Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA confirmed there will be no more delay for 3K

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: CA confirmed there will be no more delay for 3K

Well, no reason for a further delay. They'll be fixing the remaining issues (hopefully) for the next 5 yrs
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 02, 2019 at 08:22 AM.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

No further delay!

-HS

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Let's go Yeah

The most importart thing to check (after the release) is if any further delay was needed.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    The most importart thing to check (after the release) is if any further delay was needed.
    The most important thing to check (after release) is if people actually care.

I wouldn't say there is any need for a delay. So far it looks pretty good, it has shaped up quite nicely. I'm glad they did not release it when they originally planned, I feel like these last 2 months in the oven so to speak has really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    The most important thing to check (after release) is if people actually care.
    Yeah, pre-orders are already high as Hell though. I think the highest ever for TW series.

Quote Originally Posted by AHumpierRogue View Post
    I wouldn't say there is any need for a delay. So far it looks pretty good, it has shaped up quite nicely. I'm glad they did not release it when they originally planned, I feel like these last 2 months in the oven so to speak has really helped.
    I hate to be that guy, but Rome 2 was also looking great before it's actual release

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but Rome 2 was also looking great before it's actual release
    Yep and Thrones was crap. The big difference with 3K is that they released so much contents already, 50 turns of gameplay from content creators, 24 hours of streaming content on their Total War Live Youtube Channel, we only saw like one battle and a trailer for Rome 2. So people would know what to expect on 3K more or less without waiting for reviews
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1NXvRAGyvE

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC07...QNBJAUprv3Teiw

They'll also be streaming everyday from monday onward, literally everyday
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/77934...8058728807412/

Quote Originally Posted by samuraixkan View Post
    Yep and Thrones was crap. The big difference with 3K is that they released so much contents already, 50 turns of gameplay from content creators, 24 hours of streaming content on their Total War Live Youtube Channel, we only saw like one battle and a trailer for Rome 2. So people would know what to expect on 3K more or less without waiting for reviews

So basically all that's confirmed is that the game isn't total for 50 turns.

​Scoodlypooper Numero Uno

Yes, no more sitting around for this historically beret asinine stink burger to release!
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Just to be clear, before Rome II was released, we were shown three historical battles (Nile, Carthage, Teutoburg Forest) and at least two custom ones (Rome versus Macedon and the Parthians attacking a random settlement). Moreover, Jack Lusted was writing down AARs of his own campaign experience on a daily basis and the developper responsible for the artificial intelligence had given a very lengthy interview about how the AI would be revolutionary brilliant in the upcoming game. Overall, I agree that probably we gained access to more content with Three Kingdoms, but caution is advised about how we should receive this flow of information. Let's not forget that any information revealed to the public is monopolised by Creative Assembly, which is of course not an impartial source. It's very much possible that the game will be a great success, but skepticism towards marketing material specifically designed to generate excitement is highly recommended. Even the objectivity of "community reviewers" should not be always guaranteed, since every video needs to be firstly approved by the company, while also the relationship between the amateur Youtubers and SEGA/CA is certainly not founded on equal grounds.

Too funny! Confirming a release date.
    The game releases right before exams; so I guess i won't necessarily be the proverbial guinea pig.

Quote Originally Posted by samuraixkan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Just to be clear, before Rome II was released, we were shown three historical battles (Nile, Carthage, Teutoburg Forest) and at least two custom ones (Rome versus Macedon and the Parthians attacking a random settlement). Moreover, Jack Lusted was writing down AARs of his own campaign experience on a daily basis and the developper responsible for the artificial intelligence had given a very lengthy interview about how the AI would be revolutionary brilliant in the upcoming game. Overall, I agree that probably we gained access to more content with Three Kingdoms, but caution is advised about how we should receive this flow of information. Let's not forget that any information revealed to the public is monopolised by Creative Assembly, which is of course not an impartial source. It's very much possible that the game will be a great success, but skepticism towards marketing material specifically designed to generate excitement is highly recommended. Even the objectivity of "community reviewers" should not be always guaranteed, since every video needs to be firstly approved by the company, while also the relationship between the amateur Youtubers and SEGA/CA is certainly not founded on equal grounds.
    Well, all I can tell (NDA)is that it looks good, feels good, but probably not for the older fans and people used to a different game-style and approach.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

After seeing some of the You Tube Let's Play stuff I say NO WAY will I buy it. Needs major patching for the terrible battle AI . Wait till there are mods for it and after a couple of years get it on sale 75% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    After seeing some of the You Tube Let's Play stuff I say NO WAY will I buy it. Needs major patching for the terrible battle AI . Wait till there are mods for it and after a couple of years get it on sale 75% off.
    I agree. But I feel it'll need less years than Rome 2. Around 2-3, probably.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Speaking of the official let's play videos I tried to watch the stream the other day. It was terrible. It reminded me of the teenage days when a friend would invite you in his home, only to play his solo game and you are left without anything fun to do.

Are all the let's play that bad or was I just unlucky ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    Speaking of the official let's play videos I tried to watch the stream the other day. It was terrible. It reminded me of the teenage days when a friend would invite you in his home, only to play his solo game and you are left without anything fun to do.

Are all the let's play that bad or was I just unlucky ?
    Like any stream, if you don't enjoy the streamers' style of play and commentary, it'll not be enjoyable. I personally don't find CA's content people very engaging or fun to watch, and mostly just ransack them in post for gameplay info if the guys on Teiba haven't already done so.

If there are any Youtubers you like that got access (and quite a lot did), try watching them.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

I agree with @zoner. If you don't like the streamer, you'll probably don't like the game as well.

The disappointing thing about the game is the lack of development of the historical mode. It is ashamed that Chinese history is only interesting if it through the eyes of fantasy.
    On the tactical side of things; they were more focus on the "new focus" and just copy pasted the same tactical stuff. However, it would be optimistic to assume they would anyway. It has been well over a decade now and they have done very little to it.

If you want to watch Let's play, I will recommend PartyElite. Most Let's Play people are intensely boring.

He did do a review

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast