Thread: The Winners of POTW 629 & 630, GPOTW 199, UESW 531 and VOTM 85

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Default The Winners of POTW 629 & 630, GPOTW 199, UESW 531 and VOTM 85

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Monthly Writers' Study Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

The winner of POTW 629 was Alexander78

The winner of POTW 630 was Hitai de Bodemloze

The winner of GPOTW 199 was RafSwi7

The winner of UESW 531 was Nicholas Rush

The winner of VOTM 85 was Historia80

RewardsAlexander78: 1 competition point and +3 reps;
    Hitai de Bodemloze: 1 competition point and +3 reps
    RafSwi7: 1 competition point and +3 reps
    Nicholas Rush: +3 reps;
    Historia80: 1 video competition point and +6 reps;

Greetings all on this beautiful Saturday morning (at least it is for me). Again we have a wonderful list of people worthy of recognition and awards.

The winner of POTW 629 is Alexander78. Locked in a deathly struggle with RafSwi7 in the revotes Alex's Spartans emerge victorious! Raf's Chinese heroes retreat to lick their wounds and prepare for the next battle. Another wonderous shot from Alex in a new style. The black and white background in contrast to the bright colours of the forefront draw the eye to the main point of the shot. These soldiers live in the moment of this gruesome maelstorm and the outside world fades away. Simply superb Alex! Well done.

The winner of POTW 630 is Hitai de Bodemloze. When we say Hitai you immediately think of Shogun 2. Hitai's record of incredible Japanese shots is phenominal and this one is no different. A gritty siege battle we see the Oda banner flying in the distance. No snow and rain will hold the samurai back in their conquest for honour and glory. Congrats on a very deserved win Hitai! Hitai receives a third competition point meaning he also receives the bronze Picture Competitions medal!

The winner of GPOTW 199 is RafSwi7. It seems the POTW 629 revote wasn't the only battle between the powers of Alex and Raf. The Norsemen are simply no match for the galactic might of the Imperial Star Destroyers. The people of Coruscant live under the protection of the Emperor. Pray they never rebel for the waste the Star Destroyers bring with them is tremendous and should they invoke the ire of Lord Vader noone will be safe. A superb shot RafSwi! You receive one competition point bringing your total to 10 points!

The winner of UESW 531 is Nicholas Rush. Another fleet from another empire, from another planet far far away sets sail to conquer the oceans. Rule Britannia! Opposition is to be found everywhere and the British Empire must ensure they remain on top to claim the Empire in which the Sun never sets. Congrats on the win Nicholas!

The winner of VOTM 85 is Historia80. Historia surprises us all with a great cinematic of the last days of the Great War. A surprise German offensive takes place. Shells whir round the French and British troops' ears as the German Imperial Army advances. The Entente forces have to retreat to avoid complete annihilation. The battle is won but at what terrible cost? Congrats on your very first video competition point Historia80! Two more victories and you will receive a bronze Video Competition medal
    (apologies that I had forgotten about the VOTM )

And with that we are done here. The famous GPOTW 200 has gone into a three-way revote and I can now reveal what many have guessed. Indeed we will be awarding extra rewards for the 200th anniversary of the GPOTW! 2 competition points and +6! reps will be awarded to the one who emerges victorious!

I wish you all a wonderful weekend, wherever you may roam, and I hope to see you all next week. Bye bye.

Turk, Out
    Last edited by Turkafinwë; February 21, 2021 at 05:23 AM. Reason: added VOTM 85

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: The Winners of POTW 629 & 630, GPOTW 199 and UESW 531

Congratulations to all winners.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Congratulations to the winners, your pictures are amazing! Extra congratulations to Hitai on your medal and thanks to Turk.

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Many thanks all, and congrats to the other winners!

Edit: it wasn't a siege battle actually, but a naval battle, with water splashing up in between two ships. I may have gone a bit overboard on the effects though, if you'll excuse the pun
    Last edited by Hitai de Bodemloze; February 20, 2021 at 09:18 AM.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Great captures everyone!

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

great job . congratz winners ! these are great pics.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    Many thanks all, and congrats to the other winners!

Edit: it wasn't a siege battle actually, but a naval battle, with water splashing up in between two ships. I may have gone a bit overboard on the effects though, if you'll excuse the pun
    Wow I was really convinced it was a siege battle. Maybe I should go see my eye doctor. Perhaps it's time for new glasses.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great pics!

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Thanks to everyone who participated and voted. My congratulations to Raf, Nicholas and Hitai (not only with the victory but also with the medal), beautiful screens.

Turk, just a great announcement of the winners. I applaud you, bro.

@Hitai
    I generally thought it was a winter battle, I took the sea spray for the falling snow.

Yes, Eivor could not defeat Odin's chariot in the revote, which is probably how he perceived the huge spaceship hanging over his head. But the stubborn Norwegian will come back and take his toll. Just because I don't play anything else right now except AС Valhalla.
    Last edited by Alexander78; February 20, 2021 at 12:08 PM.

RafSwi7's Avatar Content Staff
    Citizen

Congratulations everyone! Congratulations Hitai for a medal!

Content Emeritus

It seems I made a bit of a boo boo Will everyone join me in congratulating Historia80 on his victory in VOTM 85! Congrats on your first victory Historia80!
    Last edited by Turkafinwë; February 21, 2021 at 05:33 AM.

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Default Re: The Winners of POTW 629 & 630, GPOTW 199, UESW 531 and VOTM 85

Of course, we all join in the congratulations. Great video and a great debut victory Historia80! We are waiting for more videos and wish you new victories.

Campidoctor

Congrats. Good shots. And lots to do for Turk.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Of course, we all join in the congratulations. Great video and a great debut victory Historia80! We are waiting for more videos and wish you new victories.
    Thank you! I will certainly participate with more videos, as for the victories we will see...

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Congrats guys, good stuff!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman