by nickman777

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    cheater's version:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1767
    intermediate version:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1769
    you can also try LUSTED's AI
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=135208

• late era campaign needs editing to descr_strat. change ai_labels accordingly.
    • late era AI_LABELS: latedefault latecatholic lateislam

install instructions:

unzip to ..\mods\Stainless_Steel\data overwriting existing files.

please use all files pertaining to this mod.

credits to:
    king kong (for stainless steel)
    chapakula (mapping a great map)
    commitern (suggesting great map ideas)
    testers (you guys have my gratitude)

REVISION 6:

some of you may know, there are two ways of mass producing the armies. i will show you the alternate way(2nd approach method) in transpiring this event. do keep mind, because it is a "superficial" method, repercussions will apply. the "spider effect" slowing down your computer (because too many armies in the strategy map) is one example.
    the primary approach does not suffer by any whimsical behavior, but i choose not to share this as of yet.
    the result by this applicability is another immense difficulty booster. it is a total new experience far differing to other CAI. finally you will enjoy the immerse epic struggle to world domination..

FEATURES

map extensions:
    using chapakua map (many regions)
    reconstructered terrain to conform with the settlement placing.

campaign AI:
    - realistic alliance system
    - alliance support fighting common enemy
    - stability in alliance. backstab is possible, but infrequent
    - higher relations with a faction means greater possibility of longer lasting relationship
    - no random alliances
    - diplomacy enhanced
    - appropriate ceasefires lasting at least 5 turns
    - caution is taken when at war with too many factions
    - fastest expansion early in game
    - efficient army stacking
    - AI produces much more armies than any other mods out available!
    - advance army composition
    - pope profile redone. attacks only excommunicated and sometimes islam factions.

battle AI:
    - Darth's battle physics
    - custom config_ai_battle by me
    - reduced general hp by 1 (more soldiers to compensate)
    - longer javelin range
    - redefined morale balance

***PREVIEW***

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by nickman777; December 15, 2007 at 01:16 PM.

Default Re: NICKMAN777'S ENHANCEMENT PACK for SS 5.1

Will I see a more diverse enemy? I was playing Egypt and I never had a crusade against me, and both the templars and the turks only recruit spearmen.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

Quote Originally Posted by wonkuruben View Post
    Will I see a more diverse enemy? I was playing Egypt and I never had a crusade against me, and both the templars and the turks only recruit spearmen.
    hi wonk, casting our differences aside,
    you will not only see diverse army composition, but a realistic army confrontations. the AI will mass up its forces to no boundaries, even at the expense of economic deflation, so money script is vital here. the concept is like a real situated empire/kingdoms. hordes will form during at peace or at war, defending its borders. when engagement occurs with a faction, they will not hesitate to use its authoritative might upon you or whomever is deemed unworthy

an estimated army production rate of, at war is roughly 95% and when at peace, around 85-90%,
    if they are unthreatened, they will maintain at a relative level.
    do not worry about the production rate because the AI is fully capable of building structures , etc.

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Sound cool.. so by saying that AI constantly produces armies, they always have military as a priority?

Whitch CAI are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by aNarion. View Post
    Sound cool.. so by saying that AI constantly produces armies, they always have military as a priority?

Whitch CAI are you using?
    i wouldn't say a priority...because that means military precedence. military is not competing with another..

using my own cai

I'm really looking forward to this Nick, one of my main gripes with the game besides the battlefield AI, (which cant really be helped) is that the enemy does nothing to compensate for its stupidity, even with overwhelming numbers. If I know they've got 3 stacks to my 1, regardless of how stupid they are, I might think twice before engaging them. When is it going to be released?

OMG

so many armies O_O
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

will you be able to use only the AI, in this minior mod?

I don't get it.

Does this mean there are mass armies on the map all the time or just before an attack?
    Do the armies merge before attack?

I used your mod since its release and so far I was very satisfied with it. If the map will be crowded with armies all the time now I will be very sad.
    Last edited by TGoP; November 19, 2007 at 04:16 PM.

Looks interesting.

Something that bothers me is when a small force attacks one of my large forces. Can that be fixed? Have you noticed if any of those spiders attack instead of merge?

+rep

How will the player possibly be able to make the kind of florins to field armies to rival that?

Vadimus's Avatar Foederatus

Hi NICKMAN777
    Sorry but link is dead.
    Download link not working?

I'm really eager to have this mod now.. Can't get my mind away from all those mega large armies, that arnt so popular currently in the vanilla 5.1(early era).

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

How can a player afford to field an army against that?

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

republic_bohemia's Avatar Decanus

Noobs lalala noobs need to stop playing games because all they do is complain.

Download link is down,thanks for the great mod,it looks lovely.
    It is about time I actually need to fight battles to secure survival and a funner lasting game play.

I wouldn't call people asking questions and being curious about a mod Noobs hehe. When I saw all those stacks in the ss's I wondered how will I be able to combat this... and realized that the AI will probably fill it with peasants and the like.

And I agree with republic_bohemia that the bigger the challenge the better the game play.
    Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!

Quote Originally Posted by Okocim View Post
    I wouldn't call people asking questions and being curious about a mod Noobs hehe. When I saw all those stacks in the ss's I wondered how will I be able to combat this... and realized that the AI will probably fill it with peasants and the like.

And I agree with republic_bohemia that the bigger the challenge the better the game play.
    Yes hopefully the AL will fill their armies with diverse units,not just spear men.
    Thank you Nick for the great ideal,this remains me of Medieval one with the rebellions.

Keep it up men,I wish I can play the mod right now,but the download is down.
    Oh well I guess am going to be playing tomorrow-thanks given five day vacation! Yes more Computer,Internet,and Green and parties ect yep.

-Peace out all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie1 View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this Nick, one of my main gripes with the game besides the battlefield AI, (which cant really be helped) is that the enemy does nothing to compensate for its stupidity, even with overwhelming numbers. If I know they've got 3 stacks to my 1, regardless of how stupid they are, I might think twice before engaging them. When is it going to be released?
    have you tried my battle AI? its a hybrid of darth + my implementations.
    as a result, battles are realistically engaged, tighter formation, much more appealing, difficult.

it will be released after late era map is complete. (chapakula map)

Quote Originally Posted by aNarion. View Post
    will you be able to use only the AI, in this minior mod?
    you should be able to, though some adjustments are needed.
    everything included within the pack is an essential part of the mod, taking parts out and using elses, will greatly dissatisfy the performance.
    note that many factors contribute to forming massive armies, ie, availability of recruits, money, so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by TGoP View Post
    I don't get it.

Does this mean there are mass armies on the map all the time or just before an attack?
    Do the armies merge before attack?

I used your mod since its release and so far I was very satisfied with it. If the map will be crowded with armies all the time now I will be very sad.
    the army merges the instance ATWAR with its neighboring faction and/or when it needs to.
    the map is impossible to crowd over because constant battles will take place between AI and AI. (aggressive)

Quote Originally Posted by scivian View Post
    Looks interesting.

Something that bothers me is when a small force attacks one of my large forces. Can that be fixed? Have you noticed if any of those spiders attack instead of merge?

+rep
    no, "spiderlings" never attack a greater force, the instant an enemy army approaches home province, it will merge and defend appropriately

Quote Originally Posted by Okocim View Post

AI will recruit units by the priority system, and if there is no pool, it will recruit units that are subsequent.
    Last edited by nickman777; November 19, 2007 at 08:15 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast