Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Is it just me or is the next heir submod included in MOS incompatible with Immortal heroes?

Aragorn died, Quite early in a battle before most of his companions did and when he came back he wasn't faction leader, which is understandable. So I kill off the new faction leader only for it then go to someone else, long story short a good 6 factions leaders later I can't get Aragorn as the next heir even though he has the book There and back again.

Anyone got any ideas?
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    Is it just me or is the next heir submod included in MOS incompatible with Immortal heroes?

Aragorn died, Quite early in a battle before most of his companions did and when he came back he wasn't faction leader, which is understandable. So I kill off the new faction leader only for it then go to someone else, long story short a good 6 factions leaders later I can't get Aragorn as the next heir even though he has the book There and back again.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Is Aragorn in your family tree?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Is Aragorn in your family tree?
    No he wasn't. Is this something that I can make happen?

Only generals in the family-tree can become faction leaders. Win heroic victories with him until you get the Man of the Hour-offer to adopt him (mind you, there must be someone who have not 4 children already to adopt him, and the offer will presumably not come as long as you have so many generals in your tree that they match the amount of provinces you currently have).
    Best of luck!

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks, I'll give it a go!

Still no luck on this one. I had Aragorn take the fight to Osgiliath where he was involved in some large battles.

Also the total diplomacy options don't seem to work for me such as ally invade or even the into for total diplomacy. Any ideas? Pressing like Shift-D, Shift-I and nothing
    Last edited by Lord Dakier; April 24, 2016 at 09:44 AM.

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    You might already have more generals than you should, based on the provinces you have. Or you might just be incredibly unlucky, I don't know. Anyway, governors are not that important in TATW, so you can probably expand without them.
    My problem is, I keep loosing entire armies to rebellion/becoming rebels, traitors and such. I'll keep working at it.

Then you need generals in the armies, not governors, and better Authority for your faction leader

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Could someone help me quickly.

I wanted to reskin the Wardens of Erynnor into the Sword Quendi that the High Elves have, as well as using the Noretino skin for the regular archers for the Silvan Elves so I simply copied the Sword Quendi soldier line and replaced the Wardens of Erynnor line in the export_descr_units.txt, and likewise with the archers, but in game the texture of the models are just silver. What am I doing wrong?
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    Could someone help me quickly.

I wanted to reskin the Wardens of Erynnor into the Sword Quendi that the High Elves have, as well as using the Noretino skin for the regular archers for the Silvan Elves so I simply copied the Sword Quendi soldier line and replaced the Wardens of Erynnor line in the export_descr_units.txt, and likewise with the archers, but in game the texture of the models are just silver. What am I doing wrong?
    You forgot to edit .modeldb;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nother-faction

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Ah, thank you!
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

What is the reasoning behind Eriador/Arnor requiring Woldberg, a random province in Northern Rohan, for victory. It's the only victory condition that seems out of place with their campaign, considering (if Isengard falls flat on its face like it did in my current campaign despite their free stacks and bonus super troops) that you'd have to backstab a Good nation to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starki113r View Post
    What is the reasoning behind Eriador/Arnor requiring Woldberg, a random province in Northern Rohan, for victory. It's the only victory condition that seems out of place with their campaign, considering (if Isengard falls flat on its face like it did in my current campaign despite their free stacks and bonus super troops) that you'd have to backstab a Good nation to take it.
    Dunno about the reasoning, or if it's a mistake, but you can always buy it by normal means, or merely use Total Diplomacy and force the owner to give it to you (or trade something for it that you deem proper)

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Dunno about the reasoning, or if it's a mistake, but you can always buy it by normal means, or merely use Total Diplomacy and force the owner to give it to you (or trade something for it that you deem proper)
    IRRC total diplomacy is removed in MOS 1.7
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hi. I have a problem with the campaign AI and I don't know how to fix it.
    I apologise for writing in this thread. I have tried to look for the solution on the forum, but found nothing. The Third Age bug thread is reserved for vanilla TA (according to the FAQ).

ISSUE:

Playing as High Elves, I noticed that dwarves from the west are not moving their troops at all, since around 15th turn (turn 50+ now).
    They don't build, attack anyone, or move their armies. When given some land, the gifted town/castle just stands there empty, and not a single dwarf comes. They don't attack Gundabar, even when I ask them to. Mysteriously, Orcs seem not willing to take their empty settlements as well.

I tried to give them some money, moving their generals via console, taking away the military acces and giving it back... nothing helps.
    When disabling campaign fog of war, one can notice that some dwarves from the far north-east do ocasionally move a few steps. But mostly, the AI just skips dwarves' turns after 2-3 seconds of lag.

Any ideas how to 'reset' their broken behaviour? The other factions are fine.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Damianus_NT.

If you are playing MOS, then this is the right thread to ask questions.

Not much that can be done about AI behaviour, I'm afraid. The dwarves are probably the most difficult faction for the AI to handle, as their territories are so far apart from each other.

The things you describe are not that uncommon, it is one of the weak points in this game. The only thing I know of that may help is to make sure a faction (in this case the Dwarves) has territory directly adjacent to the region you want to gift them. If they have to cross other lands to get there, it is very unlikely they will do so. And there is of course always the rather big chance of the settlement rebelling before a new owner gets there.

In case of attacking other factions it is a similar situation. If a faction does not share a border with a faction they are at war with, they may very well do nothing. Especially when the factions they do have a border to, are stronger.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Thank you for the welcome and your reply, Veteraan. I'm lurking since 2011

The way you explained it (the problems with pathfinding)... I'm affraid this may be the case. The original game indeed has its limitations.
    It definitely looked like a bug to me (a whole faction idle for 30+ turns), but I guess there is nothing to be done. Well, its time to lead the dwarves by the hand. One province by one, moving their troops via the console. Maybe they will finally wake up; I really wish to see them active.

However, even though dwarves refuse to fight the orcs, my overall campaign experience is really, really good. TATW with MOS is a true gem amongst mods and a little masterpiece on its own. So good.
    Gonna try some turtling with VH/VH Gondor after I'm finished with elves.

Thank you again, and have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Welcome to the forums, Damianus_NT.

If you are playing MOS, then this is the right thread to ask questions.

Not much that can be done about AI behaviour, I'm afraid. The dwarves are probably the most difficult faction for the AI to handle, as their territories are so far apart from each other.

The things you describe are not that uncommon, it is one of the weak points in this game. The only thing I know of that may help is to make sure a faction (in this case the Dwarves) has territory directly adjacent to the region you want to gift them. If they have to cross other lands to get there, it is very unlikely they will do so. And there is of course always the rather big chance of the settlement rebelling before a new owner gets there.

In case of attacking other factions it is a similar situation. If a faction does not share a border with a faction they are at war with, they may very well do nothing. Especially when the factions they do have a border to, are stronger.
    On the subject is it not worth breaking up the High Elves and Dwarves into smaller factions? In my campaign as Eriador they just kind of conquered North and eastern middle-earth. They then conquered most the Silvan Elves, while Mordor was rofl-stomping Gondor. In fact my campaign was made so easy early game simply becasue Remnants of Angmar and OOTMM where being put to the sword by the Dwarves and I was dealing with the occassional stack while I conquered everything around me.

Don't really expect High Elves to do much and in the east that was certainly true. Over at Imladris apart from clearing the occassional stack from their territory they didn't want to know.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    IRRC total diplomacy is removed in MOS 1.7
    It should still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    On the subject is it not worth breaking up the High Elves and Dwarves into smaller factions? In my campaign as Eriador they just kind of conquered North and eastern middle-earth. They then conquered most the Silvan Elves, while Mordor was rofl-stomping Gondor. In fact my campaign was made so easy early game simply becasue Remnants of Angmar and OOTMM where being put to the sword by the Dwarves and I was dealing with the occassional stack while I conquered everything around me.

Don't really expect High Elves to do much and in the east that was certainly true. Over at Imladris apart from clearing the occassional stack from their territory they didn't want to know.
    Remnants of Angmar?

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    It should still be there.

Remnants of Angmar?
    Apologies, Orcs of Gundabad. I'm in the middle of a DaC campaign as well as just finishing up on my Eriador one.