Page 25 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    do you use a submod of king brian wich includes the dwarven armour of the hobbitfims?
    Yes that could be the problem :-(

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Dear visitors to the MOS thread.

The voting stage for the 2015 modding awards has begun. Even though nobody could be bothered to nominate MOS 1.7, I still want to ask you to take some time to vote for your favorite mods and modders. All of the people that worked on the mods that are nominated and/or are nominated for being your favorite modder, have worked long and hard so that you, the player, can enjoy their creations. It will surely motivate them to see a lot of people casting their votes in the 2015 modding awards.

And to make things easy, here is a link to the event:

The TWC Modding Awards 2015

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Dear visitors to the MOS thread.

The voting stage for the 2015 modding awards has begun. Even though nobody could be bothered to nominate MOS 1.7, I still want to ask you to take some time to vote for your favorite mods and modders. All of the people that worked on the mods that are nominated and/or are nominated for being your favorite modder, have worked long and hard so that you, the player, can enjoy their creations. It will surely motivate them to see a lot of people casting their votes in the 2015 modding awards.

And to make things easy, here is a link to the event:

The TWC Modding Awards 2015
    How did MOS not get nominated? Was it the fans who were supposed to submit it? If so, we have let you down. I wanted to vote for MOS 1.7. We need to pay better attention next time.

Quote Originally Posted by CatoTheYounger View Post
    How did MOS not get nominated? Was it the fans who were supposed to submit it? If so, we have let you down. I wanted to vote for MOS 1.7. We need to pay better attention next time.
    Yes, the idea is that the the TWC members/fans submit the nominations. Technically I could have submitted MOS myself, but that just isn't "my style".

I was/am part of the the Modding awards committee that has worked on getting these awards up and running, so I do know a bit about what happened with the mod awards.

First of all, the committee failed to hold these elections in 2014, I was not involved back then so I can't tell you what happened there. The result was that we had to organize two modding awards in 2016, the 2014 and the 2015 one. This resulted in a smaller group of people working on the 2015 awards than on the 2014 one.

Secondly, it seems that it is more difficult to advertise these awards in an effective way than it used to be. There were several announcements about them (some of them permanently displayed on the top of main forum pages) and also there were posts made in several popular mods threads, like the one in MOS thread HERE. It seems (most) people just don't take notice, or simply don't see these announcements and posts. One can speculate about the reasons for this, but this thread is not the place for that.

Thirdly, due to real life interfering for some mod committee members and a few "technical" problems, it took a bit longer than we would have wanted to get the voting stage of the awards started.

It is good to hear that you wanted to vote for MOS 1.7, but that is now "water under the bridge". As for a next time, I'm afraid that how the way things are with the MOS team now (and have been for quite some time), chances are very slim there will be a next time.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Andre J. Jassoch View Post
    Yes that could be the problem :-(
    it is as is written in its own submods thread somewhere
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Laetus

Ive been trying to figure this out for a long time now. Does anyone know how to add units by using the add units code? everytime it says it doesnt recognise the settlement. I want to add Uruk Bomb Throwers to Isengard. Would really appreciate the help!

Very nice mod, especially enjoyed the Historical Battles!

Quote Originally Posted by Deetee View Post
    Ive been trying to figure this out for a long time now. Does anyone know how to add units by using the add units code? everytime it says it doesnt recognise the settlement. I want to add Uruk Bomb Throwers to Isengard. Would really appreciate the help!
    add_unit? Do you perhaps mean the create_unit code? If that is the case, then it should look something like this: create_unit Isengard "Uruk bomb Throwers" x x x x

I could not check this from where I am now. Make sure that the unit name is correct, the quote signs are necessary IIRC. The x x x x are to be replaced with numbers which go with the flame bomb throwers, e.g. 5 9 3 4 (it will be different for the flame bomb throwers)

I take it you are not actually playing as Isengard, because then you would be able to recruit them (if you activated the script at the beginning of the game, that is).

Quote Originally Posted by BrasidasBlack View Post
    Very nice mod, especially enjoyed the Historical Battles!
    Thank you, it is always nice for the team to learn that somebody enjoyed playing MOS
    Last edited by Veteraan; November 10, 2016 at 05:28 AM.

Laetus

add_unit? Do you perhaps mean the create_unit code? If that is the case, then it should look something like this: create_unit Isengard "Uruk bomb Throwers" x x x x

I could not check this from where I am now. Make sure that the unit name is correct, the quote signs are necessary IIRC. The x x x x are to be replaced with numbers which go with the flame throwers, e.g. 5 9 3 4 (it will be different for the flame throwers)

I take it you are not actually playing as Isengard, because then you would be able to recruit them (if you activated the script at the beginning of the game, that is).

Thank you, it is always nice for the team to learn that somebody enjoyed playing MOS
    Dear Veteraan,

I have just been able to recruit two units of the Uruk Bomb Throwers. Maybe ive done something wrong. Thanks alot, i will try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Deetee View Post
    Dear Veteraan,

I have just been able to recruit two units of the Uruk Bomb Throwers. Maybe ive done something wrong. Thanks alot, i will try it!
    Good.

I noticed that I wrote Uruk Flame throwers on two occasions in my previous post. That of course should have been Uruk bomb throwers. The numbers are for the amount of troops, experience level, attack value and armour. I hope that was the right order.

There is also this video, which has some usfeful info on how to to do this and how to solve some common problems when using "create_unit"

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Edit:Use the unit names from export_descr_unit.txt that are in the "type" row. I noticed the file that is shown in the video has a slightly different way of showing mod names and original games than we usually see.

Since you asked about them in the thread I closed earlier, I will use the command for Snow Trolls at Carn Dûm as an example:

create_unit "Carn Dûm" "Snow Trolls" 3

This would result in 3 units of Snow Trolls being added to the Carn Dûm garrison.

From the MOS export_descr_unit.txt file (use the name I made green) :

export_descr_unit.txt MOS Snow Trolls entry
    type Snow Trolls
    dictionary Snow_Trolls ; Snow Trolls
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier snow_trolls, 4, 0, 80, 0.7
    mount_effect elephant -5
    attributes sea_faring, can_withdraw, very_hardy, frighten_foot, free_upkeep_unit, frighten_mounted
    move_speed_mod 0.9
    formation 4.0, 4.0, 7.0, 7.0, 1, horde
    stat_health 4, 3
    stat_pri 39, 10, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, blunt, mace, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr area, launching
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 9, 22, 1, leather
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 6
    stat_ground -1, -3, 1, -1
    stat_mental 18, impetuous, untrained, lock_morale
    stat_charge_dist 20
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 1300, 400, 75, 75, 1300, 4, 100
    armour_ug_levels 2
    armour_ug_models snow_trolls
    ownership portugal
    era 0 portugal
    era 1 portugal
    era 2 portugal
    recruit_priority_offset 10
    Last edited by Veteraan; November 17, 2016 at 05:48 PM.

Default AI doesnt work on Custom Maps

Dear ppl,

the battle AI for the custom maps like west osgiliath , cair andros , heneth annun doesnt work prober.
    They´re just standin around, somtetimes they try do climb the walls but event that work.

Im using TA 3.2 and Mos 1.7

Any idea how to fix that?

Fabi

Default Re: AI doesnt work on Custom Maps

Quote Originally Posted by nkccorp View Post
    Dear ppl,

the battle AI for the custom maps like west osgiliath , cair andros , heneth annun doesnt work prober.
    They´re just standin around, somtetimes they try do climb the walls but event that work.

Im using TA 3.2 and Mos 1.7

Any idea how to fix that?

Fabi
    Welcome to the TWC forum.

Well, MOS only really supports the main campaign, at least that is where all development took place. That means we did not make sure that Custom battles and the Fellowship campaign still work properly. In fact I know that the Fellowship campaign will not.

Having said that, the AI not doing what it should is not likely to be caused by anything we did AFAIK. I rarely play custom battles myself and almost never one with a custom settlement though, so perhaps somebody who does do that, can shed some more light on this. However, the chance that the team will fix this, is equal to zero.

Arodi's Avatar Libertus

The faces and hands of the Royal Kinsmen and the tails/plumes on their helmets look off (Rohan), seems to be a texture issue. Is there any fix around for this?

Thanks in advance!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

If there's an actual issue with them, then nope, unless you learn how to edit the skin(s) or model(s) in question (though take it as an encouragment to aquire new arts, modding is a fun hobby, hehe)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quick question for you guys, what does the Lambas leader ability do? This is the first time I have tried the elves of Lothlorien, it does not give a description and I can't seem to tell what it is actually doing when I use it, I thought maybe it would recover stamina for nearby troops but it didnt seem to do that either.

Anyone know?

I started a dwarf campaign a couple of days ago and I noticed Dain-dum has no custom settlement, just a regular dwarf castle in my campaign. I'm a little unsure if this is the way it's supposed to be or not.

At first I didn't think about it much but after lurking a little bit I found the files for the settlement in the unique settlement folder and I managed to find two let's plays on youtube with MOS 1.6.1 and 1.7 where both played on a custom map for Dain-dum. Did these guys mod the settlement into their games, was it removed in some patch or did I screw up the installation somehow?

I have MOS 1.7 and I've been playing on this version for half a year now. I've been teleporting Gandalf aroud the map to attack and check out other unique settlements and they all seems to be fine this far.

EDIT: Since the files were already there I got the settlement into my game by editing the faction creator for dain-dum in IWTE and the descr_strat, it has the same values as a dwarf fortress hence why it shows as a regular fortress. It looks like an elf settlement on the campaign map atm since I switched it with an elven fortress but with some more work I can hopefully get a proper mountain model and hopefully also without switching all elf fortresses to durins halls. I just hope I'm not adding back in something that was patched out for good reason.

EDIT 2: I found the strat model after looking through the .cas files and I managed to put the settlement back in without replacing anything. Mission accomplished yay! It's a little bit wonky so maybe it was patched out after all. Still it's a pretty nice settlement and a fairly good defensive position, only one way in so my crossbows and heavy infantry will be godlike . I'll just play a while and see what happens. OotMM and Gundabad will soon be zerging dains halls hard so I'll have plenty of opportunities to test.
    Last edited by maxlurifax; November 18, 2016 at 03:27 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Silamon View Post
    Quick question for you guys, what does the Lambas leader ability do? This is the first time I have tried the elves of Lothlorien, it does not give a description and I can't seem to tell what it is actually doing when I use it, I thought maybe it would recover stamina for nearby troops but it didnt seem to do that either.

Anyone know?
    It does improve stamina yes, ver significantly as a matter of fact. And while the full boost is temporary, half the bonus stamina is kept after the ability duration passed.
    Also it improves units morale; so all in all it's an ability best used during a proponged battle when your units might become tired and/or morale falter.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Yes, the idea is that the the TWC members/fans submit the nominations. Technically I could have submitted MOS myself, but that just isn't "my style".

I was/am part of the the Modding awards committee that has worked on getting these awards up and running, so I do know a bit about what happened with the mod awards.

First of all, the committee failed to hold these elections in 2014, I was not involved back then so I can't tell you what happened there. The result was that we had to organize two modding awards in 2016, the 2014 and the 2015 one. This resulted in a smaller group of people working on the 2015 awards than on the 2014 one.

Secondly, it seems that it is more difficult to advertise these awards in an effective way than it used to be. There were several announcements about them (some of them permanently displayed on the top of main forum pages) and also there were posts made in several popular mods threads, like the one in MOS thread HERE. It seems (most) people just don't take notice, or simply don't see these announcements and posts. One can speculate about the reasons for this, but this thread is not the place for that.

Thirdly, due to real life interfering for some mod committee members and a few "technical" problems, it took a bit longer than we would have wanted to get the voting stage of the awards started.

It is good to hear that you wanted to vote for MOS 1.7, but that is now "water under the bridge". As for a next time, I'm afraid that how the way things are with the MOS team now (and have been for quite some time), chances are very slim there will be a next time.
    I'm so sorry to hear that, MOS is currently the game I play most, I've beeing waiting for months for new updates and I was looking forward for your work. I'm told Heroe of the West was working with something new for MOS, is their any chance we could see something about it despite not having a whole new release? Or maybe just some personal nonofficial modifications you've done? It could be a great boost for us, who are no expert modders, maybe just some tiny script you haven't released could be so fun!
    Anyway, thank you to all the MOS team for all your work since first release and thank you for keeping your help on the submod thread. I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by aetiusaetius View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that, MOS is currently the game I play most, I've beeing waiting for months for new updates and I was looking forward for your work. I'm told Heroe of the West was working with something new for MOS, is their any chance we could see something about it despite not having a whole new release? Or maybe just some personal nonofficial modifications you've done? It could be a great boost for us, who are no expert modders, maybe just some tiny script you haven't released could be so fun!
    Anyway, thank you to all the MOS team for all your work since first release and thank you for keeping your help on the submod thread. I really appreciate it!
    Thank you, these kind of posts makes one remember why we spend so much time on making mods.

Hero was indeed busy with a rather big project, incorporating the Reunited Kingdom feature from the Reunited Kingdom mod for MOS 1.62 into MOS 1.7. Sadly RL intervened before he could finish this and as said before, there is no indication that this will change anytime soon or indeed ever.

As for scripts and modifications, there are non. AFAIK all of Greymane's work is either included in MOS 1.7 or in the all inclusive patch, Hero is totally inactive and I do and have done all kind of things for different mods (Reunited Kingdom for MOS 1.62, MOS 1.7 and DCI: Last Alliance (WIP)), but actual coding I have been involved in only marginally.

Is there a map that shows which mercenary units can be recruited in which regions? I think I remember seeing one once, but I have no idea where.