Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Shogun (AUM-SHO) 2.8 - updated 31.12.17

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.5 - updated 28.3.11

Quote Originally Posted by soheisohei View Post
    YOU ARE AWESOME! THANKS!
    Thanks a lot sohei!

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Hello, first thank you for great mod Sir.

I just want to ask something

1. Yari Ronin - i can create it only in last version of market - "SHO_Crafts_4_Kanabukama" Your post say they should be recruitable in all version, since katakubana can be build only once its not very good.
    2. Is this normal that Ronin units have only 120 men?
    3. Could you make Wako units buildable in some other buildings then just pirate nest? Very rare buildings.
    Thanks Radious!

1. Please re-check the availability in all your regions with the market buildings.
    2. The unit size is from vanilla and I didn't touch the related "unit_stats_land" table.
    3. I made them only recruitable in the pirate buildings because it would fit best. But you're right that these buildings are very rare on the map and the player has to control lots of regions before he can recruit them. I could make them available at the market buildings too. In a sense of mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerkl8r View Post
    So is there the ability in STW2 to limit the number of a given unit that the player can recruit like in ETW? So that you can only have one of this unit and maybe 4 of that unit for example.

Also, are you saying that the sword ashigaru and Onna Bushi can't be unlocked ever or you just cannot yet? I find myself wanting a unit of Onna Bushi in my army just for uniqueness of the unit.
    And how far away from being able to add custom new units to the game are you?
    Hello Puerkl8r, yes the unit limit can be changed in the "units" table, but this table isn't accessible with taw's tools yet (only with hex-editing). The "Loan Sword Ashigaru" and the "Onna Bushi" can be unlocked after the related table is accessible.

I can create new custom units after the "units" and "unit_stats_land" tables are accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Swiss Version 1.5 CTD's in "All In One" mod?? any ideas on problem as I cannot open files to view? thanks

EDIT: found problem, the Unit Variety Mod is causing CTD with your mod?? When I save as a "Mod" the game starts!
    Hello Toon, I checked it too and good that is works now.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

I checked both my campaigns - Katana Ronin in every market building, but Yari Ronin only in Kanabukama building = only one city. Atlest i have 4 level 3 markets - only Katana Ronin and one level 4 (Kanabukama) market - Katana + Yari Ronins.

I dont have earlier level of market anymore, so maybe Yari Ronin are recruitable in level 1,2 and 4 and you accidently forgot level 3?

I tripple checked it :-)

About the wako units - if you will make them recruitable in other building i will be happy
    Last edited by Radious; March 28, 2011 at 04:57 PM.

Great job swiss on getting those units unlocked!

Question regarding the loan-sword ashigaru:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437766, in the S2R mod they apparently have unlocked the loan-sword for singleplayer.

You said you ran into some problems with it or something regarding not enough databases to access, but how did they do it?

Just curious as I would be very happy to see them in the campaign.
    Unfortunately this isn't fully compatible with TROM so I don't know if I can actually use this or not....
    I may have to just start a new campaign with vanilla + AUM because I am so excited to try out the Wako and Ronin.

And lastly, a small question: do you have to start a new campaign to get the updated behaviors and unlocked units or does it apply to an existing one/save game?

Thank you again Swiss for all your hard work and I am looking forward to your reply!
    My machine:
    MOBO: Z270 GAMING M3
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666
    GPU: Zotac GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO + 5 HDD

I checked both my campaigns - Katana Ronin in every market building, but Yari Ronin only in Kanabukama building = only one city. Atlest i have 4 level 3 markets - only Katana Ronin and one level 4 (Kanabukama) market - Katana + Yari Ronins.
    I dont have earlier level of market anymore, so maybe Yari Ronin are recruitable in level 1,2 and 4 and you accidently forgot level 3?
    I tripple checked it :-)

About the wako units - if you will make them recruitable in other building i will be happy
    Hello Radious, yes I included all related market buildings.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "SHO_Crafts_1_Market" "Inf_Sword_Katana_Ronin" 1 false 1182 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_2_Rice_Exchange" "Inf_Sword_Katana_Ronin" 1 false 1188 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_3_Merchant_Guild" "Inf_Sword_Katana_Ronin" 2 false 1195 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_4_Kanabukama" "Inf_Sword_Katana_Ronin" 2 false 1200 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_1_Market" "Inf_Spear_Yari_Ronin" 1 false 1174 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_2_Rice_Exchange" "Inf_Spear_Yari_Ronin" 1 false 1177 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_3_Merchant_Guild" "Inf_Spear_Yari_Ronin" 2 false 1182 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_4_Kanabukama" "Inf_Spear_Yari_Ronin" 2 false 1185 false false false false nil false

I think it would be good to make the Wako units available at the "Sake" buildings too. Because of the few provinces with "Pirate" buildings. A place where criminals get their sake.

