Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Greek Mod v. 3.0 with AOR system....(Last updated 30/01/2012)

Default Greek Mod v. 3.0 with AOR system....(Last updated 30/01/2012)

Hellas Mod v. 3.X

The 3rd major release of Hellas mod includes some changes in mod's interface and in campaign. A handy, simple but powerful launcher starts the mod game with one click. No more editing user script or manually move files around. Moreover you can find some useful futures in menu which you should already know from ETF launcher. Important: you do not have to -and you must not- edit user script unless you want to add other mods and combine them with Hellas Mod.

In campaign there are some significant changes as well. Now it starts in 1821 and it is set in 4 turns per year. Greece has got only Moreas region. Income has slightly increased in Moreas and Greece regions to help the new state survive the first turns as it is already in war with Ottomans. The Greek treasury is only 5000 while the Ottomans are far wealthier. In 15 first turns only irregulars and phillelines units are available. I've also increased dislikeness in population of Moreas to reflect the civil fights among Greeks during the revolution. Since it is not possible to add new characters, 2 unique units have been added, Theodoros Kolokotronis and Nikitaras. They have 12 men each, superior stats, they use the Royal Phalanx texture, while their leader use different main colours (red and green instead of blue) representing the 2 historical persons. Larissa is present from the start of the game as education town while Ioannina has been changed to a textile town. There are also some other minor changes and a couple of fixes for issues that had been reported in previous version.

Hellas Mod v. 2.X

Empire Total War news:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is version 2.X of Greek mod with many changes that aim to make it more interesting and more joyful. The most obvious changes are in textures. There are some fine textures made by Anastasios and some temporary made by me. All the textures should be reworked from Anastasios in next releases. Some units historically had traditional uniforms and guns. I've tried to make as closed it was possible due to serious limitations in changing models.

However the most important change in the game play are the changes in units stats and units recruitment. Stats where reworked having in mind the VH level where Greece normally has no chance. Even now it is very challenging and only a TW expert has a few chances to succeed.

Game play info and tips:

The regular units are expensive and limited in numbers thus with better stats and full sizes. This reflects the small economy of the new established Kingdom. Greek units can be recruited only in Moreas, Greece and Rumelia. The only global units are the irregulars and Chorofilakes (infantry and cavalry) that historically had also police duties. Naval units are also global. You won't be able to make more than 3-4 full stacks with regular units because of the limitations. Also the high prices in buying and keeping them will discourage you to recruit many of them early in the game before you develop your economy. But the enemies will never let you do that in land and sea...

A good strategy is always to avoid quick expansion and develop your economy. All the building slots in Athens lead to prestige buildings that boosts your economy. Sacrifice one of your towns for making a school for technology research. To protect your lands base your starting armies in irregulars that are cheap to buy and maintain. They are veterans of the Greek Revolution and especially in melee combat are excellent fighters. Also Philellenes (foreign volunteers) should be your early solution in recruiting line army and cavalry. They have also low cost in recruitment and up keeping.

Greece starts with 2 commercial and 1 naval port, reflecting the strong power that has traditionally in sea trade. Even during the Revolution the Greeks used trade vessels transformed to battle ships. There are 4 special unique naval units that should help you survive from the see threats with low cost in recruitment and up keeping. Also Greek 5th rate line vessels can beat easily the 5th rates of other factions and will be a challenging opponent for bigger enemy ships with the help of the unique naval units. Historically this power should be met in smaller vessels but in Late Campaign there are many big ships of the line around, so 5th rate is considered a small vessel even in the beginning of the game.

As mentioned the limitations in unit numbers will not let you make more than 3-4 full stack of regular units and these only in home regions and Rumelia. For the rest of the world you can recruit local units. More than 130 units are recruitable by Greece with the included AOR system.

Since the depth in game play is a main objective for this mod your suggestions and ideas in this filed playing with Greek mod is mostly welcome.

Changes in version 2.3:

* Includes all previous fixes.
    * All reported bugs have been fixed.

Changes in version 2.2:

* New units
    * New textures by Anastasios
    * Darth compatible version available
    * Other changes

Changes in version 2.1:

* New textures added for Taktikos Stratos and Artillery units, created by Anastasios.
    * Fixed issue with Steam Ship
    * Square formastion added for Philellenes
    * Other minor changes

Changes in version 2:

* Greek army reformed completely to reflex the time period. Historical accurate names and descriptions.
    * New skins for Greek units.
    * AOR system added for Greece.
    * Greek ships of the line (1st-6th rate) retextured.
    * Four special Greek naval units.
    * Land and naval Greek units stats reworked.
    * Four new prestige buildings.
    * BAI improved following some ideas of Darth Vader.
    * Animations improved thanks to tiyafeh,s mod. Now officers point in the battlefield, or look through telescope etc. instead of staying still. Also man_musket_sabre animations changed so when charging and in melee some of the men will use sabres and others will use muskets.
    * Greek titles have replaced European (Basileus, Prothipourgos, etc.).
    * Many other minor changes.

Prestige Buildings

Anaktora
    (government). The neoclassical three-floor structure designed by Friedrich von G?rtner and completed in 1843, originally served as a palace for the Greek monarchs.

Academia,
    Acad?me, or the Academy are collective terms for the community of students and scholars engaged in higher education and research. The word comes from the akademeia, just outside ancient Athens, where the gymnasium was made famous by Plato as a center of learning.

Oplostasio
    was the central wherahouse of military equipment assigned to Artillery Administartion.

Gramateia Stratiotikon was the center of the army leadership and command of the Greek Kingdom.

The Greek Army:

Irregulars

Royal Phalanx

Royal Phalanx was honorary corps of veterans of the Greek Revolution. The carried musket and sword, were dressed with their traditional clothes and they had excellent melee skills.

Ethnofilakes
    (National Guards) where responsible for the protection of the country side from rebel attacks. They were Veterans of the Revolution, very experienced in combat with excellent skills for melee battle. They carried a musket and a sword and were dressed with traditional clothes.

Orofilakes
    (Mountain Guards) where responsible for the protection of the mountain areas from rebel attacks. They were Veterans of the Revolution, very experienced in combat with excellent skills for melee battle. They carried a musket and a sword and were dressed with the traditional clothes.

Acrobolistes
    (Sharpshooters) were Veterans of the Revolution used in the battlefield as supporting force to regular army. They were very experienced in combat with excellent skills for melee battle. They carry a rifle and a sword and they were allowed to wear their traditional clothes.

Regulars

Bavarian Corps
    was a military force that accompanied the Bavarian first King of Greece, to secure his authority in the new established Greek Kingdom. NEW texture by Anastasios

Bavarian Royal Guard
    NEW texture by Anastasios

Phelellenes
    Philhellenism (the love of Greek culture) was an intellectual fashion prominent at the turn of the 19th century, that led Europeans like Lord Byron to advocate for Greek independence from the Ottoman Empire. NEW texture by Anastasios

Phelellenes Ippeis
    Texture by Anastasios

Taktikos Stratos
    Greek Taktikos Stratos (regular army) was organized in 1833 as the european modern armies of that period. New texture by Anastasios

Marines

Evelpides
    are young officer cadets, attending the Evelpidon Military Academy of Greece. They are well trained, but young and inexperienced light infantry units armed with rifles. Texture by Anastasios

Naval Cadets
    are young officers straight away from the Hellenic Naval Academy. They are well trained in melee fighting, but very often they prove themselves adept in handling rifles, that provides them a handy versatility in battle. Texture by Anastasios

Michaniko
    (Engineers), was a special technical force for constructing military facilities, bridges, roads, etc NEW texture by Anastasios

Chorofilakes
    (state guards) were military corps loyal to Greek monarch and responsible for maintaing the low and the order in all the state, the military camps and the army. It included infantry and cavalry units.

Chorofilakes Ippeis NEW
    texture by Anastasios

Lonchoforoi
    Ippeis (Lancers) was the first cavalry force of Greek Army.Texture by Anastasios

Epanastates Off.
    where officers of the regular army that often protest or made movements against the King's authority disappointed by his military or foreign policy.

Artillery units NEW
    texture by Anastasios

Non Historical units

Revolutionary Guards New Unit textured by Anastasios

Republican Guards New Unit textured by Anastasios

Campaign Line Infantry New Unit textured by Anastasios

Heavy Cavalry NEW texture by Anastasios

Greek Navy:

All line ships have been retextured. Also 4 unique special naval units have been added.

Special naval units:

Frigate ΕΛΛΑΣ 1st rate, Frigate ΕΛΠΙΣ 3rd rate, Frigate ΣΑΛΑΜΙΣ 4th rate, Frigate ΑΘΗΝΑ 5th rate

Installation:

First uninstall any previous version by deleting the relevant folders. Download Hellas_setup.7z, extract it and run the setup file. Make sure that you will install mod in main game's directory, which by default is in <HD>:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war. None of your files will be overwritten. After that proceed on installing the 3.0.1 fix.

Download Link: Hellas_setup.7z

FIX:

Download the Hellas_301Fix.7z and extract it in ...\empire total war overwriting existing files.

Download Link: Hellas_301Fix.7z

----------

Credits:

Danova
    for his lancers, albanian and musician models.
    Sir Digby Chicken Caesar for his Sikh warrior model.
    tiyafeh for his animation mod.
    Kungfuserge for his constant help.
    Darth Vader for his work in improving AI.
    Gertrudius!andKKB5for the help and material.

