Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.2b

Quote Originally Posted by TiTiTimmy View Post
    No message and most of the battles didn't had enemy family members.
    If the message didn't pop up, then it wasn't a qualifying battle. There has to be at least 11 units in their stack and the "Galatian" one is hard to qualify for because it has to take place in Galatia.

You also have to fight them on the battlemap, auto-resolving doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpelicity View Post
    Lugiones

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Lugiones have a randomly-occuring reform event between turn 648 (110BC) and 728 (90BC), which enables the late units.

In my Lugian game the reforms triggered at turn 159/233bc (in the script it says it will be between 128 and 208). So either the script or the descrition on this thread are wrong. Same for the Swebozes.

Also, in the script there are some lines mentioning different Eras for the Lugiones, I gess it is WIP stuff not implemented yet as I haven't noticed any effect ingame or am I missing something?
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; October 24, 2016 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    In my Lugian game the reforms triggered at turn 159/233bc (in the script it says it will be between 128 and 208). So either the script or the descrition on this thread are wrong. Same for the Swebozes.

Also, in the script there are some lines mentioning different Eras for the Lugiones, I gess it is WIP stuff not implemented yet as I haven't noticed any effect ingame or am I missing something?
    That's what it now is in 2.2c - the original setting was far too early.

All that LugianEra stuff is irrelevant, never-implemented code.

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

I used auto-resolve as I had superior forces, just gonna fight them manually next time. Thank you.
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

Hello!

I have a problem with Nabatea... Imperial reforms would not trigger. I have 5 hellenistic polies, 5 minor polies and 2 metropolies, 5+ large markets, my FL is Philhellenos. That's for sure. And the turn number is 340, so the Thorakitai reform must have been triggered ages ago. Am I missing something? Also, is there a way to check if the Thorakitai reform did fire? Maybe it was that reform that is bugged and did not happen, hindering my reform. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Colos

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    Hello!

I have a problem with Nabatea... Imperial reforms would not trigger. I have 5 hellenistic polies, 5 minor polies and 2 metropolies, 5+ large markets, my FL is Philhellenos. That's for sure. And the turn number is 340, so the Thorakitai reform must have been triggered ages ago. Am I missing something? Also, is there a way to check if the Thorakitai reform did fire? Maybe it was that reform that is bugged and did not happen, hindering my reform. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Colos
    There may be an issue with the ">=" in the building check part of that script. I've edited to only use ">", but haven't been able to test yet.

As for the Hellenistic reforms, unless you had a crash around the time they went off, they should be fine. You can tell by the units available to you - can you recruit late Hellenistic cavalry in any of your Greek settlements?

Otherwise, I've added a "failsafe" to the script to trigger them if they haven't happened already (due to crashes and such).

Can't remember any major crash around that period... will check the units, though.

Is that '>=' or '>' issue in connection with the market buildings? If I somehow managed to get to huge city and build LVL 5 markets, should that help?

Thanks,
    Colos

Can't remember any major crash around that period... will check the units, though.

Is that '>=' or '>' issue in connection with the market buildings? If I somehow managed to get to huge city and build LVL 5 markets, should that help?

Thanks,
    Colos
    I don't think the script pays any attention to it, it simply doesn't fire is my suspicion. Though perhaps L5 will trigger it if it treats it as > market_four.

Well, sadly L5 Markets actually requires post reform government, so that would not work. Also, I can't seem to recruit post-reform Hellenistic units. Most of the eligible regions are Allied Government, is that a problem?

What can be done here? I guess this campaign is finished?

Colos

Edit: Hippakontistai, which should have been eliminated by the Late Hellenistic reform, is still available in Egypt (Allied Gov), while none of the new units can be recruited... so there is something wrong, definitely with th Late Hellenistic Reform
    Last edited by Colos1987; November 09, 2016 at 02:49 AM.

Well, sadly L5 Markets actually requires post reform government, so that would not work. Also, I can't seem to recruit post-reform Hellenistic units. Most of the eligible regions are Allied Government, is that a problem?

What can be done here? I guess this campaign is finished?

Colos

Edit: Hippakontistai, which should have been eliminated by the Late Hellenistic reform, is still available in Egypt (Allied Gov), while none of the new units can be recruited... so there is something wrong, definitely with th Late Hellenistic Reform
    I don't remember now if Allied Governments don't have reforming units in them in 2.2b; that was a relatively late change I made to the EDB to make sure everyone gets reformed units even in Allied Governments. Mercenary pools are telling - there should be Lonchophoroi Hippeis in Anatolia and Egypt.

If the reform hasn't fired for some reason (and it's a really simple date-based trigger) then there's nothing you can do about it. That's why I've added a "failsafe" script for all those date-triggered reforms to make them happen if they haven't already.

Well that unit would not appear in Egypt

How does that failsafe work? What should I do?

Colos

Well that unit would not appear in Egypt

How does that failsafe work? What should I do?

Colos
    It might have been recruited, just keep an eye on the pool.

It's not in 2.2b, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do.

Oh well

At least I get to try out the new AI

Trying out Hayasdan turn 75 managed pretty quicly to unite all the Caucasus and unlocked the satrapies governments. The thing is in Gazaka and Kabalaka I cant recruit anything even I have built a satrapy and a native outpost. I really need recruitment there since Ill be dealing with both AS and Parthia when Ill be refusing to pay the tribute. What do I need to do more in order to get the recruitment?

so what does it means that you will ne independent from Seleucids? youll end the war with them but it will gona last? on short campaign the wining objective is to eliminate them anyway so whats the point?
    Last edited by Kranos; November 11, 2016 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    Trying out Hayasdan turn 75 managed pretty quicly to unite all the Caucasus and unlocked the satrapies governments. The thing is in Gazaka and Kabalaka I cant recruit anything even I have built a satrapy and a native outpost. I really need recruitment there since Ill be dealing with both AS and Parthia when Ill be refusing to pay the tribute. What do I need to do more in order to get the recruitment?

so what does it means that you will ne independent from Seleucids? youll end the war with them but it will gona last? on short campaign the wining objective is to eliminate them anyway so whats the point?
    You've hit the bug with the recruitment limitation script failing to unfreeze the pool for the player. It might take a few turns, or might not change til turn 101.

ok then I guess I should postpone my rebellion although I have to cross all of the Armenian plateau to retrain my units in the war with Parthia.

Oh well

At least I get to try out the new AI
    In fact, the Hellenistic reforms aren't in the AI update script in the first post of that thread. I spotted it when I was updating to make the 2.2c patch, we had conflicting updates which removed the Calendar Events section which now holds it.

It should all be working when I get the patch sorted.

Soooo, if I installed the new AI (and the AI only), then the Hellenistic reforms would not happen at all? O.o

Soooo, if I installed the new AI (and the AI only), then the Hellenistic reforms would not happen at all? O.o
    No, that section is missing entirely. There's a new patch now, incorporating the AI update and a host of other things, including fixed reforms. See the stickies in the main forum.

Default Re: Reform requirements

What are the cities for the Pahlava reform? The description is kinda confusing cause it mixes cities and regions.
    Also what is the name of the level 4 farm and what gov type/city level does it require?
    I hope it's not too high cause I had to sack these cities since they had 0% of my culture ;__;.