"SHO_Stealth_1_Sake_Den"
    "SHO_Stealth_2_Gambling_Hall"
    "SHO_Stealth_3_Criminal_Syndicate"

Quote Originally Posted by zorphon View Post
    Great job swiss on getting those units unlocked!

Question regarding the loan-sword ashigaru:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437766, in the S2R mod they apparently have unlocked the loan-sword for singleplayer.

You said you ran into some problems with it or something regarding not enough databases to access, but how did they do it?

Just curious as I would be very happy to see them in the campaign.
    Unfortunately this isn't fully compatible with TROM so I don't know if I can actually use this or not....
    I may have to just start a new campaign with vanilla + AUM because I am so excited to try out the Wako and Ronin.

And lastly, a small question: do you have to start a new campaign to get the updated behaviors and unlocked units or does it apply to an existing one/save game?

Thank you again Swiss for all your hard work and I am looking forward to your reply!
    Thanks for your nice words Zorphon! Yes I saw the S2-Realism mod and it's made with hex-editing.

AUM-SHO can be used with all save-games and it isn't needed to start a new campaign. I will add this information to my first page too.

Good news about the "units" table. It is now accessible with taw's amazing tools and this is one step further to custom units.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    "SHO_Crafts_1_Market" "Inf_Sword_Katana_Ronin" 1 false 1182 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_2_Rice_Exchange" "Inf_Sword_Katana_Ronin" 1 false 1188 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_3_Merchant_Guild" "Inf_Sword_Katana_Ronin" 2 false 1195 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_4_Kanabukama" "Inf_Sword_Katana_Ronin" 2 false 1200 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_1_Market" "Inf_Spear_Yari_Ronin" 1 false 1174 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_2_Rice_Exchange" "Inf_Spear_Yari_Ronin" 1 false 1177 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_3_Merchant_Guild" "Inf_Spear_Yari_Ronin" 2 false 1182 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Crafts_4_Kanabukama" "Inf_Spear_Yari_Ronin" 2 false 1185 false false false false nil false

I think it would be good to make the Wako units available at the "Sake" buildings too. Because of the few provinces with "Pirate" buildings. A place where criminals get their sake.

"SHO_Stealth_1_Sake_Den"

Thanks for your nice words Zorphon! Yes I saw the S2-Realism mod and it's made with hex-editing.

AUM-SHO can be used with all save-games and it isn't needed to start a new campaign. I will add this information to my first page too.

Good news about the "units" table. It is now accessible with taw's amazing tools and this is one step further to custom units.
    Aww, hex-editing. That explains it. Thanks for letting me know, I was curious.
    Save game compatible?! That's great news.

Regarding the good news, what exactly is available now? What new things are available due to the recent access to it? Will we be seeing a new version shortly, and if so; any ideas on what you will include?

Sorry if I ask a lot of questions, but I am really into Shogun 2 more-so than any other total war game thus far and I've also been getting into mods more so I have a lot of questions. If I'm pestering you, just tell me to stop!

*edit* Also, I think Wako units are a great idea to include at 'Sake' buildings. I would be very happy to see this! Going off this... is it possible to create your own building? Is that table accessible yet? If you could, it would be very cool if you could somehow make it so if you have a 'Sake' building in the province, and a harbor as well that you could upgrade the harbor into a "Pirate Harbor" or something. That way it's harder to get them than simply the 'Sake' buildings, but also would make it interesting to turn your harbor into a pirate domain.
    I don't know, just an idea I have. Probably impossible to do at the current state of the tools but maybe something along those lines to look at for the future? Or maybe a new tech that you have to research to allow you to upgrade the harbor into the pirate harbor.

Additionally.... Maybe you could include the provinces that have "Pirate" buildings so the player knows where to go.
    Looking forward to hearing from you! And sorry for the long post, but this gets me so excited!
    Last edited by zorphon; March 28, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
    My machine:

Nice work I'll try this right away. Can't wait to see my monks in action

This might have been asked and I'm just blind and missing it (even with search on, now that's bad) but are the versions save game compatable? Want to upgrade but don't want to start over. Digging the way my current campaign is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
    This might have been asked and I'm just blind and missing it (even with search on, now that's bad) but are the versions save game compatable? Want to upgrade but don't want to start over. Digging the way my current campaign is going.
    Yup he did say it is save game compatible, I asked.

Just put it in the data folder and load your save and you're good to go!
    My machine:

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post

"SHO_Stealth_1_Sake_Den"

You think it can be savegame related? Or other mod related?

I am using Morale mod + Real Divide mods. And yours ofcourse. 2 savegames - both already when i am shogun and have about 30+ provincies. (One is Oda, second Mori)

I can post screenshot, really in market when i move mouse over it i see only Katana Ronin with 2 chevrons, no Yari. Same in recruitment tab. Yari Ronin only in Kanabukama.

Strange

Yup he did say it is save game compatible, I asked.

Just put it in the data folder and load your save and you're good to go!
    Awesome, thanks! That's just the news I wanted to hear.

hi this mod kinda ruined my campaign

After i installed the mod the next turn i had -4000 income got bankrupt and the food was -21

is the mod doing something to the ukeep ?

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

Thanks for this great mod, I can recruit Yari Ronin in any market level, so what is the problem with who can't ?
    Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that Yari Ronin are better than the normal Yari Samurai while they are just like 100 koku upkeep. I tested some custom battles to see if they can really beat the samurai and they beat them. the upkeep for the Yari Katana is good, but I find the Yari Ronin upkeep too low as they can beat 3 Yari Ashigaru units. So is there anyway to change their upkeep ?

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Thanks Swiss, any luck with the monk hero units? They seem to almost be impossible to unlock.

Hey Swiss, thanks for the quick mod. I've installed it and am now planning a new campaign to play. We needed this badly. I have a couple of quick nit picking questions that I hope you have the patience to answer. Regarding these units:

Naginata Warrior Monk Cavalry

requires the "Yari drill building" and a temple:
    "SHO_Buddhist_2_Monastery"
    "SHO_Buddhist_3_Temple_Complex"
    "SHO_Buddhist_4_Legendary_Temple"

Matchlock Warrior Monks

requires the special "Matchlock maker building" and a temple:

In the historical battle that contains the Uesugi matchlock warrior monks, why is that these two unlocked units above don't have their own special Uesugi versions of the same unit, IE Uesugi naginata warrior monks and Uesugi warrior monk bowmen? I know from the historical battle there is at least a special Uesugi matchlock warrior monk unit, so is this unlockable? I wanted to go for a playthrough with Uesugi if it was possible to have an all "Uesugi" warrior monk army.

Again, cool mod and can't wait for new updates.

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.3 - updated 18.3.11

Quote Originally Posted by Dalkar View Post
    That's the annoying thing, I've downloaded 7-Zip but when I download the file it says I don't have the required software to open it. Instead of 'Open' there is 'Find' and that takes me to a new internet window which tries to make me buy Microsoft stuff. Should I use Save instead of Find?
    Real sorry to be a pain guys, I'm not good at computer stuff.
    for Dalkar - these are files you want mate download & save (should end up in your downloads folder) view readme file should be fine
    hope this helps mate
    Last edited by plissken3; March 29, 2011 at 12:12 PM.
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Yeah 1.5 thanks swiss you are on the ball i can't wait to try the units for campaign +REP
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

what about the yari ronin upkeep?

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Great mod, got a question, do ronin units have a recruitment cap? Also think Naginata monk cav needs to have stables as a requirement as other cav units.
    Last edited by Kambe; March 30, 2011 at 05:02 AM.

Don't preorder games!

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

I think my replies are invisible

Quote Originally Posted by plissken3 View Post
    Yeah 1.5 thanks swiss you are on the ball i can't wait to try the units for campaign +REP
    Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    Nice work I'll try this right away. Can't wait to see my monks in action
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
    Awesome, thanks! That's just the news I wanted to hear.
    Thanks a lot to all of you!

You think it can be savegame related? Or other mod related?
    I am using Morale mod + Real Divide mods. And yours ofcourse. 2 savegames - both already when i am shogun and have about 30+ provincies. (One is Oda, second Mori)

I can post screenshot, really in market when i move mouse over it i see only Katana Ronin with 2 chevrons, no Yari. Same in recruitment tab. Yari Ronin only in Kanabukama.
    Strange
    Thanks Radious for your valuable feedback via pm. I fixed it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    Thanks Swiss, any luck with the monk hero units? They seem to almost be impossible to unlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_culver View Post
    Hey Swiss, thanks for the quick mod. I've installed it and am now planning a new campaign to play. We needed this badly. I have a couple of quick nit picking questions that I hope you have the patience to answer. Regarding these units:

Naginata Warrior Monk Cavalry

requires the "Yari drill building" and a temple:

Matchlock Warrior Monks

requires the special "Matchlock maker building" and a temple:

In the historical battle that contains the Uesugi matchlock warrior monks, why is that these two unlocked units above don't have their own special Uesugi versions of the same unit, IE Uesugi naginata warrior monks and Uesugi warrior monk bowmen? I know from the historical battle there is at least a special Uesugi matchlock warrior monk unit, so is this unlockable? I wanted to go for a playthrough with Uesugi if it was possible to have an all "Uesugi" warrior monk army.

Again, cool mod and can't wait for new updates.
    Hello Kinjo and ian, yes that's really strange that these unique units aren't available.

