Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: The thread for horrible suggestions

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: The thread for horrible suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    And why not an "Olmec Invasion" DLC? Total lack of vision by the devs here.
    There should also be a reverse option where the Olmecs are allowed to cross the Atlantic and invade Greco-Roman Europe and North Africa, only to be met midway in the Eastern Mediterranean by the unstoppable Qin/Han Chinese faction from the Far East.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    There should also be a reverse option where the Olmecs are allowed to cross the Atlantic and invade Greco-Roman Europe and North Africa, only to be met midway in the Eastern Mediterranean by the unstoppable Qin/Han Chinese faction from the Far East.
    Roma_Victrix, the man, the legend! Keeper of traditions, guardian of silly ideas, necromancer of threads and protector of the lolz.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

We need a really mods covering the Autumn and Spring or the Warring States period tbh. And a proper Pre-Columbian era mod too btw.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

And a Viking invasion from the north! Why aren't there any Vikings in this mod? I mean, Greece is in it and Vikings served as bodyguards for Greek kings. So where are the Viking bodyguard units? Don't you know your history, EB team???

For some sources, I suggest that the EB team looks at:
    1) Rome Total War. RTW had berserkers in it. Although the unit itself is 100% historically correct, CA got it wrong and made them German for some stupid reason (Germany wasn't even formed until 1871, lol ). But at least they tried.
    2) This Asterix album. It clearly shows that Vikings (also known as "Normans") were a force to be reckoned with in ancient times.
    3) Marvel's "Thor" for general information about Viking mythology.
    4) The History Channel. I think the History Channel really lives up to its name, since they always take meticulous care to depict things in a historically accurate fashion and to avoid speculation. For example, there is a great Ancient Aliens episode about how the Viking gods were actually aliens and Valhalla was a spaceship (don't even get me started about the lack of aliens in this mod. Geez).

So there you go, EB team. I did your research for you. Anyway, I don't even know why I bother since the entire premise of EB2 is wrong. It takes place in ancient times right? You know, pyramids and stuff. But yet, it's based on a game called Medieval Total War. Does that make sense to you? I didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Roma_Victrix, the man, the legend! Keeper of traditions, guardian of silly ideas, necromancer of threads and protector of the lolz.
    Don't forget...the Unsober, Brother of Dragons, the Slayer of Babes, Spanker of Bad Girls, the Remover of Panties.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    We need a really mods covering the Autumn and Spring or the Warring States period tbh. And a proper Pre-Columbian era mod too btw.
    I'd love to see a Chinese Warring States period mod, but I'd also like to see a collapse of Qin and rise of the Han Dynasty mod as well, with the ancient Xiongnu nomadic confederation attempting to invade northern China at the dawn of the 2nd century BC. Or even the Han-Xiongnu Wars of the latter half of that century, pushing into Mongolia.

If someone made a Pre-Columbian mod with Mayan city-states, that would be amazing!

Of course, all of this should exist in EB II already, but they're just slacking and refusing to obey historical realism. The Chinese and Olmecs should be able to invade Roman Italy and Hellenistic Greece! Logistics back then were super easy to handle. I should know, I'm very smart when it comes to this war stuff. People who disagree with me on that are very not smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Paltmull View Post
    And a Viking invasion from the north! Why aren't there any Vikings in this mod? I mean, Greece is in it and Vikings served as bodyguards for Greek kings. So where are the Viking bodyguard units? Don't you know your history, EB team???

For some sources, I suggest that the EB team looks at:
    1) Rome Total War. RTW had berserkers in it. Although the unit itself is 100% historically correct, CA got it wrong and made them German for some stupid reason (Germany wasn't even formed until 1871, lol ). But at least they tried.
    2) This Asterix album. It clearly shows that Vikings (also known as "Normans") were a force to be reckoned with in ancient times.
    3) Marvel's "Thor" for general information about Viking mythology.
    4) The History Channel. I think the History Channel really lives up to its name, since they always take meticulous care to depict things in a historically accurate fashion and to avoid speculation. For example, there is a great Ancient Aliens episode about how the Viking gods were actually aliens and Valhalla was a spaceship (don't even get me started about the lack of aliens in this mod. Geez).

So there you go, EB team. I did your research for you. Anyway, I don't even know why I bother since the entire premise of EB2 is wrong. It takes place in ancient times right? You know, pyramids and stuff. But yet, it's based on a game called Medieval Total War. Does that make sense to you? I didn't think so.
    OMG! You're so right!!!! I mean, hello! Germans didn't exist before the finale of the Franco-Prussian War. They were just a bunch of Prussians, Burgundians, Swabians, Bavarians, Bohemians, Austrians, Saxons, and Franconians. Clearly the Berserkers belong to one of these groups exclusively. And the Vikings! Where are the vikings? The aliens? This mod is simply maddening! Arrgggghhh!!!

Don't forget...the Unsober, Brother of Dragons, the Slayer of Babes, Spanker of Bad Girls, the Remover of Panties.
    Knowing that you're a modest man, I decided to omit a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Combining Europa Barbarorum 2 with Rage of the Dark Gods

Orcs can't stand against Triplex Acies.
    Zombies will fall to the Macedonian phalanx.

