Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Creative Assembly Business Practice Discussion Thread (Warhammer I & II)

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: CA business practice discussion thread

+1 footsoldier I like the last paragraph

As you speak about elders. There is a recent survey result showing that the usual gamer is not in the teenage but around aged around the 30's. This survey was held in Germany only.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    The 2% statement was misused and misunderstood however. They referred to 2% of people that had technical issues to even launch the game. Not saying only 2% facing ANY technical difficulties at all.

It was probably more like 20% of people could not launch the game for about a month, I know because I was one of them, also as you probably know the game was unplayable for the first six months due to 15 or less frame rates even on a super computer. Reflecting on the whole deal has me in a rage ,quiet frankly I still feel ripped off.
    Last edited by Lionheart11; June 15, 2016 at 04:29 AM.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    It was probably more like 20% of people could not launch the game for about a month, I know because I was one of them, also as you probably know the game was unplayable for the first six months due to 15 or less frame rates even on a super computer. Reflecting on the whole deal has me in a rage ,quiet frankly I still feel ripped off.
    Well there was only one setting that killed the framerate even on supercomputers

NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post

As you speak about elders. There is a recent survey result showing that the usual gamer is not in the teenage but around aged around the 30's. This survey was held in Germany only.
    Those are the soul of TW ,but a specie in extinction on TW and even in human society . Its rare to find a young man that is passioned by military warfare history .
    More and more , its about imaginary stories instead about real history .

I just hope that Medieval III will bring us all we wish , a European map for the clans to battle as we had with Shogun II with the leagues ,statistics,etc and a spetacular campaign also with also with a league with statistics for the players that enjoy campaigns and HOTSEAT option back .
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post
    Its rare to find a young man that is passioned by military warfare history .
    Now that is quite true, not many young people I know even read anything these days, and I work amongst a scientific community who being well educated generally I believe are by definition more likely to read.
    When I was a young man(ages ago) I got talking to some old fellow in a shopping center, turned out amongst our varied conversation that he fought in Burma during WWII, the look of surprise on his face when I started rattling off the term the 'Forgotten Army' and the names of the battles and places, I think he was very surprised I knew any of it.

Although games like World of Tanks can sometimes help because they can create interest. I work with a young man whom I just lent a very specific book to on a German WWII Sturm tank killer unit, interest can create interest. Maybe I could try him next on the memoirs of a Polish lancer during the Napoleonic wars, although that may well be pushing the boat out a little to far, as the saying goes
    Last edited by Frost, colonel; June 16, 2016 at 04:16 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

WHY do you complain about CA practice?
    CA/SEGA proved twice before that has chosen a practice that finds the TW hardcore players majority against it.
    No modding tools
    No actuall help to modders
    More DLCs
    Broken and unfinished games.

Antiquity Greeks had a quote:
    ΔΙΣ ΕΞΑΜΑΡΤΕΙΝ ΟΥΚ ΑΝΔΡΟΣ ΣΟΦΟΥ
    That means that a man is not "wise"/clever when he makes the same mistake TWICE.
    BY buying Warhammer after buying Rome II and Attila does not make CA/SEGA frauds but YOU fools that believed them!
    So..stop complaining !
    Last edited by Flinn; June 20, 2016 at 05:16 AM. Reason: removed off topic. unecesary disruptive comments
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

I agree, and personally even if I enjoy TWW I can't help to feel bitter about CA. There's a moment after S2TW when I realised CA's aim was not to create the best TW experience but the TW that would sell the better. And this is a very different thing. Of course, it's their franchise, it's their right, but look at TWW for exemple, can't we assume it would have never existed without the TATW mod for M2TW ?

I think that considering what they owe the modders to CA have been pretty ingrate (or jut unccoperative).

I might be paranoid and dellusionned (well, experience showed me that I'm more the opposite) but here's how I see it. Take the modding summit for R2 for exemple. I hold it to be a fine exemple of CA's duplicity : you make the game less moddable* than any previous title BUT you spend a bit of money (yes, for CA, a modding summit is not much) in a symbolic event that will produce nothing else but sound.

I also feel even bitter about the disapearance of the family tree, unmatched combat and guard mode now they have come back. What was it all for ? Going against your fans opinion just to finally punk out 2 games later when you realise they were right.

* Compared to M2TW, R2 is barely moddable. Yes you can change soldier's dress to the infinite but we know that a TW game is more than a soldier's fashion podium. Compare it even to S2 and you will find that it lost a great deal of options in the modding of the campaign map for exemple.
    Last edited by Yerevan; June 18, 2016 at 12:47 AM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    I agree, and personally even if I enjoy TWW I can't help to feel bitter about CA. There's a moment after S2TW when I realised CA's aim was not to create the best TW experience but the TW that would sell the better. And this is a very different thing. Of course, it's their franchise, it's their right, but look at TWW for exemple, can't we assume it would have never existed without the TATW mod for M2TW ?

I think that considering what they owe the modders to CA have been pretty ingrate (or jut unccoperative).

I might be paranoid and dellusionned (well, experience showed me that I'm more the opposite) but here's how I see it. Take the modding summit for R2 for exemple. I hold it to be a fine exemple of CA's duplicity : you make the game less moddable* than any previous title BUT you spend a bit of money (yes, for CA, a modding summit is not much) in a symbolic event that will produce nothing else but sound.

I also feel even bitter about the disapearance of the family tree, unmatched combat and guard mode now they have come back. What was it all for ? Going against your fans opinion just to finally punk out 2 games later when you realise they were right.

* Compared to M2TW, R2 is barely moddable. Yes you can change soldier's dress to the infinite but we know that a TW game is more than a soldier's fashion podium. Compare it even to S2 and you will find that it lost a great deal of options in the modding of the campaign map for exemple.
    I have no idea why a company would want their product to sell better?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I don't understand you guys...
    WHY do you complain about CA practice?
    CA/SEGA proved twice before that has chosen a practice that finds the TW hardcore players majority against it.
    No modding tools
    No actuall help to modders
    More DLCs
    Broken and unfinished games.

Antiquity Greeks had a quote:

That means that a man is not "wise"/clever when he makes the same mistake TWICE.
    BY buying Warhammer after buying Rome II and Attila does not make CA/SEGA frauds but YOU fools that believed them!
    So..stop complaining and start being smart for once in your live!
    WHY do you complain about CA practive?
    It's almost like, Ca isn't designing solely for mildly talented modders on a game forum.
    It's almost like, Ca saw that investing in expensive modding tools is not worth it.
    Last edited by Flinn; June 20, 2016 at 05:18 AM. Reason: removed off topic. unecesary disruptive comments

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Once again, I had to put my hands here; let me remind everybody to keep it civil and to avoid personal references and offensive orders from now on, as they will be treated as off topic and disruptive. Last warning gents.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Commenting on moderation actions is off-topic everywhere except the commentary forum. Insults aren't allowed anywhere. Two very simple rules that I would not advise breaking (again).

It amazes me that people still are complaining about how CA does business with the DLC's. First of all none of us consumers know the cost it takes to put a unit in the game or develop any of it for that matter. Anyone who works in the gaming industry can speculate but unless you work for CA directly you still have no idea because it's a different genre than 98% of all the other games you can play. On top of this they are a business that needs to make a profit or they go under and will no longer make games such as this. Not that big of a mystery. Could they improve in some places yes. Hell I can improve in some areas of my life the difference being I'm not in the spotlight. The deal ends with they have to make a profit and show success of a product to continue it. I want to see expansions because I think this is their best game to date and believe that what is to come is even better regardless of the dlc promotion. Look at dlcs as whether you want them or not. Supply and demand go into effect for everything. I won't by pants that cost 100 dollars because THAT is stupid when I can get the same thing for twenty. What can you get like this game for its cost?

I've heard on more than one occasion that the TW franchise goes without competitor, which follows such quality hiccups, and DLCs extravaganza. Do you guys think this is so?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by apostrophefz View Post
    I've heard on more than one occasion that the TW franchise goes without competitor, which follows such quality hiccups, and DLCs extravaganza. Do you guys think this is so?
    I do think so yes
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Would you call TW Warhammer a step forward?

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    No I think Total War: Warhammer was a huge step backwards. Mostly in regards to animations. There are no longer any kill animations everyone is just swinging in the air, no matched combat, etc. It also really dumbed down armies. The leaders are the only things you can get attached to, but even they are really bland. CA put all their eggs in the Legendary Lords basket. Attilla did a good job of having a family tree, politics and army traditions. That sort of depth was fun.

