View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 61 of 201 FirstFirst ... 113651525354555657585960616263646566676869707186111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 4010

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Interesting. I watched Biden's drive thru the other day. I just saw a guy who knows his material so well it made the questions seem soft-ball. If that's your benchmark for mental frailty, I hope you never sit in judgement of me, 40 odd years younger, wandering around my house wondering where I put my phone...

Thankfully, we only have a few weeks before this boring tune can be changed into "they stole the election from us" just so we can talk about something different.
    Last edited by antaeus; September 19, 2020 at 08:05 PM. Reason: ...it was in my back pocket all along.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    Interesting. I watched Biden's drive thru the other day. I just saw a guy who knows his material so well it made the questions seem soft-ball. If that's your benchmark for mental frailty, I hope you never sit in judgement of me, 40 odd years younger, wandering around my house wondering where I put my phone...

Thankfully, we only have a few weeks before this boring tune can be changed into "they stole the election from us" just so we can talk about something different.

But seriously, dialogues between Oblivion NPCs are more coherent then what Biden is saying, but if you want to ignore the senile elephant in the room, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post

But seriously, dialogues between Oblivion NPCs are more coherent then what Biden is saying, but if you want to ignore the senile elephant in the room, be my guest.
    Like you constantly do with Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    Like you constantly do with Trump?
    I disagree with roughly 40% of his policies, but even if it was 100% I wouldn't call him senile. For example, in 2008 election, I'd say Obama definitely takes the mental lucidity achievement over McCain.

I disagree with roughly 40% of his policies, but even if it was 100% I wouldn't call him senile. For example, in 2008 election, I'd say Obama definitely takes the mental lucidity achievement over McCain.
    Yeah, talking about how waiters play with their masks when asked about a national mask mandate is definitely the mark of a man with full mental faculties.

Yeah, talking about how waiters play with their masks when asked about a national mask mandate is definitely the mark of a man with full mental faculties.
    I've looked up context and its just generic Trump making fun of journos. Let us know when Trump can't make a sentence or makes weird rants about children and his leg hair.

I've looked up context and its just generic Trump making fun of journos. Let us know when Trump can't make a sentence or makes weird rants about children and his leg hair.
    You mean like how Trump couldn't properly describe how waiters were touching the mask and handling dishes? That was a joke? Lmao. There is no joke in that, it doesn't make fun of the journalist, it just makes him sound retarded. Probably because Trump really is retarded as evident by... pretty much the rest of the answers during that town hall.

It's quite obvious that Trump cannot speak in whole sentences, as evidenced by said town hall, and he rants on about the strangest things, like why Joe Biden didn't make everyone masks and how waiters are an excellent example of the type of people who don't wear masks.

Um, no, Harris got 844 votes or so. Biden's is de-facto getting out of the picture, as his mental state is deteriorating and both sides acknowledge that Harris is projected to take his place once he becomes physically unable to maintain his post as POTUS. Is picking someone as unpopular as Harris as VP pick for a candidate everyone knows will not remain as president for very long a smart move? You can ponder that in November, while keeping yourself reassured with Putin-style polls that project blue victory at 146%. And how many votes did Biden get before everyone realized that he is as senile as Junior Soprano is pretty much irrelevant at this point. Call it a byproduct of Democratic false advertising.
    So, you're piggy backing from your claim that any vote for Biden is a vote for Harris this time after you piggy backed from your claim that Trump got more votes than Biden did in the primaries. OK.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    So, you're piggy backing from your claim that any vote for Biden is a vote for Harris this time after you piggy backed from your claim that Trump got more votes than Biden did in the primaries. OK.
    So you admit that vote for Biden is essentially vote for Harris, and 844 is less then what Trump got while running unopposed. Ok.
    You mean like how Trump couldn't properly describe how waiters were touching the mask and handling dishes? That was a joke? Lmao. There is no joke in that, it doesn't make fun of the journalist, it just makes him sound retarded. Probably because Trump really is retarded as evident by... pretty much the rest of the answers during that town hall.

It's quite obvious that Trump cannot speak in whole sentences, as evidenced by said town hall, and he rants on about the strangest things, like why Joe Biden didn't make everyone masks and how waiters are an excellent example of the type of people who don't wear masks.
    Again, actual quote of Trump doesn't say that, so we'll just write this off as another case of late-stage TDS.

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

She ruined lives of thousands of black people by sending them to prison for smoking weed, while admitting she did smoke it herself and laughing about it. Supporting her and whining about cops using force on a felon that is violently resisting arrest is peak hypocrisy.
    I see that systemic racism is very important to you. Are you aware of the two parties' views on the matter?
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

The cities happen to be standing there. I was in Seattle just last week, seemed fine to me. I also didn't Reza talk about burning cities down. So was he speaking literally, or metaphorically?
    A company called Property Claim Services (PCS) has tracked insurance claims related to civil disorder since 1950. It classifies anything over $25 million in insured losses as a "catastrophe," and reports that the unrest this year (from May 26 to June 8) will cost the insurance industry far more than any prior one.That number could be as much as $2 billion and possibly more, according to the Insurance Information Institute (or Triple-I), which compiles information from PCS as well as other firms that report such statistics.
    https://www.axios.com/riots-cost-pro...9db4cea9c.html

iTs AlL mAdE uP

Quote Originally Posted by pacifism View Post
    I see that systemic racism is very important to you. Are you aware of the two parties' views on the matter?
    So you agree that Democrats whining about "systematic racism" while sporting VP candidate enforcing what was systematic racism under their own definition is hypocrisy. Good.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

I think the prospect of losing the house is getting to Pelosi:

https://michaelsavage.com/watch-pelo...tephanopoulos/

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

So according to basically every relevant article I've read recently, Biden's victory is all but assured. The only question remaining, they claim, is how much of a landslide Biden's win will be. Considering how lackluster I find Biden as a candidate this does surprise me. To me this election, as is the norm really, offers no meaningful choice. So if, despite that, people really go out in droves to vote for Biden, it can only indicate a hardening of the Democratic party base and that US society has reached new heights of polarization. Even if Biden wanted to avoid partisanship and exercise moderation, should he win, in this climate I doubt he could.
    Last edited by Alastor; September 20, 2020 at 10:36 PM.

Again, actual quote of Trump doesn't say that, so we'll just write this off as another case of late-stage TDS.
    It quite literally does, and you're more than welcome to disprove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    So according to basically every relevant article I've read recently, Biden's victory is all but assured. The only question remaining, they claim, is how much of a landslide Biden's win will be. Considering how lackluster I find Biden as a candidate this does surprise me. To me this election, as is the norm really, offers no meaningful choice. So if, despite that, people really go out in droves to vote for Biden, it can only indicate a hardening of the Democratic party base and that US society has reached new heights of polarization. Even if Biden wanted to avoid partisanship and exercise moderation, should he win, in this climate I doubt he could.
    Majority of articles do not state that Biden's victory is assured or that it is going to be a landslide. There's a full month left and majority of pundits are aware that there are plenty of scenarios where Trump wins.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

The clown against the world: Trump plans to issue an executive order in the coming days allowing him to impose U.S. sanctions on anyone who violates the US embargo on Iran.

UK, France and Germany agree to reject US demand for Iran ...
    The US was left isolated at the UN security council last month when it said it wished to reimpose snapback sanctions, with the European nations – known collectively as the E3 – arguing that the US was no longer a participant in the deal and so unable to act unilaterally. The US, which left the deal in 2018, described the E3 position as crackers and pandering to terrorists.
    Earlier this week Raab told MPs that the legal advice was reasonably clear that the US had excluded itself from imposing snapback sanctions by leaving the deal in 2018. In a tweet after the Chevening meeting Raab said “we are committed to holding Iran to account”
    We have worked tirelessly to preserve the nuclear agreement and remain committed to do so," said the UN envoys for Britain, France and Germany, adding that they remain committed to "fully implementing" a 2015 Security Council resolution that enshrines the pact, which also included Russia and China.
    ------
    Two excerpts from Bob Woodard's book -Rage

(...)Mattis knew he could only quit once. “Mr. President, it’s probably best you read this.”
    He handed the letter to the president, who read:
    “One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies.… “Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.”
    -------------------------------------
    Coats said intelligence officials didn’t believe Iran was developing a nuclear weapon—a direct contradiction of one of Trump’s core national security arguments.
    Everything he said was based fully on intelligence, but Coats could not have more conspicuously stuck his finger in the president’s eye
    (...)The next day the White House canceled the daily intelligence briefing, the PDB. Trump tweeted: “The Intelligence people seem to be extremely passive and naive when it comes to the dangers of Iran. They are wrong!” He added, “Perhaps Intelligence should go back to school!”
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Eh? By the most optimistic simulations I've seen, at this time Biden's victory is like 85%. More realistic IMO scenarios have Biden at 65%-70%.
    So, nope a Biden victory is not assured.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

We need to remember that the media said the same thing about Hillary, and this time Biden does not have the gender advantage and people are pissed off at the protests.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    We need to remember that the media said the same thing about Hillary, and this time Biden does not have the gender advantage and people are pissed off at the protests.
    That assumes Hilarry's gender was an advantage to her in the first place. Was it?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Hillary also had been the victim a thirty year smear campaign that was so effective it had Trump supporters thinking it plausible she was a child molester and cannibal. Many of them are still calling for her execution. As passionately as Trump supporters hate Biden, it's not even close to being the central focus of their entire lives hating Hillary was.