Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Westeros Total War: Fire and Blood 2.3 (ESSOS ADDED!)

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Game of thrones: Fire and Blood 2.1 (WTW 1.0 MAP IMPORTED + ESSOS ADDED!)

Dornish strat models -

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Stormlands strat models -

Reach strat models -

Riverlands strat models -

Last edited by PeaMan; January 28, 2020 at 02:39 PM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Game of thrones: Fire and Blood 2.1 (WTW 1.0 MAP IMPORTED + ESSOS ADDED!)

I can't see the images.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    I can't see the images.
    That's odd they show for me, here is a link to the moddb page which has some of the previews I posted above. - https://www.moddb.com/mods/na37972

Though if your interested in viewing many I would suggest joining the discord as it has many more previews shown than on this thread or the moddb page - https://discord.gg/Xyz6KPM

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    Sure feel free to any/all of the strat models you want.

Yea I still have those hero models you sent me, I haven't had the time to look at them as of yet but I'll most likely use them at some point.

Do you mean the battlemodels for the units? I've actually finished the work Vltima sent me last year, re-working his units into AOPK style. Currently the unit count is at 460 or so with many more minor house rosters added. The last 40 unit spots will be used to give the essos factions more variety of units I think.
    Good news:

Dagovax Sirrianus, main creator of the RTW mod "Total War: 1942", "Israel Total War" and "Holland Total War"- has successfully converted the Freedom Force Star wars NiF-format Storm Trooper to .cas format in use by the Rome: Total War engine. He is using 3DSMAX for his models on RTW- and he needed a NiF exporter for it to convert the FF Storm Trooper into Rome.

Now i know the .cas format is only used by the strat-models in Medieval 2. This still means that it's possible to convert the Freedom Force models of Ramsey Snow/Bolton, Tyrion Lannister and Jon Snow into .cas strat-models for your mod.

When they are strat-models there exists easy to use programs to convert them from RTW .cas models into Medieval 2 .mesh format models.

The models themselves are from the online GoT game so they are of high quality, but downgraded for Freedom Force, a game from 2005 and as old as the Alexander expansion for Rome.

About the battlemodels, i had some from Vltima for the heroes that i did send but they lacked faces. They have vanilla faces and custom bodies. Unlike the FF models that look exactly like in the show. Margaery and Dany are also of the high quality format from the show- but unlike the other three they are very high polygon models and have not been converted to old Freedom Force.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 05, 2020 at 10:33 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

A preview of the new unit card info, I'll only preview the one but so far around 400 are done. -

A preview of the new unit card info, I'll only preview the one but so far around 400 are done. -

400? You're not joking lol. The reason those weren't finished is because we were too lazy to do them.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    400? You're not joking lol. The reason those weren't finished is because we were too lazy to do them.
    Yea no joke . My bad it actually stands at 300 currently. (the next release will have many more units). It add a bit more immersion to the mod. The unit count is 450 or so atm.

I will probably release a early version of the next release on the discord server to gather info on any bugs that could be fixed for the official release, hop over and you'll be able to test the new units etc

https://discord.gg/Xyz6KPM

If you could send me those hero models you mentioned above I'll look into turning them into strat-models when I do the ones you sent me earlier from Vltima.
    Last edited by PeaMan; February 10, 2020 at 05:31 PM.

Hi!

Where can I modify settlements reguirements? Example if I want Skagos as a citadel.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Narandil View Post
    Hi!

Where can I modify settlements reguirements? Example if I want Skagos as a citadel.

Thanks!
    In the desc_strat found at data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign, as the mod has custom campaigns you'll need to change it in their relevant desc_strats they are found at data/worrld/maps/campaign/custom.

Sneak peak of the unit cards for the new units.. -

Yea no joke . My bad it actually stands at 300 currently. (the next release will have many more units). It add a bit more immersion to the mod. The unit count is 450 or so atm.

I will probably release a early version of the next release on the discord server to gather info on any bugs that could be fixed for the official release, hop over and you'll be able to test the new units etc

https://discord.gg/Xyz6KPM

If you could send me those hero models you mentioned above I'll look into turning them into strat-models when I do the ones you sent me earlier from Vltima.
    300 is still a lot- i believe i did at least 150 unit cards for Warcraft Total War, for Game of Thrones Enhanced maybe 30. Unit_Info cards were sadly not prioritized but i'm impressed at your passion for this. We used to have passion adding the TV-show models to the mod and new gameplay- but with pictures it weren't really there. You also have a tendency to add details like every house, every banner etc which is very nice to see.

I did continue work on Warcraft a while back- but it's boring to do coding in the EDB at this point for me. I will do some stuff tonight, and some tomorrow and continue like this during the week. At this point i just want the next release out, and it will be out whenever the boring coding is done for regional recruitment, and then single unit giants.

As you know i left the new GoT Enhanced WIP version unfinished when i decided to continue work on Hyrule which were completed in december. I'm 100% done with that submod, but may create a few videos about it still- the GoT Enhanced mod should get work done on it after the Warcraft release. Another modder asked for it to do his own submod btw, or help us -but i told him it's not playable yet. It still needs all the family members and such placed out for all the factions, then the new factions added to the campaign, then a lot of your stuff. But i can tell you that i will probably need your help with adding unique strat-generals for every house. I once read a tutorial on that and i didn't quite figure out how that worked.

I've never been able to add unique hero strat-models to a mod. I tried it for Warhammer but failed. It could be a cool feature in Warcraft for Arthas, Jaina, Thrall etc as well but i didn't get how to make the unique ones.

I'll look into sending them to you. The ones from Vltima sadly doesn't have proper faces from the show, so the FF models might be better to use for Tyrion and Jon- or use the heads from there and the body from Vltima.

I'll take a look at your latest version some time soon. You've added a lot of stuff that i'd want in the new GoT Enhanced but that also means another heavy load of work..
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 19, 2020 at 07:42 PM.

- The Havamal

Atticus-R's Avatar Libertus

Downloaded and played as the Boltons today. When recruiting units from the crownlands setttlements the unit cards and where you recruit them from has no info and apper to be a geneeric pic.

Overall loving the game man and adding Essos and all that is amazing!

300 is still a lot- i believe i did at least 150 unit cards for Warcraft Total War, for Game of Thrones Enhanced maybe 30. Unit_Info cards were sadly not prioritized but i'm impressed at your passion for this. We used to have passion adding the TV-show models to the mod and new gameplay- but with pictures it weren't really there. You also have a tendency to add details like every house, every banner etc which is very nice to see.

I did continue work on Warcraft a while back- but it's boring to do coding in the EDB at this point for me. I will do some stuff tonight, and some tomorrow and continue like this during the week. At this point i just want the next release out, and it will be out whenever the boring coding is done for regional recruitment, and then single unit giants.

As you know i left the new GoT Enhanced WIP version unfinished when i decided to continue work on Hyrule which were completed in december. I'm 100% done with that submod, but may create a few videos about it still- the GoT Enhanced mod should get work done on it after the Warcraft release. Another modder asked for it to do his own submod btw, or help us -but i told him it's not playable yet. It still needs all the family members and such placed out for all the factions, then the new factions added to the campaign, then a lot of your stuff. But i can tell you that i will probably need your help with adding unique strat-generals for every house. I once read a tutorial on that and i didn't quite figure out how that worked.

I've never been able to add unique hero strat-models to a mod. I tried it for Warhammer but failed. It could be a cool feature in Warcraft for Arthas, Jaina, Thrall etc as well but i didn't get how to make the unique ones.

I'll look into sending them to you. The ones from Vltima sadly doesn't have proper faces from the show, so the FF models might be better to use for Tyrion and Jon- or use the heads from there and the body from Vltima.

I'll take a look at your latest version some time soon. You've added a lot of stuff that i'd want in the new GoT Enhanced but that also means another heavy load of work..
    Yea 300 is still a lot, 200 more left to do though I'll get it done eventually but they can be time consuming to do. Indeed coding the EDB can be tedious and boring, 'replace all' feature in notepadd++ can come in handy in some edits for that file I have found in certain cases.

The unit cards are done for the most part just need to do the cavalry ones then they are completely done, spearmen may need a tweak as they are quite similar to the swordsmen but I assure you they are different just a similar pose and the spear is hard to see

Elessar HS the guys name is isn't it? He asked if I had Souls map that I could send him for a submod but I since deleted that mod unfortunately after importing the map to GoT Enhanced so I told him to get in contact with you. He has 100 or so cool portraits he's going to send me before the next release which I'll feature in the mod.

The unique char strat models are relatively easy I can send you a easy step by step guide on how its done or I might be able to do it for you if I get everything done for the next release we'll see.

Sure send me those models when you can, no rush, also feel free to use any new units etc you want for GoT Enhanced I don't mind. The unit models/textures are all Vltima's I just mixed and matched + created rosters from his work and the unit cards etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus-R View Post
    Downloaded and played as the Boltons today. When recruiting units from the crownlands setttlements the unit cards and where you recruit them from has no info and apper to be a geneeric pic.

Overall loving the game man and adding Essos and all that is amazing!
    That will be fixed for the next release (version 2.1.2) along with many other bugs and some map improvements for essos etc.

Glad that your enjoying it.
    Last edited by PeaMan; February 20, 2020 at 02:02 PM.

Reach unit rosters -

Bowstring WIP (The bowstring works in battle but unit is invisble I'll need to figure it out) -

Yea 300 is still a lot, 200 more left to do though I'll get it done eventually but they can be time consuming to do. Indeed coding the EDB can be tedious and boring, 'replace all' feature in notepadd++ can come in handy in some edits for that file I have found in certain cases.

The unit cards are done for the most part just need to do the cavalry ones then they are completely done, spearmen may need a tweak as they are quite similar to the swordsmen but I assure you they are different just a similar pose and the spear is hard to see

Elessar HS the guys name is isn't it? He asked if I had Souls map that I could send him for a submod but I since deleted that mod unfortunately after importing the map to GoT Enhanced so I told him to get in contact with you. He has 100 or so cool portraits he's going to send me before the next release which I'll feature in the mod.

The unique char strat models are relatively easy I can send you a easy step by step guide on how its done or I might be able to do it for you if I get everything done for the next release we'll see.

Sure send me those models when you can, no rush, also feel free to use any new units etc you want for GoT Enhanced I don't mind. The unit models/textures are all Vltima's I just mixed and matched + created rosters from his work and the unit cards etc.

That will be fixed for the next release (version 2.1.2) along with many other bugs and some map improvements for essos etc.

Glad that your enjoying it.
    Yes, time consuming and boring to create- i also use a method in Gimp where i often only manages to finish one unit_card in an hour, at the most two. As for that "replace_all"-feature it's been handy since i found out about it in december 2017. But unfortunately i can't use it now for Warcraft because i'm doing regional recruitment for the four Troll factions- and in order to make that work i do need to manually copy/paste each line. All the factions have 20 units each, but two of them share ten of their units- so it's sixty units i need to multiply x number of times, then add hidden_resource and after that re-add lost numbers in their recruitment structure. Very tedious and boring to do- but rewarding later because it will enable a player to use all the troops when conquering the others.

Yeah, that's the guy- he told me about the unit_cards and i told him that i were also interested in his cards. Mostly due to the fact that we are using lots of placeholder cards at the moment. If i did send him the mod right now it would not be ready to be played, but he would be able to enter the campaign map as any of the older factions- but they'd lack lots of family_members, generals and starting armies. I did tell him it would be best if i added that stuff first, and then sent it to him- but i haven't really resumed work on it yet. Maybe i could send it to him but he'd need to do the same work i will need to do to make it playable like the old version, but on the new map instead- it's just a matter of time until it's done but as he might want to start modding as soon as possible maybe he could get it. But then we'll end up doing the same work.

Yes, you could send a guide and i could try it out again. For Warcraft i would need strat-models of Arthas, Jaina etc but maybe Bantu would be willing to do that.

Alright, thank you- i'll see what i will use. The first thing on my list though is to restore GoT Enhanced to a playable state. I'm planing to not include the regional system in the new version. Instead elites will be available from all regions.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 20, 2020 at 09:31 PM.

- The Havamal

Yes, time consuming and boring to create- i also use a method in Gimp where i often only manages to finish one unit_card in an hour, at the most two. As for that "replace_all"-feature it's been handy since i found out about it in december 2017. But unfortunately i can't use it now for Warcraft because i'm doing regional recruitment for the four Troll factions- and in order to make that work i do need to manually copy/paste each line. All the factions have 20 units each, but two of them share ten of their units- so it's sixty units i need to multiply x number of times, then add hidden_resource and after that re-add lost numbers in their recruitment structure. Very tedious and boring to do- but rewarding later because it will enable a player to use all the troops when conquering the others.

Yeah, that's the guy- he told me about the unit_cards and i told him that i were also interested in his cards. Mostly due to the fact that we are using lots of placeholder cards at the moment. If i did send him the mod right now it would not be ready to be played, but he would be able to enter the campaign map as any of the older factions- but they'd lack lots of family_members, generals and starting armies. I did tell him it would be best if i added that stuff first, and then sent it to him- but i haven't really resumed work on it yet. Maybe i could send it to him but he'd need to do the same work i will need to do to make it playable like the old version, but on the new map instead- it's just a matter of time until it's done but as he might want to start modding as soon as possible maybe he could get it. But then we'll end up doing the same work.

Yes, you could send a guide and i could try it out again. For Warcraft i would need strat-models of Arthas, Jaina etc but maybe Bantu would be willing to do that.

Alright, thank you- i'll see what i will use. The first thing on my list though is to restore GoT Enhanced to a playable state. I'm planing to not include the regional system in the new version. Instead elites will be available from all regions.
    Milkshape 3d came in handy for creating the unit cards/info but can still be time consuming as well. It can be a pain to get a nice position/view in battle for them, I did create unit cards for around half of the units on earlier version of the mod using that method but I hated it lol.

I'll probably learn to create custom battle maps once I've got everything else sorted for the mod, I want to create battle maps for winterfell etc.

Sure, once you plan on adding unique char strat models just let me know and I'll send you easy step by step guide on how to get it set up so the strat models will only need replaced.

Some more previews.. -

Northern unit cards, (may not be able to see some as the northern rosterrs are huge) -

Dornish unit cards -

Milkshape 3d came in handy for creating the unit cards/info but can still be time consuming as well. It can be a pain to get a nice position/view in battle for them, I did create unit cards for around half of the units on earlier version of the mod using that method but I hated it lol.

I'll probably learn to create custom battle maps once I've got everything else sorted for the mod, I want to create battle maps for winterfell etc.

Sure, once you plan on adding unique char strat models just let me know and I'll send you easy step by step guide on how to get it set up so the strat models will only need replaced.
    I hear you, i got the advice to use Milkshape 3D a year ago or so- but i prefer printscreening inside of the game because the cards become more "bad-ass" looking and less of the same. But you're right that if i would use MS3D then i would be able to finish more cards in an hour. Yeah- it's boring but i think i've got an eye for the right positions of units to fit the cards.

Custom battle maps are hard, not battlefields as that's just re-skinning the existing textures- but actual custom settlements are very hard to work with, especially when done from scratch.

I'll do.

- The Havamal

Custom battle maps are hard, not battlefields as that's just re-skinning the existing textures- but actual custom settlements are very hard to work with, especially when done from scratch.
    As is most things in regards to modding . With a little dedication and some hard work I'll learn to create them eventually, There are some great guides on the subject. I also got the model assets just need to learn how to create them.

Finally figured out how to get the bowstring animation working.. -