Also I'm still not sure how I feel about the conquering restrictions. I get that CA is trying to reshape how we play the game so that we don't steamroll and things don't get stale... but they haven't found the solution to that yet. The current system just makes it so our games end faster. Steamrolling is still a problem, but now we just have less to steamroll.
    Stremlining is the reason why so many games are become less fun because the games industry realises that it dwarves Hollywood in term of profit making. Casual players are an excellent target, and they streamline. I can't blame them because for years game developers were working in a niche industry between 2000-2011. Now you see in 2013, the most overhyped games were released and they didn't do well. Now you have the AC series taking a break, while Warcraft got its own movie. Now look at Civ 6, to be frank it's a mod. It looks like one. They have streamlined. The focus is on creating profit. Realistically you can't finish a game with in six months unless you have a very good development team with experience. Most developers that come now are just focused on job prospects and making profit. The days of making games that are fun is gone. They love to show amazing visuals at E3. You never get what they promised. Warhammer is quite a small map. They could have just made the region's bigger, get rid of the horrible sieges. I prefer big cities to siege working Ai. If total war games at this rate become too streamlined, or as CA has shown a habit of doing, cutting good features while retaining the bad ones. RII is an obvious example. The thing is they make the game based on the player now. When the developers of AOII made their game, they worried less about the customer and focused on making a fun game. Hence why it is still repayable today. It just worries me because CA have so many young developers, 400, but when it came to design ing cities in RII and Attila, they really did a lazy job. Look at the mod map makers for Shogun 2 and Attila and they did a far better job.

It's streamlining, and it is CA not interacting with their community that has led to this. They will keep on making streamlined games. This is more obvious with other game developers. There has to be a change in mindset otherwise we will just get streamlined and streamlined games. I might be wrong but this is just my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

moved from here as this pertains more to business practice discussion // Flinn
    Last edited by Flinn; July 04, 2016 at 08:57 AM.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

If CA reverts back to pre-Rome II TW games then I may start playing again. I was so disappointed with Rome II I played for about a week then it went on a shelf and never picked it up again. Never bothered with any TW game since and have only been modding and playing with my previous TW title mods (MTW2, Nappy, Shogun2, etc.). Please CA for the love you hold for all nerds, fire your entire staff that worked on Rome II and later and start back at the basics! Get your mojo back!

With that said, it's pretty obvious I have no interest in Warhammer or anything that resembles it. CA has been on the wrong path for a while now IMO. Flame if you must, just stating my own frustrations.
    Last edited by Hazbones; July 10, 2016 at 06:16 AM.

captcruch's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    If CA reverts back to pre-Rome II TW games then I may start playing again. I was so disappointed with Rome II I played for about a week then it went on a shelf and never picked it up again. Never bothered with any TW game since and have only been modding and playing with my previous TW title mods (MTW2, Nappy, Shogun2, etc.). Please CA for the love you hold for all nerds, fire your entire staff that worked on Rome II and later and start back at the basics! Get your mojo back!

With that said, it's pretty obvious I have no interest in Warhammer or anything that resembles it. CA has been on the wrong path for a while now IMO. Flame if you must, just stating my own frustrations.

I understand you so much I felt the same.......... has the shogun II era

If the Yankees dare set foot in Virginia,we must show them bayonet .

I think you re not being fair here guys. CA has done huge changes for the better. All games after M2TW are progresively better. They might have additions you dissagree with but they are steps forward. I know i cant change your minds. Just look at this game with a different view is all im saying. Its true its really easy and fast but theres more to come. Just saying......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Imperator Artorius's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    I think you re not being fair here guys. CA has done huge changes for the better. All games after M2TW are progresively better. They might have additions you dissagree with but they are steps forward. I know i cant change your minds. Just look at this game with a different view is all im saying. Its true its really easy and fast but theres more to come. Just saying......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Maybe if you looked at the TW games from a different view you might think they haven't got progressively better. You might think they have but I and a lot of other people certainly don't,both positions being valid ones to hold, so I'd be careful with your wording, else people might think you are confusing fact with opinion.

I cant find a single thing M2TW or MTW does better than Rome 2 apart from the setting but whatever. I dont go on forums/fora to discuss ''political correctness'' and how people get offended/unsettled/mislead/frustrated (to get you all people covered) by words. To each their own I guess.... I wont go any further than that.

And for the moderators, no offence meant to anyone.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I moved the last 5 posts from another thread, as they pertain more here than not in there.
    Last edited by Flinn; July 12, 2016 at 03:30 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader