Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The EBII Recruitment thread

Alexandrivs's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: The EBII Recruitment thread

Thank you Eric, just let me know if my replies get to you, because i havent any feedbacks about my pms being sent by the site.

Regards,
    Alexandrivs.

Alexandrivs's Avatar Laetus

Thank you Eric, just let me know if my replies get to you, because i havent any feedbacks about my pms being sent by the site.

Regards,
    Alexandrivs.

ZeEmperor's Avatar Semisalis

id like to be a historian,if its not too late,winter holidays are soon anyways

Could you please detail your areas of expertise? By PM if you wish.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

hello mod masters...i read that post about the team status...so if you guys need some help with the map...map textures, i make some improvements there...http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=416655...wish you the best...

Menestheus's Avatar Libertus

For what it's worth which may not be much, if you need any additional help writing up unit/building descriptions and anything else along those lines I would also like to volunteer my services to the team. Unfortunately I have no experience scripting but if this is something you need, drop me a line.

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for the applications.
    This will take a couple of days until the team debates and establishes what tasks to assign because of holidays.

HAL9000's Avatar Laetus
    In a great city that no one seems to care about.

Hey guys! Obligatory line about how awesome this mod is, etc. I've been lurking here a while and finally decided to chip in. This is basically my first post...
    I'm quite knowledgeable at history, and I know quite a bit about the Balkans. Just wondering if there's anything I can do to help.

I realise that this is the EB 2 forum, but I've got a question for the mod team regarding EB 1.

I'm helping a mod get made for a different game, Mount and Blade Warband, and it's set around the Second Punic War. For ease of research, and just common sense, I'd like to add in some settlements from the EB map, as well as a few soldiers (mainly to just use the in-game models as a good idea to base the new soldiers on for the mod)

I realise that asking for use of something as simple as settlement names and troop types may seem a bit pointless to ask (after all, it's not exactly as though the EB team made them up) but all the same, I've seen people get very annoyed when they find a mod has even made soldiers that look similar to theirs, so I thought it was best to ask.

If the team members can reply to me, or if you guys can point me in the right direction of which person(s) I need to ask directly, I'd appreciate it.

Aenima, just asked the team. You should have PMed someone, this being the recruitment thread, but no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
    Aenima, just asked the team. You should have PMed someone, this being the recruitment thread, but no problem
    Heh, I'm just such an uber-noob that I have no idea who on the current team was involved with the first game/the maps for it/was a spokesperson etc

But still, appreciate it, and a big thank you, not just for the permission, but the awesome mod! Sorry if these posts are clogging up the recruitment thread, feel free to delete if wanted. Thanks again!

If you guys need help with smoothing coasts, check any of the links in my sig, I could get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by danny X View Post
    If you guys need help with smoothing coasts, check any of the links in my sig, I could get it done.
    Thanks for volunteering, do you have any other map skills?

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Thanks for volunteering, do you have any other map skills?
    Yes mate, all the maps in my sig are 100% made by myself.

Ok, I've forwarded your sign-up to the team.

Hi EB team, I was wondering if you guys needed editors/proofreaders. I like to think I've got a good command of the English language, and I know when/when not to edit something. I've got a bit of free time on my hands and I'm looking to get into the mod community, so if you guy's need help I'd be more than happy to join you all.

Hi EB team, I was wondering if you guys needed proofreaders/editors. I've got a good command of the English language and I know when something should/shouldn't be edited. I've got some spare time on my hands now, and I'd really like to contribute to the mod any way I can.

Scripters
    We need modders capable of coding the scripts that we need:
    - scripters for tackling the large amount of traits in EDCT and ancillaries in EDA
    - scripters for coding the buildings trees and complex recruitment options in EDB
    - scripters for coding the campaign_script, where all the historical accuracy of EB2 comes to life
    It is important to have modders with experience in the M2TW engine, for this assignment, specially for the traits, which are extremely complex. We need someone willing to spend several hours per week.
    Hiya,

I just noticed your "outsourcing initiative" on the ORG and was curious if this extends into scripting? I'm not interested in being part of a Mod Team at the moment as my work schedule is a right mess, but I can spend several hours a week on modding. My thought was that since I'm already porting a lot of VnV code over from RTW to M2TW as part of another initiative, I might as well do a little work for EB II at the same time.

The ideal work conditions for me would be that I work directly for the EBII Lead Developer of VnV's and take directions from him/her only. Work areas should be clearly defined and a clear agreement on what can and cannot be used in the other project. This does not mean that I can't work on stuff that is for EBII only.

I'll make a proper application with examples of my coding if this sounds agreeable.

fyi: I have played EB since v0.8 regularly (still do) and done quite a bit of home-modding on the traits so I have a good understanding of the structure, syntax etc. of EB EDCT. I absolutely love the charisma/energy/intelligence Traits. It's the most brilliant thing ever modded in TW IMHO.

Please let me know if we can work something out along the lines mentioned above.

Best regards,
    KP

Thank you both, Tramampoline and King Philip II, for your offer to help the EB Team. Sorry for not responding sooner, but our dev-forum is hosted by the Org and we sometimes forget to check here as often as we should. Somebody will PM you soon, because we can certainly use both skilled proof-reader as well as traitors!

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    Thank you both, Tramampoline and King Philip II, for your offer to help the EB Team. Sorry for not responding sooner, but our dev-forum is hosted by the Org and we sometimes forget to check here as often as we should. Somebody will PM you soon, because we can certainly use both skilled proof-reader as well as traitors!
    I assume you meant scripters and not traitors Thanks for the confirmation, I have talked with Brennus on ORG and he is referring me to your new VnV Tech Lead for a talk. All sorted.

regards,
    KP