The related entry in the "units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions" table is there:
    "Inf_Heavy_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Hero_Uesugi" "uesugi" true

And the building is assigned in the "building_units_allowed" table too:
    "SHO_Buddhist_4_Legendary_Temple" "Inf_Heavy_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Hero_Uesugi"

I will look at this again.

Aww, hex-editing. That explains it. Thanks for letting me know, I was curious.
    Save game compatible?! That's great news.

Regarding the good news, what exactly is available now? What new things are available due to the recent access to it? Will we be seeing a new version shortly, and if so; any ideas on what you will include?

Sorry if I ask a lot of questions, but I am really into Shogun 2 more-so than any other total war game thus far and I've also been getting into mods more so I have a lot of questions. If I'm pestering you, just tell me to stop!

*edit* Also, I think Wako units are a great idea to include at 'Sake' buildings. I would be very happy to see this! Going off this... is it possible to create your own building? Is that table accessible yet? If you could, it would be very cool if you could somehow make it so if you have a 'Sake' building in the province, and a harbor as well that you could upgrade the harbor into a "Pirate Harbor" or something. That way it's harder to get them than simply the 'Sake' buildings, but also would make it interesting to turn your harbor into a pirate domain.
    I don't know, just an idea I have. Probably impossible to do at the current state of the tools but maybe something along those lines to look at for the future? Or maybe a new tech that you have to research to allow you to upgrade the harbor into the pirate harbor.

Additionally.... Maybe you could include the provinces that have "Pirate" buildings so the player knows where to go.

Looking forward to hearing from you! And sorry for the long post, but this gets me so excited!
    Hello zorphon, no I don't create new buildings, because this would make AUM-SHO incompatible to other major compilations and gameplay mods.

I design my AUM mods that they are as compatible as possible and can be used with other mods and compilations.

Quote Originally Posted by Boba93 View Post
    Thanks for this great mod, I can recruit Yari Ronin in any market level, so what is the problem with who can't ?
    Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that Yari Ronin are better than the normal Yari Samurai while they are just like 100 koku upkeep. I tested some custom battles to see if they can really beat the samurai and they beat them. the upkeep for the Yari Katana is good, but I find the Yari Ronin upkeep too low as they can beat 3 Yari Ashigaru units. So is there anyway to change their upkeep ?
    what about the yari ronin upkeep?
    I think my replies are invisible
    Boba your replies are not invisible but my time to mod and to be online is very limited at the moment. Yes I know this problem with the costs/upkeep of these units and the related change must be made in the new accessible "units" db table. I will look at this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreius Pretorianus View Post
    hi this mod kinda ruined my campaign
    After i installed the mod the next turn i had -4000 income got bankrupt and the food was -21
    is the mod doing something to the ukeep ?
    Hello Andreius, you're using a gameplay mod that changes these values. AUM-SHO doesn't change anything income or food related.

Quote Originally Posted by Kambe View Post
    Great mod, got a question, do ronin units have a recruitment cap? Also think Naginata monk cav needs to have stables as a requirement as other cav units.
    Hello Kambe, the "Naginata Monk Cavalry" needs the resource horses of course.

Hello to all AUM-SHO players,

today I released AUM-SHO 1.6 and here is the changelog.

- unlocked the "Loan Sword Ashigaru" unit in the campaign (thanks to Agostinos for his valuable informations)

requires a sword school building:

"SHO_Sword_1_Sword_School"
    "SHO_Sword_2_Nodachi"
    "SHO_Sword_3_Master_Dojo"
    "SHO_Sword_4_Legendary_Dojo"

- fixed the "Ronin" unit recruitment (thanks to Agostinos for his information about the related db table and thanks to Radious for his valuable feedback)
    "SHO_Crafts_1_Market"
    "SHO_Crafts_2_Rice_Exchange"
    "SHO_Crafts_3_Merchant_Guild"
    "SHO_Crafts_4_Kanabukama"

- both "Wako" units can be recruited at the "Pirate" and "Sake" buildings:
    "SHO_Region_Specialty_Naval_2_Pirate_Lair"
    "SHO_Region_Specialty_Naval_3_Pirate_Fortress"
    "SHO_Stealth_1_Sake_Den"
    "SHO_Stealth_4_Mizu_Shobai"

Thanks a lot to
    Lord Maximus, Porphyr and husserlTW for their new Pack File Manager for Shogun.

Today I released the updated Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Shogun (UPC-SHO) 1.1.

- contains the complete localisation of the last patch
    - several minor text fixes by Swiss Halberdier

Please report any vanilla text errors that you find and I will include these fixes.

I updated the first page with all new information.

Cheers and enjoy AUM-SHO 1.6!
    Swiss Halberdier