Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

@ Gig, there's no double army position in the descr_strat.txt original. So it might have happened during kostic campaign

@ Fishmalk, does it happened during a specific faction's turn? Have you tried to update your mod config file (default.cfg) with the following code?
    Code:
    [log]
    to=mods/SS6.3/system.log.txt
    level=* trace
    Note that if you do, the log will be quite long
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Don't know about that one, but the EDCT parsing errors (not critical) are most likely missing the 'trait' condition before the tokens.

Blog Entries

We have re-worked that file for the next release. So it might have been fixed somehow.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jinetes and Javelinmen weapon texture missing for Aragon. - can't find the issue. All look fine

I think that issue is the secondary weapon of these spanish units (caballeros hidalgos, jinetes,caballeros villanos and javelinmen units) i remember that these units in close combat with their secondary weapon(sword) is dissapear, maybe now is fixed...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@ Lifth & Gig
    I have no problem moving my armies from the 2 cities in question. So there is no problem of double army ... My mini mod did not change anything about cities. I think this error can happen on SSHIP too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ Gig, there's no double army position in the descr_strat.txt original. So it might have happened during kostic campaign

@ Fishmalk, does it happened during a specific faction's turn? Have you tried to update your mod config file (default.cfg) with the following code?
    Code:
    [log]
    to=mods/SS6.3/system.log.txt
    level=* trace
    Note that if you do, the log will be quite long
    My config file already had those lines. I posted just the last 10 lines of my log file because thats what the OP said to do. Full log file at https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v5rno10xn...m.log.txt?dl=0.

I am not sure which faction's turn the crash occurs on. I think it is during mine after I end the turn and before another faction's turn begins.

My crus states family tree is missing my Prince, his wife and his child. I'm also hoping that the DOA status of those other family members is historically significant and not part of the same bug. I thought it would fix itself by marrying the Venetian princess and birthing a child. Does the adopted prince not enter the family tree this way ?

Last edited by Ruprecht; August 23, 2019 at 10:08 PM.
    Signature by Lucarius.

Blog Entries

How did the prince get adopted, and by whom?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    How did the prince get adopted, and by whom?
    The Prince by default is "Guillaume de_Bures" Yet apparently he became prince without ever being adopted into the family. Funnily, one of the other generals "Raymond de_Poitiers" won man-of-the-hour just now and so I have adopted him. I thought that was only possible when a non-general unit leads an army. But Raymond is now registered in the family tree.

None of this makes a whole lot of sense to me.
    Signature by Lucarius.

Blog Entries

@ Fishmalk, try to remove the fog of war (console command: toggle_fow) and to follow the movements on the map. It may takes time but will help to see exactly when it occurs.

@ Ruprecht, I'm not sure but it may be due to the next heir feature
    However, it will be removed in the next release because conflicting somehow with JoC traits work
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; August 23, 2019 at 11:33 PM.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprecht View Post
    My crus states family tree is missing my Prince, his wife and his child. I'm also hoping that the DOA status of those other family members is historically significant and not part of the same bug. I thought it would fix itself by marrying the Venetian princess and birthing a child. Does the adopted prince not enter the family tree this way ?

Not a bug, guillaime is designated as the heir in the descr_strat, he just isn't a part of your family, nor is he adopted. When your ruler dies, the family tree will switch to starting with Guillaime.
    Real life is balanced.

That's unfortunate. I've had virtually zero success getting any of the succession mods to work as advertised, so I shouldn't be overly troubled that it's getting removed. I might try manually removing the script for my next campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post
    Not a bug, guillaime is designated as the heir in the descr_strat, he just isn't a part of your family, nor is he adopted. When your ruler dies, the family tree will switch to starting with Guillaime.
    How can he be Prince without entering the family ? And if he is Prince, that would make him royalty, so he should be registered as family. He also married into royalty and has a child.

I perceive it as a bug because it's not intuitive at all to omit details of the current faction heir and their family.
    Last edited by Ruprecht; August 24, 2019 at 12:34 AM.
    Signature by Lucarius.

Blog Entries

Prince=heir

Not designating a heir in descr_strat will elevate the second named character in descr_strat automatically to heir (and result into an error message about it), the first character will be the FL by default if no other has been appointed.

It is also possible to designate a non family character as FH by simple by way of 'appointment' via the character line.

The non-tree heir is probably messing around with the heir script, depending on the script conditions.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 24, 2019 at 02:34 AM.

Prince=heir

Not designating a heir in descr_strat will elevate the second named character in descr_strat automatically to heir (and result into an error message about it), the first character will be the FL by default if no other has been appointed.

It is also possible to designate a non family character as FH by simple by way of 'appointment' via the character line.

The non-tree heir is probably messing around with the heir script, depending on the script conditions.

The issue I'm seeing is that he has already been titled as "Prince" meaning Royalty. Adoption would be the precursor to the title of Prince, yet that part is missing.
    Signature by Lucarius.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure that there's anything we can do if he's not a family member at the start of the campaign

Blog Entries

The issue I'm seeing is that he has already been titled as "Prince" meaning Royalty. Adoption would be the precursor to the title of Prince, yet that part is missing.
    Where the game is concerned he is the properly assigned FH (I am assuming it was via the character line, see Rufus' example) - hence the title. It is not bound to any other circumstances, eg presence in the family tree.

descr_strat
    Code:
    character    Rufus, named character, male, heir, age 26, x 109, y 158
    text\expanded:
    Code:
    {EMT_ENGLAND_FACTION_HEIR_NAME}Prince %S
    I am not sure what you mean with the phrase I marked in blue.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 24, 2019 at 06:37 AM.

It is not bound to any other circumstances, eg presence in the family tree.

I know he is correctly assigned in code. The problem is that I have royalty with no documentation of marriage, lineage, names or ages. While the code may allow the current Prince and family to be excluded from the tree, it doesn't adhere to the consistency of normal game mechanics.

I am not sure what you mean with the phrase I marked in blue.

The entitlement of Prince would rely on him being either of royal blood or having been adopted into the royal family. Neither of these two conditions have been illustrated in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I'm not sure that there's anything we can do if he's not a family member at the start of the campaign

I wonder if I can get him into the family tree by awarding him man-of-the-hour, like I did with Raymond. I will try this soon.
    Last edited by Ruprecht; August 24, 2019 at 05:18 PM.
    Signature by Lucarius.

Blog Entries

I know he is correctly assigned in code. The problem is that I have royalty with no documentation of marriage, lineage, names or ages. While the code may allow the current Prince and family to be excluded from the tree, it doesn't adhere to the consistency of normal game mechanics.
    The normal mechanics is that the assignment makes him the heir.

The entitlement of Prince would rely on him being either of royal blood or having been adopted into the royal family. Neither of these two conditions have been illustrated in-game.
    That would be the normal circumstances but it is an assumption not borne out by facts.

I wonder if I can get him into the family tree by awarding him man-of-the-hour, like I did with Raymond. I will try this soon.
    Spawn him via script with the 'family' assignment at the beginning of the game, that might work. But he needs to be send off map first in descr_strat as heir, else someone else will be appointed heir.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 24, 2019 at 09:36 PM.

The normal mechanics is that the assignment makes him the heir.
    I've never disputed that. How or why he was assigned is irrelevant to my issue. The fact that he is assigned and yet has no relevant documentation is. Needlessly conflating the two doesn't excuse it from being functionally broken, unless you consider being deprived of vital information good game design.

That would be the normal circumstances but it is an assumption not borne out by facts.

It would be a reasonable assumption because it's more consistent with both tradition and existing game mechanics than not.
    Signature by Lucarius.

Blog Entries

I've never disputed that. How or why he was assigned is irrelevant to my issue. The fact that he is assigned and yet has no relevant documentation is. Needlessly conflating the two doesn't excuse it from being functionally broken, unless you consider being deprived of vital information good game design.
    So basically, you're rising an issue just for a missing information message?
    It might easier just to setup a message like the one for "End of a dynasty?" to represent a new one replacing the other
    And for info, JoC has started to implement information messages about the game features. They will pop up during the first few turns in the next release.

It would be a reasonable assumption because it's more consistent with both tradition and existing game mechanics than not.
    What tradition?
    Historically, dynaties didn't last forever and there are numerous examples of a family replacing another for ruling. Not to mention other systems such as republics or by electing the ruler like for the HRE. What about marriages as well? Not to mention how it worked in the Muslim realms.

About the game mechanic, you're basically reporting something due to the game mechanic. I don't know if it can be done but another option when there are male kids under age would be to appoint a temporary ruler, a tutor if you like, for the time the oldest kid reaches the right age to rule himself
    That is accurate. It happened many times even if the tutor kept the power in some cases by eliminating the heir