite scary...

BETA 1.6 DOESNT WORK! So please, stop adding new content and just fix it first, it's in BETA for more than a year now.

This mod sounds awesome, and very ambitious but i cant get why its so painfully unstabble while TATW is doing so well?

I hope i will play it some day... but now, i'm giving up...
    Well you can't say it doesn't work.. it seems not for you though. I installed it today and played a little bit already. Had 1 CTD then just had to wait 10 mins for the icons to drop to actually play. Was playing Tomb Kings and issues were - some unit cards weren't complete, generals were all Skaven cards.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Some change list:

The whole reworked 'Orc reinforcements' script part is unlikely to work now, example first monitor:
    Code:
        monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType turks
            and not I_IsFactionAIControlled turks
            and I_SettlementOwner Blasted_Wastes = turks
            and BattlesWon = 5
            if BattlesLost = 0
                spawn_army
                    faction turks
                    character    random_name, general, age 24, x 185, y 64
                    unit        Orcs boar boyz                                  exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Orcz Arrerz                                  exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Goblin wolf rider                                  exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Goblinz Arrerz                                  exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Orcz boyz                exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Goblinz                exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Orcz Arrerz                exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Orcz spear boyz                exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Orcz boyz                exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Goblinz Arrerz                exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Orcz Arrerz                exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end
            end_if

if BattlesLost >= 1
                and BattlesLost <= 2
                spawn_army
                    faction turks
                    character    random_name, general, age 23, x 185, y 64
                    unit        Goblin wolf rider                                  exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Goblinz Arrerz                                  exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Goblinz spearz                exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Goblinz spearz                exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Goblinz Arrerz                exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end
            end_if
            historic_event ORC_UNIT factions { turks, }
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor
    Any condition in an if loop has to have the I_ prefix. The old script was fine.

Rewriting those monitors will be a pain as you have to put every if loop into it's own monitor with control counters so that if one monitor fires the other monitors that were if loops in that monitor get terminated, too.

This will do the trick:
    Code:
            and BattlesWon = 5
            and BattlesLost = 0
            if I_IsFactionAIControlled turks        ; terminate if faction is AI controlled
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
            if I_EventCounter orc_ref1 > 0            ; terminate if alternate moniotr has fired
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
            if I_EventCounter orc_ref1 < 1
                spawn_army
                    faction turks
                    character    random_name, general, age 24, x 185, y 64
                    unit        Orcs boar boyz                                  exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Orcz Arrerz                                  exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Orcz boyz                exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Orcz Arrerz                exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Orcz spear boyz                exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Orcz Arrerz                exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end
                set_event_counter orc_ref1 1
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
        end_monitor

and BattlesWon = 5
            and BattlesLost >= 1
            and BattlesLost <= 2
            if I_IsFactionAIControlled turks
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
            if I_EventCounter orc_ref1 > 0
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
            if I_EventCounter orc_ref1 < 1
                spawn_army
                    faction turks
                    character    random_name, general, age 23, x 185, y 64
                    unit        Goblinz spearz                exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Goblinz spearz                exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Goblinz Arrerz                exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end
                set_event_counter orc_ref1 1
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
        end_monitor
    Now to do it for the other 10 monitors with 2-3 if loops each
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 13, 2016 at 10:00 AM.

im at around turn 76 playing as averland, does anyone know when the storm of chaos event begins?
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

wich above all also contain a part of End of Times masterpice.
    Mother of god please tell me he means the old storm of chaos end times and not the absolutely pants on head retarded "hur dur let's blow up the universe and put space marines in warhammer fantasy" end times. It's bad enough the actual total war warhammer is looking more and more with every anouncment CA makes, but if the taint that is the end times grabs a hold of this mod as well, I might just go insane.