V. 1.5 beta

* Compatible with 1.5 patch
    * Greece playable in Late Campaign
    * Greece starts with greece and moreas regions
    * New textures
    * Loading screens
    * Other minor changes

The Team:

Founder of the mod: Demis 14
    Mod Leader/Coder: HusserlTw
    Lead Skinner/2D artist: Anastasios
    Skinner/2D artist: sam100255
    Research: Starlightman, HusserlTw

Thanks to:

1. Just for EsfEditor, Koras321, alpaca, erasmus777 for the later development.
    2. LtChambers for PackFileManager and DbEditor.
    3. Alpaca for modfoldering.
    4. All the friends of Greek mod thread.
    Last edited by husserlTW; February 02, 2012 at 05:42 AM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Greek Mod v. 2.0 with AOR system....(Last updated 10/01/2010)

Great job, Hellas team! I wish all minor factions had such a team working for them.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Greek Mod v. 2.2 with AOR system....(Last updated 02/02/2010)

This file is corrupt. PLEASE fix it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kostas84 View Post
    This file is corrupt. PLEASE fix it!!!
    I've added some more links.

Ok and sorry for being so serious i was just desperate to play as my country.
    Last edited by husserlTW; February 10, 2010 at 01:31 PM.

Each time i try to launch the mod using mod manager the game crashes, it doesnt show something at all, just "Empire: Total war" encountered an error...
    Last edited by husserlTW; February 10, 2010 at 01:32 PM.

Remove any other mod files especially those of type "movie" which do not need activation and it is easy to be forgotten.
    Last edited by husserlTW; February 11, 2010 at 06:23 AM.

LSD's Avatar Civis

Kosta, a friend was having similar problems, he ticked the 3 packs in mod manager and started the game through the mod manager, it crashed and then he was able to open it normally and play the mod from the Empire executable Try that.

Also I don't know if it's a bug or if somethings wrong with my game, been a while since I took part in Empire's modding scene , but after completely upgrading all the buildings in Athens(Grammateia Stratiotikon, Oplostasio..) the recruitment tab went completely blank. Any ideas?

Default Re: Greek Mod v. 2.3 with AOR system....(Last updated 23/02/2010)

husserlTW can i ask you a question:How can i put greek voice on my army because i saw that you have it developed....

There was a trial from a guy to make the voices but he never completed it. We need the voices first...

husserlTW I tried to design a greek flag but i can't understand how to do it....it is very complicated!!!!I understand English very well but I can't understand with what i must start

and i don't know with what i can extract an example flag from ui.pack

also i don't find ui/flags....where is it???

and i saw that the models.pack is corrupted when i extracted it....

can anyone answer to me please?????

ok i found it don't worry!!!

husserlTW I think i found the way to add greek voices so hellas has its own voices!!!
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 25, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

Can you please edit your first post instead of making a new one spaming the thread?

It is known how to add voices. The problem is to make them. Do you have Greek voices?

well i got them from a guy from a previous thread....the difficult is to add them with PFM not make them!!!

well i got them from a guy from a previous thread....the difficult is to add them with PFM not make them!!!

HusserlTW do you remember how can i change the name of my king in hellas mod????What must i use??Because i have changed photo and put kapodistrias as governor in republic and how can i find the portraits of the ministers???

will i find them in the ui.pack of original model??

Is there anyone who can help me ????
    Last edited by Antonios1821; June 26, 2010 at 01:41 PM.

who can answer me please/????????

Quote Originally Posted by Antonios1821 View Post
    You have to make a mod pack containing the sounds as it is the vanilla one. It must be "movie" and not "mod" type.

HusserlTW do you remember how can i change the name of my king in hellas mod????What must i use??Because i have changed photo and put kapodistrias as governor in republic and how can i find the portraits of the ministers???
    You have to change the _loc file.

will i find them in the ui.pack of original model??
    Yes they are in ui\portraits

thanks very much!!!

[QUOTE=husserlTW;7600868]You have to make a mod pack containing the sounds as it is the vanilla one. It must be "movie" and not "mod" type.

Well...i have darth file not vanilla.....but let's try....you never know.....

Ohh...and....husserlTW do you remember the number of the portrait???Is it on old or in young???
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 27, 2010 at 10:59 AM.

Then make the changes in Darth's.

change the loc file with pfm of esf editor ????because in hellas_darth_loc.pack just shows only one evidence....

....hey....hellooo!!!!????
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 27, 2010 at 10:59 AM.

It is a pack not an esf file.

ok thanks but do you remember the number of the portraits of the ministers of greece????

oh and take a look on your vanilla version....the navals.pack and models.pack are corrupted
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 27, 2010 at 04:47 PM.

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast