Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

For those who are trying to use this to play the grand campaign on Mac, for some reason this submod works for that. I have no idea why really, but it seems to at least. Here is a version for those who want to try it out that has only the startpos/script/character/faction changes in it - http://www.mediafire.com/file/trg6al...eI_submod.pack and no battle/unit/cai changes. The main idea here is to try to see whats causing it to work.

Ygraine if this is stepping on your toes at all let me know and I will remove it. I am just curious as to what is allowing Mac users to play the grand campaign using the submod. It has to be something in the scripts or startpos.
    Last edited by Dresden; July 14, 2017 at 03:55 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

might want to post it on the mac breakthrough thread as well as that might be the place most mac users go to first.
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    For those who are trying to use this to play the grand campaign on Mac, for some reason this submod works for that. I have no idea why really, but it seems to at least. Here is a version for those who want to try it out that has only the startpos/script/character/faction changes in it - http://www.mediafire.com/file/trg6al...eI_submod.pack and no battle/unit/cai changes. The main idea here is to try to see whats causing it to work.

Ygraine if this is stepping on your toes at all let me know and I will remove it. I am just curious as to what is allowing Mac users to play the grand campaign using the submod. It has to be something in the scripts or startpos.
    Also important note!! only works if you rename the file from @a_Mac_DEI_submod.pack to @@a_Mac_DEI_submod.pack, I have not clue as to why thats the case, but it is

That is really bizarre - I wonder if its because you had another submod named the same thing from before (I named it the same as the other mac test submod). Anyway, I renamed it http://www.mediafire.com/file/trg6al...eI_submod.pack

If Ygraine gives permission, I will add this to the official submod list for Mac users and list credit for Data venia and a link to this submod.
    Last edited by Dresden; July 14, 2017 at 03:58 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hey, I think towers are a bit too strong. When you creating a fort with your army and someone attack you, you just need to secure the main entraces and for the towers kill all the enemies

Ygraine is disappeared?

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    Ygraine is disappeared?
    Modders also have their private lives,holidays and breaks. They dedicate a huge amount of time and work in the mods,and they even share their work afterwards. We should be grateful and pacient,that's the least we could do,not just demanding them new updates so we can play how we want. Either learn to mod it yourself or take it easy,come on...

Ygraine is still around don't worry.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

I believe HuoShan was joking guys.

in the 4tpy submod what turn does the Thorax Reform happen

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Not sure if intended or not, but I cannot toggle and untoggle hoplite formation, it's always on, meaning that they move super slow and I cannot spread them when needed. Any way to revert it back to the normal, allowing me to untoggle the formation?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Petrobras View Post
    Not sure if intended or not, but I cannot toggle and untoggle hoplite formation, it's always on, meaning that they move super slow and I cannot spread them when needed. Any way to revert it back to the normal, allowing me to untoggle the formation?
    Ιt's WAD.

Just had a crash on turn 10 or so with the Odysrian Kingdom. I am using the faction heirs/characters submod Dresden posted, could this be conflicting?

What's "WAD?"

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Ιt's WAD.
    "WAD" is Working As Designed, I suppose? If so, may I ask the logic behind it? Taking a wild guess... is it because the AI wouldn't form the shieldwall if it's left togglable?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It does form shieldwall as toggleable in base DeI, Data Venia is based on my old battle system, which did not have it yet. Also I has little in common with hoplite formation in base DeI.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    It does form shieldwall as toggleable in base DeI, Data Venia is based on my old battle system, which did not have it yet. Also I has little in common with hoplite formation in base DeI.
    Is it possible to make it togglable or would it mess with the AI/balance? I mean, it gets forever to move my hoplites anywhere. Those field battles where the AI camp over the hill on the edge of the map just last forever because hoplites are super sluggish even on fast foward.

Any thoughts on the compatibility with the new characters submod dresden posted? I am only running data venia and that mod (plus the no hdr mod), and I have a consistent crash after turn 12 going on turn 13 as the Oydsrian kingdom. Or is it just that Data Venia is much less stable than the base DeI?

I'm having to go back to base DeI, and I was really enjoying many of the features of this submod....
    Last edited by bthizle1; July 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM.

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.1)

anyone else having an issue where, when invading italy, the stacks rome musters jump reform levels? got a nasty surprise and have no idea how to deal with the marian legion that counterattacked my still basic carthaginian army. keep in mind that rome is still in the camillian reforms era.

Apologies if this has been noted already, but the Tarantine White Shields seem to be intended to exist as pikemen, but have the model of hoplites and carry spears.

Quote Originally Posted by bthizle1 View Post
    Any thoughts on the compatibility with the new characters submod dresden posted? I am only running data venia and that mod (plus the no hdr mod), and I have a consistent crash after turn 12 going on turn 13 as the Oydsrian kingdom. Or is it just that Data Venia is much less stable than the base DeI?

I'm having to go back to base DeI, and I was really enjoying many of the features of this submod....
    You mean the historical figures submod? That should even work without DEI, so that shouldn't be causing any issues. Try loading your autosave, saving it and then loading your proper save.