Actually that's a pretty good idea, maybe I'll make a "fantasy monsters" submod for EB 2 someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Europa Barbarorum Warhammer 40k 2! (the ! is part of the official mod name).
    Lol... 5 years ago I suggested adding the Imperial Guard from W40k as a faction in Rage of the Dark Gods. I am the father of horrible suggestions xD
    The Father (Rad), the Son (Grimmy), and the Holy Spirit (Roma_Victrix), amen.

You know what this game could use? Those Apocalyptic biker gangs from the Mad Max series. That should spice things up a bit.

I finally had the heart to learn to mod Medieval 2 after seeing the amount of saltiness between history total war players and fantasy total war players. The result is this monstrosity of a screenshot.

Thanks to Gigantus for the tutorial on putting a unit from 1 mod into another, but I have a lot of trouble with moving animations. I've moved the required animation files from BoTeT to EB2 and created the relevant entry in descr_skeleton but it still crashes when I try to get the EB 2 version of Orc Boyz to use Warhammer_Orc_Sword. Doesn't crash when I specify them to use a EB2 animation/skeleton set.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Paltmull View Post
    4) The History Channel. I think the History Channel really lives up to its name, since they always take meticulous care to depict things in a historically accurate fashion and to avoid speculation. (...)
    I can take ancient steam cannons, greek pegasus cavalry, ancient Rome vs Olmec, even that screenshot where orcs fights hastatis! But History Channel, man?! This topic was all fun and giggles until this man went to far! Enough is enough and that's where I draw the line!

Like once a wise man said (if you get the reference):
    "Come on, Masterchief! Let's get the f* out here!"
    Last edited by VektorT; November 09, 2017 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VektorT View Post

"Come on, Masterchief! Let's get the f* out here!"
    ULTIMATE SKYRIM

Also you owe me a new keyboard because you literally made me spit my coffee laughing at my current one

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

I finally had the heart to learn to mod Medieval 2 after seeing the amount of saltiness between history total war players and fantasy total war players. The result is this monstrosity of a screenshot.

Thanks to Gigantus for the tutorial on putting a unit from 1 mod into another, but I have a lot of trouble with moving animations. I've moved the required animation files from BoTeT to EB2 and created the relevant entry in descr_skeleton but it still crashes when I try to get the EB 2 version of Orc Boyz to use Warhammer_Orc_Sword. Doesn't crash when I specify them to use a EB2 animation/skeleton set.

Perhaps the animations need to be attached to some proper sounds as well, if you haven't done that yet? That was an issue I ran into when trying to add crossbowmen to the mod.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Now that's a perfect mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Perhaps the animations need to be attached to some proper sounds as well, if you haven't done that yet? That was an issue I ran into when trying to add crossbowmen to the mod.
    Hell yeah! I'd like to add my own crossbowmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Would you happen to know a guide to transferring entire animations with the sounds? So far I have only found this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...different-mods

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Why are the Sakas and Sauromatian units not east asian in physical appearance? This must be corrected at once, EB Team! I just saw an excellent historical documentary about Scythian warrior women featuring Bettany Hughes, the greatest Historian in the History of Mankind, I mean she is in every random documentary I happen to stumble upon, and all of the actors portraying Scythians were east asian. Also, make half of the units female.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Quote Originally Posted by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ View Post
    Why are the Sakas and Sauromatian units not east asian in physical appearance? This must be corrected at once, EB Team! I just saw an excellent historical documentary about Scythian warrior women featuring Bettany Hughes, the greatest Historian in the History of Mankind, I mean she is in every random documentary I happen to stumble upon, and all of the actors portraying Scythians were east asian. Also, make half of the units female.
    Pretty sure I saw female models in the previews on twitter at one point

Yh... what happened to that?

Yh... what happened to that?
    They were airbrushed out of the game by the great and glorious patriotic fatherland heroes under the directive of Premier and General Secretary Joseph Stalin, as a means to eliminate the slanders and falsehoods against the proto-Slavs and Scythian ancestors of the Ukrainian and Russian peoples.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Would you happen to know a guide to transferring entire animations with the sounds? So far I have only found this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...different-mods
    I don't I'm afraid, as was mostly a success through trial and error. I was lucky in that the vanilla crossbow sounds and animations had still been included in an earlier version of the dev build (now deleted apart from on my build AFAIK) and I could revert to where the files were still present. It was mostly an issue with pinpointing to the correct animations and sounds in the relevant files.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

A good way to create mid/end game difficulty would be to have spawning barbarian armies like in Total Warhammer 2. They would teleport directly in your backyard in the same way chaos armies does in the vortex campaign. Would be also nice if the player could hire a whole mercenary army that would teleport directly next to his enemy's capital. Not that I'm a racist but if Skavens or Lizardmen are able to do it, why not Rome ?
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

There should be a series of campaign map missions that allow the player to discover what exactly happened at Uncle Tom's cabin, out there on the bayou.

You know what? This game is conspicuously missing naval missions of Captain Hook's pirate fleet against the Lost Boys of Peter Pan in Never Neverland.

And when the field commander named "Roofio" gets killed in combat, there should be a scroll message with the scene of him dying, saying "I wish I had a dad, like you."